• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

At the end of the day, it's still easy to spot hacks due to laziness or lack of knowledge on how PIDs work or the game in general for the majority of the people who hack.

While I do hate it that it ruins trading, the community on the bright side polices itself when it comes to serious trades like WC proofs. I know you can fake WCs in gen 6 now which is a bummer but going back to the previous point it's still easy to find out due to laziness.

But yeah like real sports, people will want to cheat in pokesports. In that example it's the closest to real pro sports moreso than other videogames. Lol

You don't see this in moba, fighters, fps and the like.

Online authentication could be a deterrent but given GF's intended audience that's unlikely.

Muku

While I do hate it that it ruins trading, the community on the bright side polices itself when it comes to serious trades like WC proofs. I know you can fake WCs in gen 6 now which is a bummer but going back to the previous point it's still easy to find out due to laziness.

Been pretty meticulous at cataloging the Shaymin I get. Though, with Wonder Cards, I know you can hack in whatever events through PowerSave (ugh) or whatever it's called, but those are usually only dated the 1st date of the event (if multiple dates), correct? There's no way to fake a WC to read later in a cycle to make it appear more legit if done through that? I guess I'm more curious about that stuff since I don't dabble in it. And I am always concerned for my legit stuff. I want to trade legit for legit.

lupinko

Been pretty meticulous at cataloging the Shaymin I get. Though, with Wonder Cards, I know you can hack in whatever events through PowerSave (ugh) or whatever it's called, but those are usually only dated the 1st date of the event (if multiple dates), correct? There's no way to fake a WC to read later in a cycle to make it appear more legit if done through that? I guess I'm more curious about that stuff since I don't dabble in it. And I am always concerned for my legit stuff. I want to trade legit for legit.

Yeah powersaves or whatever use the first date or a bogus date. And people who hack custom WCs will 99.9% goof on it.

Oh did you get a PC egg? If not I can grab you one before the end of this week. I actually didn't farm this egg event like the others.

Muku

Yeah powersaves or whatever use the first date or a bogus date. And people who hack custom WCs will 99.9% goof on it.

Oh did you get a PC egg? If not I can grab you one before the end of this week. I actually didn't farm this egg event like the others.

I haven't. Haven't had time to go up to Yokohama or do much of anything really. x_x

Should also hook up to give you your stuff. Come Thursday might be a bit before we can. Available for most part until then. After that it'll be me working off EST to catch up with ya, haha.

LOL like a 5 hour wait this afternoon for ORAS cafe. X_x

Yo today is my lucky fucking day (Pokémon wise)!

First I got a level 100 6IV Shiny Gliscor fully ev trained for a Espeon And just now I got a English name 6IV Ditto from wonder trade, It's level 16 with a serious nature.

Edit: also has imposter ability

lupinko

Faraway Island Mew * / Timid - Work Up
Navel Rock Lugia * / Timid - Defog
Ageto Celebi / Bold - Metronome
Regirock * / Jolly - Seismic Toss
Regice * / Timid - Counter
Kyogre * / Timid - Endure
Rayquaza * / Jolly - Double-edge
Birth Island Deoxys * / Timid - Ally Switch
Navel Rock Ho-Oh * / Jolly - Double-edge
Latias * / Timid - Defog
Southern Island Latios * / Timid - Defog
Registeel * / Careful - Seismic Toss
Groudon * / Jolly - Body Slam
WishMaker Jirachi + Salac Berry / Careful - Body Slam

Congrats to Cloggerdude! All Pokemon but Celebi and Jirachi all have OT GAF and except Jirachi, they are all JPN.

And for backlot, a full set of Dream Radar Legendaries with OT NeoGAF all ENG.

HA Unova Genies
HA Sinnoh Dragons
HA Johto Guardians

Thanks for playing!

FSLink

Banned
Unique pokemon is great in concept for the campaign. It's really dumb in competition.

All major competitive games need objective measures.

Like how VS sets your Level to 50 (outside of a few exceptions), they should just make it set everyone's IVs to 31 or something during battles. This would make it a quick fix for competition.

Rework Hidden Power and stuff to use something else to determine it.

JoeM86

Like how VS sets your Level to 50 (outside of a few exceptions), they should just make it set everyone's IVs to 31 or something during battles. This would make it a quick fix for competition.

Rework Hidden Power and stuff to use something else to determine it.

But it's not just Hidden Power that uses IVs.

lupinko

a5Xgq10l.jpg

7IR0YYDl.jpg

9XbNUKml.jpg

SilhwO0l.jpg

7elVqAJl.jpg

gJMKp8Dl.jpg

hLM3C2rl.jpg

endtK9Bl.jpg

GlxZzfbl.jpg

7nRygdGl.jpg

RRuXcvol.jpg

ySGXV0Ol.jpg

3v9ZRIsl.jpg

VNlR6H3l.jpg

p69JstYl.jpg

Took these from Pearl, didn't get to take their pics in Emerald.

http://youtu.be/vbrbpqs11gw

Again congrats to Cloggerdude.

ZeroAKA

I got a Timid Latias with an IV spread of 27-29/30-31/20-23/30-31/30-31/30-31. Too bad the Attack and Defense weren't switched, but this is probably a keeper, right?

Anyone got any good team suggestions for Omega Ruby? At the part where you get Latios, my team at the moment is

Combusken
Swellow
Latios
Machop
Zigzagoon
Skitty

Very random but I never played Ruby so not familiar with the Pokemon.

entremet

Anyone got any good team suggestions for Omega Ruby? At the part where you get Latios, my team at the moment is

Combusken
Swellow
Latios
Machop
Zigzagoon
Skitty

Very random but I never played Ruby so not familiar with the Pokemon.

I wouldn't worry about team make up. The game is fairly easy.

However, I would recommend a Sharpedo as an HM mule. It's probably the best HM mule of the game--Strength, Dive, Surf, Waterfall. And you'll be blazing through water routes. It's fast.

I wouldn't worry about team make up. The game is fairly easy.

However, I would recommend a Sharpedo as an HM mule. It's probably the best HM mule of the game--Strength, Dive, Surf, Waterfall. And you'll be blazing through water routes. It's fast.

Yeah I figured Sharpedo was a good choice but not got the Good Rod yet so not been able to find one.

entremet

Yeah I figured Sharpedo was a good choice but not got the Good Rod yet so not been able to find one.

You can find one later and just switch out a team member.

Another thing, you don't need a Lati@s on you team to use Soar, which is awesome. And Swallow may be redundant since I'm guessing its your Fly user?

That opens up another spot.

I always like a plain water type for Ice Beam access for those pesky Dragon types. Ice types are pretty rare in ORAS.

If I have any outstanding trades with you, I'm going to get breakfast and then leave my 3DS connected all day (in about half an hour). If your GAF name is the same as your IGN just send me a trade request and I'll send through whatever, if its different please send me a PM first so I can work out what I'm supposed to be sending you.

entremet

SR for legendaries is the biggest pain in the ass. I just gave up and went for the Nature. I was trying for the Nature and HP Ice.

Doing it for a week and no dice.

I don't know how you guys do it. RNG hasn't blessed me lol. Even doing while watching TV sucks.

This is why I can't blame hackers as long as they're using Pokemon are possible in the real game--right stat limits, eligible moves, etc.

Way too much time sinks to get into competitive Pokemon.

SR for legendaries is the biggest pain in the ass. I just gave up and went for the Nature. I was trying for the Nature and HP Ice.

Doing it for a week and no dice.

I don't know how you guys do it. RNG hasn't blessed me lol. Even doing while watching TV sucks.

This is why I can't blame hackers as long as they're using Pokemon are possible in the real game--right stat limits, eligible moves, etc.

Way too much time sinks to get into competitive Pokemon.

Competitive breedable pokemon are relatively easy now.

Competitive Legendaries suck even with the guaranteed 3 31s (especially Wonder Card ones which don't seem to be Synchonizable). Partly because there's only a handful of legendaries who don't use at least 5 IVs and partially because a lot of legendaries can do mixed (which uses all 6). Even Regice which only uses 4 31s (Sp Atk, Def, Sp Def, HP) still needs 0,1 , 30 or 31 speed depending on what you're doing.

Though I've admittedly had some fairly good luck with legendaries I dunno if I'd use them competitively even though they are as good as can be expected without hacking because the competitive environment puts strong pressure towards perfect pokemon.

I guess I'm a bit confused here. Why would they be synchronizable?

They made the automatic Lati@s in ORAS synchronizable (at 100% success at that) , so they could make the WC ones so if they wished. It's not really surprising that they aren't only that if they took that step with the island ones that they didn't with WCs.

Muku

They made the automatic Lati@s in ORAS synchronizable (at 100% success at that) , so they could make the WC ones so if they wished. It's not really surprising that they aren't only that if they took that step with the island ones that they didn't with WCs.

Um... but they aren't gotten via the lady at the Pokemon Center is the point. You basically get the Eon Ticket code for the other Lati@s, not the Pokemon itself. So they're synchro available because you actually encounter them.

Um... but they aren't gotten via the lady at the Pokemon Center is the point. You basically get the Eon Ticket code for the other Lati@s, not the Pokemon itself. So they're synchro available because you actually encounter them.

You don't actually encounter the Latios you get (without the Eon Ticket), it just automatically joins you after the battle with the Admin. I can see a fluffish argument but mechanically its pretty much identical.

Muku

You don't actually encounter the Latios you get (without the Eon Ticket), it just automatically joins you after the battle with the Admin. I can see a fluffish argument but mechanically its pretty much identical.

Technically there is no battle with the story Lati@s, true. But I think the idea is that you encounter it. WC Pokemon are given to you without any fanfare or anything. It'd be cool, but I wouldn't have hopes on them changing it.

Damn only just read about the QR exploit, terrible news :(

I'm still 8 mythical's short of a full dex but I won't do it like this.
I know events are a fairly crappy distribution method but it's been pretty exciting finally getting a Darkrai this week and knowing Hoopa is on the way.

entremet

Damn only just read about the QR exploit, terrible news :(

I'm still 8 mythical's short of a full dex but I won't do it like this.
I know events are a fairly crappy distribution method but it's been pretty exciting finally getting a Darkrai this week and knowing Hoopa is on the way.

I don't think they could be put on GTS, though or battle spot.

ZeroAKA

I got a Timid Latias with an IV spread of 27-29/30-31/20-23/30-31/30-31/30-31. Too bad the Attack and Defense weren't switched, but this is probably a keeper, right?
It turns out I somehow put in the wrong stats into the IV calculator. I checked my Latias again today and got 30-31/X/24-26/30-31/30-31/30-31. Really glad I kept it now.

That moment when your friend that just started playing asks you for a duel and you know there's a high chance you might lose.

God I suck at competitive pokemon, sigh.

Merovin

Finally got back to this game after a long hiatus, currently on the legendary reset grind and after a few attempts I managed to get this guy:

Thundurus [Calm], IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31 / 21 / 31

Would have been perfect if the Attack and Special Defense were swapped round, but seriously, I cannot complain or turn my nose up at that. There's no way I have it in me to go for one with a specific hidden power type (ice would have been ideal, this guy is rocking dragon though).

Edit: Okay I'm seriously considering going for Ice type Hidden Power now... Someone please talk me out of it, I know I won't get another like this for hours minimum, but I want that perfection.

Azuran

Banned
Finally got back to this game after a long hiatus, currently on the legendary reset grind and after a few attempts I managed to get this guy:

Would have been perfect if the Attack and Special Defense were swapped round, but seriously, I cannot complain or turn my nose up at that. There's no way I have it in me to go for one with a specific hidden power type (ice would have been ideal, this guy is rocking dragon though).

Edit: Okay I'm seriously considering going for Ice type Hidden Power now... Someone please talk me out of it, I know I won't get another like this for hours minimum, but I want that perfection.

I got a Raikou with HP Ice after two days of resetting so anything is possible!

I would love to talk you out of it, but I would have reset as soon as I saw the SpD wasn't higher than 25. Sorry :p

backlot

Why use a Calm nature if you're not gonna go for a max special defense IV?

Croc

Banned
I've got a quick favor to ask on behalf of a friend.

He has 2 European codes for Diancies but doesn't have a Euro 3DS. Is there anyone here with X/Y that'd be willing to receive the Diancies for him and trade them back to him? I think he said they expire today so it'd need to be soon.

Anustart

Just now realized after days of breeding my female line of honedges aren't in luxury ball. I lost whole crops because of this :(

Anyone have a female honedge in a luxury ball?

Azuran

Banned
Just now realized after days of breeding my female line of honedges aren't in luxury ball. I lost whole crops because of this :(

Anyone have a female honedge in a luxury ball?

I'm actually breeding Honedge right now in luxury balls. I can trade you a non-perfect 4IV one (or perfect if I manage to get more than one) tonight or tomorrow depending on how it goes. They're quiet nature with 0 Speed IVs just in case you're wondering.

Anustart

I'm actually breeding Honedge right now in luxury balls. I can trade you a non-perfect 4IV one (or perfect if I manage to get more than one) tonight or tomorrow depending on how it goes. They're quiet nature with 0 Speed IVs just in case you're wondering.

Perfect! Anything works! Why 0 speed though? I know it's done for a reason, just don't know why.

Top Bottom