• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I just realized the oldest Junior Division Participants are younger than my copy of Pokemon Red. I suddenly want to yell about getting off my lawn.

Wazzy

Banned
So I just beat most of this in the past week and I'm surprised how fast I finished it. I've got 80% of the legendaries and I'm just waiting for my friend to finish catching his exclusives so we can trade to finish off the final ones.

Regi quest is so annoying and I'm glad to have it out of the way.

Also contemplating signing up for that tourney. Is that how you get the Tyrunt?

So I just beat most of this in the past week and I'm surprised how fast I finished it. I've got 80% of the legendaries and I'm just waiting for my friend to finish catching his exclusives so we can trade to finish off the final ones.

Regi quest is so annoying and I'm glad to have it out of the way.

Also contemplating signing up for that tourney. Is that how you get the Tyrunt?

The Tyrunt tourney is over now. I'll probably breed some HA Tyrunts for any thread people who still want one after I've finished up the GAF Tournament Top 8 prizes.

I have to say that you really should try ORAS for breeding, even if you have to trade over a Ditto and Destiny Knot, the setup is way nicer than X/Y once you're in the post game and setup. Bike Loop with Daycare and IV Checker on it and the changes to the move list in ORAS are pretty much all positive (less duplicate moves, and generally more compressed).
I really hate the battle resort daycare loop. Why? As soon as something hatches you've got to hold a different direction then up, if you keep helping up you'll run into a wall. Plus all the slow sand bits on the path. It is a good thing the only egg move changes in ORAS were Pluse and Minun related as each of them lost a level up move.

I much prefer the central plaza in lumoise where you just hold left on the D-pad around the eifel tower.

Muku

For anyone in Tokyo area, don't forget... at end of this month the ORAS Cafe goes away, so go there while you have a chance. And if nothing else, get a Pikachu for dropping by. :) This month is really flying on by!

Was Hoopa or any other event legendary released recently?

I haven't been keeping track. I see passers-by requesting Hoopa in their little message bar.

MarkusRJR

I found a really weird bug. If you push the circle pad down + right at a specific angle you will occasionally sneak instead of walk (and it'll change back to walking once you leave the specific angle). Tried it on three 3DS since I though my new 3DS XL had a bad circle pad. What a strange glitch to have in a finished game, but now that I know about it it's gonna bother me. :p

Gorillaz

i literally got a charmander out of nowhere from wonder trade

Side note: why is everyone going with thunderous and landorus all the time in doubles. Just dealt with an annoying ass stall team using the 2

Azuran

Banned
i literally got a charmander out of nowhere from wonder trade

Side note: why is everyone going with thunderous and landorus all the time in doubles. Just dealt with an annoying ass stall team using the 2

Thundurus is a great disruptive Pokemon that's able to easily mess with an opponent's team if he's allowed to run wild. Access to priority T-Waves, Taunt, and Swagger is annoying as hell. He's also an excellent counter to Suicune who's pretty popular these days due to Tailwind.

Landorus is just pure power at it's finest. It's also popular since he gains access to Intimidate which is always an awesome ability to have as long as you don't run into Bisharp or Milotic.

Gorillaz

Thundurus is a great disruptive Pokemon that's able to easily mess with an opponent's team if he's allowed to run wild. Access to priority T-Waves, Taunt, and Swagger is annoying as hell. He's also an excellent counter to Suicune who's pretty popular these days due to Tailwind.

Landorus is just pure power at it's finest. It's also popular since he gains access to Intimidate which is always an awesome ability to have as long as you don't run into Bisharp or Milotic.

Milotic huh?..really.........
1362033496_birdmannolovehandrub01.gif

looks like I got a egg to hatch

Anustart

If anyone gets a honedge from wonder trade that's probably me. I've flooded the service with 100s.

Also trying to fill my damn hoenn dex but it's taking forever.

What is with the generation? (Ru/Sa) Second time around this gen hits and I am burned out on the series again. I've had the game since launch and I'm still at the third gym. The same thing happened when I bought the original, lol.

I need to find some time and power through it so I can get into the metagame. They added so many megas to some of my faves that I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice. Sharpedo, Gallade, Camerupt...

Oh well. Fucking MOBAs.

entremet

Anyone familiar with the term "wedlocke" as a variation of a nuzlocke challenge? I saw a Youtuber doing some runs when I looking up some ORAS videos.

It's very interesting way to play, where your Pokemon are pair in opposite gender teams of 2. One dies and you need you need to release it. There are other detailed rules as well.

I might try a run. Seems like a fun way to add challenge to the main story.

Gorillaz

Does anyone have an Enigma berry they'd be willing to trade ?

Got a HA Tyrunt ready for you. Let me know a good time for you since we should already have each others FCs.

Got your HA Tyrunt ready too. Let me know your FC and a good time to trade (I'm UTC +10), my FC is in my profile.

I'll be "on" for a few hours (well im on the computer but the ds is right next to me) so whenever your cool my FC is: 1435 6354 7666

Azuran

Banned
Ugh, been resetting close to two hours by now and that stupid island containing the Flash Cannon TM refuses to show up. Looks like this game doesn't want me using Heatran.

Yes, I know I can teach it to him in XY, but that's besides the point!

entremet

Ugh, been resetting close to two hours by now and that stupid island containing the Flash Cannon TM refuses to show up. Looks like this game doesn't want me using Heatran.

Yes, I know I can teach it to him in XY, but that's besides the point!

I'm missing Snarl :(

ZeroAKA

I have a couple of 5 IV HA Torchic and Froakie (breeding rejects) that I would like to get rid of. Is anyone interested? If not, I might just send them off through Wonder Trade later tonight.

Muku

anyone got the message to extends the poke bank ?
its 15 days and still no message

Not yet, but when I logged in early this morning was still day 16, though think sometime today it'll change to 15. Bit worried if it's not showing for you though...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
My Pokebank subscription is nowhere near needing to be renewed, but I'm curious--if you don't renew your account, how long do they give you before your account gets deleted? I'm kind of afraid I'll forget about it when the time comes.

JoeM86

New Battle Competition

Dragon Cup
dragoncup.jpg

Region: International
Registration Period: March 12th - March 20th 2015
Battle Period: March 20th - March 23rd2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex. One Dragon-type mandatory. Up to 2 of the following allowed: : Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie

Entry Gift is a Hidden Ability (Snow Warning) Amaura

Sora_N

I'm very LTTP on this game, was really busy with WiiU when it came out.

Seems I missed the Shiny Beldum. :(

Also couldn't really find what natures are best for the 3 BW Starters, if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Top Bottom