• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Entry Gift is a Hidden Ability (Snow Warning) Amaura

rPNCqww.jpg

Aurorus still shit even with Snow Warning.

It's probably worse with Snow Warning than Refrigerate in all honesty, its got 2 4x weakness 4 2x weakness and 4x 0.5 resistances (1 of which is normal) and meh physical bulk so its not like its an effective Weather Setter.

This is significant because with its release all breedable HA Pokemon have been made available. It'll be interesting to see if we get the unreleased Legendary HAs now (or even some of the HA Legendaries that never made it out of Japan before)

This is significant because with its release all breedable HA Pokemon have been made available. It'll be interesting to see if we get the unreleased Legendary HAs now (or even some of the HA Legendaries that never made it out of Japan before)
I wonder if some of the Dream World only HA Pokemon will get re-issues (though that said the list of last gen only HA is mostly legendary Pokemon, Fossils, gen III/IV starters and a few other things now).

Though technically there are some formes missing HA. There are still two Pumpkaboo sizes missing (friend safari is medium only and the event one was XL) and 2 Flabebe colours (Friend Safari is blue/red/yellow flower only leaving orange and white without symbiosis).

I wonder if some of the Dream World only HA Pokemon will get re-issues (though that said the list of last gen only HA is mostly legendary Pokemon, Fossils, gen III/IV starters and a few other things now).

Though technically there are some formes missing HA. There are still two Pumpkaboo sizes missing (friend safari is medium only and the event one was XL) and 2 Flabebe colours (Friend Safari is blue/red/yellow flower only leaving orange and white without symbiosis).

Yeah, Pumpkaboo definitely since the forms have significant stat differences. I don't much care about Flabele since its just a cosmetic difference but that's because I'm a terrible person.

entremet

I like HA Pokes, but for some reason I have no interest in the Gen VI fossils.

Rock is such a bad typing along with Ice--poor Amaura.

I'm slow on the uptake but mythical Pokemon are allowed in the Dragon cup but they were not in the Generation Showdown. Oh.

We all know the Dragon Cup is basically everybody loves Rayquaza anyway (I would post a link to a youtube video but I can't find the one which just replaced Ray's lines with the in-game Rayquaza cry).

Aurorus still shit even with Snow Warning.
It isn't in Battle Maison when it is the AI using it and proceeds to use Sandstorm on turn 1 and then the AI sometimes get into a weather war with itself...

lupinko

I passed on Red last year since I don't want to have anymore extra knicknacks but I can't say no to this. Please make Leaf with Mew Good Smile!

JA4fw9al.jpg

Oh, while I have the small sized Sub doll, they are selling this Super sized one.

5paZWwrl.jpg

Muku

Holy snap, that huge Substitue is amazing. I wish I could get one and bring it back with me LOL. I got one of the small ones last year. It's so awesome. :)

Looks like Monday I'll be getting my wish before I leave Japan at eating at the ORAS cafe after all. :O One of our friends suggested we meet up there one last time before we leave later in the week. YESSSS is all I can say. I may try to farm a few Pikachu while there as trade bait. But best of all? THAT POKEBALL MUG WILL BE MINE!

So, I've got an opportunity to purchase one of these:

300x225xSpecial-Edition-Nintendo-Pokemon-DSi-XL-Console-System-300x225.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-XXf7KI1xd.jpg

$400 though and it doesn't include the box or anything. It's tempting, but sheesh...

Edit: Annnnnd I've committed to buy it for $350 + shipping. Sheesh.

lupinko

So, I've got an opportunity to purchase one of these:

300x225xSpecial-Edition-Nintendo-Pokemon-DSi-XL-Console-System-300x225.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-XXf7KI1xd.jpg

$400 though and it doesn't include the box or anything. It's tempting, but sheesh...

I'll give ya my JP FC, I still gotta bring up all your prize mon. :)

5043-3233-7615
IGN JP: ブラック
IGN EN: Black Mamba

Growlie19

Does anyone have a 6IV (or 5IV with 0 speed) Ditto they can give/let me borrow? I wanted to start breeding Analytic Magnemite to replace my Eelektross, but breeding genderless Pokémon with good IVs is hard without a good Ditto. I have 5IV Grimer and Weedle to offer in exchange! PM me if you're interested.

Firestorm

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but it looks like Firestorm managed to grab 3rd place at the regionals tourney. At least that's what I gather from NuggetBridge. Congrats man!

Battle report?
Thanks! I guess I should write one though I can't remember anything about most of my battles outside my losses which are burned in my memory! Still kicking myself for the mistake I made in my last game... Heat Wave has the worst accuracy. Also Swagger is the worst move :(

It was a stressful day because only two 6-2 records would make cut and I lost my first game so I knew I'd have to win 7 in a row. Somehow I pulled it off!

I used what I used for all but one round of the GAF tournament:

Mega Kangashan / Togekiss / Slowking / Gastrodon / Chandelure / Ferrothorn

The day before I took 2nd at the Premier Challenge with the team I used in one round of the GAF tournament:

Mega Charizard Y / Cresselia / Landorus-T / Aegislash / Rotom-W / Terrakion

Thanks! I guess I should write one though I can't remember anything about most of my battles outside my losses which are burned in my memory! Still kicking myself for the mistake I made in my last game... Heat Wave has the worst accuracy. Also Swagger is the worst move :(

It was a stressful day because only two 6-2 records would make cut and I lost my first game so I knew I'd have to win 7 in a row. Somehow I pulled it off!

I used what I used for all but one round of the GAF tournament:

Mega Kangashan / Togekiss / Slowking / Gastrodon / Chandelure / Ferrothorn

The day before I took 2nd at the Premier Challenge with the team I used in one round of the GAF tournament:

Mega Charizard Y / Cresselia / Landorus-T / Aegislash / Rotom-W / Terrakion

You used Slowking over Bro because it couldn't take a hit from my Chandelure that one time in our match?

That second team looks VGC as hell

Firestorm

You used Slowking over Bro because it couldn't take a hit from my Chandelure that one time in our match?

That second team looks VGC as hell
Partly! There were actually a couple of things I noticed Slowbro couldn't survive that I wanted to. Slowking is also the one I prefer over the two and I gave up on the Mega being an option so it made a lot more sense. Spent a good chunk of time working on an EV spread that survives basically everything unless it's boosted with enough left over to still be an offensive presence.

Some of the sets/items on the second team are super fun :3 Though Terrakion was added to replace Hydreigon just because I thought there'd be more Smeargle / Kangaskhan teams. Double Kick <3

Hegarol

If you register both OR and AS on one PGL account, can you enter a tournament with both of them or is it limited to one entry per account?

If, somehow, I lose my save while transfering from a 3DS to a N3DS, it wouldn't matter if my pokemons were in the Pokebank, right? Or they would still be safe?

If, somehow, I lose my save while transfering from a 3DS to a N3DS, it wouldn't matter if my pokemons were in the Pokebank, right? Or they would still be safe?

Pokebank Pokemon are stored online on the server and accessed via your NNID. They should be safe, though you may have to get Nintendo to restore your access if something goes wrong.

Pokebank Pokemon are stored online on the server and accessed via your NNID. They should be safe, though you may have to get Nintendo to restore your access if something goes wrong.

Ok, thanks. The NNID will probably stay the same, only the FC might get borked, IIRC if something goes wrong.

Muku

Something to keep in mind if anyone is trading for a HA Tyrunt code for whatever reason... they are region locked. Got one from another GAFfer. Unfortunately my NA copy said I couldn't obtain it. Fortunately, I had a JPN console to try and obtained it without an issue there. Just keep it in mind. I'd hate for someone to get one that's a code for a different region and be unable to claim it.

Edit: Or now it's come to my attention maybe because it's ORAS only. Think I may have been trying with Y in my US 3DS.

entremet

Does anyone have a 6IV (or 5IV with 0 speed) Ditto they can give/let me borrow? I wanted to start breeding Analytic Magnemite to replace my Eelektross, but breeding genderless Pokémon with good IVs is hard without a good Ditto. I have 5IV Grimer and Weedle to offer in exchange! PM me if you're interested.

Go to Reddit. Google Breeding Perfect Dittos and follow the instructions laid out.

You will need an established Reddit account, though. The instructions say the waiting period.

You should get a perfect ditto in a day or so.

These are hacked btw, but who cares honestly. They fool GTS and Pokebank. They're also foreign for Matsuda shiny breeding.

I wouldn't.

A friend of mine is part of an event community and some of the people there had their games and even 3DSs have been bricked by using QR Codes

Ah, I see. I hadn't tried it, but I figured it was based off RAM2SAV, which I have used and I haven't heard any bad reports about.

In any case, I'll remove the link.

Oswen

That giant substitute looks awesome, I'm still waiting for my normal one from japan which was sent...a month ago, I really fear it may be lost.

My sister menaged to breed a female perfect 5IV shiny mudkip in less than 2 hours, I'm so jealous.

JoeM86

Ah, I see. I hadn't tried it, but I figured it was based off RAM2SAV, which I have used and I haven't heard any bad reports about.

In any case, I'll remove the link.

Well chances are they just scanned a bad code, to be fair, but that's the thing with QR Codes. Someone could say "It's a "legit" 6IV Ditto", but you won't know if it'll break your game, be a bad Egg or whatnot until it's too late.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Trading
2013-2015.

Since the game can track when you got various Pokémon, these things will stand out like crazy.

Top Bottom