• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

SoulUnison

Banned
I thought they would've at least copy-pasted that like they did the maison.

Right? Even when they can literally copy-paste content from a game running on the exact same engine and when it's a feature that has been in *every iteration of the series prior,* they just don't bother.

That's Game Freak in a nutshell.

-Horizon-

Ahhh the poke mart! xD

How the heck can they be out of poke balls?? There's a whole bunch on the shelf right behind the dude at the counter lol.

Oh gosh, I just tuned to the TV and the channel was talking about a Unova beach volleyball tournament in Undella town with Palpitoads vs Frillishes. Then after the palpitoads being dq'd for using their tongues they start using the tongues on the commentator....

-Horizon-

Eh, OR/AS PokeCenters feel really small, sparse and boxy after PokeCenters from B/W/B2/W2/X/Y.

I didn't like them for the reason that you like them lol them cramming so much into one building was something that I didn't like.

And its time to get wrecked Torchic! Let's go Treecko!

braves01

Banned
DexNav is pretty awesome. I feel like a cheater though since I brought in all my pokes via the bank so I've already got completes for most of the areas I've been to so far.

Azuran

Banned
Oh shit, Treecko just learned Mega Drain at 13. I can sense Roxanne trembling all the way to Petalburg Woods now.

DexNav is pretty awesome. I feel like a cheater though since I brought in all my pokes via the bank so I've already got completes for most of the areas I've been to so far.

I'm waiting till a complete the game to do that. It's a bit more fun to pull an Ash when starting new games.

European 3DS owner here. With two 3DS systems. Would this work?

1. Change region of spare 3DS system to Australia, download Omega Ruby.
2. Change region of spare 3DS system back to UK.
3. System Transfer from 3DS XL to spare 3DS (this should merge the eShop purchases).
4. Play OR for a week for the inter-transfer time period to elapse.
5. System Transfer back to 3DS XL.

EDIT: Forgot about the 7-day period between system transfers. Awkward.

EDIT 2: Actually, I don't think I can do step 3 - I'll have to redownload the game after the transfer, and I suspect it won't let me do that until the 28th. Move that step to after step 4.

What you can do is:
1. Format 3DS memory
2. Change region to Aus
3. Purchase game
4. Cancel Download(not sure if this step is needed)
5. Change your region back
6. Relink your NNID
7. Redownload the game through the eShop

This method works, I'm curently playing ORAS on my EU 3DS.
If you don't have a NNID linked you can do this without any system formatting.
This method does not require two systems.
!!!This WILL cost you your digital saves if you perform a system wipe!!!

Azuran

Banned
So who else is part of #TeamTreecko?

It's my first time ever using the grass starter, and after dominating Roxanne harder than that first Youngster, I'm in love. [/spoiler]lol Torchic[/spoiler]

Wichu

What you can do is:
1. Format 3DS memory
2. Change region to Aus
3. Purchase game
4. Cancel Download(not sure if this step is needed)
5. Change your region back
6. Relink your NNID
7. Redownload the game through the eShop

This method works, I'm curently playing ORAS on my EU 3DS.
If you don't have a NNID linked you can do this without any system formatting.
This method does not require two systems.
!!!This WILL cost you your digital saves if you perform a system wipe!!!

So you redownloaded it on your European account?

I've put way too much time into my digital saves (mostly Pokémon Y and Fire Emblem Awakening) to want to format :p

So you redownloaded it on your European account?

I've put way too much time into my digital saves (mostly Pokémon Y and Fire Emblem Awakening) to want to format :p

Yup, without issues. And yeah, this method isn't good for people with a linked NNID and valuable digital saves unfortunately.

Neiteio

So is there a list of all the Megas in the game? Have they all been found? And are there any Megas that are time-limited, obtained through a promo or version-exclusive?

I bought Alpha Sapphire with Smash last night, but don't really feel like booting it up yet...

So is there a list of all the Megas in the game? Have they all been found? And are there any Megas that are time-limited, obtained through a promo or version-exclusive?

I bought Alpha Sapphire with Smash last night, but don't really feel like booting it up yet...

Serebii has a list.

Yes, they have all been found.

None of them are time-limited. All are obtainable in game besides the other Lati@s and Diancie.

Panzon

Just wanted to remind you guys that you dont need your pokemon to be in your party when you trade with an NPC. This feature was available in XY as well

-Horizon-

Anyone know the earliest to get a Dawn Stone?
Caught a Jolly Ralts

It's a habit I can't rid of Azuran.

Boosts it's Special Attack since I only give them Special moves Horizon.

TI82

Banned
Got fire fang poochyena, and a "surskit"? Then I stopped. Fun game wish they had kept all the upgrades from xy though. Also: do I have to set up street pass for this game or is it automatic?

-Horizon-

Ooohh, didn't know that. Maybe I should start messing with natures too.

Got fire fang poochyena, and a "surskit"? Then I stopped. Fun game wish they had kept all the upgrades from xy though. Also: do I have to set up street pass for this game or is it automatic?
That Poochyena got different moves? I got a thunder fang one.

Azuran

Banned
There we go, just got Ralts to finally show up. Sadly, I'm not using her this time around since she was part of my team in X a few months ago.

Sorry girl :(

Caladrius

About to start with Alpha Sapphire. Just doing some unfinished Pokedex business in X/Y.

I'm going with Treecko, as that was my first Hoenn starter, who also has an advantage against Team Aqua and Kyogre.

Anyone know the earliest to get a Dawn Stone?
Caught a Jolly Ralts

It's a habit I can't rid of Azuran.

You can get one through the advanced Super Training courses. I don't remember which one.

You always have to set up streetpass manually. The manual should say how to do it if it isn't obvious in-game.

About to start with Alpha Sapphire. Just doing some unfinished Pokedex business in X/Y.

I'm going with Treecko, as that was my first Hoenn starter, who also has an advantage against Team Aqua and Kyogre.

You can get one through the advanced Super Training courses. I don't remember which one.
Thanks!
Those games are so tedious :l

My 3DS is dying and I haven't even gone through Petalburg Woods, damn you DexNav.

Top Bottom