• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

octopiggy

Just saw that
Thundurus
is exclusive to Sapphire. I've pre-ordered Ruby.
He's one of three Pokemon I need to complete the 'dex. I'm never going to get this guy am I? This also means I'll never get
Landorus
either. Grrr!

Just saw that
Thundurus
He's one of three Pokemon I need to complete the 'dex. I'm never going to get this guy am I? This also means I'll never get
Landorus
either. Grrr!

Thundurus
is the most obnoxious pokemon ever to be belched out of GF, so don't sweat it.

Just saw that
Thundurus
Landorus
either. Grrr!

Never underestimate how easy it is to get legendaries via trading online.

I think the Black/White games were harder, tbh. Platinum is amazingly well paced.
I thought the interview was more about the world being too hard for kids to explore (as gameplay-wise we know throwing EXP into the starter and fighting anything is nearly impossible to lose). Considering how many HMs you needed to get around the world I can see what they mean.

Also consider the Pokemon BW world design of route - town - grinding area (if town w/gym) repeat till end, gen VI being just as straightforward and having very dumbed down dungeons and ORAS having
fucking teleports in case a kid is too dumb to backtrack
. From those things I think the world design was their perceived problem.

Just saw that
Thundurus
Landorus
either. Grrr!
Level 100 Pokemon (preferably something popular). Stick onto GTS ask for what legendary you want, wait a few days max and you should have it. Levelling up is easy, either buy a load of rare candies on Pokemon global link or trainers that yield loads of EXP (in XY Battle Chateau Furosade girls are the best...hopefully ORAS has something similar).

You've got to consider that might even be overkill now (I still enjoy it as it feels like I worked towards it) because
there are so many of these things transfered up from bank and/or dream radar and with Gen VI ones people might get rid of their spares
. You'll also need
both Lugia and Ho-Oh for getting Raikou, Entei, Suicune

I did not see the Battle Chantile track in the sound directory dump. I would not be surprised if the frontier brain theme played there instead. Who is going to do 20 battles in the maison to find out?

Etzer

I'm conflicted. I have enough points for a $20 off pre-owned game coupon at Gamestop, so I'm thinking I should wait for someone to trade it in... But I like having the game digitally...

Decisions. :(

By the way, how quickly can I import my Pokémon from the bank?

Joqu

I did not see the Battle Chantile track in the sound directory dump. I would not be surprised if the frontier brain theme played there instead. Who is going to do 20 battles in the maison to find out?

I could see the frontier brain track play for that yeah, but I thought the entire XY soundtrack was found in this? Or was that just for the demo?

How far in do I have to get to unlock trading? Considering restarting for a good nature Beldum, but I'd like to trade away at least one with a megastone in case my wife decides she wants Ruby after this promotion is over.

octopiggy

Level 100 Pokemon (preferably something popular). Stick onto GTS ask for what legendary you want, wait a few days max and you should have it. Levelling up is easy, either buy a load of rare candies on Pokemon global link or trainers that yield loads of EXP (in XY Battle Chateau Furosade girls are the best...hopefully ORAS has something similar).

You've got to consider that might even be overkill now (I still enjoy it as it feels like I worked towards it) because
there are so many of these things transfered up from bank and/or dream radar and with Gen VI ones people might get rid of their spares
. You'll also need
both Lugia and Ho-Oh for getting Raikou, Entei, Suicune

Aren't I pretty much guaranteed to end up with a hacked 'mon though? Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but that bothers me. All my other pokes are legit (I think).

Aren't I pretty much guaranteed to end up with a hacked 'mon though? Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but that bothers me. All my other pokes are legit (I think).
Cloned is more likely (tools exist to clone entire boxes). I'd say out of my completed GTS collection of legendaries less than 1/3 are hacked (6IVs usually OT Ash ID #01337 or OT PCApp), including depressing amounts of 4*0 IV Gen III glitched roaming legendaries. I only got them for Shiny charm and now have them for getting the most out of ORAS.

If the "hacked" mon has complete legit stats and moves you wouldn't be able to tell the difference ever. Chances are also that people won't trade completely obviously hacked pokemon to others. Way higher chance to see it used in battle than as a trade.

Also if it's a gen 6 pokemon with the pentagon, the chances of it being hacked are lower and most hacked gen 6 are japanese.

Shiny legendaries of previous gens are most often RNG'd or generated. Both are completely legit in every way but acquisition. So if you don't care about how the pokemon was acquired go ahead. If you really care about that little then it'll take way longer to get a dex. However there are plenty of gaffers that have clones of legit pokemon that would trade. If you even don't want a clone there are gaffers with the means to get pokemon.

I'm conflicted. I have enough points for a $20 off pre-owned game coupon at Gamestop, so I'm thinking I should wait for someone to trade it in... But I like having the game digitally...

Decisions. :(

By the way, how quickly can I import my Pokémon from the bank?

I imported a couple of guys right after the first gym so at least that early.

Renzoku

Banned
You can trade pokemon between XY and ORAS right?

If that's the case, how many of the known pokemon can you collect between the two games? Are there stats for any of that stuff on bulbapedia or elsewhere?

I figure it's somewhere in the 500 range?

JoeM86

You can trade pokemon between XY and ORAS right?

If that's the case, how many of the known pokemon can you collect between the two games? Are there stats for any of that stuff on bulbapedia or elsewhere?

I figure it's somewhere in the 500 range?

Still trying to work it out but around 400-500, yeah. Dealing with the Mirage Islands will take a while to get confirmations of locations rather than nulled data. Currently, I have ~450 accounted for across both versions

Gen 6 is probably the best time to actually work on a living dex to store in the bank. Cause that living dex will most likely save you a ton of time in the future

Wichu

Cool, thanks.

If you meant between OR/AS and X/Y, it's actually more like 700. Version exclusives lower this by a fair amount, but 650+ is still probably doable if you only get one of each pair. You can use the GTS to trade for the version exclusives anyway.

Panzon

Im in an area on route 116 that says "There's something fishy about this spot...maybe the righr pokemon move..."

Do I need strenght?

B2_oa7zCAAI0vNX.jpg

Got my games and all the POTIONS I'll ever need.

Korosenai

Don't know if anyone remembers me from the XY threads earlier this year, but this is Nub. Changed my name a while back.

I'll be getting Alpha Sapphire soon so hopefully I can get in on some battles with you guys again.

TheBear

The only Pokemon game I have ever played was white and it didn't really grab me. Are the 3ds games markedly different? Where should I start, XY or. ORAS?

The only Pokemon game I have ever played was white and it didn't really grab me. Are the 3ds games markedly different? Where should I start, XY or. ORAS?

They are conceptually the same as White, just with more polish, better graphics, and more quality of life stuff. More Pokemon too, obviously. XY and ORAS are equally good to start with, but ORAS has the hype going for it right now. I'd go with that.

Wichu

Anecdotal evidence: I didn't find Black/White to be as fun as the previous games, but I thought X/Y were great. But the basic gameplay is pretty much the same, so if you didn't like the battle system and catching Pokémon then it probably isn't for you.

Depends. What didn't you like about White? The formula is the same but maybe the different region and pacing will make it more enjoyable.

For what it's worth I hated Black/White but liked X/Y enough.

So, I've been thinking..
If there is a Delta Emerald or whatever, where will it fit?
2015 - Z - I'm 50% sure we'll see a Z next year. Not sure it'll be a sequel or not.
2016 - Kanto Remakes - Have to cash in on the 20th anniversary, I could totally see Game Freak doing their beloved Kanto again.
2017? - Wouldn't we be ready to move on to Gen VII by then? (onward to Sinnoh Remakes too?)

Hmm...

Aw man... You get the Eon Flute only after beating the legendary?!? Lame... Now I'll have to rush through the game and get it! (I want to Soar across Hoenn so badly! >_<)

So, I've been thinking..
If there is a Delta Emerald or whatever, where will it fit?
2015 - Z - I'm 50% sure we'll see a Z next year. Not sure it'll be a sequel or not.
2016 - Kanto Remakes - Have to cash in on the 20th anniversary, I could totally see Game Freak doing their beloved Kanto again.
2017? - Wouldn't we be ready to move on to Gen VII by then? (onward to Sinnoh Remakes too?)

Hmm...
Its probably not going to happen. ORAS already has everything you'd expect from an updated Hoenn except BF. Rayquayza even got a new plotline dedicated to it so a third version would be pointless storywise.

TheBear

Depends. What didn't you like about White? The formula is the same but maybe the different region and pacing will make it more enjoyable.

For what it's worth I hated Black/White but liked X/Y enough.

Hard to say really, but I'm willing to give pokemon another go. So I should just jump straight into ORAS?

Top Bottom