• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

Thanks. I've got a male and a female with swift swim, just breeding for perfect iv's now.

Is it possible to get more than one prism scale? And would any kind person here on gaf be willing to trade me once I get my Feebas ready to evolve?

In X & Y, you can get them using the Pickup ability if your Pickup Pokémon is at a high enough level.

In ORAS, just boost its Beauty stat :)

Ahnez

Got a Rayquaza with 29 / 31 / 29 / 23-24 / 31 / 31

But Timid instead of Jolly.. I still get the extra spd, but lose atk..

I really don't know if I keep it or not..

I'm SRing it four days straight, and its the first good IV spread I got..

Its not like Mega Rayquaza is allowed anywhere.. I just wanted a good one :p

Syntsui

Got a Rayquaza with 29 / 31 / 29 / 23-24 / 31 / 31

But Timid instead of Jolly.. I still get the extra spd, but lose atk..

I really don't know if I keep it or not..

I'm SRing it four days straight, and its the first good IV spread I got..

Its not like Mega Rayquaza is allowed anywhere.. I just wanted a good one :p
Jolly/Adamant or bust.

Ahnez

Well, I will keep trying

I captured Deoxys just to see my luck..

.. And its worse than any Rayquaza I got until now

Wtf RNG

I don't know if I will be patient enough to do this for all the other Legendaries :p

Is it possible to get more than one prism scale? And would any kind person here on gaf be willing to trade me once I get my Feebas ready to evolve?
In XY they seem to respwan in Couriway Town (to the east of the hotel). None are found in ORAS as they want you to use Pokeblocks instead.

Korosenai

In X & Y, you can get them using the Pickup ability if your Pickup Pokémon is at a high enough level.

In ORAS, just boost its Beauty stat :)

In XY they seem to respwan in Couriway Town (to the east of the hotel). None are found in ORAS as they want you to use Pokeblocks instead.
I just got pokeblocks in ORAS. How many does it take to max out its beauty? Or would it be easier to just trade one with a prism scale?

Azuran

Banned
Having to rely on Heat Wave is the worst feeling in the world. It makes me cry everytime it misses:

G4TG-WWWW-WWXC-JRMZ

I swear raised my adrenaline more than rollercoaster ride. My emotions can't take this.

Gorillaz

anyone here watching regionals on twitch?

this is really fascinating, watched even worlds a bit yesturday since people talked up this whole pachirusu thing

Azuran

Banned
anyone here watching regionals on twitch?

this is really fascinating, watched even worlds a bit yesturday since people talked up this whole pachirusu thing

Yup, VGC Pokemon is always a treat since it's so offensive minded and the mind games and plays they make are so good. It's also way more fun to spectate than singles.

Fun as hell to play too!

Anustart

So I'm breeding honedges, both parents have perfect sp def. I have one holding power band. I understand 3 ivs are passed down, and sp def is guaranteed.

Is it 3 from each parent or 3 total? And can i breed ivs first then add egg moves in later?

Ahnez

So I'm breeding honedges, both parents have perfect sp def. I have one holding power band. I understand 3 ivs are passed down, and sp def is guaranteed.

Is it 3 from each parent or 3 total? And can i breed ivs first then add egg moves in later?

3 total. So, Sdef from the one with the band and 2 random.

And, you can "add" egg moves later.. But it will be harder to pass down the correct IVs, if the mon that knows the moves does not have perfect IVs

Azuran

Banned

Usually, you want to breed for egg moves first, then nature and finally IVs. It's just makes things a lot more manageable in the long run.

The Adder

Banned
Started playing on Showdown again. Built an anything goes team

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Double Team
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Rayquaza-Mega @ BrightPowder
Ability: Delta Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Toxic

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Double Team
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Roost

I'm an asshole.

kamikaze

anyone had to renew their pokemon bank account yet?

are you able to renew before it expires or will the option to continue the account only appear after its up?

Muku

anyone had to renew their pokemon bank account yet?

are you able to renew before it expires or will the option to continue the account only appear after its up?

If it is like the trial to the subscription, it starts at like day 15. Almost there myself.. think it'll pop before I leave. /cheer

Muku

When will you be gone? Fennekin distribution starts on the 26th and I am counting on you ;)

Haha, actually flying out on the 26th. :x But it's a shared serial code, right? I don't think I'll have started my game for real then. I may be at the tail end of Shaymin farming. In fact, I may put off my actual play through until I finish ENG AS and OR. (Well, OR maybe, unless I give up on shiny legendaries in AS and the others in OR.)

Trying to get net turned on to where we're going before we get there, LOL. So may have it shortly after getting to States. But might be a day or two to get to farming any. But would be happy to farm you one made when I get to that point. :)

Actually beautiful part is X/Y is also part of the Fennekin thing. I haven't restarted my JPN X since I wiped it from Shiny Rayquaza farming, so could technically do it there too. Though do want to get back to that and finish X again so I can farm Vivillon again. And just transfer all stuff from US X (holding items for JPN X) and stuff outta Bank back to it.

Ahnez

Got a 31 / 31 / 27 / 23 / 30-31 / 31 Jolly Rayquaza

I will keep it

Now, I have to beat E4 again to make Deoxys reappear, right?

Edit: The E4 pokemons are stronger the second time, right :p

I know it comes back, but its strange to KO a mythical like that :p

I think Deoxys is not considered mythical anymore..

Edit 2 : more precise IVs :)

Syntsui

Yeah :(

I got lucky and I just got an adamant 31/31/31/0/30/30

should I keep it? That 30 IV in speed is just infuriating.

Do you play competitive Ubers with people that take the game serious enough to get everything with perfect IVs? If so, yeah you should get one with 31 Speed IVs.

If not, yours is really good, keep it.

Tanwo

Finished the Delta Episode. It was a really nice epilogue. I was really surprised by the Sky Pillar. It is almost completely different, and much more straightforward compared to the original.
Also, I think I got a quite good Rayquaza on first try [Jolly; 20, 21 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31 / 26, 27 / 30, 31]. It’s not perfect, but better than I was expecting, and I didn’t want to reset.
I left
Deoxys
for later. It will reappear after beating the Elite Four, right?

lupinko

Couldn't find one. Asked a couple times but no one replied. Started from 2 lame honedges.

Oh didn't I offer a perfect ditto? I can give you either Adamant or Modest.

We'd have to trade sometime this week, I'm currently busy at the moment.

And to all the people I brokered trades with, I didn't forget, and I'm still holding mons from Jirachis to Celebis to Meloettas to Deoxyses to perfect Dittos.

If you're interested I'll pm my FC later.

Anustart

Oh didn't I offer a perfect ditto? I can give you either Adamant or Modest.

We'd have to trade sometime this week, I'm currently busy at the moment.

And to all the people I brokered trades with, I didn't forget, and I'm still holding mons from Jirachis to Celebis to Meloettas to Deoxyses to perfect Dittos.

If you're interested I'll pm my FC later.

Oh yea, I forgot :) I'm available all week after 630 central time.

Muku

What's so special about this Fennekin?

Just an event one based on anime changes I believe. Otherwise, don't think anything is majorly special about it. However, I will say I like these generic codes for redemption. I was hoping they'd do something out of the starter trio with HAs.

Muku

Looks like it comes with a Destiny Knot (those are a bit of a PITA to find in ORAS) and comes in a Cherish Ball as well.

That's why I breed and everything still in X/Y. Of course not really far enough due to Latias being a jerk in AS, but I don't really think I could do my breeding in ORAS. Cherish Ball I like calling event ball, because events basically come in them. But I don't think most folks care about it. ORAS folks might want it for Destiny Knot though, haha.

That's why I breed and everything still in X/Y. Of course not really far enough due to Latias being a jerk in AS, but I don't really think I could do my breeding in ORAS. Cherish Ball I like calling event ball, because events basically come in them. But I don't think most folks care about it. ORAS folks might want it for Destiny Knot though, haha.

I have to say that you really should try ORAS for breeding, even if you have to trade over a Ditto and Destiny Knot, the setup is way nicer than X/Y once you're in the post game and setup. Bike Loop with Daycare and IV Checker on it and the changes to the move list in ORAS are pretty much all positive (less duplicate moves, and generally more compressed).

Admittedly the not post game Daycare in ORAS is kind of useless, since there's no Bike Loop and there's moving NPCs. It's also something of a pain to setup since Destiny Knots are much less reliable than the Luminouse City method for getting them.

Muku

I have to say that you really should try ORAS for breeding, even if you have to trade over a Ditto and Destiny Knot, the setup is way nicer than X/Y once you're in the post game and setup. Bike Loop with Daycare and IV Checker on it and the changes to the move list in ORAS are pretty much all positive (less duplicate moves, and generally more compressed).

Admittedly the not post game Daycare in ORAS is kind of useless, since there's no Bike Loop and there's moving NPCs. It's also something of a pain to setup since Destiny Knots are much less reliable than the Luminouse City method for getting them.

Well, I shouldn't say never. I plan on breeding Vivillon on those games as well. Have Monsoon and Sandstorm covered at the moment. JPN AS will probably have to go to Hokkaido to not get the shitty Elegant one. ENG OR and AS.. well, going Icy on one, think maybe Ocean on other.

These days I tend to breed for shiny than anything competitive really. Shiny dex is a huge project I'm working on, which is kind of why I'm still stuck at Latias in AS. Really want to get as many legendaries I can that are shiny with me as OT, and I know they're legit. Clear out what legendaries I currently have in mine that are probably a bit shady.

JoeM86

Look what Joey has :)

B-BMKMCIcAA-Fkd.png

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4020 <-- Link where you can get it

Top Bottom