• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

L.O.R.D

Changed the clock since you used it due to DST or something? That'd do it. That kills all time based events until 24 hours after you load the save and have saved again

Happy birthday btw :)

i haven't change the clock since last month by mistake
the 24 hours rule also applied to X and Y ?

also , thanks

bengraven

Ha, you guys are playing the remake and I'm so LTTP that my GBA Sapphire comes in the mail tomorrow. Missed out on this generation and haven't played one since.

lupinko

Ha, you guys are playing the remake and I'm so LTTP that my GBA Sapphire comes in the mail tomorrow. Missed out on this generation and haven't played one since.

You're lucky since the GBA games are still very playable to this day, and are 60fps all the way (gen 5 was only 60fps for battles).

Also it's likely the battery for seed growing and time is dead on your sapphire cart so that means you can do super easy shiny RNG abuse.

entremet

What are the best Hidden Ability Pokemon? I'm trying to fill out my collection and getting the best of the best

Right now, of the top of my head:

Greninja
Breiloom
Dragonite
Glisgor
Politoed
Ninetales
Eevee family

What are the best Hidden Ability Pokemon? I'm trying to fill out my collection and getting the best of the best

Right now, of the top of my head:

Greninja
Breiloom
Dragonite
Glisgor
Politoed
Ninetales
Eevee family

Only those that you can breed? If not, my pics are Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh.

Some that you can breed:
Gothitelle
Blaziken
Dragalge
Talonflame
Klefki
Excadrill
Crawdaunt
Scolipede
Amoonguss (where the fuck can I find one? FFS)
Clefable (maybe?)

I'll edit this as I remember the rest.

Seeing this list makes me sad, because all the shit that I want shiny for my team need HA, FML.

Muku

Happy Birthday, L.O.R.D! :)

Though didn't realize only one Pokemon game amonst the many you may have giv eyou the message. Kind of a bummer.

backlot

Happy Birthday, L.O.R.D! :)

Though didn't realize only one Pokemon game amonst the many you may have giv eyou the message. Kind of a bummer.

That's not actually how it works. LORD probably just hadn't played the older games since the last time the 3DS clock changed.

I didn't realise the mushroom could have regenerator as his hidden ability. Guess I have some horde battles to do back in X. Not that trace will do me any favors xP

And gamefaqs has a good method to find one, use a mon that entrainment or simple beam. Since it shows the ability changing you just need to remember which one has it and you can nuke the rest.

entremet

Only those that you can breed? If not, my pics are Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh.

Some that you can breed:
Gothitelle
Blaziken
Dragalge
Talonflame
Klefki
Excadrill
Crawdaunt
Scolipede
Amoonguss (where the fuck can I find one? FFS)
Clefable (maybe?)

I'll edit this as I remember the rest.

Seeing this list makes me sad, because all the shit that I want shiny for my team need HA, FML.

You need to use hordes of Foonguses to get the HA. They're only available in Pokemon X/Y.

lupinko

I decided the final special moves for the grand prizes:

Mew / Timid - Work Up
Lugia / Timid - Defog
Celebi / ??? - Metronome
Regirock / Jolly - Seismic Toss
Regice / Timid - Counter
Kyogre / Timid - Mimic
Rayquaza / Jolly - Mimic
Deoxys / Timid - Ally Switch
Ho-Oh / Jolly - Double-edge
Latias / Timid - Defog
Latios / Timid - Defog
Registeel / Careful - Seismic Toss
Groudon / Jolly - Body Slam
Jirachi / ??? - Body Slam

Endure is also an option for Kyogre and Rayquaza but I decided Mimic would be more amusing. Any opinions on the choices?

entremet

Anyone have shit IV Zapdos that they wouldn't mind parting with? It's the only legendary bird I'm missing. I don't need it for battling. Just for my living dex so I don't care about stats or nature.

Maybe one you transferred from HGSS or FRLG?

JoeM86

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first details about the upcoming movie, The Archdjinni of the Rings - Hoopa, due for release in Japan in Summer 2015. With this, it revealed that the gift for prebooking the movie tickets is to be a distribution of the Pokémon, Arceus. This Arceus knows the moves Judgment, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Earth Power while holding the Silk Scarf. It'll be obtainable by prebooking the tickets from March 7th to July 17th and redeemable instantly until August 31st. With the prebooking, you will also receive another legendary Pokémon out of the 6 revealed for the movie. The specific six you get one of are not known. These are redeemed from June 20th to August 31st.
It also revealed that the movie will feature lots of Legendary Pokémon including Lugia, Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Kyurem and Arceus. In addition to that, it reveals that the Shiny Rayquaza will also be distributed through CoroCoro. You can get it even if you got the one at the World Hobby Fair. Details of this distribution will be announced later

Summary:
Arceus distribution for getting the tickets pre-booked
Another legend given, also for prebooking
Shiny Rayquaza coming again
My "no game in 2015" theory has some solid ground

Anustart

Anyone have a spare torchic, treecko, and or Groudon? Trying to complete my dex. I don't have much to offer. I dunno if they can be in luxury balls, but I'm trying to get as many as I can in them.

I dunno man, I didn't think we'd get the Unova starters and here we are so yeah.

Eh, not the same thing IMO. The Unova starters were not that hard, Arceus however is being given just to people who pre-order the tickets. We never saw that Shaymin / Victini promo that they did (scrap promotion), so I doubt we'll see this one. (If we did see it feel free to correct me).

Muku

Summary:

Hmmm interesting. I'm actually glad Darkrai was this past summer since I was able to get my own first legit Darkrai since I missed events in past. Got Arceus in what B/W event was it? So I don't feel bad missing him. Would be cool to have another, one I can SR stats on, but meh.

Shiny Rayquaza going to be a serial code in Corocoro I imagine? I know details later, but if it's coming out in Corocoro that's only way I can imagine it.

Scrap Promotion is Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini. But just because we haven't seen it west side in one way or another doesn't mean it won't come. I highly doubt it will come over. But it's still going on here, so never know.

I kinda wish they had the Amiibos in mind when they did the remakes so they would unlock a random legendary once or something. Probably a dumb idea seeing how hard it's been to get some of them but still it could have made for fun times.

lupinko

Anyone have a spare torchic, treecko, and or Groudon? Trying to complete my dex. I don't have much to offer. I dunno if they can be in luxury balls, but I'm trying to get as many as I can in them.

I'll give you them for free how about that.

Anyone have shit IV Zapdos that they wouldn't mind parting with? It's the only legendary bird I'm missing. I don't need it for battling. Just for my living dex so I don't care about stats or nature.

Maybe one you transferred from HGSS or FRLG?

Yeah I can do that too.

And wooooooooo!!! Lots of legendaries for me!

I'm definitely going to at least prebook twice for double Arceus. And to refarm Hoopa. :D

JoeM86

I wonder what are the odds we'll see an Arceus distro in the west?

Decent :)

Aside from the Genesect movie events, we have got both movie events brought over for each movie since Gen IV :)

That said, I doubt we'll get the 1 of 6 random legends sub event that spawns from this

Hegarol

Decent :)

Aside from the Genesect movie events, we have got both movie events brought over for each movie since Gen IV :)

That said, I doubt we'll get the 1 of 6 random legends sub event that spawns from this
Well technically the Darkrai isn't out yet for anyone outside the UK. You think it will?

lupinko

I'm still salty we didn't get the red genesect

I got it along with two p-hills Mewtwo in that used B2 cart I bought at GEO. Thank you previous Japanese player for your two event Mewtwos, red Genesect, event movie Meloetta and two event Keldeos. :D

Me too. In Europe we didn't even had a distribution outside of the Ranger games, which was once per game. So it was unfarmable.

I still have my Ranger cart with unused Manaphy, not going to do that until I have gen 4 rng perfect. :D

JoeM86

I feel bad for event collectors due to the Arceus.

The Arceus comes in one of 18 varieties. Each holding one of the type plates or a Silk Scarf.

I had to code a special function just for it on my site so there weren't 18 Arceus entries as that'd be ridiculous.

lupinko

I feel bad for event collectors due to the Arceus.

The Arceus comes in one of 18 varieties. Each holding one of the type plates or a Silk Scarf.

I had to code a special function just for it on my site so there weren't 18 Arceus entries as that'd be ridiculous.

I really just want two, one in Japanese and one in English. I wonder if Arceus will be like Darkrai last year, meaning multiple Arceus WCs on the same save.

kamikaze

since people are talking about event legendaries...

anyone know what's the story behind the ones on GTS? i've seen celebi, darkrai, diancie, jirachi, keldeo, shaymin, and victini on GTS.

i've assumed the celebi, diancie, and jirachi are mostly hacks since there are lots with nicknames and i can't upload my legit 6 gen celebi and diancie.

are the scrap promotion pokemon (shaymin, victini, keldeo) uploadable? same thing with the movie darkrai?

Summary:

All those events, none that I'll ever be able to participate in. :lol

Then again, I already have all of them, so I shouldn't complain. :lol Whether they're legit or not is another matter, but with the way Nintendo handles such things I really don't care all that much. If there's a kind soul out there who can get me a Hoopa this summer, I'll be more than satisfied.

lupinko

since people are talking about event legendaries...

anyone know what's the story behind the ones on GTS? i've seen celebi, darkrai, diancie, jirachi, keldeo, shaymin, and victini on GTS.

i've assumed the celebi, diancie, and jirachi are mostly hacks since there are lots with nicknames and i can't upload my legit 6 gen celebi and diancie.

are the scrap promotion pokemon (shaymin, victini, keldeo) uploadable? same thing with the movie darkrai?

I haven't tried with my event scrap or movie Darkrai, but they shouldn't. The ones on gts are all hacked ones and game freak is super inept to fix it sadly.

kamikaze

I haven't tried with my event scrap or movie Darkrai, but they shouldn't. The ones on gts are all hacked ones and game freak is super inept to fix it sadly.

yeah, figured as much.

it's weird, though. they took the time to clean out the hoopas that appeared some time in november but didn't bother with the other event legendaries. it made me wonder if there might be a way that some of them might be legit so they couldn't do a mass wipe.

Someone wanted to destroy the GTS for the lulz (they felt putting a load of crudely nicknamed Pokemon would be the best way) so they purchased a cyber gadget (this should give you an idea of how long ago this was) and edited their savefile (the fact they had to do that to edit their save shows how long these have been lingering for). As for the how? The profanity check on nicknames wasn't done upon uploading to GTS. No idea if it is still like that.

entremet

I'll give you them for free how about that.

Yeah I can do that too.

And wooooooooo!!! Lots of legendaries for me!

I'm definitely going to at least prebook twice for double Arceus. And to refarm Hoopa. :D

Thanks!

Is your FC on your profile? Mine is. You can PM me when you're available. No rush.

Syntsui

yeah, figured as much.

it's weird, though. they took the time to clean out the hoopas that appeared some time in november but didn't bother with the other event legendaries. it made me wonder if there might be a way that some of them might be legit so they couldn't do a mass wipe.

Well, you can obtain pretty much every Pokémon ever realeased and turn them legit with PKHex. It's something that a simple patch would resolve but apparently they don't give a fuck.

Top Bottom