• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ffdgh

Holy crap balls. I never really paid attention to Mega Rayquaza, but just checked it out. Wow.

Are there any counters? Sheesh.

No probably not aside from a destiny bond lead maybe. Being able to megaevolve without a stone, able to hold a item, and delta stream makes it almost too good lol.

I'm already taking my hairs out to get a good shiny Beldum (from Steven, the event), I imagine how long I'll take to get a good shiny Rayquaza. FFS, GF.

Rafavert

Thanks, and yeah I can hook you up. If you want one asap it'll be modest. The other natures aren't ready yet.

Any nature is fine :3 today is rather late for me, so tomorrow or over the course of the weekend?

Thanks! Yeah, not fail proof... I'll try to think about something else here.

Wasting a slot, but Sashed Wobbuffet with Destiny Bond?

Same as before: it would work assuming the Rayquaza doesn't have DD. If it does, Wobbuffet turns into set up fodder. Do bear in mind you need the sash to be intact

Plus, if you use a sash, you might as well use counter and get rid of him right off the bat =p

Same as before: it would work assuming the Rayquaza doesn't have DD. If it does, Wobbuffet turns into set up fodder. Do bear in mind you need the sash to be intact

Plus, if you use a sash, you might as well use counter and get rid of him right off the bat =p

All right, thanks. I only understood the DD thing now, sorry.

lupinko

I'm already taking my hairs out to get a good shiny Beldum (from Steven, the event), I imagine how long I'll take to get a good shiny Rayquaza. FFS, GF.

In Gens 3-4? Not that hard, in gen 3 I nailed it down. :D

I have like 7 at the moment from gen 3 alone. :D

Rafavert

All right, thanks. I only understood the DD thing now, sorry.

Ow, should had made it clearer =p

If the pokémon has a non-damaging move, it can play around Destiny Bond until you run out of PP. I said DD cuz it's the most likely non-damaging move a Rayquaza will carry (I think). On top of that, with 1 DD MRayquaza can outrun MGengar.

Come to think of it, Klefki should be able to put a stop of Rayquaza. It has priority Thunder-wave, is immune to Dragon and resists Extreme Speed. It should be able to paralyze him without much difficulty.

In Gens 3-4? Not that hard, in gen 3 I nailed it down. :D

I have like 7 at the moment from gen 3 alone. :D

But the Kalos pentagon, though... That's the problem.

Ow, should had made it clearer =p

If the pokémon has a non-damaging move, it can play around Destiny Bond until you run out of PP. I said DD cuz it's the most likely non-damaging move a Rayquaza will carry (I think). On top of that, with 1 DD MRayquaza can outrun MGengar.

Come to think of it, Klefki should be able to put a stop of Rayquaza. It has priority Thunder-wave, is immune to Dragon and resists Extreme Speed. It should be able to paralyze him without much difficulty.

Don't worry, I was a bit dumb there. And thanks for the Klefki advice, that thing already is a PITA, should be fun using him against MegaRay.

Firestorm

That's a bit weird.

Could be used for practice for other people than just the US Regional players though. With Nationals coming up globally in the next few months, it's good for players to get an early start on testing in the current metagame.
Yeah but EU Regionals is in two days and we'll definitely have one or two before Nationals. I'm assuming it's just a test because I know they wanted to run more this year. The metagame will change by Nationals.

Would have been nice to get some games in with the correct time limit before Regionals though.

Syntsui

Swag Play Klefik beats M-Rayquaza that only has Extreme Speed + Dragon Move. You should have one in your team as it beats pretty much anything not named Chansey or any wall with low ATK.

I don't know shit about the double meta so I don't know how effective it is though.

Anustart

What's this promotion I heard about with claiming some pokemon from the website?

Also, anyone have a spare hawlucha and or chespin?

Dunno if it's possible for chespin, but I wouldn't be upset if they were in luxury balls. And female.

Muku

What's this promotion I heard about with claiming some pokemon from the website?

Which website would you be referring to?

Edit: lupinko: Ah, what are the kids you teach? But yeah, you're right about Yokai being elementry. I just somehow figured you taught younger kids. :eek:

Swag Play Klefik beats M-Rayquaza that only has Extreme Speed + Dragon Move. You should have one in your team as it beats pretty much anything not named Chansey or any wall with low ATK.

I don't know shit about the double meta so I don't know how effective it is though.
MRay is always going to have Dragon Ascent, and it's always going to have Fire Blast (or some variant) and/or Earthquake because otherwise it gets walled by steel types like Klefki.

Anustart

Edit: lupinko: Ah, what are the kids you teach? But yeah, you're right about Yokai being elementry. I just somehow figured you taught younger kids. :eek:

Wait, it wasn't pokemon, but something to get berries, one of which was exclusive.

Muku

Wait, it wasn't pokemon, but something to get berries, one of which was exclusive.

Ahhh that would be the online game thing. Is it PGL? Not sure. I haven't really bothered with the website stuff since X/Y stuff was so horribly boring there.

lupinko

But the Kalos pentagon, though... That's the problem.

Resetting in front of delivery girl from a World Hobby Fair WC isn't hard, just patience. Oh right thank you source! :D

Grades 1-9, special needs kids included.

It is so much easier nowadays to fill my party with dragons.
When I played on the GB/Advance, getting dragons was considerably more taxing. Now I can do what my younger self strived for so much easier.

Resetting in front of delivery girl from a World Hobby Fair WC isn't hard, just patience. Oh right thank you source! :D

In Japan do you get so many Streetpasses and Pokebases that your 3DS burns?
I noticed for online passerbys, GTS, and Wondertrade I am seeing a lot of Japanese people. Kinda annoying at times when I get a Pokemon with a name in Japanese and can't do anything about it tbh.
Also, is your avatar a girl doing Resident Evil cosplay?

Muku

Haha.. fortunately you have the right hook ups. ;)

Oh that's so awesome. That's a wide range, too.

I noticed for online passerbys, GTS, and Wondertrade I am seeing a lot of Japanese people. Kinda annoying at times when I get a Pokemon with a name in Japanese and can't do anything about it tbh.

Yes, it is awesome. Especially at an event. At the TGS's I'd have to check every moment I got a chance to clear it out and start again. I miss when you could stack up to 20 at a time. I remember when I was at E3 was when you could stack to 20 at a time, that was wonderful.

WHF15 was fabulous as well. So many folks crowding around to get Rayquaza... please gimme all dem streetpasses.... yiiiiisssss. I had all three of my 3DS's with me too, so folks could nab 1 of 2 variations of me. (My JPN and original 3DS use same Mii, but at least they get a different streetpass for it.) Heck, even the events at past at PC were nice. Like for Happy Hour Inkay... when I went to pick up my Charizard LL.. and the one event I missed out on. Can't remember which but was limited last year. Was like meh screw you guys too. But I loved all those streetpasses. Going to miss getting them come end of this month.

JoeM86

Yeah but EU Regionals is in two days and we'll definitely have one or two before Nationals. I'm assuming it's just a test because I know they wanted to run more this year. The metagame will change by Nationals.

Would have been nice to get some games in with the correct time limit before Regionals though.

This feels more like an extra thing though.

Last year, we only had two International Challenges. One in May, the other in June. Now, we likely will have more, starting with this one to test things out.

Regionals are irrelevant to this.

lupinko

Also, is your avatar a girl doing Resident Evil cosplay?

Yes, especially if you go to a Pokemon Center.

I concur with what Muku said too. Let me put it this way, my Canadian 3ds took from North American launch all those years ago to now (iirc 1000 roughly), and that is between Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Sendai.

My Japanese 3ds is only a year old and it's like at 750 or 800.

Prior to moving to Japan last year I was fortunate enough to go to at least three or four big conventions in said places on the other side of the pacific.

And maaaaaaaybe.

KiraFA37

Hey guys joined the Omega Ruby train last week and I'm having a blast so far. Currently at 6 badges and getting side tracked with breeding pokemon again. But I accidentally released a pokemon holding my everstone you find in Granite cave. Anybody knows where I can get a spare one from?

Hans Holo

Banned
Hey guys joined the Omega Ruby train last week and I'm having a blast so far. Currently at 6 badges and getting side tracked with breeding pokemon again. But I accidentally released a pokemon holding my everstone you find in Granite cave. Anybody knows where I can get a spare one from?

Yeah wild geodudes and gravelers may hold ever stones. And later if you farm secret bases you will get more than you would want. I have like 47 or so from farming secret bases :D

So giving out HA Gen 2 Starters via Pokebank from Feb 27th. That means we're down to just Amaura in terms of breedable HAs missing. If they keep going at this rate it'll be out by March.

Muku

So giving out HA Gen 2 Starters via Pokebank from Feb 27th. That means we're down to just Amaura in terms of breedable HAs missing. If they keep going at this rate it'll be out by March.

That would be awesome. Seems like they're wanting to fill the void lately... I can't complain!

Well, all the Shaymin from contest have been taken care of. The remainder of them joined their owners this evening! Guess I should get to starting to SR my extra Shaymin now... Going to have quite a few. Gotta get started now I guess before end date draws near.

JoeM86

Seeing as we have no entry gift for the International Challenge - February (it's usually 1000 PokéMiles), it wouldn't surprise me if that's the gift

Edit: Never mind. Japan gets 2000 PokéMiles

Firestorm

This feels more like an extra thing though.

Last year, we only had two International Challenges. One in May, the other in June. Now, we likely will have more, starting with this one to test things out.

Regionals are irrelevant to this.
Nah they're not irrelevant. They're coordinated by the same person who plans out the real life circuit after all and all count towards the same goal (the IC, not the GS Cup one). Last season they wanted to do more than just May and June but had troubles. The season before we had four (at least... might have been five).

They're supposed to go hand in hand. I can understand wanting to run a test and not having had a chance to do so before this month given how much work has gone into this season of the Championship Series. We've received what I thought would be 3 years of changes all in one year.

What is the best thing to use your Master Ball on? In the ORAS remakes particularly.
Aside from Magikarp/Zubat of course.

Yes, especially if you go to a Pokemon Center.

I concur with what Muku said too. Let me put it this way, my Canadian 3ds took from North American launch all those years ago to now (iirc 1000 roughly), and that is between Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Sendai.

My Japanese 3ds is only a year old and it's like at 750 or 800.

Prior to moving to Japan last year I was fortunate enough to go to at least three or four big conventions in said places on the other side of the pacific.

And maaaaaaaybe.

Hm, wow.
And ha, knew it.

The music while fighting the legendary dogs is a complete nostalgia trip.

Motherfucking Entei stretching that '50% chance to get desired nature with Synchronize' to its absolute breaking point. I've cought 6 and only one has been Adamant so far.

Muku

Anyone have one of those 6IV Ditto's? Also, caught my first shiny every. A shiny lil Sandshrew :3

Awww, congrats! You'll always remember your first one. :) I never came across a shiny until this generation. Hatched my first ever. (Baby Fennekin) First wild one was a bit disappointing but I'll remember it. (Flabebe)

Anustart

Awww, congrats! You'll always remember your first one. :) I never came across a shiny until this generation. Hatched my first ever. (Baby Fennekin) First wild one was a bit disappointing but I'll remember it. (Flabebe)

Ah Flabebe! The pokemon me and my daughter love to hate :3 (Just because we ran into so many of them in X and Y, our first pokemon game together.

Muku

Ah Flabebe! The pokemon me and my daughter love to hate :3 (Just because we ran into so many of them in X and Y, our first pokemon game together.

Haha. Yeah, I felt like the game was hating on me by showing me that one shiny first. Always thought it was kind of a weak one. (Was difficult to tell it was shiny too since sound was off and I didn't see the encounter start.) Ah well, it's keeping my shinies in my shiny dex company, haha.

A Sandshrew as your first is a good one. I've always had a soft spot for that little guy.

jaybeeze

Hey all, I have a quick question. Not really about Pokemon, just the 3DS in general. But Pokemon is what I'm playing.

My friend let me borrow his DS. But he bought the DS off craigslist. Obviously that guy had made a Nintendo ID and attached it to the 3DS.

Now I need to update Pokemon (AS) in order to go online and battle and all that good stuff. But we don't have access to the password for the Nintendo account, therefore no update.

We can't wipe the DS and start over because the Nintendo Account has Fire Emblem attached to the account and that's why he bought the 3DS.

Is there anyway to attach the 3DS to a new ID without losing Fire Emblem? I've read about formatting the system memory abut it's all very unclear to me. Obviously I don't want to do anything without knowing for sure Fire Emblem will be safe.

Muku

Hey all, I have a quick question. Not really about Pokemon, just the 3DS in general. But Pokemon is what I'm playing.

My friend let me borrow his DS. But he bought the DS off craigslist. Obviously that guy had made a Nintendo ID and attached it to the 3DS.

Now I need to update Pokemon (AS) in order to go online and battle and all that good stuff. But we don't have access to the password for the Nintendo account, therefore no update.

We can't wipe the DS and start over because the Nintendo Account has Fire Emblem attached to the account and that's why he bought the 3DS.

Is there anyway to attach the 3DS to a new ID without losing Fire Emblem? I've read about formatting the system memory abut it's all very unclear to me. Obviously I don't want to do anything without knowing for sure Fire Emblem will be safe.

As far as I know, only one Nintendo account can be attached to a system at once. Once you remove the old account, you'll lose access to everything attached to it. This is why it's not such a hot idea to buy a console based on downloaded items. I imagine it makes it easier to sell the console but for the buyer it causes complications.

Though, if you have an account attached, does it automatically make you enter a password when trying to get it? I ask because I have no account attached to my secondary 3DS, so there is no hassle. I can just scan the Pokemon ORAS QR code to get the download and download it. I have it auto sign me in on my main, and honestly don't pay enough attention to whether it logs me in when I scan the QR codes to update. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So the wifi on my 3DSXL is dead. If Nintendo can’t salvage my saves by replacing the wifi so I can system transfer, I’m going to lose a shit ton of pokemon, unless someone knows a hacky way to back up/restore save data for digital 3DS pokemon releases. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the wifi on my 3DSXL is dead. If Nintendo can’t salvage my saves by replacing the wifi so I can system transfer, I’m going to lose a shit ton of pokemon, unless someone knows a hacky way to back up/restore save data for digital 3DS pokemon releases. :(

Damn, just before the new 3DS hits too. That really sucks, I hope they can do ok for you.

Wait, why would you loose the pokemon? The saves are on the carts, not the system and the Pokemon Bank store everything on their servers, not your 3DS.

entremet

Damn, just before the new 3DS hits too. That really sucks, I hope they can do ok for you.

Wait, why would you loose the pokemon? The saves are on the carts, not the system and the Pokemon Bank store everything on their servers, not your 3DS.

Unless he went digital, but there is a save back up utility.

Top Bottom