• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

I miss the time before Pokémon Bank.

There were no cheated Pokémon. No transferred 6 IV Ditto. No Power Saves, no injection, no QR Codes. Those few months were pure. Everything was how it was meant to be. No cheats, just bliss and fun. Trading was rampant once again, battles were obviously not filled with hacked Pokémon. People actually had to earn the Pokémon they used competitively rather than just hack them like so many do now.

Ah good times.

entremet

I miss the time before Pokémon Bank.

There were no cheated Pokémon. No transferred 6 IV Ditto. No Power Saves, no injection, no QR Codes. Those few months were pure. Everything was how it was meant to be. No cheats, just bliss and fun. Trading was rampant once again, battles were obviously not filled with hacked Pokémon. People actually had to earn the Pokémon they used competitively rather than just hack them like so many do now.

Ah good times.
What's wrong with perfect IV dittos? People are using them for more streamlined breeding.

JoeM86

Track how? Date and time? Route and etc?

There's various bits of "history" that can be discovered for the Pokémon by speaking to certain NPCs. These Pokémon won't have that. I may be wrong but I don't think that part of Pokémon data has been broken yet.

I still maintain that unlinking PID with IVs was the dumbest thing Game Freak has done. All the hacked/edited Pokémon between the inception of Power Saves and injection would have autoflagged as hacked, but not now.

I liked trading, at least when I knew that what I was getting was legit.

There's one guy on Twitch that I see leaving an Auto Wonder-Trade machine on stream for like 24/7. He sends out obviously hacked shiny Mythical Pokémon through it. It angers me somewhat.

Hell, on Twitch there are always people holding giveaways of loads of 6IV shinies...I mean come the hell on. They claim they're legit, too.

As I have said in the past, I don't care if people cheat or not, but if you're either a) Trading with other people who don't know they're hacked or b) Competing in official competitions and/or battling with people with whom you have no prior association, then you should not cheat/hack/edit.

What's wrong with perfect IV dittos? People are using them for more streamlined breeding.

D6SUiiX.png

That's why the whole Ray Rizzo thing at 2014 US Nationals blew up, because of the insistence that they bred from a clearly hacked/edited Aegislash/Politoed/Ludicolo.

entremet

There's various bits of "history" that can be discovered for the Pokémon by speaking to certain NPCs. These Pokémon won't have that. I may be wrong but I don't think that part of Pokémon data has been broken yet.

I still maintain that unlinking PID with IVs was the dumbest thing Game Freak has done. All the hacked/edited Pokémon between the inception of Power Saves and injection would have autoflagged as hacked, but not now.

There's one guy on Twitch that I see leaving an Auto Wonder-Trade machine on stream for like 24/7. He sends out obviously hacked shiny Mythical Pokémon through it. It angers me somewhat.

Hell, on Twitch there are always people holding giveaways of loads of 6IV shinies...I mean come the hell on.

D6SUiiX.png

That's why the whole Ray Rizzo thing at 2014 US Nationals blew up, because of the insistence that they bred from a clearly hacked/edited Aegislash/Politoed/Ludicolo.
I think this where if GF is serious about the competitve scene to make perfect Dittos easier to obtain legally.

People are only doing this because the legal option requires both luck and time.

Well, obviously TPC wouldn't acknowledge offspring of hacked parents as legal, but is there any way to distinguish offspring from hacked parents or non-hacked parents if the hacked parents have legal attributes?

If using hacked parents could get you in trouble (not counting obvious hacks or people admitting to using hacks), a whole load of people would be in trouble and worse of all, they probably wouldn't know about it. All because of Wonder Trade.

I think this where if GF is serious about the competitve scene to make perfect Dittos easier to obtain legally.

People are only doing this because the legal option requires both luck and time.
I still get really annoyed N's Ditto was not a thing in BW2.

But as for the legal option. I managed to get 6IV fathers into several egg groups before the Ditto came along. With friend safari it didn't take me too long either.

I liked trading, at least when I knew that what I was getting was legit.
I'm unsure what is worse to get in a wonder trade, another bloody Wurmple (these assholes always span trade requests right after too) or a completely crackpot hacked Pokemon (e.g. Fearow caught at level 100 from the Mystery Zone - in a way it says "I'm a hack no arguments" though) in a way both are kind of thoughtless.

I admit these have basically killed off interest in Shinies for me and it further turns wonder trade into a "gimmie gimmie gimmie legendaries/shinies I gots wurmple". Weirdly enough I still enjoy Pokeballs even though those are as easy to hack (and just as easy to get wrong, yeah level Ball Daramantian and Moon Ball Noibat).

JoeM86

We're not meant to have perfect Pokémon. That's the thing.

Before Bank came out, perfect Pokémon were very rare, and people made do with 3/4 IV Pokémon, sometimes 5 if they were lucky. As I said, it was bliss. It was a nice metagame, it was how the game should be.

It still irks me that they had to shift to make max IVs more likely through No Eggs Group, Friend Safari, DexNav etc. just because people in Gens 3 to 5 just hacked/RNG'd crap to no end. That was their attempt at stopping it, but once the resources became available, everyone went at it once again which absolutely sucks.

The game isn't meant to be like this. They should have cut off compatibility at Gen VI again (my theory was that it was the plan, hence why Poké Transporter is a separate thing), and rejigged the IV system so there was no possible way you could have perfect. You'd have an upper limit or require some sort of balance if you were to have a perfect IV.

Well, obviously TPC wouldn't acknowledge offspring of hacked parents as legal, but is there any way to distinguish offspring from hacked parents or non-hacked parents if the hacked parents have legal attributes?

If using hacked parents could get you in trouble (not counting obvious hacks or people admitting to using hacks), a whole load of people would be in trouble and worse of all, they probably wouldn't know about it. All because of Wonder Trade.

Yeah, but they say this in the rules
POP recommends players only use Pokémon that they have raised themselves and items that they have received through normal gameplay. It is always the player’s responsibility to have legal Pokémon and items during the competition.

With the clones going around (seriously, I know so many people who have and use literally the same Cresselia), and the amount of hacks, part of me wishes they restricted it to just your own OT/ID, but that'd be such a sucky way to deal with it.

So I put a level 86 Espeon up for trade on the GTS and I got a 6 IV level 100 Shiny Gliscor in return.

It's EV spread is as follows

http://imgur.com/8WMwt7Z

Is he usuable?

I also know how lucky I am to get this little fella.

Yeah that looks fairly usable, but you could always reset the EVs if you want to go different.

With the clones going around (seriously, I know so many people who have and use literally the same Cresselia), and the amount of hacks, part of me wishes they restricted it to just your own OT/ID, but that'd be such a sucky way to deal with it.

Yes it would, people with multiple carts? Yeah, good luck with that, got screwed. Want that Latias, bought Omega Ruby and have no Eon Ticket? Screwed. Want that Kyogre? Screwed. Bought Y and want to use Xerneas? Screwed.

It would encourage buying less games, rather than more games.

Fair enough, if it's in the rules.

On the other hand, the rules only say "encourage".

I honestly don't think it's realistic to force people keep tabs on what Pokemon they got themselves or bred from their own Pokemon given all the Pokemon you could potentially have and the hours you've spent on your game.

If they really wanted to enforce such a rule, they should provide an in-game legality checker or something. Can't be that hard, right? Since TPC can check legality themselves.

JoeM86

Yes it would, people with multiple carts? Yeah, good luck with that, got screwed. Want that Latias, bought Omega Ruby and have no Eon Ticket? Screwed. Want that Kyogre? Screwed. Bought Y and want to use Xerneas? Screwed.

It would encourage buying less games, rather than more games.

Hence why it'd be a sucky way to do it :p

Azuran

Banned
Honestly, they just need to get rid of the IV system. It sucks and it clearly doesn't work as GF intended. EV, Natures, and maybe a new mechanic should be enough to diversify stats.

JoeM86

Honestly, they just need to get rid of the IV system. It sucks and it clearly doesn't work as GF intended. EV, Natures, and maybe a new mechanic should be enough to diversify stats.

They shouldn't remove a system just because of cheaters. Without IVs, literally every Pokémon would be the same and that'd be boring as hell.

Actually IIRC it does work as they intended, as a genetic material to pokemon. Not everyone can run like Usain Bolt, not everyone can swim like Michael Phelps, thus not every Pokemon can be as fast as X or Y, or strong as Z or W. The problem is that, like in the real world, people managed to use doping and GF can't control it anymore.

They shouldn't remove a system just because of cheaters. Without IVs, literally every Pokémon would be the same and that'd be boring as hell.

I would take that, to end cheating. It's not like there are only 1 set for every pokemon.

entremet

We're not meant to have perfect Pokémon. That's the thing.

Before Bank came out, perfect Pokémon were very rare, and people made do with 3/4 IV Pokémon, sometimes 5 if they were lucky. As I said, it was bliss. It was a nice metagame, it was how the game should be.

It still irks me that they had to shift to make max IVs more likely through No Eggs Group, Friend Safari, DexNav etc. just because people in Gens 3 to 5 just hacked/RNG'd crap to no end. That was their attempt at stopping it, but once the resources became available, everyone went at it once again which absolutely sucks.

The game isn't meant to be like this. They should have cut off compatibility at Gen VI again (my theory was that it was the plan, hence why Poké Transporter is a separate thing), and rejigged the IV system so there was no possible way you could have perfect. You'd have an upper limit or require some sort of balance if you were to have a perfect IV.

Yeah, but they say this in the rules

Yeah that looks fairly usable, but you could always reset the EVs if you want to go different.
But you can breed perfect pokemon legimately due to Destiny Knot in Gen VI.

Perfect dittos are just a way to speed up the process.

Perfect pokemon weren't a thing before because the mechanics weren't as sound as the current games.

JoeM86

But you can breed perfect pokemon legimately due to Destiny Knot in Gen VI.

Perfect dittos are just a way to speed up the process.

Perfect pokemon weren't a thing before because the mechanics weren't as sound as the current games.

Yeah but you need two 5 IV parents to have a decent shot at an easy legitimate perfect Pokémon

Perfect Dittos are mostly hacks and so all their offspring are technically not allowed in official competitions.

The mechanics were sound, they just added further features/made it easier to try and counter the predominance of cheating.

Azuran

Banned

But most Pokemon are already the same IV wise. Every Landorus out there will always run the same IVs, just like Venusaur will never have care about attack IVs.

I'm against cheating just as much as you, but GF is certainly at blame for some of the rampant cheating that goes on. The amount of time and effort it took to get decent Pokemon was insane back in the day. Too bad it took them over 6 generations to figure that out.

It certainly should have been obvious by Gen IV that their system wasn't working out. Now they're paying for refusing to adapt.

entremet

But most Pokemon are already the same IV wise. Every Landorus out there will always run the same IVs, just like Venusaur will never have care about attack IVs.

I'm against cheating just as much as you, but GF is certainly at blame for some of the rampant cheating that goes on. The amount of time and effort it took to get decent Pokemon was insane back in the day. Too bad it took them over 6 generations to figure that out.

It certainly should have been obvious by Gen IV that their system wasn't working out. Now they're paying for refusing to adapt.
Basically.

I still think it needs to be more streamlined as well.

Soft resetting is a pain.

Making legendaries breedable would be nice.

ffdgh

On the subject of potentially...well hacked 6iv dittos lol, it really is a case of working harder or working smarter for many people.

Breedable legends would be great tho crazy to masuda breed with their insanely high egg cycles lol.

JoeM86

Note that I'm not saying that the IV system shouldn't be rejigged to prevent perfect Pokémon, I'm saying it shouldn't be removed.

entremet

On the subject of potentially...well hacked 6iv dittos lol, it really is a case of working harder or working smarter for many people.

Breedable legends would be great tho crazy to masuda breed with their insanely high egg cycles lol.
Do they even have egg cycles? They don't breed.

Firestorm

Joe is the type of person who will say that deleting your app and reinstalling until you get the monster you want in Puzzles & Dragons is a core part of the experience if it were published by Nintendo.

Speaking of which, I swear Pokemon is set up like a f2p game sometimes. There's all this pointless tedium built into so many aspects of the game... all they need to do is introduce a way to pay to get past it.

They could do events like the f2p gacha games too. They'd get a lot of people grabbing their old copies of ORAS if they had a "Shiny Weekend" for example where you had a 10x chance of getting a shiny or a "Joey's Weekend" where the 31 is more likely to be rolled than any other stat when breeding or capturing.

entremet

Joe is the type of person who will say that deleting your app and reinstalling until you get the monster you want in Puzzles & Dragons is a core part of the experience if it were published by Nintendo.

Speaking of which, I swear Pokemon is set up like a f2p game sometimes. There's all this pointless tedium built into so many aspects of the game... all they need to do is introduce a way to pay to get past it.

They could do events like the f2p gacha games too. They'd get a lot of people grabbing their old copies of ORAS if they had a "Shiny Weekend" for example where you had a 10x chance of getting a shiny or a "Joey's Weekend" where the 31 is more likely to be rolled than any other stat when breeding or capturing.
Especially given all the efforts these hackers go through because GF has such a conservative approach.

Rutger

Banned
Removing IVs would be the single best thing that could happen to Pokemon as a competitive game.

I recently got done soft resetting for a decent Suicune, all it's IVs are around the 28-31 range. Knowing that this Suicune is not as good as it could be just because I didn't want to put anymore hours into soft resetting for it is awful. I still have to try for a Terrakion too...

The mess of having to spend hours hoping the RNG decides to give me a Pokemon with decent IVs is the main reason I haven't been able to really get into the competitive side before now. There have been a lot of improvements lately, enough to get me to want to take another look at competitive Pokemon, but it's still far more tedious than it should be. I can't really get mad at someone if they want to hack their Pokemon, you have to have a lot of time on your hands or be willing to wait a long time if you want to be able to keep up with everyone else while using a team of legit Pokemon.

Breedable legendaries would be nice even in a world without IVs. The idea that I'll have to reset my whole game if I want a legend with a different nature is still terrible for a competitive game.

MicH

IVs create an uneven playing field. As much as I like the "every Pokemon is different" notion of IVs I would be much happier if they got removed

Trey

Gamefreak wouldn't use discrete numbers as a base for their game mechanics if they didn't want an objectively top range, or "perfect Pokemon."

The features and mechanic changes in gen vi show they're aware of this, and are making concessions to give people an easier time of getting "perfect Pokemon."

IVs create an uneven playing field. As much as I like the "every Pokemon is different" notion of IVs I would be really happy if they got removed

You don't even have to get rid of IVs. make them influence the cosmetic appearance of the Pokemon, similar to shininess. Ear length, spots, claws, eye color, skin color, whatever. Just detach it completely from the competitive viability of the Pokemon.

entremet

Unique pokemon is great in concept for the campaign. It's really dumb in competition.

All major competitive games need objective measures.

So how do I tell if a Pokemon I got in a trade is hacked or not?

I got a Shiny 6IV Japanese Ditto a while back for a legit perfect 5IV Noivern that I chain bred with 4 different Ditto's.

If this thing is hacked then not only is my entire team not legit but also every other perfect 5IV Pokémon that I bred, EV trained, and raised to level 100.

entremet

I got a Shiny 6IV Japanese Ditto a while back for a legit perfect 5IV Noivern that I chain bred with 4 different Ditto's.

If this thing is hacked then not only is my entire team not legit but also every other perfect 5IV Pokémon that I bred, EV trained, and raised to level 100.
The hacks have gotten so good it's very hard to tell.

It's a cat and mouse game that GF will continue to lose since they make people go through so many hoops for competitve level pokes.

Azuran

Banned

I'm going to guess there's a 99.9% chance that the ditto you got is hacked.

Honestly, it doesn't matter in the end. If they actually followed that rule, then I'm sure most, if not all of competitive players have illegal teams. As far as I'm concerned, they're "legal" if you bred and trained them from scratch.

I'd really like to see the current IV system gone, but not without a replacement to keep variety. Like, maybe make it and breeding more about cosmetic and move differences than stats? (As was brought up while I was typing this out)

I mean, I get that the developer intent was to take your 0/10/13/7/14/2 Charizard and beat everyone up and feel like you won the match with Burning Courage and Friendship™ or whatever, but that doesn't really work competitively and kinda kills any hope of having a serious competitive scene with any sort of rewards. People who even have the tiniest advantage in hidden stats could actually end up winning the match because they had just enough special attack to faint something with slightly lower special defense. (Yeah, critical hits do the same thing, I know. Not sure how I feel about crits to this day, but I know their entire existence is tied to defensive stat boosting so it couldn't get too overpowered. That's a whole other argument.) It's just not really fun if you go in on uneven ground caused by anything other than skill.

Anyways, I'd rather see a bunch of design variations than IVs, maybe even like those recent artistic interpretations where the Pokemon changed appearance based on where they were active. Like, say you have a Tangela and you want to give it an egg move like Confusion. Breed it with the correct parent and then the resulting Tangela would have a few vines being lifted up telekinetically. Now, obviously something like this would need limits (probably only 4-10 designs per Pokemon) as that's a HUGE workload and would probably result in a few egg moves being removed, but it would definitely keep breeding relevant when the IVs were no longer there. The new DexNav stuff could also allow for these to show up in the wild. It also comes with the benefit of showing which Pokemon can know what move, kind of like those shiny legendary beasts from the 2009 event. Whenever you see a normal Suicune online you know it isn't going to be able to use Sheer Cold, but when you see a shiny one you have to wonder. This would also keep potential mindgames, as you could easily have the Pokemon forget the move that determined what it looked like. How this would effect shinies, I have no idea. Considering how common they are now anyway you might as well just make them happen if you do something like getting four egg moves onto a single Pokemon. I mean yeah, you'll feel less special for getting one, but let's be honest here. There really aren't any rare Pokemon anymore. You can pretty much get one, with or without hacking, with a trip to any message board out there now.

As for Hidden Power, no idea. Personally I think it makes a few Pokemon a little too viable. Getting rid of it would hurt some Pokemon that badly need it (Serperior), but it would also rebalance tons of things that definitely don't need Electric and Ice coverage with Prankster as its ability. Maybe just make it so some species get a certain type of Hidden Power no matter what.

JoeM86

Gamefreak wouldn't use discrete numbers as a base for their game mechanics if they didn't want an objectively top range, or "perfect Pokemon."

The features and mechanic changes in gen vi show they're aware of this, and are making concessions to give people an easier time of getting "perfect Pokemon."

That means that they're capitulating, but not that it was the intent.

entremet

That means that they're capitulating, but not that it was the intent.
But what's wrong with that?

The players are the ones who mold the meta.

Look at Street Fighter 2. Combos were a bug, not a feature, but Capcom adjusted the game engines as the meta game evolved.

lupinko

I just don't like how it ruins the concept of trading, while l do enjoy the breeding and battling metagame, I enjoy the trading meta just as much. And especially for someone like me who is fortunate to have access to in-life events. I actually take the time out of my day to get said events to trade. And then random hacker #47 just makes up their own junk and tries to pass it off as real. I know it sucks not having access to all events (looking at you Americas), but it takes out a large function of the game with rarity. It's like you tried to trade TCG cards, you having photocopied proxies vs someone who bought many boxes or whatever. But because the videogame is that, digital, people don't care as much.

Anyway if GF really wanted to clamp down, I'm sure it could be done with much thought, but they obviously don't care. Likewise, they shouldn't really, and it's also the community's fault going to great lengths to break down a children's game. That's what happens with manchildren (myself included, :p) make up your core demographic.

There are many identifiers that could be used to help determine uniqueness when used in tandem, like time/date of hatch/catch+stats+trainer id/memories/etc... It even applies to older games when transported, but GF undermined themselves by removing date/time from the older games went sent to g6.

Bah, I'm going back to hustlin'.

Syntsui

There is a nice analogy to be made between injecting Pokémons in ORAS and using steroids in sports, too bad I'm too lazy to elaborate on that.

The thing is, it's possible to make legal/perfect Pokémon while injecting as well as a lot of athletes use steroids and have their ways to hide it.

entremet

I just don't like how it ruins the concept of trading, while l do enjoy the breeding and battling metagame, I enjoy the trading meta just as much. And especially for someone like me who is fortunate to have access to in-life events. I actually take the time out of my day to get said events to trade. And then random hacker #47 just makes up their own junk and tries to pass it off as real. I know it sucks not having access to all events (looking at you Americas), but it takes out a large function of the game with rarity. It's like you tried to trade TCG cards, you having photocopied proxies vs someone who bought many boxes or whatever. But because the videogame is that, digital, people don't care as much.

Anyway if GF really wanted to clamp down, I'm sure it could be done with much thought, but they obviously don't care. Likewise, they shouldn't really, and it's also the community's fault going to great lengths to break down a children's game. That's what happens with manchildren (myself included, :p) make up your core demographic.

There are many identifiers that could be used to help determine uniqueness when used in tandem, like time/date of hatch/catch+stats+trainer id/memories/etc... It even applies to older games when transported, but GF undermined themselves by removing date/time from the older games went sent to g6.

Bah, I'm going back to hustlin'.

For me perfect dittos are just to make the breeding meta a little easier.

I never request Mythicals over GTS since it's almost certain they're hacked.

I do wish they would do more giveaways in the Americas. All my current mythicals are legitimate, but I'm still missing a good chunk since TPC is so stingy with giveaways outside Japan.

StoneFox

If GF would let me breed dittos with Gen 6 mechanics than I wouldn't have acquired a 6IV hacked one.

Perhaps they can re-work the IV system to only affect Hidden Power and not the actual stat directly, or make it like EVs where it's not possible to have them all be perfect (maybe only a max of two).

Although to revamp the mechanics would either mean cutting off the current gens like they did with Gen 3 for 1/2 or find a way to edit imported pokemon to the new system (maybe allow people to choose which max IVs to keep upon import and the rest be randomized?).

Pokemon has never been balanced but it's probably due for an overhaul... I have had mild success at winning battles using non-perfect pokemon but there have been a handful of cases where the extra IVs might have helped. But there is a smug sense of satisfaction when I beat someone with a clearly hacked, full-shiny team using my non-perfect mons I bred from scratch. I also have a box with a couple of legit shinies I found in the wild that I will never trade away because I know they are legit and have personal value to me.

Muku

I do wish they would do more giveaways in the Americas. All my current mythicals are legitimate, but I'm still missing a good chunk since TPC is so stingy with giveaways outside Japan.

^ Would it really kill them to try something? I mean, of course no event is going to be like Japan. That would be silly to think. Different environment, and honestly different culture. Plus public transportation is better here. No car? No problem. And while I know the video game stores are dwindling, anything has to be better than only teaming up with that shit hole they always team up with. TRU's still exist.

Am curious though, which mythicals are you missing?

entremet

^ Would it really kill them to try something? I mean, of course no event is going to be like Japan. That would be silly to think. Different environment, and honestly different culture. Plus public transportation is better here. No car? No problem. And while I know the video game stores are dwindling, anything has to be better than only teaming up with that shit hole they always team up with. TRU's still exist.

Am curious though, which mythicals are you missing?

Gen I: Mew

Gen II: Celebi-Missed the Pokebank giveaways since my games were in storage.

Gen II: I have all of these although Deoxys lost his mythical status ORAS, which was nice.

Gen IV: Missing all of these since I didn't play as much during this generation.

Gen V: Just Victini. This was when I came back to the series so I got the rest of these.

Gen VI: Got Diance from a generous PokeGAFfer here.

But like Lupinko, I prefer getting ''real'' ones. I could easily Powersave the rest, but the fun is in the wifi events and trading.

I had an extra Gen V mythical that I gave away on GAF cause that's part of the camaraderie of Pokemon trading.

But following Joe's site and seeing all those Japanese giveaways makes me envious lol. Not just mythicals, but special Pokemon like Hurricane Mewtwo and others.

I will give TPC some credit with the recent HA giveaways--Unova Starters, Fossils, and upcoming Johto starters.

Muku

Gen I: Mew

Gen II: Celebi-Missed the Pokebank giveaways since my games were in storage.

Gen II: I have all of these although Deoxys lost his mythical status ORAS, which was nice.

Gen IV: Missing all of these since I didn't play as much during this generation.

Gen V: Just Victini. This was when I came back to the series so I got the rest of these.

Gen VI: Got Diance from a generous PokeGAFfer here.

But like Lupinko, I prefer getting ''real'' ones. I could easily Powersave the rest, but the fun is in the wifi events and trading.

I had an extra Gen V mythical that I gave away on GAF cause that's part of the camaraderie of Pokemon trading.

But following Joe's site and seeing all those Japanese giveaways makes me envious lol. Not just mythicals, but special Pokemon like Hurricane Mewtwo and others.

I will give TPC some credit with the recent HA giveaways--Unova Starters, Fossils, and upcoming Johto starters.

Oh don't get me wrong, I prefer real ones too. That's why I'm glad the Scrap Campaign is going on to actually get a legit Shaymin finally. Since TRU had an event or two, but I had already long moved to Japan.

I guess I feel a bit lucky. I got a friend into Pokemon (who never played as a kid) at start of B/W. I might have missed out on some things if it weren't for him.

Not going to lie, going to miss the events here. D:

Trey

There is a nice analogy to be made between injecting Pokémons in ORAS and using steroids in sports, too bad I'm too lazy to elaborate on that.

The thing is, it's possible to make legal/perfect Pokémon while injecting as well as a lot of athletes use steroids and have their ways to hide it.

The analogy is not steroids, the proper analogy is eugenics. That's what IV manipulation and breeding ultimately is.

Understand that the franchise's basic sentiment of "there are no strong pokemon, there are no weak pokemon" is fundamentally subverted by the game's core mechanics. The way the game is designed makes it necessary that some Pokemon are better than other Pokemon - even within the same species - by objective metrics.

Actually only 4 IVs at most per stat matter for HP (0/1/30/31). And 0/1 only matter for Attack and Speed (there's no reason to want low other stats).

The other moves work fine with species and EV there's no real IV dependence.

And Joe, the memories have been cracked for months people are just generally to lazy to set them so its a decent metric for finding whole cloth hacks.

Top Bottom