• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Shiny Arceus on a pogo stick... I'd be mad, but I don't have that kind of luck anyway so even if I got one it wouldn't be shiny.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

shinyarceus.png

JoeM86

5.2% chance. You can do it :p

Luckily there's no limit on the amount of codes you can redeem in one game, so if you have ~$200 to spare, get 19 tickets (though I'm unsure if you can receive the same Arceus twice or not)

5.2% chance. You can do it :p

Luckily there's no limit on the amount of codes you can redeem in one game, so if you have ~$200 to spare, get 19 tickets (though I'm unsure if you can receive the same Arceus twice or not)

Anyone want to sponsor? : D
;__;

I assume the codes last for a while? I'll need to double check.

Hopefully I can farm the VGC Pokemon in May and pay for the codes that way. Although I was hoping to use those to barter for the 6 random legendaries, but Shiny Arceus...

JoeM86

Anyone want to sponsor? : D
;__;

I assume the codes last for a while? I'll need to double check.

Hopefully I can farm the VGC Pokemon in May and pay for the codes that way. Although I was hoping to use those to barter for the 6 random legendaries, but Shiny Arceus...

Tickets available with the code until July 17th. Codes redeemable until August 31st

Be warned. There's already a crapload of hacked ones going around, especially on Wonder Trade, which obviously isn't possible with legit ones due to the Wishing Ribbon it holds.

Tickets available with the code until July 17th. Codes redeemable until August 31st

Be warned. There's already a crapload of hacked ones going around, especially on Wonder Trade, which obviously isn't possible with legit ones due to the Wishing Ribbon it holds.

Thanks, I just found out now : )

Yeah, I figured. That's why I want to get the codes instead.

EDIT: Oh, the tickets sell until July? Hmm, hope I can fit in all the trades between end of May and then.

I've been playing Pokémon almost none stop since X and Y was release. Even with that there's still a couple of things I'm not sure.

The only Mega evolution I like and bothered with is Lucario's. After some Website banned it, alot of people I wanted to play with didn't want to bother with me because I used him so I stopped bothering with mega evolution.

Last light my team went up against a legendary team that had 2 Arceus, Groundon, Kyorge, Rayquaza,and a Darkrai. Here's what I'm not sure of..

He sent out his Kyorge and ot automatically Primal evolve before I could choose an action for my Milotic. He quickly recalled the Kyorge and sent out Groundon which Primal evolved before my toxic even launched that same turn.
after I took out his Primal Groundon he rage quit.

Can people legit Primal evolve Two Pokémon in the same battle?

JoeM86

I've been playing Pokémon almost none stop since X and Y was release. Even with that there's still a couple of things I'm not sure.

The only Mega evolution I like and bothered with is Lucario's. After some Website banned it, alot of people I wanted to play with didn't want to bother with me because I used him so I stopped bothering with mega evolution.

Last light my team went up against a legendary team that had 2 Arceus, Groundon, Kyorge, Rayquaza,and a Darkrai. Here's what I'm not sure of..

He sent out his Kyorge and ot automatically Primal evolve before I could choose an action for my Milotic. He quickly recalled the Kyorge and sent out Groundon which Primal evolved before my toxic even launched that same turn.
after I took out his Primal Groundon he rage quit.

Can people legit Primal evolve Two Pokémon in the same battle?
Yeah they can. There's no limits on Primal Reversion

Azuran

Banned
Man, battles get really intense once you reach 1700+:

JFKG-WWWW-WWXY-RFZX
MNLW-WWW-WWXY-RCYL

He's too clutch. No wonder Smogon banned him :p

Yes, I'm having way too much with this team right now lol. pls don't steal kk

pariah164

Okay, so. Legendary Hunting questions. I have a couple. Will spoiler tag in case anyone actually cares:

- I only have Alpha Sapphire, and I know that some legendaries are version exclusive. I know you need sets of legendaries to get the third legendary from a generation (a la needing Palkia and Dialga to get Giratina), so will using the Pokebank to bring over a legendary from an older game work? (Like my Ho-oh from SoulSilver, just as an example.)
- The only legendary I do not have is Groudon (and Shaymin, sob). Is there any non-painful way to get it without buying a copy of Omega Ruby? The GTS is ridiculous as fuck, as always.

Okay, so. Legendary Hunting questions. I have a couple. Will spoiler tag in case anyone actually cares:

- I only have Alpha Sapphire, and I know that some legendaries are version exclusive. I know you need sets of legendaries to get the third legendary from a generation (a la needing Palkia and Dialga to get Giratina), so will using the Pokebank to bring over a legendary from an older game work? (Like my Ho-oh from SoulSilver, just as an example.)
- The only legendary I do not have is Groudon (and Shaymin, sob). Is there any non-painful way to get it without buying a copy of Omega Ruby? The GTS is ridiculous as fuck, as always.

Transferred mons are OK, but you will need ORAS Regis to unlock Regigigas.

Azuran

Banned

- Yup, it does work. They don't need to originate from ORAS.
- Breed some 5IV popular Pokemon, put them up on the GTS and ask for a Groudon. Some people really don't care about cover legendaries and will easily trade them away for competitive Pokemon. I got my Yveltal and Kyogre that way.

pariah164

Transferred mons are OK, but you will need ORAS Regis to unlock Regigigas.
I figured as much. The Regis always were a pain in the ass.

- Breed some 5IV popular Pokemon, put them up on the GTS and ask for a Groudon. Some people really don't care about cover legendaries and will easily trade them away for competitive Pokemon. I got my Yveltal and Kyogre that way.
I know nothing about breeding. I may just put up a trade for it once I catch my second Yveltal in Pokemon Y.

Doesn't work like that.

When you enter the code, you have a random chance of receiving each Arceus. This is set and there's an equal chance between each of the 19 Arceus (18 normal, 1 Shiny). If you get any of the 18 normal ones, they'll never be shiny.

Oooooh I see.

Muku

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

shinyarceus.png

Yessssss. Golden Arceus...

I don't have that kind of money after moving. :( Plus I'd have to send money and coax a friend to do it. But the lack of funds is enough to not be able to do it now. Would be nice to have Arceus with pentagon, but not overly worried since I still have my Arceus from B/W. Shiny would be cool, but still my luck, I'd buy 20 tickets or whatever and still end up with no shiny. :p Though, worried about hacked ones running around. But if anyone actually happens to come across a legit one, I have some stuff that might be interesting to offer. Let me know.

Got my computer up and running here now though (FedEx was only a couple days late due to snow ;_;) so gotta finish up this last Shaymin SR, SR for my trio, then farm a few Fennekin. Probably start my actual save (if they don't throw something else up soon) so I can nab the Eon ticket from my Corocoro code I got a while back. If nothing else guess I can spread the Eon ticket to my other two copies of the games and restart. Which does remind me... if I claim the Eon ticket code and pass the Eon Ticket to my US OR, the US OR has a chance to pass on the ticket too, right? It's not just set to the systems that claimed tickets, correct?

Edit: Scratch that, awesome husband to the rescue.

Gorillaz

tales from the battle maison part 2

cpu used wide guard 4 times in a row...what ever happened to that whole fails if used in succession talk? lol

Should I be happy? I only just started using it XD

Was the Trainers name Tobias?

EDIT:Welp, Mega Metagross avoided a ban from OU by a measly 2.7%. The OU Showdown chat is in flames.

Need to get a MM, never tried it before besides the campaign, but that was a joke.

Smogon sucks.

Could they just wait for a second let things play themselves out at least? It's not even been a year.

I refer to Smogon every once in awhile usually when I need an idea for a general Poke build and I don't know much about that site nor do I care to learn about it.

I'm amazed how much influence that site has over the singles meta game. They make a decision and people I used to connect with would snap and all of a sudden they won't battle because I'm using a Poke that doesn't fall into Smogon teir ranking. I don't blame Smogon at all. I blame myself for not using Pokes I like just to battle against other gamers that follows Smogon teir system.

I'm just going to recreate a team and during the team preview before the battle the other gamer backs out because he follows Smogon teir system and I dont... Fuck'em.. not worth playing with.

StoneFox

I don't use Smogon tiers nor do I follow their silly "bans". (Oh noes Swagger is too OP with Play Rough omg plsnerf)

I don't put Double Team on my pokemon because it's a dick move, not because a website told me not to. Swagger is meant to force switches.

Then again I prefer Doubles and just find it annoying when passerbys I challenge in Singles quit because I used Horn Drill like once for the lulz. Nobody plays fun sets these days, it's all just whatever Smogon says "is best". Back in generation 4 I had a Giga Impacting Delcatty which almost never worked out but it took some people by surprise hahaha

Azuran

Banned
Yeah, I don't think any of my battles will get crazier than this. I should stop playing for a while because there's no way I can top this. I was literally sweating at the end because it was so tense:

6ZPG-WWWW-WWXJ-WBMA

I don't use Smogon tiers nor do I follow their silly "bans". (Oh noes Swagger is too OP with Play Rough omg plsnerf)

I don't put Double Team on my pokemon because it's a dick move, not because a website told me not to. Swagger is meant to force switches.

Then again I prefer Doubles and just find it annoying when passerbys I challenge in Singles quit because I used Horn Drill like once for the lulz. Nobody plays fun sets these days, it's all just whatever Smogon says "is best". Back in generation 4 I had a Giga Impacting Delcatty which almost never worked out but it took some people by surprise hahaha

Smogon tiers are fine when you're using their simulation. However, it does annoy me when people try to translate them to cartridge and don't want to battle with me for fun just because I'm using Talonflame or other banned Pokemon. My Poor Mega Rayquaza will always remain in it's box never to be used :(

JoeM86

Someone on Twitter bought 20 tickets.

You'd think they'd get them all, right? Turns out you can get the same one multiple times after all. He got:

Meadow Plate * 3
Zap Plate * 3
Fist Plate * 2
Pixie Plate * 2
Icicle Plate * 2
Stone Plate * 2
Silk Scarf
Draco Plate
Spooky Plate
Toxic Plate
Sky Plate

He's a bit sad by it. No shiny.

Daemul

The main issue with Smogon is their obsession with stall. They absolutely love it on there and it's why Mega Metagross was put up for suspect testing, since with it's high attack, immunity to toxic and resistance to stealth rocks, it can get around stall. Wait, you thought MegaM was put up for suspect testing because people thought it was OP? LOL! It had nothing to do with that, many of the bans, outside of the obvious legendary bans, have nothing to do with a Pokemon being too OP, it's usually because they can get around stall. It's been like that for years.

If you ever see a Smogon player using phrases like "This Pokemon makes the meta unhealthy" or "This Pokemon makes the meta stale", that's usually another way of them saying, "I can't run full stall like I used to". Every time Gamefreak makes something that makes stall unviable, they try to ban it to protect their unnatural playstyle, a playstyle that really shouldn't exist, and this is coming from me, a Smogon player :p

The main issue with Smogon is their obsession with stall. They absolutely love it on there and it's why Mega Metagross was put up for suspect testing, since with it's high attack, immunity to toxic and resistance to stealth rocks, it can get around stall. Wait, you thought MegaM was put up for suspect testing because people thought it was OP? LOL! It had nothing to do with that, many of the bans, outside of the obvious legendary bans, have nothing to do with a Pokemon being too OP, it's usually because they can get around stall. It's been like that for years.

If you ever see a Smogon player using phrases like "This Pokemon makes the meta unhealthy" or "This Pokemon makes the meta stale", that's usually another way of them saying, "I can't run full stall like I used to". Every time Gamefreak makes something that makes stall unviable, they try to ban it to protect their unnatural playstyle, a playstyle that really shouldn't exist, and this is coming from me, a Smogon player :p

Smogon doesn't have a bias for stall. Most of them seem to hate facing it, and strong stall mons (like Chansey) are downplayed whenever possible to discourage people.

But they usually ban anything that threatens a certain play style. Greninja was banned because it wrecks hyper offense teams for example.

Smogon tiers are fine when you're using their simulation. However, it does annoy me when people try to translate them to cartridge and don't want to battle with me for fun just because I'm using Talonflame or other banned Pokemon. My Poor Mega Rayquaza will always remain in it's box never to be used :(
Enter the Dragon Type Online Competition is beckoning.

Speaking of which. The Arceus event reminds me once again how crazy this will be. The fact it is anything goes means dragons might want to stay at home with things like Pixie plate Arceus and Mega Diancie running amok (how ironic that Enter the Dragon Type could be dominated by anything but Dragons), neither of which have, yay :( . Maybe I underestimate the abilities of Life orb mega Rayquaza a little though.

As for going insane there is always Darkrai and its apprentice Smeargle hauling Dark void around to worry about too.

But one little technicality in the rules. The mandatory Dragon type includes Pokemon which mega evolve into one, in other words Sceptile and Ampharos count. I assume you must have the stone on them though. If not you can be cheeky and have Charizard-Y as the dragon.

I refer to Smogon every once in awhile usually when I need an idea for a general Poke build and I don't know much about that site nor do I care to learn about it.
I also like to look at PGL although it can be inaccurate for unpopular Pokemon (as in unskilled players only use these so movesets might not be up to par, you might also see ideas you never thought of or harsh realities like the most reliable KOing move for Seaking being Horn Drill). It also allows you to filter by format which is a key thing as sets can be completely different. One thing I was ignorant about was Kangaskarn for example, it runs Earthquake all the time in singles but never in doubles.

Also EV spreads on Smogon are designed for level 100 instead of level 50. IIRC HP doesn't scale linearly which is why it is important if you play Battle spot to do calculations at level 50.

Muku

Someone on Twitter bought 20 tickets.

You'd think they'd get them all, right? Turns out you can get the same one multiple times after all. He got:

Meadow Plate * 3
Zap Plate * 3
Fist Plate * 2
Pixie Plate * 2
Icicle Plate * 2
Stone Plate * 2
Silk Scarf
Draco Plate
Spooky Plate
Toxic Plate
Sky Plate

He's a bit sad by it. No shiny.

See, that's the kind of luck I'd have. Though I'm not surprised you don't get one of everything. GF wants to make sure you have a ton of those ones you don't want. I guess at least he has trade ait? :p

If I were to use a Corocoro Eon ticket code and then transfer the ticket to my US AS, that game an continue to pass it, right? It's not just whoever claimed the ticket initially, is that correct?

Shiny Arceus looks baller. Wish I could get my hands on one.

On a break from playing, though. Playing the DS at night just wasn't very good to my sleep cycle, and it's already fucked up to begin with.

See, that's the kind of luck I'd have. Though I'm not surprised you don't get one of everything. GF wants to make sure you have a ton of those ones you don't want. I guess at least he has trade ait? :p

If I were to use a Corocoro Eon ticket code and then transfer the ticket to my US AS, that game an continue to pass it, right? It's not just whoever claimed the ticket initially, is that correct?

The Eon Ticket spreads, so you should be OK. Just make sure you have the Eon Ticket on all your game files before wiping any files : )

Muku

The Eon Ticket spreads, so you should be OK. Just make sure you have the Eon Ticket on all your game files before wiping any files : )

Sweet so it's like a plague despite not having original on your game, haha. Just wanted to make sure before I do anything crazy. I want to redeem my codes before I lose track o time and they expire. Thinking of starting up a save file in JPN AS that will be my play through, but wanted to make sure I had a way out without losing the ticket should another generic code thing pop up. Thank you. :D

Hey guys. I just bought my copy last night and i think i figured out the team i wana run through the game with. As usual...most of them cant be gotten until after the E4.

Im looking for these pokes:

Dragon dance bagon
Hidden ability torchic
Shadow sneak aegislah (first form)
Hidden ability abra.

I know im essentially asking for freebies but as the game has been out for quite some time i figured this wouldnt be a big deal. Advantegous natures and iv are always nice but its more of an ocd thing than a competitive battling thing. I just like a nice powerful squad.

My final in game team will look something like this:

Swampert
Blaziken
Magnezone
Alakazam
Salamence
Aegislash

I dont have the fc or anytbing yet but if you could set them aside, i can always pm you my details later.

Edit: how soon can i start trading in game anyway? After the firdt badge?

Edit2: i just read up on magnezones hidden ability. Anybody got an analytic magnemite?

Muku

Hey guys. I just bought my copy last night and i think i figured out the team i wana run through the game with. As usual...most of them cant be gotten until after the E4.

Dragon dance bagon
Hidden ability torchic
Hidden ability abra.

I know im essentially asking for freebies but as the game has been out for quite some time i figured this wouldnt be a big deal. Advantegous natures and iv are always nice but its more of an ocd thing than a competitive battling thing. I just like a nice powerful squad.

Swampert
Blaziken
Magnezone
Alakazam
Salamence
Aegislash

I dont have the fc or anytbing yet but if you could set them aside, i can always pm you my details later.

Don't even need first badge. When you go to town where your dad is and help Wally, at end of that you'll get the PSS.

entremet

Yeah, I don't think any of my battles will get crazier than this. I should stop playing for a while because there's no way I can top this. I was literally sweating at the end because it was so tense:

6ZPG-WWWW-WWXJ-WBMA

Basically.

I don't mind if people agree to play Smogon rules amongst themselves, but that should not affect Battle Spot, which it what it does.

ngower

Does anyone here have a Ghastly/Haunter they'd be willing to trade to my ORAS game? It can just be one caught in the wild, I don't mind. I didn't realize they weren't in the game.

Firestorm

Smogon doesn't have a bias for stall. Most of them seem to hate facing it, and strong stall mons (like Chansey) are downplayed whenever possible to discourage people.

But they usually ban anything that threatens a certain play style. Greninja was banned because it wrecks hyper offense teams for example.
Daemul is correct for the most part. The ones who make policy decisions on Smogon have been biased towards stall for a long time.

Muku

Just went and got my Pokebank HA starters, and wow. Could my poor Meganium get much worse?

2 - 3 / 15 / 6 - 7 / 8 - 9 / 2 - 3 / 10 - 11

Gorillaz

6ZPG-WWWW-WWXJ-WBMA

wow brave bird came in clutch for you last min,pretty good match, I feel like my biggest problem right now is predicting what will come next from my opponent and sometimes out thinking it.

tales from the battle maison part 2

cpu used wide guard 4 times in a row...what ever happened to that whole fails if used in succession talk? lol
Late reply but WG can be used consecutively. Think it's the only protection move that can

Dragon dance bagon
Hidden ability torchic
Hidden ability abra.

Swampert
Blaziken
Magnezone
Alakazam
Salamence
Aegislash

Edit2: i just read up on magnezones hidden ability. Anybody got an analytic magnemite?
If you still need them I can help with most of those

DaBoss

To add on, Quick Guard and Wide Guard add to the "failure counter" for Protect/Detect/Spiky Shield/King's Shield and Endure. So those latter moves would have a higher chance of failing if you use Quick Guard or Wide Guard before.
Anyone? Did I just lose my chance at Deoxys?
Beat the Elite 4 to make it respawn.
Does anyone here have a Ghastly/Haunter they'd be willing to trade to my ORAS game? It can just be one caught in the wild, I don't mind. I didn't realize they weren't in the game.
Have you checked GTS? If not, try checking there. If there is no reasonable trade there, Just post when you become available for trading.

Carl7

Dragon dance bagon
Hidden ability torchic
Hidden ability abra.

Swampert
Blaziken
Magnezone
Alakazam
Salamence
Aegislash

I can give you the Abra and the Torchic:
- 5 iv HA Abra, HP ice.
-5 iv HA Torchic

My friend code:
FC 2DS: 5386-9221-3755

Top Bottom