• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Well, how does a digital save work? Would he be able to put the SD card into the computer, and save it there? Would that copy have all of his Pokemon? I tend to go physical, but I'm really weird about going digital. I only go that route if it's only available that route. But to be fair I don't feel safe with physical either. (Never have had an issue with any of my games over the years.. but I'm paranoid. Bit less so with Pokebank now.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, how does a digital save work? Would he be able to put the SD card into the computer, and save it there? Would that copy have all of his Pokemon? I tend to go physical, but I'm really weird about going digital. I only go that route if it's only available that route. But to be fair I don't feel safe with physical either. (Never have had an issue with any of my games over the years.. but I'm paranoid. Bit less so with Pokebank now.)

I believe the files are encrypted - the encryption and decryption

keys are transferred over as part of the system transfer - while nintendo can transfer your game licenses over the phone, the only way to make the sd card data usabble is via the system transfer.

Edit: And of course I have to pay nintendo $150 for this - Sending the system in for repairs, they'll either try to repair it or send me a refurbished system - there's no guarantee I won't lose my save data since I don't know until I pay them and send them everything if they can repair the system or have to replace it.

All I need to do is to be able to perform a system transfer. That's all I need my 3DSXL for, since the New 3DSXL is coming out next week. But I can't do a system transfer if the wifi doesn't work. There's no other way to keep both my saves AND game licenses.

Muku

I believe the files are encrypted - the encryption and decryption

keys are transferred over as part of the system transfer - while nintendo can transfer your game licenses over the phone, the only way to make the sd card data usabble is via the system transfer.

Edit: And of course I have to pay nintendo $150 for this - Sending the system in for repairs, they'll either try to repair it or send me a refurbished system - there's no guarantee I won't lose my save data since I don't know until I pay them and send them everything if they can repair the system or have to replace it.

All I need to do is to be able to perform a system transfer. That's all I need my 3DSXL for, since the New 3DSXL is coming out next week. But I can't do a system transfer if the wifi doesn't work. There's no other way to keep both my saves AND game licenses.

They can't do a complete transfer from old system to new system? Especially since you're paying them money.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
They can't do a complete transfer from old system to new system? Especially since you're paying them money.

I don't think they can answer that before it's out of my hands/communication with them.

I mean, I assume they have sme kind of motherboard connectors that allow them to do the transfer directly, but for all I know they'll see if they can just replace the wifi card, and if not, they'll discard the old system and send me a new one, save data gone. :/

I sort of wish I could just send them my current 3DSXL along with my SD card and a microSD card and pay them $250 to do a system transfer to a New Nintendo 3DSXL (part of the $250), and ship me th enew 3DSXL and SD/microSD cards. You know?

Gorillaz

What is it with the battle institute? Literally every 3rd match i get caught with a bullshit "missed" attack or get critical hit out of nowhere. Like it's ALWAYS the 3rd match

Muku

I don't think they can answer that before it's out of my hands/communication with them.

I mean, I assume they have sme kind of motherboard connectors that allow them to do the transfer directly, but for all I know they'll see if they can just replace the wifi card, and if not, they'll discard the old system and send me a new one, save data gone. :/

I sort of wish I could just send them my current 3DSXL along with my SD card and a microSD card and pay them $250 to do a system transfer to a New Nintendo 3DSXL (part of the $250), and ship me th enew 3DSXL and SD/microSD cards. You know?

I hear ya. Good luck. Never know how Nintendo is going to respond. :(

Well, 36 Scrap code cards... Guess it's time to go redeem them..

lupinko

Any suggestions on the special exclusive move for these prize mons? Exclusive moves can be provided from Gen 3 or Gen 5 move tutors.

Regirock - ???
Regice - ???
Rayquaza - ???
Deoxys - ???
Kyogre - ???
Groudon - ???
Mew - ???
Registeel - Seismic Toss
Latias - Defog
Latios - Defog
Jirachi - Body Slam
Celebi - ???
Ho-Oh - ??? (Default Navel Rock move is Swift)
Lugia - ??? (Default Navel Rock move is Swift)

With the exception of Jirachi and Celebi, the GAF mon are all shiny.

Any suggestions on the special exclusive move for these prize mons? Exclusive moves can be provided from Gen 3 or Gen 5 move tutors.

Regirock - ???
Regice - ???
Rayquaza - ???
Deoxys - ???
Kyogre - ???
Groudon - ???
Mew - ???
Registeel - Seismic Toss
Latias - Defog
Latios - Defog
Jirachi - Body Slam
Celebi - ???
Ho-Oh - ??? (Default Navel Rock move is Swift)
Lugia - ??? (Default Navel Rock move is Swift)

With the exception of Jirachi and Celebi, the GAF mon are all shiny.

For Mew:
Wow for something with so much versatility Mew's transfer only pool is actually really small in terms of useful moves. Softboiled seems pretty standard on competitive Mew but Roost is pretty much the same thing. Vacuum Wave and Sucker Punch are potentially useful. Seismic Toss maybe ? Endure + Brine could potentially have some gimmicky use. Dynamic Punch seems really gimmicky too. Silver Wind / Ominous Wind seem destined for Gimmicks too since their activation rate is terrible on the secondary effect. Work Up could work for a baton passer. Everything else seems pretty useless. Woops forgot about Defog because my brain still classifies it as useless , that could be good too.

Hegarol

Is HA Samurott still not up?
Its not. I checked the news about the distribution and it actually nowhere says it would be online on February 5th. It is just mentioned that the code will be distributed through the February newsletter.
The January newsletter was sent on January 23rd in Germany, so could be later this month until its up.

Muku

Are Shaymin just better off being Timid? I'm SRing them to trade them, and there are a bunch of them, so it's not something I'm going to be using. Guess my question is are folks going to want Timid more than say Modest? I'm beginning to wonder if I should stop bothering to look at IVs of the Modest ones. And if I find a decent Modest one, should I keep it? Or just say screw it and make them all Timid.

I do ask this because I found a decent Modest one. But also making me wonder if I should keep looking at them at all.

27 - 31 / 7 - 13 / 7 - 13 / 27 - 31 / 27 - 31 / 31 on the Modest one I'm looking at now...

Modest Shaymin works fine, its just that there's only one niche for it (Sky-Form Special Attacker) whereas Timid is used for both Normal and Skyform. That Modest Shaymin is really good especially if it turns out its Sp Atk IV is 31.

JoeM86

Its not. I checked the news about the distribution and it actually nowhere says it would be online on February 5th. It is just mentioned that the code will be distributed through the February newsletter.
The January newsletter was sent on January 23rd in Germany, so could be later this month until its up.

Press release that I got clearly said February 5th.
The Pokémon Company International has announced a special Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire distribution for Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott. The distribution timing and availability are as follows:
Serperior – Available from Pokemon.com starting 1/22/2015 through 11/30/2015, via a special password.

Emboar - Available from Pokemon.com starting 1/29/2015 through 11/30/2015, via special password.

Samurott - Available from the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter starting 2/5/2015 through 11/30/2015, via special password.

Each Pokémon will come with a Hidden Ability, and players will need to update their copy of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire to the latest version of the game (v 1.2) in order to receive these Pokémon.

Rutger

Banned
So I actually had to catch all the regis in ORAS to get Regigigas to appear. That was annoying. Strange too, since it looks like I can get Pokemon like Giratina and Kyurem to appear with the required Pokemon caught in older games.

Oh well, now I'm up to 709. The five event legendaries I'm missing, and Phione, are going to be a pain to hunt down though.
Anyone around here happen to have a spare Jirachi, Manaphy, Arceus, Meloetta, or Diancie you are willing to part with?
I'd be really surprised if there isn't a Jirachi event for ORAS, so I guess I don't need to rush to find that one.

Hegarol

Got a Micle berry from GPL and grew it. Anyone would like to trade 1:1 against the other berries (Custap, Jaboca, Rowap)? Taking too much time to get them all by myself as its just random which one you get.

Azuran

Banned
Alright, I just got a Raikou with HP Ice. Doesn't have perfect DEF or HP (30 IV so my Staraptor HP checker has failed me) but I'm happy nonetheless :)

Guess what I just got today?
IOoYJxC.jpg

n8LXypo.jpg
31 in ATK, SP.ATK and SPD, 30 DEF. so I got rid of it (soft reseted, didn't save). Will try for another.

Muku

...that shiny Latias... D:

Still WTB that shiny Latias of mine. Stopped again to SR these Shaymin since it obviously wants to continue being a jerk by being pink. I'd love a competitive shiny Latias, but really will just be happy having one show up at all. I'm not going to be picky with mine.

Elaug, hm okay, thank you. I thought Timid had a couple of uses which is what made it more sought after. I wish I could find out if the SpAtk was capped without having to save and then IV check. :( That's the one frustrating thing about it all. Do I risk it and maybe it might be? Or just say screw it and keep going.

lupinko

For Mew:
Wow for something with so much versatility Mew's transfer only pool is actually really small in terms of useful moves. Softboiled seems pretty standard on competitive Mew but Roost is pretty much the same thing. Vacuum Wave and Sucker Punch are potentially useful. Seismic Toss maybe ? Endure + Brine could potentially have some gimmicky use. Dynamic Punch seems really gimmicky too. Silver Wind / Ominous Wind seem destined for Gimmicks too since their activation rate is terrible on the secondary effect. Work Up could work for a baton passer. Everything else seems pretty useless. Woops forgot about Defog because my brain still classifies it as useless , that could be good too.

The one I did RNG was Special Based. No access to Gen 4 tutors at the moment, so moves like Sucker Punch are a no go.

Work Up or Defog sounds interesting to me.

...that shiny Latias... D:

Still WTB that shiny Latias of mine. Stopped again to SR these Shaymin since it obviously wants to continue being a jerk by being pink. I'd love a competitive shiny Latias, but really will just be happy having one show up at all. I'm not going to be picky with mine.

Elaug, hm okay, thank you. I thought Timid had a couple of uses which is what made it more sought after. I wish I could find out if the SpAtk was capped without having to save and then IV check. :( That's the one frustrating thing about it all. Do I risk it and maybe it might be? Or just say screw it and keep going.

If you're just going to far to trade those Shaymin, then Nature and IVs don't matter much especially for the high volume. With my 32 spare scrap cards I'm thinking 17 Shaymin, 1 Keldeo and 1 Victini. I know I have until April but I have to do these soon. Haha

Muku

I had 36 ultimately. Did 16 for my Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini set so I'd have a matching set for my event box. Once I finish the Shaymin I'll SR these though and then actually play my game finally, LOL. Will SR for comp natures/IVs (as best as I can without going mad) in case I decide to use them.

The Shaymin I feel like will have higher value if I go with a good nature and decent stats. It'll appear more valuable to someone who actually wants to use one or wouldn't trade for it otherwise. Plus sprained my ankle a few days ago so I have nothing but time sitting around, slowly getting better. :(

lupinko

I had 36 ultimately. Did 16 for my Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini set so I'd have a matching set for my event box. Once I finish the Shaymin I'll SR these though and then actually play my game finally, LOL. Will SR for comp natures/IVs (as best as I can without going mad) in case I decide to use them.

The Shaymin I feel like will have higher value if I go with a good nature and decent stats. It'll appear more valuable to someone who actually wants to use one or wouldn't trade for it otherwise. Plus sprained my ankle a few days ago so I have nothing but time sitting around, slowly getting better. :(

Yeah that's what I digured too originally, but our mutual friend indicated that it's not that important given the high volume. Also the people who do the trades don't care much for natures and IVs usually from my experience.

You can probably stretch it to include Mild, Rash, Quiet, Naive and Hasty.

Well, l lost my first round in the Nugget Bridge tourney. It was definitely kind of expected, but I put up a decent fight. He Sucker Punched his Terrakion with Kanga in the first round for the Defiant boost, and I definitely was not expecting that.

Quick question: If you use Tailwind again before your original Tailwind has ended, will it fail or will it setup Tailwind for another 4 rounds?

backlot

Well, l lost my first round in the Nugget Bridge tourney. It was definitely kind of expected, but I put up a decent fight. He Sucker Punched his Terrakion with Kanga in the first round for the Defiant boost, and I definitely was not expecting that.

Quick question: If you use Tailwind again before your original Tailwind has ended, will it fail or will it setup Tailwind for another 4 rounds?

I'm 90% sure it will fail but I've never actually tried it.

Firestorm

That... does not seem like the best use of a Kangaskhan.

It will fail.

Muku

Yeah that's what I digured too originally, but our mutual friend indicated that it's not that important given the high volume. Also the people who do the trades don't care much for natures and IVs usually from my experience.

You can probably stretch it to include Mild, Rash, Quiet, Naive and Hasty.

Curious, are you doing any WCs for any of the Shaymin you're going to do or no?

Anustart

I think maybe I won't be cut out for breeding. We got hidden abilities, traits, egg moves, ivs. It's too much to even know where to start.

backlot

I think maybe I won't be cut out for breeding. We got hidden abilities, traits, egg moves, ivs. It's too much to even know where to start.

Start with egg moves, then nature and ability, then IVs. Traits are based on IVs so you can pretty much ignore them.

Muku

To be honest, I didn't even start until this generation. I was so overwhelmed at first. Just read up on it and keep at it. At some point it just all clicked for me and it's been smooth sailing. I mean while learning to breed up IVs with multiple Ditto's (each having 2 different IVs to pass up), I hatched out my first shiny ever. And that's without the Ditto's being foreign. It's a bit of a slow process, at least it felt like to me, but now it's easy.

I still refer to some websites for information, but nothing like before where I had to bookmark many pages. Just keep at it! I swear it gets easier!

Muku

Heh, Eon Ticket Lati@s is one of the easiest mons to reset for a shiny, since you do not need to SR, just run away. You can rack thousand of tries in a day, easily.

That one was try number 221, if the dex isn't lying.

True, but I dunno. My luck is pretty shitty. Also against me on my Latias though is it is story.

Even still though, I'd rather be trying to get others shiny at that point. :p I guess I'm just tired of Latias ... and it's just the first legendary.

True, but I dunno. My luck is pretty shitty. Also against me on my Latias though is it is story.

Even still though, I'd rather be trying to get others shiny at that point. :p I guess I'm just tired of Latias ... and it's just the first legendary.

I want that Latias to be at least Maison-ready. The one that I posted here (which I let go) had a neutral nature, since the Sync didn't work. My shiny Latios isn't good/ready for VGC or something like that, but I can use him on the Maison with no problem. Having both shiny and with the pentagon is my current objetive (plus I had a singles team in mind if I manage to get a competitive Latias..)

My luck with shinies is random. Sometimes I get lucky (Bagon, recent Torchic), while in others it just plain sucks (Torchic and Froakie in X/Y)

lupinko

Curious, are you doing any WCs for any of the Shaymin you're going to do or no?

Yes I am going to do WCs for the Shaymin. Oh I know this is in advance but you don't need a WC for your reserved Hoopa right? I'm planning on going day 1. I hope Hoopa's movie isn't bad, but it has Primal and Mega Weather Trio.

Funny thing is Diancie has grown on me now, and the local seiyu is selling the 6 booster + 2 promo EX/M-EX Diancie set for ~¥400 which is a steal really, I should buy 4. I think a fairy deck with Mega EX Diancie, Mega EX Gardevoir and EX Xerneas (and I guess regular Xerneas) would be good I think.

Yrael

Heh, Eon Ticket Lati@s is one of the easiest mons to reset for a shiny, since you do not need to SR, just run away. You can rack thousand of tries in a day, easily.

That one was try number 221, if the dex isn't lying.

Yeah, I guess if you want a perfect shiny the Eon Ticket Lati@s is the best one to try for. Good luck with your search!

(I'm taking a break from Pokemon for now - when I get back though I'm going to reset for shiny Giratina. I'm definitely not going to throw it away though if it has useless stats...it's so tedious to keep SR'ing and using the Eon Flute over and over again. It'll just sit in my box as a trophy shiny instead.)

lupinko

Ok all the Gen 3 Event GAF Tourney mon are done.

I still need ideas on bonus moves, remember its limited to Gen 3 and 5 tutors, with the exceptions with HM Defog and TM Work Up.

Mew / Timid - Work Up or Defog or Explosion or Softboiled?
Ho-Oh / Jolly - Double-Edge? (Swift is part of the Navel Rock event moveset)
Lugia / Timid - ??? (Swift is part of the Navel Rock event moveset)
Registeel / Careful - Seismic Toss
Regice / Timid - ???
Regirock / Jolly - ???
Kyogre / Timid - ???
Groudon / Jolly - ???
Rayquaza / Jolly - ???
Latias / Timid - Defog
Latios / Timid - Defog
Deoxys / Timid - ???
Jirachi / Surprise - Body Slam
Celebi / Surprise - ???

Remember they are all shiny with the exception of Jirachi and Celebi.

I also did a set of NeoGAF OT Dream Radar pokes for the second place winner.

Unless Pokegaf has ideas on how to distribute these to the winners. Sorry I took so long.

Oh right I also have 18 6IV dittos ready to bring up to gen 6 from gen 3 (12 modest, 6 adamant), though I might leave some in gen 4 and gen 5 too. Lol

Muku

Yes I am going to do WCs for the Shaymin. Oh I know this is in advance but you don't need a WC for your reserved Hoopa right? I'm planning on going day 1. I hope Hoopa's movie isn't bad, but it has Primal and Mega Weather Trio.

Funny thing is Diancie has grown on me now, and the local seiyu is selling the 6 booster + 2 promo EX/M-EX Diancie set for ~¥400 which is a steal really, I should buy 4. I think a fairy deck with Mega EX Diancie, Mega EX Gardevoir and EX Xerneas (and I guess regular Xerneas) would be good I think.

Naw. I know you're still here and what I'm getting is legit for my collection so I'm good. :) Does remind me we gotta catch up soon so I can give you your Rays and Pika. :3 And you're stuff I borrowed last summer that should probably go back home by now LOL!

My bet is movie is just as bad if not worse than Diancie's. Though I hope Rayquaza doesn't suck... like every Pokemon in last movie LOL.

I can't believe Snorlax killed the shiny run I had been on. Since I started trying to hatch him i got nothing to show for a weeks worth of eggs xP

Top Bottom