• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

entremet

After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that XY has better music than ORAS.

I want another game in Kalos!

I've been going back to it complete my National Dex and I would agree. I think it ages well.

They did go bonkers with the amount of 'mons and the triple regional dex seems overkill, but they wanted new gamers to be able to catch everything in Gen VI without resorting to older out of print titles.

Azuran

Banned
I've been going back to it complete my National Dex and I would agree. I think it ages well.

They did go bonkers with the amount of 'mons and the triple regional dex seems overkill, but they wanted new gamers to be able to catch everything in Gen VI without resorting to older out of print titles.

That's the reason why I loved XY. I pretty much skipped all of Gen IV and barely played V, so seeing all those new Pokemon was awesome for me. I didn't even remember awesome mons like Spiritomb and Cofagrigus existed until I played XY.

Just for you a one way ticket to Kalos for XY2!

GameFreak pls...

... don't nerf Lumiose City.

My living Pokedex is standing at 711, and while I know that the event Pokemon don't count towards the shiny charm, I REALLY want a complete dex. So the hunt for them continues.

To any kind Gaffers: I'm looking for basically all the event legendaries, minus Celebi and Jirachi, as I've already tracked them down.
I don't mind if they're cloned or whatever. This is just to finish the National Dex and have a usable living dex for transfer purposes.

Im looking forward to reading their reasons for removing soar and the dexnav.

Soar will be gone, and that's an easy one, just say something about Lati@s and Hoenn, end of story.

Dexnav, on the other hand, I want to see the explanation.

"They don't have the 'PokeNav Plus' gizmos in YX2, the technology hasn't been imported to Kalos yet."

entremet

Soar will be gone, and that's an easy one, just say something about Lati@s and Hoenn, end of story.

Dexnav, on the other hand, I want to see the explanation.

"They don't have the 'PokeNav Plus' gizmos in YX2, the technology hasn't been imported to Kalos yet."

Regardless if they remove DexNav it seems GF wants a way to catch 3 perfect IV pokemon--Friend Safari in XY and getting Hidden Ability Pokemon--Hordes and Friend Safari.

DexNav seems to be way to do both in ORAS.

As long as they have a way to get those, it should be fine. Just please no damn shitty Flash games for getting Hidden Ability pokemon again.

Regardless if they remove DexNav it seems GF wants a way to catch 3 perfect IV pokemon--Friend Safari in XY and getting Hidden Ability Pokemon--Hordes and Friend Safari.

DexNav seems to be way to do both in ORAS.

As long as they have a way to get those, it should be fine. Just please no damn shitty Flash games for getting Hidden Ability pokemon again.

Anything but flash games or browser crap.

Blissey Bases in Secret Meadow and Shore!

I think he was talking about the DexNav level.

Yeah. I love it.

My only complaint is grinding to level 100. Make the max level 50, GF!

I've pretty much always found Hidden Abilities, rare items and 3 IV starts by the mid 40s at the latest. Unless you really want 3 IV , Hidden Ability pokemon for some reason (I don't view it as worth it since you still have to Chain breed anyway) there's not a lot of point in going over 50.

Edit - I suppose there is chaining for shinies which does keep getting easier. I keep forgetting that since I don't care about shinies.

JoeM86

Been working on my VGC gimmick teams lately. Even streamed some team testing last night. Went rather well, more wins than losses, but still have some things to improve.

Firestorm

If anyone is interested in tournament play, the Nugget Bridge Major is open for entry. 728 players registered so far. Largest online Pokemon tournament in history to my knowledge! $800 prize pool. Guaranteed a good number of rounds and the teams you might have made or been working on for the GAF tournament are legal.

But you can breed Spiritomb and with a foreign ditto as the other partner your chances of getting a shiny are something like four (with Shiny Charm 2x vs 8x normal chance) -six times (without 1x vs 6x normal chance) as good as SRing , so SRing seems weird.

L.O.R.D

But you can breed Spiritomb and with a foreign ditto as the other partner your chances of getting a shiny are something like four (with Shiny Charm 2x vs 8x normal chance) -six times (without 1x vs 6x normal chance) as good as SRing , so SRing seems weird.

i really don't know why he is SRing this pokemon
he is trying to catch every legendary shiny
even non legendary

JoeM86

B8dNiqEIIAAw2-o.png

POKEMON500. Live in Europe

Oh Joe, I've figured out what it was that I've seen in double, its special tutor moves like Draco Meteor, you can see it oh Haxorus's page for one.

I ilked Emboar in Pokemon Black.

I used Samurott in White 2.

You get Samurott next week. But Samurott really isn't a pokemon who can make good use of Shell Armor (its HA) since its fragile to start with and it doesn't get any Def / Sp Def boosting moves or even any moves to lower the opponents Attack / Sp. Atk, which means that its Critical Hit immunity doesn't do much. It could potentially protect from a Sniper setup on opposing pokemon but that's reallly situational.

entremet

You get Samurott next week. But Samurott really isn't a pokemon who can make good use of Shell Armor (its HA) since its fragile to start with and it doesn't get any Def / Sp Def boosting moves or even any moves to lower the opponents Attack / Sp. Atk, which means that its Critical Hit immunity doesn't do much. It could potentially protect from a Sniper setup on opposing pokemon but that's reallly situational.

Yeah, the Unova starters are pretty weak competitively, even Contrary Serperior is a bit of a let down.

Gen IV has some killers, though.

Muku

Just going to toss up here as a reminder. :)

Shiny Rayquaza Giveaway

Also, I have gone through my inventory of Rayquaza and I figure I should give away a Shiny Rayquaza here. WHF15 OT, January 25 (2015) as its' date. I can provide the winner with a WC picture with personalized note in picture as proof, so no worries if you're one of those folks who likes to have it. :)

I thought about doing something kind of crazy like Aveyn did for the Shaymin giveaway, but I'm just going to go easy. Just send me a PM with the title Shiny Rayquaza, maybe a quick note on why you'd like it, and will add your name to the hat. :) Going to let this go until end of Jan. 31 Japan time.

Yeah, the Unova starters are pretty weak competitively, even Contrary Serperior is a bit of a let down.

Gen IV has some killers, though.

Yeah. Contrary Serperior could theoretically get redeemed with a better special move pool in the future, access to Flamethrower or Earth Power would make an enormous difference, but I don't see it getting Flamethrower unless it gets Grass/Dragon Mega (which they gave to sceptile for some bizarre reason). Emboars speed serves it really poorly. Samurott just seems generally confused about its purpose.

WarAdept

Gen 5 had the most shittastic starters ever. Only starters that I ever stuffed in the box and never took out.

At least Contrary Serperior is useable.

Now give me Sheer Force Feraligatr to make Gen 2 starters not terrible.

If anyone is interested in tournament play, the Nugget Bridge Major is open for entry. 728 players registered so far. Largest online Pokemon tournament in history to my knowledge! $800 prize pool. Guaranteed a good number of rounds and the teams you might have made or been working on for the GAF tournament are legal.

1st place: $300 + 120 NP ($300)
2nd place: $150 + 110 NP ($150)
3rd/4th place: $75 + 100 NP ($150)
5th-8th place: $25 + 70 NP ($100)
9th-16th place: 50 NP
17th-32nd place: 30 NP
33rd-64th place: 20 NP

(total-$700)

???

entremet

Gen 5 had the most shittastic starters ever. Only starters that I ever stuffed in the box and never took out.

Was HA Feraligatr ever released?

JoeM86

People really didn't like them

Ah memories :p

Was HA Feraligatr ever released?

Nope. From memory, currently the only unavailable HAs in Gen VI (including ones transferred from Gen V as available) are:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium
Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion
Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr
Raikou, Entei, Suicune
Regirock, Regice, Registeel
Amaura, Aurorus

Muku

LOL oh man Joe, that had me laughing. The hate for Pokemon stuff is very real. I'm sure you get lots of hate when you show new stuff. Then more hate when it turns out to be real.

JoeM86

LOL oh man Joe, that had me laughing. The hate for Pokemon stuff is very real. I'm sure you get lots of hate when you show new stuff. Then more hate when it turns out to be real.

Yeah, that was a fun and frustrating time. Unova starter evos leaked. I checked and they were legit so I posted as such, and the internet exploded with everyone, including other webmasters, saying I was clearly wrong.

That's where the Serebii Confirmed meme came from, originally intended maliciously but now not so much

Syntsui

Gen II starters are still worse than Gen V. Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr have no redeeming quality whatsoever, they are useless beyond comprehension. A Mega evolution can save them, but only if they boost their useless stats a lot and give an at least average ability.

Yeah, I don't really like the Unova starters, they're all pretty lame. Heck, pretty much all of the Unova Pokémon are terrible. I really didn't enjoy playing through Pokémon White, the only 'Mon on my team I truly liked were Galvantula and Krookodile.

L.O.R.D

soo , the pokeGen for 3DS game is for everyone to use
and there is no limit for one person to do, unlike powersave that limits the edit you do , just like cyber gadget
but this will work on digital and retail cartridges without any tool

hmmmm
ba1ac635f56481324e2e705ae9d17dbede06b26f2c2dd2f39c8edb9593c95089.jpg

JoeM86

and there is no limit for one person to do, unlike powersave that limits the edit you do , just like cyber gadget

hmmmm

Until it's patched out.

Gen II starters are still worse than Gen V. Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr have no redeeming quality whatsoever, they are useless beyond comprehension. A Mega evolution can save them, but only if they boost their useless stats a lot and give an at least average ability.

Sheer Force is a really good ability , the Nidos are statwise physical attackers but because their special pool is full of moves with secondary effects they are usually used as special attackers. Feralgatr is both a physical attacker and has a reasonable physical pool with secondary effects. It's also got a decent special pool with secondary effects.

JoeM86

Which can never be soon enough. Tired of all these devices and stuff.

I miss the times before Bank. Not a hack around. Battling was fun, people were trading. Those were good times.

Bank then made it so people could transfer hacks over and play against people and on Free Battle, then Power Saves came.

Syntsui

hmmmm

A simple patch/system update can fix this, relax.

Sheer Force is a really good ability , the Nidos are statwise physical attackers but because their special pool is full of moves with secondary effects they are usually used as special attackers. Feralgatr is both a physical attacker and has a reasonable physical pool with secondary effects. It's also got a decent special pool with secondary effects.

He has shit stats (barely decent Atk) and is outclassed by dozens of other Pokémons though even at UU. It's a shame since he was my favorite from Gen II, but there is no justification to put one in a competitive team other than sentimentalism =(.

I can definetly see being good if GF doesn't fuck up his future Mega.

Top Bottom