• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Impala26

Someone wanted to destroy the GTS for the lulz (they felt putting a load of crudely nicknamed Pokemon would be the best way) so they purchased a cyber gadget (this should give you an idea of how long ago this was) and edited their savefile (the fact they had to do that to edit their save shows how long these have been lingering for). As for the how? The profanity check on nicknames wasn't done upon uploading to GTS. No idea if it is still like that.

My fiancée and I were discussing the aspect of the profane nicknames and we both basically agreed that, since there will always be people trying to get around the checks/censors, Game Freak might as well now concede the whole "can't rename other people's Pokémon" angle.

It's 2015 and closing in on two decades for this series--this crap isn't going to go away.

bengraven

You're lucky since the GBA games are still very playable to this day, and are 60fps all the way (gen 5 was only 60fps for battles).

Also it's likely the battery for seed growing and time is dead on your sapphire cart so that means you can do super easy shiny RNG abuse.

Yeah, it's dead according to the listing. I was going to replace it, because apparently it no longer keeps track of the day? But what's this RNG abuse...? >:)

Anustart

I'll give you them for free how about that.

Yeah I can do that too.

And wooooooooo!!! Lots of legendaries for me!

I'm definitely going to at least prebook twice for double Arceus. And to refarm Hoopa. :D

I'm available for the next 4 hours if you are tonight! Thanks a ton!

lupinko

Yeah, it's dead according to the listing. I was going to replace it, because apparently it no longer keeps track of the day? But what's this RNG abuse...? >:)

I'm trying to teach other gaffers on how to do it.

But yeah basically for RSE, especially RS, RNG is stupid easy with a dead battery.

You can Rng your own preferred TID/SID to always get favorable shiny spreads.

So for you, that means shiny Kyogre, Regi trio and Rayquaza without breaking a sweat, you can also do shiny Latias but the IVs would be awful, tho at least shiny!

You would need the Eon ticket to get Latios.

Macka

Anyone still playing XY? I'm looking for these Friend Safari's:

1. Dunsparce, Loudred, Ditto
2. Mightyena/Vullaby, Catcurne/Crawdaunt, Absol/Sableye x2
3. Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Galvantula
4. Machoke, Sawk, Tyrogue
5. Tangela/Pansage, Petilil/Sawsbuck, Gogoat
6. Snorunt/Spheal, ???, Cloyster
7. Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
8. Ferroseed, Forretress, Excadrill
9. Bibarel, Quagsire, ???
10. Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt, Absol

??? = doesn't matter.

JoeM86

Look what Joey got

B9tyxWCIIAAYeN7.png
B9tyxWwIUAA9_vQ.png

Went into GAME this morning, you can only get a Darkrai code if you buy a new Pokemon game. Can be X, Y, OR or AS.

Lame.

That is not the case. The GAME store duped you. Which one was it? I'll take care of it.

I'm trying to teach other gaffers on how to do it.

But yeah basically for RSE, especially RS, RNG is stupid easy with a dead battery.

You can Rng your own preferred TID/SID to always get favorable shiny spreads.

So for you, that means shiny Kyogre, Regi trio and Rayquaza without breaking a sweat, you can also do shiny Latias but the IVs would be awful, tho at least shiny!

You would need the Eon ticket to get Latios.

I've been trying to read up on how exactly this works, and I'm completely lost. :lol

Discovered my GBA is completely dead, too. Let's hope I can get my hands on that DS.

Impala26

I've been trying to read up on how exactly this works, and I'm completely lost. :lol

Discovered my GBA is completely dead, too. Let's hope I can get my hands on that DS.

RIP in peace Ninja's GBA.
Are we talking GBA SP? If so, it could just be dead battery which I'm pretty sure you can get replacements on eBay for like < $5. Though, you'd need the specialized tiny Nintendo screwdriver too.

RIP in peace Ninja's GBA.
Are we talking GBA SP? If so, it could just be dead battery which I'm pretty sure you can get replacements on eBay for like < $5. Though, you'd need the specialized tiny Nintendo screwdriver too.

Nope, first gen regular GBA. Got it on my birthday the year it came out, so I'm guessing that was in 2002. Exactly 13 years ago.

Impala26

Nope, first gen regular GBA. Got it on my birthday the year it came out, so I'm guessing that was in 2002. Exactly 13 years ago.

Aww man, that's a shame.

I still have like a "Launch Week" Game Boy Color that still works.

Good luck on the DS search though. I found it impossible to go back to GB/GBA games not backlit with a GBA SP or DS Lite. Just remember that only OG "Big Bertha" DS and DS Lite are backward compatible with GBA games.

Aww man, that's a shame.

I still have like a "Launch Week" Game Boy Color that still works.

Good luck on the DS search though. I found it impossible to go back to GB/GBA games not backlit with a GBA SP or DS Lite. Just remember that only OG "Big Bertha" DS and DS Lite are backward compatible with GBA games.

A friend of mine is bringing his old DS he's not using anymore, not sure what model it is though.

Being able to port stuff over from Gens III - IV would be sweet.

JoeM86

Wow, the Darkrai Code has 3 different "Redeemable until" dates. May 5th on official site, May 10th in official video and May 13th in leaflet. Nice co-ordination haha

Apologies if this has been answered to death and back already but this is my first Pokemon game since the 1st gen so I've not been following the thread due to: i/ being far too busy actually playing it and ii/ spoilers, sweetie. However, why does the game icon on my 3DS screen have a pulsing blue notification circle but there isn't anything that I can find, in or out of the game that it seems to relate to, offline or online? Shit's annoying, as I understand you young fellows are wont to say.

JoeM86

Apologies if this has been answered to death and back already but this is my first Pokemon game since the 1st gen so I've not been following the thread due to: i/ being far too busy actually playing it and ii/ spoilers, sweetie. However, why does the game icon on my 3DS screen have a pulsing blue notification circle but there isn't anything that I can find, in or out of the game that it seems to relate to, offline or online? Shit's annoying, as I understand you young fellows are wont to say.

Access the PSS on the bottom screen, hit the top button and select Holo Caster. That's where ORAS' SpotPass feature exists.

OmegaX

Wow, the Darkrai Code has 3 different "Redeemable until" dates. May 5th on official site, May 10th in official video and May 13th in leaflet. Nice co-ordination haha
Are the "redeemable until" dates being enforced? I bought a Diancie and a Shiny Gengar codes from ebay months after the events and they redeemed just fine.

Just realised I merged two sentences and the last one makes no sense. Hate when I do that haha.

Glad I helped :)

That's okay, I'm used to having to translate the internet into comprehensible English :p.

I would normally be able to work these things out for myself but coming from RBY this has been a bit of a culture shock; there's just so much to it all! It's all Nintendo's fault for pushing the demo to my 3DS so my curiosity got the better of me. Damn them!

Thanks Nintendo <3.

entremet

Anyone still playing XY? I'm looking for these Friend Safari's:

1. Dunsparce, Loudred, Ditto
2. Mightyena/Vullaby, Catcurne/Crawdaunt, Absol/Sableye x2
3. Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Galvantula
4. Machoke, Sawk, Tyrogue
5. Tangela/Pansage, Petilil/Sawsbuck, Gogoat
6. Snorunt/Spheal, ???, Cloyster
7. Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
8. Ferroseed, Forretress, Excadrill
9. Bibarel, Quagsire, ???
10. Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt, Absol

??? = doesn't matter.

Are you a Reddit user? Google Reddit Friend Safari. That's probably the best way to get your Friend Safaris right now.

ORAS's way to get hidden ability/3 IV Pokemon is better honestly due to the dumb friend code system. The problem is that you need a grind encounters a bit and the selection is not as big as X/Y.

Are you a Reddit user? Google Reddit Friend Safari. That's probably the best way to get your Friend Safaris right now.

ORAS's way to get hidden ability/3 IV Pokemon is better honestly due to the dumb friend code system. They problem is that you need a grind encounters a bit and the selection is not as big as X/Y.

And that a fair number of the pokemon are only on Mirage Islands.

Finally got around to doing the berry minigames on PGL. Took about 30 games to get the four I was after and around a third of those were trying to get a Jaboca Berry. I think with that I now have a complete berrydex in XY (I should cross check sometime and also think about getting it to ORAS)

Hegarol

Finally got around to doing the berry minigames on PGL. Took about 30 games to get the four I was after and around a third of those were trying to get a Jaboca Berry. I think with that I now have a complete berrydex in XY (I should cross check sometime and also think about getting it to ORAS)
Are you also working on a complete itemdex? Would be interested in some BP item trading.

Anustart

Anyone have that 6iv ditto sitting around? My pokes aren't wanting to swap the right ones :(

W won't be available til later today though.

kaskade

Probably been asked too much but I'm getting a New 3ds soon and want another pokemon game but I don't know if I should go with this or X & Y.

entremet

Probably been asked too much but I'm getting a New 3ds soon and want another pokemon game but I don't know if I should go with this or X & Y.

Here are the pros and cons.

ORAS
Pros:
  • Soaring
  • DexNav
  • Better breeding options
  • More Megastones, including the version exclusives of the XY games and the new ones from ORAS
  • Move Tutors
  • More Legendaries--There are lists online.
  • Access to Unova, Sinnoh, and Johto Starters as gift Pokemon.
  • Better Postgame

Cons:
  • Smaller Pokemon selection
  • Decent but unambitious remake

Pokemon X/Y
Pros:
  • Wider selection of Pokemon
  • Access to Kanto Starters a gift Pokemon.
  • More varied geographical locations
  • Friends Safari--collect rarer and hidden ability Pokemon, but you need to add people and have them add you back. Difficult since most have moved to ORAS.

Cons:
  • Tedious breeding setup. Or ORAS is just way better.
  • No move tutors.
  • Smaller set of Legendaries--Only one Legendary Bird, Mewtwo, and the Mascot Trio of Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde.

If you have an affinity for Gen I, do XY. If you want to get more into battling and breeding, get ORAS.

My choice would be ORAS, though. It's the new hotness right now.

Top Bottom