• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

entremet

Picked up sapphire. What should I know or do? Only played X.

Most of the new stuff will be explained in game. Just enjoy the ride.

You missed the Shiny Beldum (Metagross) event unfortunately. The current events allow you to download the Unova Starters with their hidden ability.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/three-stars-of-unova/

You can ask around if some people have extra shiny Beldums. People are pretty generous here.

Does anybody remember the site that some posters used to link here, where they would put their Pokemons/Teams that were assembled? Couldn't find it myself, the layout was like a list, with small pictures of the pokemons, the items and the stats (IVs).

Teknoman

After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that XY has better music than ORAS.

I want another game in Kalos!

Imo B/W has had the best music out of the newer releases. X/Y did have some cool tracks though.

I seriously need to get back on Ruby...been attached to Persona Q too long.

The Battle of Hoenn Tyrunt distirib isn't until Feb 17th ? Really ? Can I unlock my battle box now or am I stuck without my main in game team for almost 3 weeks ?

UK Nationals on May 30th/31st in Manchester!

Whoa, I honestly didn't think they'd go back.

Hehe, time to start planning the event farming... It has to be Pachirisu, right?

Oh yeah, I assume you'll be visiting again this year? We need a rematch... (and maybe meet in person this time XD)

JoeM86

Whoa, I honestly didn't think they'd go back.

Hehe, time to start planning the event farming... It has to be Pachirisu, right?

Oh yeah, I assume you'll be visiting again this year? We need a rematch... (and maybe meet in person this time XD)

I'd be very surprised if it's not Pachirisu

And yeah I'm planning on going again :) Unless a spin-off game materialises for the end of May

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Most annoyed at the delay of the HA Tyrunt distribution.

-------------------------

Only time I do trades now is the free giveaways. Since hacking and powersaves is prominent when ever you try and trade for something it's always gonna be "Does it have this ability, is it the best nature, 6IV, Shiny, Fully EV trained, Kalos/Hoenn Born, etc."

And trading event Pokemon? Oh those have to be UT(Untouched).

Yeah kinda annoying. Which is why I learned to not bother much unless what you want is utterly bizarre.

Most annoyed at the delay of the HA Tyrunt distribution.

-------------------------

Only time I do trades now is the free giveaways. Since hacking and powersaves is prominent when ever you try and trade for something it's always gonna be "Does it have this ability, is it the best nature, 6IV, Shiny, Fully EV trained, Kalos/Hoenn Born, etc."

And trading event Pokemon? Oh those have to be UT(Untouched).

Yeah kinda annoying. Which is why I learned to not bother much unless what you want is utterly bizarre.

I did a lot of trading to complete my HA collection, Gamefaqs and Serebii (especially) were both really good.

I will be giving away 5 Shaymin's codes to the first 5 users to quote this post.

No real limitations to the giveaway but if you recently participated in a giveaway it would be nice to give someone else a go.

Now the codes can only be redeemed on a Japanese system but the awesome Poke GAF member Muku as agreed to help on that front.

Shaymin?! I could use one of them if I could get a code.

I'd love one

I'd like one if there's still one available. I'll need it redeemed though.

One of the few mons i'm missing. Would be awesome if you still have one for me.

I'd love to get one, it is one (of many) event pokemon I don't have.

PM'ed

EDIT:And that's it for today :)

I will be giving away 5 Shaymin's codes to the first 5 users to quote this post.

No real limitations to the giveaway but if you recently participated in a giveaway it would be nice to give someone else a go.

Now the codes can only be redeemed on a Japanese system but the awesome Poke GAF member Muku as agreed to help on that front.

Shaymin?! I could use one of them if I could get a code.

fek

I'd love one.
Edit: Thank you!
A friend has a JP 3DS and accepted to redeem it for me.

PM'ed

I'd like one if there's still one available. I'll need it redeemed though.

Hegarol

One more available? :)

Hans Holo

Banned

PM'ed

One of the few mons i'm missing. Would be awesome if you still have one for me.

3514DA31-2963-4C1D-BCDE-1BF004CFC76E_zpsfuowqe3f.jpg
I love shiny pokemon that barely look any different but just enough to say yes I am shiny.

I love shiny pokemon that barely look any different but just enough to say yes I am shiny.

At least the evolutions look nice. I tried to breed for Gothitelle once and the first evolution is so similar that it made me rage hard, the eyes are the only big difference. If they swapped the black with the white then it would look cool.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Goodness people are dense. Tried three times to find someone random to help me evolve my Haunter, and they all canceled the trades because they wanted legendaries.

Anyone able to help me out? Just need to evolve Haunter.

FC: 1521-3366-4580

At least the evolutions look nice. I tried to breed for Gothitelle once and the first evolution is so similar that it made me rage hard, the eyes are the only big difference. If they swapped the black with the white then it would look cool.
Oh yeah, wow. They do have the same colors as Gengar and Garchomp though.

And here's the stats:
Tynamo - #602 (Quiet) : 31 / 31 / 22 - 23 / 31 / 31 / 31

Almost the same stats as my Zorua just flip the defense and special defense.

Oh yeah, wow. They do have the same colors as Gengar and Garchomp though.

And here's the stats:
Tynamo - #602 (Quiet) : 31 / 31 / 22 - 23 / 31 / 31 / 31

Almost the same stats as my Zorua just flip the defense and special defense.

Yeah, the final evo is fine, but the first one is a PITA to check.

On the stats: noice, have fun using that guy, I plan on getting one someday.

Hmm. According to Pokemon-GL I have encountered a wild shiny in the past. I have no idea what pokemon that was, must have been one of the ones that is almost identical to its non-shiny form (the only shinies I have atm are two I picked up incidentally in HA trades).

Hegarol

Hmm. According to Pokemon-GL I have encountered a wild shiny in the past. I have no idea what pokemon that was, must have been one of the ones that is almost identical to its non-shiny form (the only shinies I have atm are two I picked up incidentally in HA trades).
Check your pokedex and see which ones are listed with their shiny form.

Tanwo

PM'ed

I'd love to get one, it is one (of many) event pokemon I don't have.

English version of the Battle of Hoenn results message is up on PGL now. 17th Feb confirmed for everybody. You have to wonder the kind of thought process behind that.

entremet

Goodness people are dense. Tried three times to find someone random to help me evolve my Haunter, and they all canceled the trades because they wanted legendaries.

Anyone able to help me out? Just need to evolve Haunter.

FC: 1521-3366-4580

Sure. PM me when you're ready. My FC is on my profile.

Muku

Congrats to Shaymin winners! If you got one and haven't contacted me yet, and need it redeemed, will gladly do it for ya. Just drop me a note.

As a quick reminder there's only 13 1/2 hours left for chance at the Shiny Rayquaza I'm offering. It's legit, you can get your own personalized message with WC if you'd like. WHF15 as OT, got it on January 25, 2015 (second day of it being in Tokyo). Just send me a PM with title Shiny Rayquaza and why you'd like it and I'll toss your name into the hat.

Edit: Should note I farmed this Rayquaza with others at the World Hobby Fair myself.

Edit 2: finally getting around to cataloging my event Pokemon that I have. Starting to get to be a bit so figure it'll be easier to keep track of what I have already. But while doing it, I've really come to want color markings for the 6 symbols we have. I like marking max IVs they have but I'd also like a red or something fill to mark IVs with 0 in them. I can't be only one that wants to mark 0s too. Haha

JoeM86

English version of the Battle of Hoenn results message is up on PGL now. 17th Feb confirmed for everybody. You have to wonder the kind of thought process behind that.

In hindsight, they always give the competition gifts a couple of weeks after rankings. They just have been doing it on the day of rankings lately when it was the 1000 PokéMiles

Yrael

Whee, I got a shiny Zekrom (I can't remember how many times I soft-resetted - I think it took perhaps 3 hours, although it wasn't continuous).

RkpGarA.png

Adamant nature and outstanding potential (with max IVs in Attack, Special Attack and Speed).

I'm going for shiny eon ticket Latios next.

JoeM86

Whee, I got a shiny Zekrom (I can't remember how many times I soft-resetted - I think it took perhaps 3 hours, although it wasn't continuous).

RkpGarA.png

Adamant nature and outstanding potential (with max IVs in Attack, Special Attack and Speed).

Congrats :)

ffdgh

RkpGarA.png

Shiny latios will be a piece of cake since you can run away and refight it. Good luck and congratz!

RkpGarA.png

Congratulations on the shiny!

I might try soft-resetting for a shiny Dialga and/or Giratina.

Assuming I don't get a sudden attack of "what am I doing with my life", that is.

Muku

So, I have some questions regarding IVs. Maybe it's just these Minatomirai Pikachu? They're the only ones I'm having this issue with so far. I'm getting told by IV calculators, Serebii and others, that they're impossible stats to have on these Pikachu. (Serebii at least tells me what the range should be other than telling me impossible.)

The ?'s are where it states there is an impossible number in there. Shown below are the IV values. All are Modest.

♥♥ピカ♥♥
24, 29 / 20-29 / ? / 10-19 / 20-29 / 20-29

ランドマーク
10-19 / 1-9 / 20-28 / 23, 28 / ? / 10-19

コスモW
10-19 / 20-29 / ? / 20-29 / ? / 24, 29

あかレンガ
10-19 / 10-19 / ? / 10-19 / ? / 0

せんちょう
20-29 / 0 / ? / 24, 29 / ? / 10-19

パシフィコ
10-19 / 10-19 / ? / 10-19 / 30-31 / 10-19

Are there some events with slightly better stats than normal or is something else going on here?

It's interesting because on パシフィコ, the IV checker tells me its' best stat is Defense.

I have 709 Pokemon now, and I have one of each one still (so I have a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur and so on), which makes me loathe to trade away the ones I have :lol

I need

Mew
Jirachi
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

I'm never going to fill it up, am I?