• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

TheBear

Also, how does everyone go about selecting which Pokemon game they will buy? X or Y, OR or AS etc. I've never really understood the difference other than one has a few different pokemon to the other.

Kinsei

Banned
Also, how does everyone go about selecting which Pokemon game they will buy? X or Y, OR or AS etc. I've never really understood the difference other than one has a few different pokemon to the other.

Which one has the Pokemon you want. I got Aqua Sapphire because Kyogre (the one on the box) is one of my favorites.

ugoo18

So am i correct in assuming that thanks to Pokebank if i wanted to i could bring over any of my competitive X&Y teams or any rag tag group of high level Pokemon i have sitting around to this pretty much from the first Poke Center and steamroll everything?

It doesn't really matter much these days thanks to online trading.

If you're gonna play ORAS, who do you want to have as an evil team? A bunch of scientists in red hoods(OR) or a bunch of pirates in bandanas(AS)?

ohlawd

I got Sapphire when I was a kid. Wanted to keep that going so I picked up Alpha.

AdamisFox

B28OJKnIgAAl867.png

Will this theme be available to purchase in Europe ?

Hard to say really, but I'm willing to give pokemon another go. So I should just jump straight into ORAS?
If you're willing to try Pokemon again, then I'd say definitely. Have fun!
It's typically just the Pokemon really. BW and BW2 did more with the exclusivity than the rest. Though in the case of ORAS, each version has a slightly different story, mostly in that the evil team you face is different in both of them. (Team Magma in Omega Ruby, Team Aqua in Alpha Sapphire) Everyone just goes with the version that has their preferred exclusive Pokemon. (Mainly the cover legendary.)

I'm getting Omega Ruby for tradition's sake and because Groudon is my favourite legendary, but AS has my favourite Pokemon (Ludicolo). Fortunately I can trade to get one.

I heard the game has a lot of water so I chose the fire one as to not get burnt out on water stuff. Pretty much just chose what looked cooler on the box. To me the fire people looked cooler than pirates. I am in no way a Pokemon fan, so I this will be my first.

Also glad I have no idea what Battle Frontier is so won't be worrying about it being absent. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Omega Ruby has as much water as Alpha Sapphire, unfortunately.

Though I never saw the water as a bother. Repels get rid of random encounters and it's really only during the end game.

So am i correct in assuming that thanks to Pokebank if i wanted to i could bring over any of my competitive X&Y teams or any rag tag group of high level Pokemon i have sitting around to this pretty much from the first Poke Center and steamroll everything?

Yup. It's how i'm using Goomy.

Busaiku

I usually went with the warm version.
So Red (though I got Blue and Yellow, but Red 1st), Pearl, Heart Gold, and Y.

Obviously Black and White wouldn't apply here and I never played 2nd/3rd gen.
But I went with Black because it had Whimsicott.

I went with Alpha Sapphire this time cause Team Magma seems lame.
Bandanas > hoodies.

SoulUnison

Banned
No customizable lower screen battle backgrounds like in X/Y, and no customizable text frames like in... I think literally every Pokemon game before this one.

When Game Freak strips features they *really* strip features.

The bottom screen battle "theme" in battle is *so* ugly.

Caladrius

Version exclusives are the end-all be-all of the decision.

Or if you have more money than brains like me you buy both. (Though the extra storage space afforded that way is very convenient).

I'm playing alpha Sapphire first (Had to pick a version I could open before Christmas). Kyogre, Zekrom, Lugia and Dialga from one Save game is too much to resist.

Though I will miss having Ho-Oh, Groudon and Reshiram (The latter of which I have only 2, and one of those is perpetually fused to my Shiny Modest Kyurem).

For this game I picked the opposite of what I got for the original Ruby/Sapphire generation. I got Sapphire on the GBA so I went Omega Ruby this time around.

Sigmaah

Did they reveal everything? Nothing new to expect when I play the game? If so, that fucking sucks. Can I level 100 battle now or still 50?

I ended up buying both, but if I had to choose one, Kyogre alone would make me go AS.

I didn't see the rest of the version exclusives until today, but in almost every case, I prefer the AS exclusive.

No customizable lower screen battle backgrounds like in X/Y, and no customizable text frames like in... I think literally every Pokemon game before this one.

When Game Freak strips features they *really* strip features.

The bottom screen battle "theme" in battle is *so* ugly.

I thought they would've at least copy-pasted that like they did the maison.

Kinokou

So, I've been thinking..
If there is a Delta Emerald or whatever, where will it fit?
2015 - Z - I'm 50% sure we'll see a Z next year. Not sure it'll be a sequel or not.
2016 - Kanto Remakes - Have to cash in on the 20th anniversary, I could totally see Game Freak doing their beloved Kanto again.
2017? - Wouldn't we be ready to move on to Gen VII by then? (onward to Sinnoh Remakes too?)

Hmm...

I sure hope we get some Kanto remakes for the 3ds, it will be my first visit to Kanto.

I somehow seemed to always get the second version of a pair while my brother gets the first one.

Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire...

-Horizon-

Whoa, was there always a whole zooming out effect when you click on a town's name sign? :O

I'd feel dumb if that was in X and I never noticed lol

-Horizon-

It only did it for me in Oldale Town.

I just did it for littleroot! :O

Like you just click the sign and don't touch anything, it'll start zooming out apparently. Maybe it doesn't apply for all the towns. Guess I'll find out.

And wow, May is adorable in her intro. I'm glad I chose to be a male character so that I could see her expressions.

Wichu

European 3DS owner here. With two 3DS systems. Would this work?

1. Change region of spare 3DS system to Australia, download Omega Ruby.
2. Change region of spare 3DS system back to UK.
3. System Transfer from 3DS XL to spare 3DS (this should merge the eShop purchases).
4. Play OR for a week for the inter-transfer time period to elapse.
5. System Transfer back to 3DS XL.

EDIT: Forgot about the 7-day period between system transfers. Awkward.

EDIT 2: Actually, I don't think I can do step 3 - I'll have to redownload the game after the transfer, and I suspect it won't let me do that until the 28th. Move that step to after step 4.

Noobcraft

ROFL I just beat the first leaders Nosepass by stalling it out with a slakoth. First time I can actually say Truant won me the battle because the nosepass struggled itself to death.

Top Bottom