• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

Joe pls, you can't flinch with Sheer Force.

I tuned in and that's the first thing I see :p

I'm sleep deprived. I forgot Sheer Force was the Mega Ability :p

Edit: All done now. Shame those gimmicks at the start didn't work.
Fur Coat Mega Altaria has such potential, but the set-up just isn't worth it and is too situational.
Mega Camerupt & Gourgeist combo has potential though.

lupinko

Ugh, great. Now Quagsire has to be my favorite. Crap.

I would love to have a shiny Ditto. It's my favorite pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I'm dumb. I just realized there are multiple Pokemon community threads, and I've just been randomly posting throughout them. I always just went to whichever one was one the first page when I had a question. haha.

I have a shiny 6iv legal Ditto factory up and running for modest nature at the moment. I can bring one up to gen 6 from gen 3 if you want.

Lay man's terms, hey I'll give you a free shiny ditto, no strings attached.

Well I'm not going to turn that down. Thanks so much! I've never really done much trading online before, so I'll have to learn how. You're dealing with a pretty big noob here. Usually, once I beat the Elite Four, I just move on to the next game, so there's a lot of Pokemon stuff I still need to learn.

Muku

Well I'm not going to turn that down. Thanks so much! I've never really done much trading online before, so I'll have to learn how. You're dealing with a pretty big noob here. Usually, once I beat the Elite Four, I just move on to the next game, so there's a lot of Pokemon stuff I still need to learn.

It's all good. You're in good hands here. :)

So, question then. You can trade eggs, right? So, if someone trades me an egg and I hatch it, will the game treat it as if I was the original trainer? So I could nickname it and such?

Muku

So, question then. You can trade eggs, right? So, if someone trades me an egg and I hatch it, will the game treat it as if I was the original trainer? So I could nickname it and such?

From what I recall you are the OT. So you should be able to name it and all.

lupinko

I make Nintendo themed award certificates for my middle school students, anyway I finished these today.

UoDv5Tul.jpg

Muku

Well they are Japanese, so yes? :D

I've done ALBW Zelda and Link, DKCTF, Luigi/Daisy, Mario villains/fairies, XY, Kirby and Animal Crossing so far.

Haha, well, just figure with Yokai Watch being so big they might be more into that.

That's awesome. Which one(s) have they liked the most thus far?

Ahhhh Pokémon whyyy

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/9ac897fa-9650-481d-b3ae-657971b5a606

First tournament I've wanted to play in and it's on Regionals weekend :(
I like how the description and rules contradicts themselves with " Each team will be able to have up to two special Pokémon, such as Legendary or Mythical Pokémon." followed by "Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 719, with the exception of the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and Diancie." Not even Deoxys is spared (now that it is obtainable in-game I'd have hoped) so which Mythical Pokemon is missing from the banlist? I mean why else would you say you can use Mythical Pokemon in the opening statement if you're going to ban all of them.

Or has the person writing that not understood the difference between legendary and mythical (that is mythical can't be obtained through in-game alone).

Rafavert

I make Nintendo themed award certificates for my middle school students, anyway I finished these today.

UoDv5Tul.jpg

I'd very much like one of them dittos...! I bred high IV Pokémon for all breeding groups, but the genderless are such a drag...

And those are so neat D: nice work.

JoeM86

I like how the description and rules contradicts themselves with " Each team will be able to have up to two special Pokémon, such as Legendary or Mythical Pokémon." followed by "Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 719, with the exception of the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and Diancie." Not even Deoxys is spared (now that it is obtainable in-game I'd have hoped) so which Mythical Pokemon is missing from the banlist? I mean why else would you say you can use Mythical Pokemon in the opening statement if you're going to ban all of them.

Or has the person writing that not understood the difference between legendary and mythical (that is mythical can't be obtained through in-game alone).
The English PGL often has mistakes akin to this.

They had the wrong battle type for a few competitions listed, too

JoeM86

Oh my god YES!! JOHTO STARTERS WITH THEIR HA!

To clarify for people:
It has been announced that the Johto Starters are to be distributed this year with their Hidden Abilities. From February 27th 2015 to November 30th 2015, if you access Pokémon Bank, you will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. These are distributed through the Pokémon Link feature nto Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire with a limit of 1 of each per Pokémon Bank

backlot

Seems like they're really trying to fill the gaps in unreleased Hidden Abilities. I just hope they don't start releasing HA legends in some way that won't allow us to Synchronize them.

Syntsui

If Feraligatr inevitable Mega maintains Sheer Force it will have Uber potential. His normal form still sucks, sorry but there are a lot of better options for any team.

So, does anyone know anything about what the meta-game is for the online tournament? I would assume the usage of otherwise banned Legendaries would change things up rather considerably.

JoeM86

wtf International Challenge on the last weekend of February and it doesn't award CP and is too late to use for practice =/

That's a bit weird.

Could be used for practice for other people than just the US Regional players though. With Nationals coming up globally in the next few months, it's good for players to get an early start on testing in the current metagame.

Rafavert

I know this sounds ridiculous but can a Shadow Tag Destiny Bond user be a counter for Mega Ray? I understand that basically means losing one slot on the team on most cases, but...

For that combo, your best option would be Mega Gengar, though it might not be fail proof, since MRayquaza could just DD and outspeed you unless you taunt it. If it doesn't have DD, then MGengar should be able to do it fairly safely. Be wary that Gengar is unlikely to outspeed MRayquaza before mega evolving.

lupinko

Haha, well, just figure with Yokai Watch being so big they might be more into that.

That's awesome. Which one(s) have they liked the most thus far?

I noticed Yokai Watch is more popular for elementary school kids. But one lunch I showed one of my elementary classes my shinies from gen 3-4, and 6, and they went bananas. I talk to the students about whatever their interest is to motivate English study and usage.

They like the XY one, but not all of them have the certs. Even if they don't care they appreciate the art, and it's something to show their parents that they're doing something well in school probably. Lol

I'd very much like one of them dittos...! I bred high IV Pokémon for all breeding groups, but the genderless are such a drag...

And those are so neat D: nice work.

Thanks, and yeah I can hook you up. If you want one asap it'll be modest. The other natures aren't ready yet.

To clarify for people:

Finally the Johto starters, too bad I can't breed them onto Gen 3 balls. :/

I want Zapdos with its gen 5 HA. Screw game balance.

I want that AND XD Baton Pass Zapdos, which reminds me I should start my XD run to try and Rng those birds and Psycho Boost Lugia.

That looks really nice

Thanks!

Anyway I was at the PC and saw a sign that iirc says that Shoko Nakagawa is coming to my PC on the 18th? Outside of the Diancie movie I haven't watched the anime in Japanese or for that matter in English, since pre-Johto journeys. I guess this is important? She had an event Keldeo right?

For that combo, your best option would be Mega Gengar, though it might not be fail proof, since MRayquaza could just DD and outspeed you unless you taunt it. If it doesn't have DD, then MGengar should be able to do it fairly safely. Be wary that Gengar is unlikely to outspeed MRayquaza before mega evolving.

Thanks! Yeah, not fail proof... I'll try to think about something else here.

Wasting a slot, but Sashed Wobbuffet with Destiny Bond?

Top Bottom