• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ondore

So are we talking exclusive Pokemon or something else? (I swear to Jeebus if they have the exclusive on Eternal Floette I'm punching somebody.)

lol what would a bread-type rotom look like? xD

3y5sgRx.png

L.O.R.D

gIpIPs5.jpg

holy shit
i don't care for the other options , but this :

Also still hard mod...with new change...gym leader has 6 pokemon with mega...
all legendary are in those mirage spot...

now that how pokemon game should be
GF should always make an option for hard mode

Goddamnit, I don't know if I should keep my recent shiny Latias or not. It isn't perfect, but it has the right nature, 31IVs in two stats that I need, over 20 in another stat that I need, but the rest is meh.

Competitive-wise, it would only fit in the Maison judging by the other stats. Sigh.

JoeM86

Goddamnit, I don't know if I should keep my recent shiny Latias or not. It isn't perfect, but it has the right nature, 31IVs in two stats that I need, over 20 in another stat that I need, but the rest is meh.

Competitive-wise, it would only fit in the Maison judging by the other stats. Sigh.

That's the ultimate thing. If I get a shiny legend, do I continue on with it, or do I soft reset for something more viable.

Sophie's choice.

That's the ultimate thing. If I get a shiny legend, do I continue on with it, or do I soft reset for something more viable.

Sophie's choice.

To make it worse (maybe?), this is the third time that I got this shiny Latias, the first two she had bad natures / wrong stats. At this point I feel like just getting this one and moving away, but that would be like cheating to myself.

JoeM86

To make it worse (maybe?), this is the third time that I got this shiny Latias, the first two she had bad natures / wrong stats. At this point I feel like just getting this one and moving away, but that would be like cheating to myself.

Good lord. I'd have gone mad

Anustart

Is there an end to this game? Every time I Google something, it seems I uncover something else I could dump a hundred hours into.

I need some direction. Once I pick out some pokes I like, then what? If a pokemon has egg moves, will it's kid always get them?

Muku

Is there an end to this game? Every time I Google something, it seems I uncover something else I could dump a hundred hours into.

I need some direction. Once I pick out some pokes I like, then what? If a pokemon has egg moves, will it's kid always get them?

As long as the Pokemon you are breeding knows the egg move still (in one of its 4 move slots), then it'll pass it along to the kid. I think you can come into a bit of trouble when each parent knows more than 4 though. I tend to go to deleter if that's the case and remove egg moves from the parents I don't want to transfer.

These days it's pretty easy to find on GTS/WT Pokemon that have egg moves. Maybe not all you want, but it can be a starting point to breed them onto their kids. Though if you get some nice rejects they'll tend to have the egg moves you want. Then you go about working on its nature. It can be a long process, but it's worth it. I tend to find these days a lot of the egg moves are taken care of (or if not I breed the parents with ones that do to yield one I want) so it's easier to move on. But I'd recommend practice breeding up egg moves. If nothing else to help understand it better.

Muku

I wasn't exactly talking about more chances, but I would be able to enjoy the game on one 3DS and farm on another. it would be less painful than just SRing.

Difficult to enjoy playing the game if you're doing it at same time. Even though I have a couple, I tend to stick to playing/SRing on one main one.

Difficult to enjoy playing the game if you're doing it at same time. Even though I have a couple, I tend to stick to playing/SRing on one main one.

Hmm, true. But still, I could SR on one and do Maison battles on the other.

Goddamnit, I don't know if I should SR again. I'm afraid that I might get a dry spell and never meet a shiny Latias again for some time, while on the other hand I'm thinking that I should take advantage of my TSV/SID, since it is getting me this specific pokemon that I need in a regular basis.

Yrael

I wasn't exactly talking about more chances, but I would be able to enjoy the game on one 3DS and farm on another. it would be less painful than just SRing.

I'm always doing something else while SR'ing, like doing some work or surfing the net - I don't even look at the screen, I just listen for the shiny sound.

I'm always doing something else while SR'ing, like doing some work or surfing the net - I don't even look at the screen, I just listen for the shiny sound.

I usually do other stuff too, but I miss actually playing Pokemon, haha.

Battling, breeding, anything but SRing or having to run away constantly.

Yrael

Question - what are the exact odds of finding a shiny in X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire with the Shiny Charm alone? I've been told that it's the equivalent of "rolling the die" two extra times, so if there's a 1/4096 chance of finding a shiny in the wild normally then that ought to bring the probability up to 1/1366, correct?

JoeM86

Question - what are the exact odds of finding a shiny in X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire with the Shiny Charm alone? I've been told that it's the equivalent of "rolling the die" two extra times, so if there's a 1/4096 chance of finding a shiny in the wild normally then that ought to bring the probability up to 1/1366, correct?

Correct :)

I've heard similar numbers too.

L.O.R.D

thats weird

why Pokemon X doesn't remember my birthday like last year ?
maybe the event only activated once for all the games ?
i am using the same 3DS XL , same profile
its been while since i turned on Pokemon X

JoeM86

thats weird

why Pokemon X doesn't remember my birthday like last year ?
maybe the event only activated once for all the games ?
i am using the same 3DS XL , same profile
its been while since i turned on Pokemon X

Changed the clock since you used it due to DST or something? That'd do it. That kills all time based events until 24 hours after you load the save and have saved again

Happy birthday btw :)

Impala26

I might do that, to be honest.

That's why I like breeding more and more recently, the chances of a fuck up are smaller, chances of getting what you want are higher, plus if it goes wrong you can redo it easily.

True, but even with the shiny charm you're not guaranteed to hatch your shiny (or more importantly your IDEAL shiny) quickly. Just went off on a big breeding project for a shiny competitive Zubat with it's HA Infiltrator. It took 1,581 eggs... ughh.

I later did the math and came out with that with that many eggs hatched, there was a 95.5% probability of at least ONE egg being shiny. FML

Top Bottom