• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Yrael

Thanks all for the congrats! :)

Oooh, I can actually run away from Latios and still have it be shiny in a subsequent encounter? Wow, that's going to make it much easier.

I have 709 Pokemon now, and I have one of each one still (so I have a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur and so on), which makes me loathe to trade away the ones I have :lol

I need

Mew
Jirachi
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

I'm never going to fill it up, am I?

If you just want mythicals for collection purposes, I'm about to do some legal but not legit generation for my collection from past gens. It'll probably be a few months though (I need to finish X, Y & AS before I start) but if you still want specific ones when I'm at that point I'll happilly send them to you (though I do ask that you don't use them competitively or trade them with anyone who doesn't know that they aren't legit).

I can get you mythicals, with the same conditions, of stuff that have been released in Japan, this gen, if you want to PM me to sort out what has been released and what you want.

Yeah, assuming you have Phione, I think you're all set.

Nice, thanks :lol! I didn't even know I'd finished it :p

If you just want mythicals for collection purposes, I'm about to do some legal but not legit generation for my collection from past gens. It'll probably be a few months though (I need to finish X, Y & AS before I start) but if you still want specific ones when I'm at that point I'll happilly send them to you (though I do ask that you don't use them competitively or trade them with anyone who doesn't know that they aren't legit).

That would be excellent, thanks man! Just want them to fill the Pokedex, nothing more.

Muku

I thought EVs, but they shouldn't have any at all. Like all events, I take them from person at Pokemon Center, throw them in PC, then Bank them. That's why I'm confused. :(

Edit: Will get to checking though when I get back to it. Helping some folks with their Shaymin now. But EVs shouldn't be a factor in it.

Redeeming Shaymin is my favorite thing ever. These things are so darn adorable and I love the sound they make. <3

Finally... I got the Eevee I wanted. I spent so long breeding that the first pair of parents went from Level 1 to Level 60+ just from the Day Care Centre.

Sadly, the game gave me an imperfect shiny with crap Speed, but at least it has its HA.

Oh wait, that wasn't the Eevee I wanted... it was the one in the next batch: a non-shiny flawless HP Fire female : D

Yes, I was more excited about the female than a shiny XD

Right, I won't be soft-resetting for a shiny Dialga, just takes waaaay too long. I'm gonna try and get one with some awesome IV's, though that might take me a while too.

The one I have now is 8,9/31/31/31/31/16,17. Damn. :(

Right, I won't be soft-resetting for a shiny Dialga, just takes waaaay too long. I'm gonna try and get one with some awesome IV's, though that might take me a while too.

The one I have now is 8,9/31/31/31/31/16,17. Damn. :(

Yeah the Legendaries and Mythicals are basically almost impossible to reset for since they generally need 5 or 6 perfect (or near perfect) IVs to work in the competitive environment. I have a 5 IV Rayquaza that I'd still seriously think about using competitively because it "only" has 26 in HP. The competitive environment is just too dominated by the really high IVs now. They either need to majorly overhaul the IV system or have some kind of pseudo-breeding process for legendaries (I'm amused by the idea of a mad scientist who will swap the IVs of two pokemon brought to him once a week or something).

I think the whole idea of legendary pokémon being so random is terrible to begin with. These are supposed to be legendary beasts that can shape earth, oceans, time and space. They're already banned in competitions. Just make their stats fixed so they're always awesome.

backlot

So, I have some questions regarding IVs. Maybe it's just these Minatomirai Pikachu? They're the only ones I'm having this issue with so far. I'm getting told by IV calculators, Serebii and others, that they're impossible stats to have on these Pikachu. (Serebii at least tells me what the range should be other than telling me impossible.)

The ?'s are where it states there is an impossible number in there. Shown below are the IV values. All are Modest.

&#9829;&#9829;&#12500;&#12459;&#9829;&#9829;
24, 29 / 20-29 / ? / 10-19 / 20-29 / 20-29

&#12521;&#12531;&#12489;&#12510;&#12540;&#12463;
10-19 / 1-9 / 20-28 / 23, 28 / ? / 10-19

&#12467;&#12473;&#12514;W
10-19 / 20-29 / ? / 20-29 / ? / 24, 29

&#12354;&#12363;&#12524;&#12531;&#12460;
10-19 / 10-19 / ? / 10-19 / ? / 0

&#12379;&#12435;&#12385;&#12423;&#12358;
20-29 / 0 / ? / 24, 29 / ? / 10-19

&#12497;&#12471;&#12501;&#12451;&#12467;
10-19 / 10-19 / ? / 10-19 / 30-31 / 10-19

Are there some events with slightly better stats than normal or is something else going on here?

It's interesting because on &#12497;&#12471;&#12501;&#12451;&#12467;, the IV checker tells me its' best stat is Defense.
Pikachu's base stats changed a bit in XY. You're probably checking it against the old values.

I can get you mythicals, with the same conditions, of stuff that have been released in Japan, this gen, if you want to PM me to sort out what has been released and what you want.

If you have any spare mythicals once you've finished your process, could you please keep me in mind?
I need everything Freewheelin' needs minus Jirachi (I'm at 710) and had given up on getting them at this stage :(
I too just want them to fill the collection and nothing more.

If you have any spare mythicals once you've finished your process, could you please keep me in mind?
I need everything Freewheelin' needs minus Jirachi (I'm at 710) and had given up on getting them at this stage :(
I too just want them to fill the collection and nothing more.

Yeah, of course. I'll likely have spare stuff from B/W/B2/W2 since thats really easy to do.

Dialga with 31/31/0/29/15/31. It's decent, but that 0. :(

Oh well, guess I'll continue SR'ing. At least I've noticed that a 31 Spe IV Dialga should be able to outspeed the Azelf I've got as lead, so if he can't I can just SR immediately.

entremet

I terms of mythicals:

Mew-None

Celebi--Missed the Pokebank giveaway since my games are in storage. By the time ORAS came out it was too late :(

Jirachi--I have like 20 of these from GC disc farming lol. Still in Emerald, though.

Deoxys-Not a mythical anymore it seems, but I have two. One from Gen V's US giveaway
and the ORAS one.

I have no Gen IV mythicals. I took a break from the series at that time. I played the games later, though.

I have all Gen V mythicals save for Victini. This was when I came back to the series.

And I recently got Diancie through the generosity of a Rimon-hanit on this board.

So my most wanted list is this:

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi--Need to do the ridiculous trading sequence from the my Emerald cart. I don't own a DSLite anymore, so I'm hoping for another giveaway since ORAS is out now.
Phione (Manaphy)
Darkai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini

I think the Gen IV ones will be given away in the US again too. It's been quite a while.

denx

Could I get mythicals too? I want them to complete my dex too, especially Jirachi, since having a missing slot between Rayquaza and Deoxys is driving me mad.

Another thing: could anyone temporarily trade me Groudon? I want it to complete the Hoenn dex, I'll give it back inmediately.

If anyone needs it, I can trade Kyogre, but I want it back soon after.

entremet

Could I get mythicals too? I want them to complete my dex too, especially Jirachi, since having a missing slot between Rayquaza and Deoxys is driving me mad.

Another thing: could anyone temporarily trade me Groudon? I want it to complete the Hoenn dex, I'll give it back inmediately.

If anyone needs it, I can trade Kyogre, but I want it back soon after.

I actually did a Kyogre/Groudon trade via GTS. Legendaries are always in demand. I simply put the Groudon back for another Kyogre and got another one back lol.

Obviously, if you soft reseted for a great IVs/Nature/Shiny, you can't do that. But if you just want to get you Dex full and don't battle competitively, you can do that.

People on GTS are always looking to trade mascot cover legends since you only get on per game.

I would help you, but I have Kyogre again lol.

denx

I actually did a Kyogre/Groudon trade via GTS. Legendaries are always in demand. I simply put the Groudon back for another Kyogre and got another one back lol.

Obviously, if you soft reseted for a great IVs/Nature/Shiny, you can't do that. But if you just want to get you Dex full and don't battle competitively, you can do that.

People on GTS are always looking to trade mascot cover legends since you only get on per game.

I would help you, but I have Kyogre again lol.

My Kyogre doesn't have amazing stats, I just like training pokeymen I capture. But you're right, I probably should just trade for Groudon in the GTS.

What I'd really like right now though is if someone could lend me a level 100 Pokemon so I can go after Zekrom.

entremet

My Kyogre doesn't have amazing stats, I just like training pokeymen I capture. But you're right, I probably should just trade for Groudon in the GTS.

What I'd really like right now though is if someone could lend me a level 100 Pokemon so I can go after Zekrom.

Zekrom isn't too bad. Just get a bulky Pokemon. Chip away at its health with not very effective moves. Spam ultra balls and then spam timer balls. And you'll catch it.

Zekrom isn't too bad. Just get a bulky Pokemon. Chip away at its health with not very effective moves. Spam ultra balls and then spam timer balls. And you'll catch it.

He needs a level 100 Pokemon to get the rift in the sky to appear. I don't have a spare atm unfortunately (my only level 100 is a Ditto who basically permanently lives at the Daycare for *reasons*)

Edit - To all: If you're looking for mythicals , just for collection, then yeah I'll happily do Gen V / VI legal mythicals for you. I'll do Gen IV stuff thats obtainable before post game as well. Probably not going to reset platinum and play through it a bunch of times for legal Shaymins though and the limit on transferring from Gen III to Gen IV means I probably won't do that either , but there's only 1 pokemon in that category anyway (Mew). But as I said it'll be a while before I'm setup for that. I need to finish up the current gen games and then work my way through Emerald / Platinum / etc.

L.O.R.D

Two weeks or so

is there any other way to extend it before that ?

=======

leveling up my DexNav to above 100 , will that help chaining shiny ?
what the max for the level in dexNav ?
edit : i found the max level is 999
OMG , I've been chaining for shiny ditto for soo long i didn't noticed
alot of time i push the circle pad fast and they run away , my chaining break easily

For the first time ever, I am just a few pokemon away from catching them all. I have 700+ pokemon ordered (manually since there's no easy auto sort button in the pokebox) by dex number in my box with just a few evos to go. Anyone willing to trade me sun and moon stones? I need to evolve a Petilil and a Munna.

Also, I wish Nintendo wasn't so stingy about the event pokemon. Other than Celebi (and Phione) I don't have any of them either. Also LOL at all of the people on the GTS trying to trade for legendaries. No, I will most assuredly not trade you my Darkrai for your Bidoof.

L.O.R.D

For the first time ever, I am just a few pokemon away from catching them all. I have 700+ pokemon ordered (manually since there's no easy auto sort button in the pokebox) by dex number in my box with just a few evos to go. Anyone willing to trade me sun and moon stones? I need to evolve a Petilil and a Munna.

Also, I wish Nintendo wasn't so stingy about the event pokemon. Other than Celebi (and Phione) I don't have any of them either. Also LOL at all of the people on the GTS trying to trade for legendaries. No, I will most assuredly not trade you my Darkrai for your Bidoof.

even if you want to trade Darkrai , you can't

Someone on the GTS traded me a Level 100 shiny Milotic with Pokerus for NO APPARENT REASON. Whoa.

Yup, I've received quite a couple of shinies that way, myself. Just roll with it. :D

I just captured a Dialga with 31/25/31/31/31/21. I know that speed isn't good enough, but I'm still so tempted to just take it. I think I will.

Disker

Well i caved, just bought a 3ds-xl for 100 bucks, and tomorrow Pokemon Alpha Sapphire will drop on my doorstep. So i just say hi for now and will ask for a trade if i want a trade evolution ( i play casually not very interested in stats etc ).

It is almost a ritual for me, just buy the system, play it for a while, sell the whole lot until e new version comes out :p

Edit: Damn i just saw that you cant get the original starters..... Hopefully somebody up here will trade me all three, i don't care if they suck, i will breed them myself anyway (my OCD wont allow Pokemon from other trainers in my team....)

Azuran

Banned

Sometimes they try to emotionally extort you into trading them event legendaries. A few days ago I saw someone asking for a Keldeo saying that he had cancer and needed one to survive. He almost got me, but he did make me question the meaning of life.

Anyways, I can help you with the moon stone. I have a few laying around in my bag that will get never used.

Sometimes they try to emotionally extort you into trading them event legendaries. A few days ago I saw someone asking for a Keldeo saying that he had cancer and needed one to survive. He almost got me, but he did make me question the meaning of life.

Keldeo, curing cancer and spreading Pokerus since Gen 5

entremet

He needs a level 100 Pokemon to get the rift in the sky to appear. I don't have a spare atm unfortunately (my only level 100 is a Ditto who basically permanently lives at the Daycare for *reasons*)

Edit - To all: If you're looking for mythicals , just for collection, then yeah I'll happily do Gen V / VI legal mythicals for you. I'll do Gen IV stuff thats obtainable before post game as well. Probably not going to reset platinum and play through it a bunch of times for legal Shaymins though and the limit on transferring from Gen III to Gen IV means I probably won't do that either , but there's only 1 pokemon in that category anyway (Mew). But as I said it'll be a while before I'm setup for that. I need to finish up the current gen games and then work my way through Emerald / Platinum / etc.

Ah. I forget about that.

I power leveled with Bilissey bases, so I didn't notice.

Muku

Pikachu's base stats changed a bit in XY. You're probably checking it against the old values.

The thing is though I'm using variations of the calculator that state XY, so I'm assuming it's for all of this gen. But thank you. Good to know it changed a bit in XY, as I hadn't realized they had.

Anyways, I can help you with the moon stone. I have a few laying around in my bag that will get never used.

That would be great, what do you want in return?

denx

Just FYI guys, right after I posted here I decided to trade my Kyogre for a Groudon in the GTS. What I got was a level 100 Groudon, captured in the original R/S/E games and with perfect IV's across the board. Someone was insanely generous, or someone hacked.

Muku

So have done the drawing and Hegarol has won the Shiny Rayquaza! :) Going to be sending you a PM shortly regarding it. Thank you to everyone who entered!

Edit: Okay, just took one of the Pikachu that had an impossible in its' IVs. Looked at it didn't seem to have any blip of EVs. Saved game, gave it a training bag anyway to test. Saw no numbers pop up to say it was removing anything.

Mmm, I find it a bit disturbing that McDonald's has an ad at the bottom of the page reiterating they have delievery service. No thanks McDonald's.

Muku

That moment you get a Timid Shaymin that looks promising (hell getting a Timid to show at all is a feat in of itself)... and while putting the stats in the IV calc you look at that SpAtk and go "Oh god please don't be that bad.."

27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 27 - 31

"......crap."

Yrael

514 encounters later...shiny eon ticket Latios! Yaaaay. :)

B4bDZVV.png

Mo9aV4a.png

Just checked its stats...

Nature: Timid
HP: 27-29
Attack: 17-19
Defence: 31
Special Attack: 20-23
Special Defence: 31
Speed: 31

Next up - Giratina! (Hopefully)

Also, congrats Hegarol!

That moment you get a Timid Shaymin that looks promising (hell getting a Timid to show at all is a feat in of itself)... and while putting the stats in the IV calc you look at that SpAtk and go "Oh god please don't be that bad.."

27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 27 - 31

"......crap."

D: Damn.

514 encounters later...shiny eon ticket Latios! Yaaaay. :)

B4bDZVV.png

Mo9aV4a.png

Just checked its stats...

Nature: Timid
HP: 27-29
Attack: 17-19
Defence: 31
Special Attack: 20-23
Special Defence: 31
Speed: 31

Next up - Giratina! (Hopefully)

Also, congrats Hegarol!

D: Damn.

Congratulations on the Latios, I really love mine.

Gorillaz

did my first 4 battle spot matches...lost
all of them

got damn forgot you have to be in a different "mode" for competitive metagame, I just finally had time to beat it so I figured "what the hell"

"it will be fun" they said
"Kangaskhan is a threat" they said
"just go head first they' they said

Shiny Giratina looks ballin', I'm hoping I'll get lucky and find one here. Not gonna actively SR for it, though, if I find a Giratina with great stats, that one's more important.

Once I got these ORAS legendaries locked down I'm heading back into X to capture myself another legendary bird and Mewtwo. Afterwards I'll probably finish up my living dex.

Giratina is annoying, though. Immune to Hold Back and False Swipe. Vadernoo.gif

I finally catch one, and I get 31 in everything but Atk and SpA. Harsh, harsh mistress.

31/31/29/25/17/31. Yeah, I'll take it.

Top Bottom