• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I got this pokescrap Timid Keldeo.

18–24 HP; 23–31/27–31 Physical; 22–28/27–31 Special; 31 Speed

Should I keep this? Or keep going? Note I have two other Keldeos waiting for me.

Edit: nah I tossed it.

Muku

Just curious, but any reason why Eon ticket promo is so short? Just seems silly.

Also, the Fennekin one is a bit short I noticed too, but at least longer than the ticket. Not sure how many ill be able to farm really. Still gotta get net where I'm at before I can even think about that though. Not sure if they'll make good trade bait but might be worth it for a few extras. If I said I'd farm you one, send me amessage sou have record of it. Stuck on phone for net in meantime, but when net issue is settled just want to get in it. (If I didn't and you want one still, we can try working out a deal, so send me a note if interested.)

entremet

I got this pokescrap Timid Keldeo.

18–24 HP; 23–31/27–31 Physical; 22–28/27–31 Special; 31 Speed

Should I keep this? Or keep going? Note I have two other Keldeos waiting for me.

Edit: nah I tossed it.

How are you SR Keldeos? Is there a Japanese event?

L.O.R.D

NAYp5q8.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2xhi43/my_birthday_is_feb_29_so_i_wasnt_expecting_to_get/

this is very interesting
it appear if the year is not leap year , the pokemon center will celebrate your birthday a day earlier

lupinko

How are you SR Keldeos? Is there a Japanese event?

Yeah the scrap cards, same goes with Victini and Shaymin.

I have this modest one right now, should I keep it gaf?

25–31 HP; 23–31/27–31 Physical; 29–31/14–19 Special; 24–30 Speed

Edit: I tossed it too, oh well.

Muku

Only in japan? this World is not fair.

Scrap campaign is only in Japan, yeah. Reminds me I gotta finish farming stuff and redeem my trio before it ends. Think it is end of March?

Japan gets everything good. No love for rest of the world. :(

Daemul

Yea I like this idea of megas and making some pokemon actually viable now but.....it really is a slippery slope.

I have been looking up the metagame stuf and found an interesting theory from people that feel that GF is basically balancing for doubles now more the singles (apparently since BW2?)

The thing with Mega Evolution, is that it's a good idea, which is being executed poorly. Most of the Pokemon being given mega evolutions either didn't need them because they were already powerful enough, or they could have been given a permanent evolution instead.

The likes of Houndoom, Pinsir, Absol, Manectric, Banette etc, could have been given proper evolutions, instead of just the temporary ones they have now. Due to the rule of only one mega evolution per battle, people are going to choose the more powerful pokemon as their main mega over most of them, rendering them useless, because if you aren't going to mega evolve them, then what's the point of having them in your team? This is where a new evolution would have come in handy, since it would have given them a permanent power boost and a justification to be part of people's teams.

Having said that, GF did get execute one aspect of mega evolutions right, and that was giving them to undervalued pokemon who already had a third and final form. The likes of Ampharos, Gallade, Gardevoir, Aggron, the Kanto starters etc, all needed a power boost since they were already in their final forms and couldn't get another. This made them viable and competive, and gave people the chance to use their old faves. This should have been the criteria a pokemon needed to meet in order to be considered for mega evolution by GF, but of course, it all went off the rails, and pokemon who had no business getting mega evolutions *cough* Mewtwo *cough*, got them lol

Personally, if it was up to me I would just restricted mega evolutions to starter pokemon only, there's less of a danger of things getting out of control that way. Starter pokemon are rarely ever the most powerful members of our teams, they're usually the highest levelled pokemons, but we all usually have a pokemon or two who have much better stats than them. Mega evolutions would give them the boost to become the most powerful non-legendary members of people's teams(as they should be), because way too many of them get cast aside in competitive play.

It's always the one you receive in the story, its hardcoded per game , even if you release or trade your versions Lati@s they'll still come for Soaring.

JoeM86

Yea I like this idea of megas and making some pokemon actually viable now but.....it really is a slippery slope.

I have been looking up the metagame stuf and found an interesting theory from people that feel that GF is basically balancing for doubles now more the singles (apparently since BW2?)

Well Doubles is the official format, and has been for as long as the Video Game Championship Series has been running

Personally, if it was up to me I would just restricted mega evolutions to starter pokemon only, there's less of a danger of things getting out of control that way.

I wouldn't mind if it happened this way. Just starters, but 2 mega evos per starter, like Zard.

Eh, that'd be kind of boring tbh. If I had to make any restrictions on who gets megas, I'd choose the legendaries, the ones above 600 BST at least

To me that would be boring, because they are already powerful anyway, and some times the changes are for the worse (Mega-Latios, Mega Garchomp for an example).

The chances that we would end up with another Rayquaza situation would be bigger.

JoeM86

No restrictions for Megas in my view. Though having Mega Rayquaza mega evolve without an item may have been a bad call. It wouldn't be so powerful or banned by various fan circles if they had made it hold a Rayquazanite.

You need to consider things when it comes to new evolutions as standard. They can't just make it so a Pokémon evolves, they have to consider the previous final evolution and whether Eviolite will make it broken.

they have to consider the previous final evolution and whether Eviolite will make it broken.

Another item IMO that they shouldn't have created, it made some pokemons useless and just the fact that they need to think about it before creating an evolution shows that it wasn't done properly.

I'm not saying the item is useless, far from that, it has a lot of uses.

Ein Bear

Hey guys, just bought Alpha Sapphire today and started playing. Does anyone have an Elekid or Electabuzz they'd be willing to trade me?

Am not fussed about its stats, or competitive battling or anything. Electabuzz has just always been my favourite Pokemon, and I want one on my team to play through the story with :)

Thanks!

To me that would be boring, because they are already powerful anyway, and some times the changes are for the worse (Mega-Latios, Mega Garchomp for an example).

The chances that we would end up with another Rayquaza situation would be bigger.

MRay is only as broken as it is because it isn't restricted to a mega stone and has a good ability on top of a near 800 BST. All of that tells me GF delibarately made it as powerful as possible, knowing it wouldn't be supported in official formats. Its power is a bar that can't be reached, but regardless, with the right ability and stat distribution, GF can make a force of any pokemon. Like you said, it's not always for the better, but in which case, there isn't really anything to complain about.

Hey guys, just bought Alpha Sapphire today and started playing. Does anyone have an Elekid or Electabuzz they'd be willing to trade me?

Am not fussed about its stats, or competitive battling or anything. Electabuzz has just always been my favourite Pokemon, and I want one on my team to play through the story with :)

Thanks!
I can make one for you real quick, with a few special moves if you prefer

Takashi

It's been a while since I've played AS so I just heard about the Eon Ticket code. That reminded me about the HA starters that were supposed to be released. Can you still get those? If so, are their natures/stats locked?

^Your welcome!

It's been a while since I've played AS so I just heard about the Eon Ticket code. That reminded me about the HA starters that were supposed to be released. Can you still get those? If so, are their natures/stats locked?

You can assuming you still have your PokeBank sub. Don't think you can reset for natures though since they are sent straight to your box, but I could be wrong

Which set? The Johto ones or the Unova ones.

The serial codes for the Unova ones still work (and will do for some months).

Takashi

You can assuming you still have your PokeBank sub. Don't think you can reset for natures though since they are sent straight to your box, but I could be wrong

Which set? The Johto ones or the Unova ones.

The serial codes for the Unova ones still work (and will do for some months).

Oh I meant the Unova ones- sorry about that, should've clarified. I wasn't even aware there were Johto ones as well lol. I'm guessing the Johto ones are the ones involving Pokebank?

lupinko

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! And as a welcoming gift from PokeGAF, well more like me, the resident PokeHustler. I can give you a Wishmaker Jirachi and an Ageto Celebi, complementary to make your Hoenn adventure more amusing.

Oh I meant the Unova ones- sorry about that, should've clarified. I wasn't even aware there were Johto ones as well lol. I'm guessing the Johto ones are the ones involving Pokebank?
Yep. The codes for the Unova ones still work and are:
POKEMON497
POKEMON500
POKEMON503

Finally getting back to this after taking a few months off from playing.

Quick question though, are the natures for the Hidden Ability Johto starters random or preset?

StoneFox

Finally getting back to this after taking a few months off from playing.

Quick question though, are the natures for the Hidden Ability Johto starters random or preset?
They are random, you'll either have to soft reset or breed for the ones you want.

edit: although if it's like Celebi then you actually can't soft reset now that I think about it... you'll have to breed for them.

lupinko

They are random, you'll either have to soft reset or breed for the ones you want.

edit: although if it's like Celebi then you actually can't soft reset now that I think about it... you'll have to breed for them.

Iirc it is like Celebi.

But unlike Celebi you can just breed them to get better ones.

They're in regular Pokeballs too and not Cherish balls like the Unova trio.

JoeM86

What happened? They patched the injection exploit?

Yep :)

But real battle enthusiasts used it to get battle ready perfect Pokemon at a much quicker way than SR or chain breeding. You could build a team, much much more quickly.

If they don't wish to play the game properly, they should stick to Showdown.
It is against the rules to use modified Pokémon. It doesn't matter if they are done well enough to not be detected, it's cheating, it's against the rules, it's not fair and it shouldn't be done if you intend to play competitively on Battle Spot or in official competitions. The amount of hacked Pokémon being given on giveaways on Twitch etc. or even through Wonder Trade is horrific and not fair to players who wish to play legitimately.

You can bet that if they could detect every user who used injection or powersaves, their rankings would be expunged (this has happened on the PGL already for those using detectable ones), and they would risk ban from official competitions including Premier Challenges, Regionals, Nationals and the World Championships.

entremet

Yep :)

If they don't wish to play the game properly, they should stick to Showdown.
It is against the rules to use modified Pokémon. It doesn't matter if they are done well enough to not be detected, it's cheating, it's against the rules, it's not fair and it shouldn't be done if you intend to play competitively on Battle Spot or in official competitions.

I can see where you're coming from, but I've been SR for a HP Ice Calm Thundurus for 2 weeks!

Even when I do get it, It won't guarantee the best IVs.

TPC needs to fix this issue with legendaries. SR is a huge pain.

I actually don't mind chain breeding although I am using a Perfect IV Ditto I got from Reddit, which is mostly certainly hacked, but getting decent IV, Nature and HP Legends is way too time consuming.

JoeM86

I can see where you're coming from, but I've been SR for a HP Ice Calm Thundurus for 2 weeks!

Even when I do get it, It won't guarantee the best IVs.

TPC needs to fix this issue with legendaries. SR is a huge pain.

I actually don't mind chain breeding although I am using a Perfect IV Ditto I got from Reddit, which is mostly certainly hacked, but getting decent IV, Nature and HP Legends is way too time consuming.

I disagree. Legendaries are typically overpowered so it should be a rare occurrence to have something that's actually usable. Seen so many instances of people using the exact same Cresselia. Hacking and cloning are what is ruining the competitive area, not soft resetting.

I get how frustrating it can be, but the ends do not justify the means.

Top Bottom