• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

That moment you get a Timid Shaymin that looks promising (hell getting a Timid to show at all is a feat in of itself)... and while putting the stats in the IV calc you look at that SpAtk and go "Oh god please don't be that bad.."

27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 27 - 31

"......crap."

Oh man. Anything but Speed or Sp Atk for that 0-6 would make that spread awesome.

Muku

Holy shit, why do these Timid hate me today?

27 - 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 0 - 6 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31

I was thinking "Ooh attack is low that is great... holy shit not that SpAtk again.. GOD DAMNIT!"

I was all ready to party because it's only third Timid of day, then it just shits all over me even more than the previous one.

Syntsui

Holy shit, why do these Timid hate me today?

27 - 31 / 0 - 6 / 31 / 0 - 6 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31

I was thinking "Ooh attack is low that is great... holy shit not that SpAtk again.. GOD DAMNIT!"

I was all ready to party because it's only third Timid of day, then it just shits all over me even more than the previous one.
Where are you SRing for a Shaymin? Is there an event right now?

Whooa, I can redeem my own Shaymin now : D

Dunno if it's legal though, as I edited my save file so it's region is Japan.

But, now I can enjoy rolling low Sp. Attack Shaymins, so whatever XD

Mythical... so rare you can't find them outside of events (except for ORAS Deoxys) and so rare you don't need them in your Pokedex for completion purposes.

entremet

Kanto living dex is done, Johto and Hoenn next. Took a break to play some Titanfall, riding in circles gets old after a while.

No idea how you have the patience lol. I usually get burned out from filling up the Regional Dex, which I usually do for each title.

Pokemon X/Y was insane for that as well. Close to 500 to register. :/

No idea how you have the patience lol. I usually get burned out from filling up the Regional Dex, which I usually do for each title.

Pokemon X/Y was insane for that as well. Close to 500 to register. :/

I already have the full National Dex, just wanted to make sure I could keep getting it easily when any new titles come around. As long as the Pokébank keeps working, that is.

Let's just say I've had a bit more time to play videogames the last couple of months.

Gorillaz

Went straight to the delta episode after beating the E4.

I really liked Delta, it's cool that they added that "end game" like story. I honestly hope that they begin doing small little stuff like this going forward if they are going to get into the DLC side of things. Is there any word of them adding another short story or battle stuff after the resort? The possibilities are endless.

JoeM86

Got a load of new team ideas I'm going to breed and test :)
Went straight to the delta episode after beating the E4.

I really liked Delta, it's cool that they added that "end game" like story. I honestly hope that they begin doing small little stuff like this going forward if they are going to get into the DLC side of things. Is there any word of them adding another short story or battle stuff after the resort? The possibilities are endless.

They are fundamentally against paid DLC so best not get your hopes up

Gorillaz

Got a load of new team ideas I'm going to breed and test :)

They are fundamentally against paid DLC so best not get your hopes up

so this was pretty much it huh, damn

well I guess I'll pick up X/Y havn't got that yet, I do like how you can get legendaries through the games on these different islands. Adds a little bit more

Muku

Whooa, I can redeem my own Shaymin now : D

Dunno if it's legal though, as I edited my save file so it's region is Japan.

But, now I can enjoy rolling low Sp. Attack Shaymins, so whatever XD

Actually, have you tried redeeming anything since the save file is labeled as Japan? Could try the code ones or something if no Shaymin on hand. I'm just curious about it.

Wow, the hate these Timid Shaymin are showing today is pretty amazing as well. All these Adamant/Modest Shaymin are also driving me insane.

Muku

So, it is Groundhog day. I wonder if that's how my character feels when I'm soft resetting for a shiny.

Oh snap, totally forgot it was Groundhog day.

Thank you every one to the Pikachu responses. Got some clarified help from someone. Even though IV calculator I'm using says for X/Y, I guess Pikachu has two, and the default one it goes to isn't the XY. -_-; Which it should if the calculator is for XY, but anyway. Looks like that might have been it. :)

Edit: Got around just to IV checking my JPN Emboar from the serial code event.. talk about a horrible spread. Sassy (didn't care about nature), with IV's of 16 - 17 / 1 / 6 - 7 / 6 - 7 / 24 / 18 - 19

Actually, have you tried redeeming anything since the save file is labeled as Japan? Could try the code ones or something if no Shaymin on hand. I'm just curious about it.

Wow, the hate these Timid Shaymin are showing today is pretty amazing as well. All these Adamant/Modest Shaymin are also driving me insane.

Yup, I redeemed the scrap trio, although I'll probably be spending forever SRing for them now XD

I'm tempted to redeem Samurott too, but I think I'll wait till the English one comes out. Although I guess I could try seeing if I can redeem Serperior and Emboar again...

Also, my save file's region reverts to Europe each time I save my game, so it's a bit of a hassle having to edit the save, but I guess it's nice you don't have to do anything special to return to your original region.

EDIT: Here's a video I made of me redeeming Keldeo : o

Muku

Yup, I redeemed the scrap trio, although I'll probably be spending forever SRing for them now XD

I'm tempted to redeem Samurott too, but I think I'll wait till the English one comes out. Although I guess I could try seeing if I can redeem Serperior and Emboar again...

Also, my save file's region reverts to Europe each time I save my game, so it's a bit of a hassle having to edit the save, but I guess it's nice you don't have to do anything special to return to your original region.

Haha I hear ya. Good luck. Took forever today but got one that wasn't so damn horrible. Oi, Timid Shaymin are fiesty with their IVs.

Ahhh, interesting. I was wondering how that worked. Makes sense. It's good if you want to partake in online stuff on the JPN side. Fortunately we have enough nice folks here to try to accomodate on some things. Though could see it being nice if you have serial codes for things, being able to redeem them yourself.

How do they come out? I assume in English, as if you were playing the Japanese game in English. Just allows you to nab them.

This is so freaking awesome, I would love to redeem my own set , going to check this out.

Haha I hear ya. Good luck. Took forever today but got one that wasn't so damn horrible. Oi, Timid Shaymin are fiesty with their IVs.

Ahhh, interesting. I was wondering how that worked. Makes sense. It's good if you want to partake in online stuff on the JPN side. Fortunately we have enough nice folks here to try to accomodate on some things. Though could see it being nice if you have serial codes for things, being able to redeem them yourself.

How do they come out? I assume in English, as if you were playing the Japanese game in English. Just allows you to nab them.
Haha, there are indeed some (very) nice folks here who can help ^^

That said, I've always wanted to try redeeming Japanese serial code events myself; mainly for the convenience and so I don't have to keep bothering people.

Plus I really want to SR for a flawless Shaymin and I wouldn't want to bother anybody but myself for that XD

Yeah, they just come out in English since I'm playing in English. I haven't checked for sure, but if you save before picking up a Japanese event, its region reverts back to your region.

AFAIK, you can't see a Pokemon's region without checking the code, but I'm a bit worried if this renders the Pokemon illegal--or worse, prevents them from being traded online.

(I would check, but I need to settle first.)

This is so freaking awesome, I would love to redeem my own set , going to check this out.

Since the pokemon trading subreddit hasn't confirmed whether this exploit is allowed, I haven't gotten around to writing any instructions or warnings, but I should warn you...

1. If you can, do the exploit on a game you don't care about, like an extra copy of ORAS.

2. If you don't have a spare game, bank every valuable Pokemon.

3. If you don't have Bank, er... be extra careful. Don't get mixed up with save in and save out. Don't insert an outdated save, etc.

4. After re-inserting your save with RAM2SAV, nothing is saved until you save the game (or the game does). So if something looks wrong, feel free to reset/close your game.

5. I do not know if Pokemon obtained this way can be traded online. I personally don't care, as I won't be trading them, but just in case you are.

Muku

Haha, there are indeed some (very) nice folks here who can help ^^

That said, I've always wanted to try redeeming Japanese serial code events myself; mainly for the convenience and so I don't have to keep bothering people.

Plus I really want to SR for a flawless Shaymin and I wouldn't want to bother anybody but myself for that XD

Yeah, they just come out in English since I'm playing in English. I haven't checked for sure, but if you save before picking up a Japanese event, its region reverts back to your region.

AFAIK, you can't see a Pokemon's region without checking the code, but I'm a bit worried if this renders the Pokemon illegal--or worse, prevents them from being traded online.

(I would check, but I need to settle first.)

Yeah, I'd be curious about that. But I imagine they would be treated as if they were traded from a JPN game to an ENG copy of the game. But guess we won't know if there are any potential issues. Curious to find out about it.

And all those instructions... exactly why I declined, LOL. Glad you got it running though and can confirm.

Man, I'm playing through X again... just me that thinks Kalos has so much more personality than Hoenn?
Nah, it's not just you. ORAS is a remake of a 10 year old game, although they did try with the Battle Resort, Mauville City and Sea Mauville.
Yeah, I'd be curious about that. But I imagine they would be treated as if they were traded from a JPN game to an ENG copy of the game. But guess we won't know if there are any potential issues. Curious to find out about it.

And all those instructions... exactly why I declined, LOL. Glad you got it running though and can confirm.

I'm gonna test now, actually...

Hehehe, I don't blame you. I'm a curious fellow myself, with a bit of technical knowledge, so I don't mind trying it. Of course, all my valuable stuff is in bank and if I screw up my save... well, I can SR for another Latios and Reshiram : P

Since the pokemon trading subreddit hasn't confirmed whether this exploit is allowed, I haven't gotten around to writing any instructions or warnings, but I should warn you...

1. If you can, do the exploit on a game you don't care about, like an extra copy of ORAS.

2. If you don't have a spare game, bank every valuable Pokemon.

3. If you don't have Bank, er... be extra careful. Don't get mixed up with save in and save out. Don't insert an outdated save, etc.

4. After re-inserting your save with RAM2SAV, nothing is saved until you save the game (or the game does). So if something looks wrong, feel free to reset/close your game.

5. I do not know if Pokemon obtained this way can be traded online. I personally don't care, as I won't be trading them, but just in case you are.

Yeah I always bank my good stuff, I normally don't trade anything I redeemed myself anyway, I do really hope I don't corrupt my save though since doing the dex thing again would be extremely annoying,

Yeah I always bank my good stuff, I normally don't trade anything I redeemed myself anyway, I do really hope I don't corrupt my save though since doing the dex thing again would be extremely annoying,

Hope I don't jinx it, but if your save gets corrupted, you can hack in the Pokedex entries XD

Oh right I can \o/

Thanks for the info Knight going to try it soon.

Cool.

Also, I checked and AFAIK (unless my timing really sucked), no matter what you do, the Pokemon you pick up will have your original region. So it is possible to distinguish Pokemon gotten this way, but you'd need a way to check the code.

However, good news: the English region Shaymin I created and then subsequently deleted could be traded online.

entremet

I think so too. GF really blew it when it came to giving more life to the region in these remakes.

I think the fact that they're made from the ground up with new concepts helps with mainline entries.

I've been playing XY to get my national dex and there's just so much charm. The Paris influence, the cafes, the art direction, the varied buildings--Parfum Palace, Pokemon League, which looks like a museum, the various flowers patches, and the music, which is underrated, the locales--coastal city, gloomy city, mega city, etc.

XY only really struggles with the lack of post game.

Ugh, I didn't like Kalos at all. I would play Black/White over that any day of the week, if it wasn't outdated already.

On topic: crap, what is the easiest place to get a HA Amoonguss/Foongus?

Anustart

What the fuck with this third elite 4 member. Hey, I got a pokemon that knows a move that makes it invulnerable for 4-5 moves and also confuses everyone thrown against it! Oh and there's two of them, one after the other. A move that makes it invulnerable for 5 turns, and he can confuse you, and there's two back to back. Took about 20 revives and all my potions to get past those. Died at league champ. And I'm guessing you can't naturally wake up from sleep? Ole Mudkip slept for 20 rounds straight.

Edit: Back to the fight, this shit is fucked. You can attack once, MAYBE twice every 5 turns, but you'll be confused so you get a 10% shot at attacking every 5 turns, woo. Bout to break this 3ds in half.

I do like Kalos, but that's because it's an evolution in the game design, while ORAS is a remake of the old grid-based system. I also miss the roller skates and custom outfits. However, I do love Hoenn for its tropical climate.

So, it is Groundhog day. I wonder if that's how my character feels when I'm soft resetting for a shiny.

I can imagine how you feel after resetting 200 times and still haven't gotten a shiny.
giphy.gif

Azuran

Banned
Man, looking back at my battle record and I have improved so much since I started playing Doubles a few months ago. I'm actually learning how to read and predict what my opponents will do. Still have ways to go, but it's just satisfying seeing the progress:

YAHW-WWWW-WWX8-8T7W

A player like that would have probably wiped the floor with me a few months ago so it feels so good being able to get some wins from 1600+ players now!

entremet

For me XY shits on ORAS, I prefer it in every way.

What about the move tutors, new moves, Blissey bases, and two Day Care centers ORAS?

I prefer ORAS for the battling and breeding aspect. They really did a great job with the Battle Resort and Day Care being in the same place.

Please, GF, make this the norm!

Along with the a bike path for hatching.

Muku

Cool.

Also, I checked and AFAIK (unless my timing really sucked), no matter what you do, the Pokemon you pick up will have your original region. So it is possible to distinguish Pokemon gotten this way, but you'd need a way to check the code.

However, good news: the English region Shaymin I created and then subsequently deleted could be traded online.

But what do you mean. You mean not so much region as in language, yes? I'm not sure how that would make it unobtainable. It'd be like playing the JPN game in English.

KidDork

Going back to finish up Y this weekend.Really noticing how wonderful the music is in it this time around, as well as all the little things we didn't get in ORAS. Do we get the fist pump after defeating someone in battle in ORAS? I think that should be standard from now on--some little victory flourish that perhaps we can choose, or have a random generator pick one so you're always wondering what will happen.

I can dream, right?

Special thanks to McNum for helping me complete my National Pokedex by giving me his Weavile.
10953973_954366501242527_8081503972507604661_n.jpg

If you have my Secret Base, you can see my certificate on my back wall. Not sure if I have to update the QR code or not.
10926407_941321009213743_1854096491779556857_n.jpg

Anustart

So what's the word on sleep status? Online says it lasts 1-3 turns but I burned through about 20 potions (turns) and I never woke up.

But in other news, just beat elite 4 and champ, so I guess the intro is over.

Muku

So what's the word on sleep status? Online says it lasts 1-3 turns but I burned through about 20 potions (turns) and I never woke up.

I think you have to try to do something, right? Thing is I had this problem too, except I didn't seem to get rid of it until I actually did actions.

Azuran

Banned

I should always last 1-3 turns no matter what. Are you sure you weren't hit by something that caused sleep? I also think you're supposed to attack to have a chance of waking up.

Edit: beaten

Top Bottom