• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
What nature should I try to get Suicine? Seems to be one of the more common pokes in battles.

Bold is the most popular since it increases its bulk even more and allows it to survive common strong physical attacks more easily. Calm is also an option if you want a specially defensive Suicune.

backlot

Bold is the most popular since it increases its bulk even more and allows it to survive common strong physical attacks more easily. Calm is also an option if you want a specially defensive Suicune.

Modest can also work if you want to go for offense. I'd really recommend Bold though. Suicune is probably the best doubles Tailwind setter in the game right now.

lupinko

What are good substitutes for my Pokescrap Victinis?

Pokescrap Victini only gets V-create, it doesn't have the Unova Dragons' moves (Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, Glaciate, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare).

For the fire moves I'm looking at Overheat and Heat Wave as optional replacements, but it's not that bad due to STAB and the fact this Victini retains STAB V-create.

For ice its slim pickings with a weakened HP Ice, also trying to SR for that is kinda annoying since IVs and Nature is already a lot of work.

For Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike, Victini has Thunderpunch and Wild Charge for physical and Thunderbolt and Thunder for special.

I have 5 to work with, so I'm looking at Adamant, Jolly, Naive, and Brave. Although I will probably won't end up using two.

The Life Orb SpA Smogon Build is doable on Naive.

I was thinking about trying a trick room Brave build and if Thunder is a usable replacement for Bolt Strike. 70% without rain is shitty, Bolt Strike isn't better at 85% though. I don't know if Wild Charge or Thunderpunch as non-stab physical moves are good enough options on any physical Victini.

So definitely Naive, undecided on the other two for me to play with. Victini does have STAB Psychic, Psyshock and Zen Headbutt as well.

Right now it looks like:

Adamant / Collection
Jolly / Collection
Naive / Use
Adamant-Jolly-Brave-Naughty / Use
Adamant-Jolly-Brave-Naughty / Use

Kinda lame that Victini's best moves, V-create included, are all event moves.

Suggestions?

Edit: yeah there are special based Victinis, but I have V-create so I may as well use it.

denx

Does anybody have a spare Ditto with Lax nature they could trade me? I've been trying in the GTS but no luck so far.

Muku

So, I've got a Meowth born in Kalos. It says "From: a Link Trade" What does that mean exactly? Isn't that only used for trading with NPCs? Or is that attached if you trade someone an egg that has not yet hatched?

Edit: Also, the Premier Ribbon is only on event Pokemon, correct?

So, I've got a Meowth born in Kalos. It says "From: a Link Trade" What does that mean exactly? Isn't that only used for trading with NPCs? Or is that attached if you trade someone an egg that has not yet hatched?

Edit: Also, the Premier Ribbon is only on event Pokemon, correct?
It's the latter: when you trade an egg. You usually see it when hatching shinies via TSV matching.

Yeah, Premier should only be on event Pokemon

Oh yeah, the new PGL attraction is the only way to get the Custap Berry
Ooh, nice.

Kinda weird how the mine cart game didn't give berries with all the berries in the actual game....

EDIT

Whoa, a mini-game that actually needs some skill.

First round of Nugget Bridge Majors is up. Anyone else playing in it?

I of course got paired up with the 2013 world champion. Seniors world champ, but still. Sheesh.

Muku

It's the latter: when you trade an egg. You usually see it when hatching shinies via TSV matching.

Yeah, Premier should only be on event Pokemon

Okay, so while the idea it could be TSV matching works, at the same time guess this Meowth was hacked in because it has a Premier Ribbon. Why the hell would you do so stupid of a thing? And how do you manage that? Hack the egg in then hatch it? Bit clueless about the hacking game when it comes to that. Never been my thing.

ffdgh

Okay, so while the idea it could be TSV matching works, at the same time guess this Meowth was hacked in because it has a Premier Ribbon. Why the hell would you do so stupid of a thing? And how do you manage that? Hack the egg in then hatch it? Bit clueless about the hacking game when it comes to that. Never been my thing.

Honestly? A simple flip of a switch essentially lol.

entremet

Modest can also work if you want to go for offense. I'd really recommend Bold though. Suicune is probably the best doubles Tailwind setter in the game right now.

Thanks. Gotta find a Bold synchronizer. I don't think I have one.

Azuran

Banned

I of course got paired up with the 2013 world champion. Seniors world champ, but still. Sheesh.

lol, good luck!

I think I'm in it as well but need to check. Either way, I joined just because I seem to have developed an addiction for VGC as of late. Damn you Cybertron and your awesome videos!

Firestorm

Ooh Hayden is from my area sort of. He sometimes comes up to our events.

I'm up against Baz Anderson first round... Winner of last season's Nugget Bridge Invitational and 9th at Worlds in 2013. At least I'll get practice?

Ooh Hayden is from my area sort of. He sometimes comes up to our events.

I'm up against Baz Anderson first round... Winner of last season's Nugget Bridge Invitational and 9th at Worlds in 2013. At least I'll get practice?
Dang, getting paired up with those guys round 1 in such a large pool is... Ouch! Good luck guys!

I didn't sign up because I was unable to complete a tourney with only like 20 entrants so I don't think I would have been able to go all the way through with a much larger tourney. Makes it easier to focus on school and this Fossil Fighters: Frontier project I'm working on, too (Getting info from a Japanese version of the game so that when the English version comes out we just gotta change the terms to the English equals and then we're done. I now have new respect for Joe and other people who cover games).

Azuran

Banned
Dark Void Choice Scarf Smeargle is the bane of my existence. I swear I'm going to start running Thundurus just to deal with that shit.

If I only didn't have OR as my main game :/

Azuran

Banned
Lum Berry Terrakion with Double Kick takes care of all smeargle and bisharp :3Yes.

That is quite true and been planning on running one for a bit, but Thundurus would fit my team a lot better. I can easily swap Gengar with him while retaining Taunt and speed control along with some way to deal with Grass and Water types that wall me to hell and back.

If I only knew he was going to be exclusive when I started playing my game. It's Zapdos all over again (damn you Froakie for being the best!)

Of course, there's always trading but people ask for ridiculous stuff for a good Thundurus. It's probably easier just to play throught AS and reset for one myself.

I just wanna say I've started hatching eggs for a shiny Snorlax for reasons. Even with hatch power 3 it takes so long to go through 5 xP

Delio

I know this is a long shot. But does anyone have a Scyther with Defog? I have a 4 IV Sableye I can hand over for it ( doesnt have a good Sp.A Iv tho)

Firestorm

That is quite true and been planning on running one for a bit, but Thundurus would fit my team a lot better. I can easily swap Gengar with him while retaining Taunt and speed control along with some way to deal with Grass and Water types that wall me to hell and back.

If I only knew he was going to be exclusive when I started playing my game. It's Zapdos all over again (damn you Froakie for being the best!)

Of course, there's always trading but people ask for ridiculous stuff for a good Thundurus. It's probably easier just to play throught AS and reset for one myself.
Yeah Taunt Thundurus is also a great way to stop random bullshit.

Your first will always be your favorite lol. Congratz!

Ugh, great. Now Quagsire has to be my favorite. Crap.

Here's a method to make it awesome: Nickname it "Ditto"

I would love to have a shiny Ditto. It's my favorite pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I'm dumb. I just realized there are multiple Pokemon community threads, and I've just been randomly posting throughout them. I always just went to whichever one was one the first page when I had a question. haha.

JoeM86

Got a load of ultra gimmicky plans I concocted and am going to test them on stream tonight.

Most are going to crash and burn for sure

Tanwo

I've beaten the Elite Four for the first time.
Man, that
Mega Metagross
almost screwed my run. Flygon's earthquake saved it!
The credits were a nice take on the original RS ones.
Although it looks like I beat almost every gym with Sceptile lol

Now, sidequest time and finishing the dex!

Top Bottom