• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Oh my god. The sound design here is like... what the fuck. Over at Game Freak:

"You'll make a good lead sound designer but I have one last question. Do you truly understand what makes these tracks enjoyable, and do you understand the concept of thematic cohesion?"

"a-derrrhrhrr fuck no"

"Congrats! You've got the job! Here's a retarded soundfont for you to play around with, don't forget not to alter any arrangments whatsoever to better suit your fucking idiotic and seemingly random instrument choices. We want this soundtrack to sound like you put GBA midis through FL Studio and changed the instruments to cheap synth. Get to it!"

Seriously, this shit is just... no

Teknoman

Picked up Ruby, but I feel like I should finish Link between Worlds before starting. Especially with Persona Q around the corner.

Oh my god. The sound design here is like... what the fuck. Over at Game Freak:

"You'll make a good lead sound designer but I have one last question. Do you truly understand what makes these tracks enjoyable, and do you understand the concept of thematic cohesion?"

"a-durrrhrhrr fuck no"

"Congrats! You've got the job! Here's a retarded soundfont for you to play around with, don't forget not to change any arrangments whatsoever. We want this soundtrack to sound like you put GBA midis through FL Studio and changed the instruments to cheap synth. Get to it!"

Seriously, this shit is just... no

Sounds ok to me? Then again I thought the FR/LG remixes were great and that seems to fly against others thoughts on them too.

Renta

Banned
Pokemon from Kalos don't just say "Kalos". +1 point from me, Gamefreak

bkjgSkW.jpg

Picked up Ruby, but I feel like I should finish Link between Worlds before starting. Especially with Persona Q around the corner.

Sounds ok to me? Then again I thought the FR/LG remixes were great and that seems to fly against others thoughts on them too.

I loved the FR/LG remixes too but something about these is just off. It sounds like whoever did these rearrangements gave absolutely no consideration to the bombastic, triumphant quality of the GBA soundtrack, and instead opted to find the flattest fucking synth elements they could use to misinterpret and fuck up the sound. Not to mention all the times (and I'm only an hour in!) where I'd hear a track and it'd sound like certain instruments are just in there, yknow, just because. No reason. Not because it sounds right or good but because the lead sound designer got really high and decided his dumb shit would sound better than just more brass

Teknoman

Well I've only heard the tracks in the demo, haven't started the game, so that may change.

On frame rate, im not sure how some are saying xy was bad, even with 3d on. Some slowdown during certain moves, but that's about it. And not even horrendous slowdown at that.

Just started a Nuzlocke, get to the third route, DexNav tells me something good I don't have is there. I sneak up on it, and now I'm stuck with a freaking level 5 Lotad with Growl and Teeter Dance. Greeeeeat. Thadius, you better be worth something in a few levels...

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So did they fix the PSS where you would delete a friend from the friend list and it will not delete the character from the PSS?

Because as a frequent trader it's annoying to have so many players in my PSS despite the fact that I no longer had those players in my friend list.

Does anyone know if the
Battle Chatelaine's
are exactly the same as the ones in X&Y? Also, can anyone confirm that they use the
Frontier Brain theme?

I'm not gonna even mega evolve the starters because Swampert's (my favourite) is shitty, Sceptile's is cool but raising Treecko is a pain in the ass and I've already had my play with Mega Blaziken thanks to X/Y.

That and I decided I won't bring my starter anyway. Hoenn starters are ones that I'm already very familiar with, so I wanna mix it up. Picking Mudkip anyhow until I get a full team cuz GOAT starter.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm like fucking dead after pulling an all-nighter to beat the elite 4 and then working on stuff for my job.

Is it just me or does a confused pokemon hit itself more in this game than in XY? For all the times my team's been confused I've never been able to land a hit. It usually ends in me bopping my own face.

You don't need to trade for the others, no worries! You can get all the stones you want in just a single copy of the game.

I figured, though I wasn't sure. I also have both versions of the game, so worst case scenario, I get my stuff from the other version.

I'm not gonna even mega evolve the starters because Swampert's (my favourite) is shitty, Sceptile's is cool but raising Treecko is a pain in the ass and I've already had my play with Mega Blaziken thanks to X/Y.

That and I decided I won't bring my starter anyway. Hoenn starters are ones that I'm already very familiar with, so I wanna mix it up.

I rarely mega evolve in story play anyway since the animation isn't worth the time to me.

I'm like fucking dead after pulling an all-nighter to beat the elite 4 and then working on stuff for my job.

Regarding the fact that this game, like XY, has barely any significant post-game content, finishing the game this early is just plain stupid. Take your time MAN! Enjoy the game..this isn't a competition to see who finishes the game 1st!

Matchew

Got the Crystal Blue 2DS for $99 and Ruby this morning at GameStop. Didn't know they were going to have these 2DS (don't remember them being announce for the US) so I was surprised to see them in the store. Was going just use my wife's 3DS so I was happy to get my own, and I have to say its a pretty nice little device and find it really comfortable to hold more so than holding the 3DSXL. And, it brings me back to having a see thru Gameboy as a kid, good stuff.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Regarding the fact that this game, like XY, has barely any significant post-game content, finishing the game this early is just plain stupid. Take your time MAN! Enjoy the game..this isn't a competition to see who finishes the game 1st!
I'm actually huge on the Maison in XY and probably will be on this one too. The main game isn't too compelling but I enjoyed it for a remake, however I feel as if the whole game really opens up after becoming Champion; some of the pressure probably comes from having Smash to play too. Got some ios games I've been neglecting too...

Too many games to play to do that man (I did the same with X and didn't regret it).

Core Zero

Apologies if this has been answered, but do we know how legendary trios will be handled? I'm guessing it will be like X/Y where your starter determines which will be available. But it would be nice if all 3 were. I'm trying to decide whether to do a quicker first playthrough to pick up one set, then restart for a different set, or whether that will be necessary.

DNAbro

Apologies if this has been answered, but do we know how legendary trios will be handled? I'm guessing it will be like X/Y where your starter determines which will be available. But it would be nice if all 3 were. I'm trying to decide whether to do a quicker first playthrough to pick up one set, then restart for a different set, or whether that will be necessary.

Which trios? Cause there are a few and have different unlock conditions. and no it doesn't depend on your starter.

Core Zero

Which trios? Cause there are a few and have different unlock conditions. and no it doesn't depend on your starter.

Any of them, really. I just assumed it would be like the birds in X and Y. I guess the more general question is, are there any sets where I'd need to do more than one playthrough to get more than one? (e.g. Can I choose only one of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf in any given playthrough?) I'm aware that there are version exclusives for pairs like Palkia/Dialga, but I don't see how that would work for trios.

Top Bottom