• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
Guess Serena's Fennekin only comes in the Hardy variety?

It now makes sense even with Serena/Shauna:

Currently playing though Pokemon XY. I got to the fireworks scene with Shauna, and I was like "Wut?". Then I got given the Protect TM afterwards....

yzy4yqoh.gif

Nintendo pls...I don't wanna go to jail....

I'm sorry...

Firestorm

I'm 0 for 2 against Mega Lopunny :(
Doesn't Delta Stream already overwrite other weathers? Seems like its just plain better than Air Lock.
Yeah, as far as I know there's no benefit to not Mega Evolving Raquaza outside of having another Mega to use instead?

The big ones you can actually fake people out effectively with is Salamence or Mega Charizard X over Y. Gengar is another but at this point it's usually more likely not Mega unlike Salamence which everyone seems to be using for the Mega even though both formes are good. I think part of it is that it's being splashed on teams that don't need a Mega otherwise. The legendaries allow for more choice of high base stat Pokemon making teams more flexible than taking one of the few great Megas.

Of course, surprise tactics are not very helpful in a Best of 3 and often not even in later Swiss rounds.

Azuran

Banned
Just looked up what that is. Damn, now I miss playing doubles, always loved Arcanine and seeing him destroy things looked nice.

Arcanine is awesome right now in Doubles. Fire is an amazing defensive type with Hyper Voice Sylveon running around thinking she owns the place. And he also laughs at Landorus with his own Intimidate. He ain't getting OHKO by anything.

I bred one a week ago to use him but I haven't been able to slot him in a team so far. So sad :(

Arcanine is awesome right now in Doubles. Fire is an amazing defensive type with Hyper Voice Sylveon running around thinking she owns the place. And he also laughs at Landorus with his own Intimidate. He ain't getting OHKO by anything.

I bred one a week ago to use him but I haven't been able to slot him in a team so far. So sad :(

I got one Growlithe from Wonder Trade ages ago, Adamant with 5 IV, only missing DEF, unfortunately. It had Close Combat, Crunch, Flare Blitz and Heat Wave as egg moves. Someday I might bred him again for a perfect one.

pariah164

(Legendary location spoilers.)

I wish it told you when you captured a Pokemon; Uxie is not appearing at the Nameless Cavern, and I could swear it's been 12 hours since I caught Mesprit. Guess I'll go catch Lugia while I wait.

Syntsui

Just saw this Arcanine strategy you talking about, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

(Legendary location spoilers.)

I wish it told you when you captured a Pokemon; Uxie is not appearing at the Nameless Cavern, and I could swear it's been 12 hours since I caught Mesprit. Guess I'll go catch Lugia while I wait.
I thought the game did
When you enter a portal area if a legendary is there a string of text will appear. If you caught Mesprit and just waited at the portal you won't find Uxie because you are still in the Mesprit map if that makes sense. The thing is a savior with the Johto legendaries and their 20 minute windows.

noomi

Can anyone explain to me about exp share. I just got it yesterday, and looking at it in the items menu I see an option for register and then deselect, no idea what this does?

backlot

Can anyone explain to me about exp share. I just got it yesterday, and looking at it in the items menu I see an option for register and then deselect, no idea what this does?

If you register it and press Y you can toggle the EXP Share on and off. You can register up to four key items and then use the Y button and D-Pad to select which on you want to use. It's pretty useful for things like the Bike and Itemfinder. Deselect unregisters it from the Y button.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does anyone know how long I can wait to renew my PokeBank until my Pokemon get deleted? I haven't played in a bit, so I'm only going to renew when I start playing again and actually need it.

noomi

If you register it and press Y you can toggle the EXP Share on and off. You can register up to four key items and then use the Y button and D-Pad to select which on you want to use. It's pretty useful for things like the Bike and Itemfinder. Deselect unregisters it from the Y button.

Oh wow that's great to know, they didn't explain this in-game at all haha. Thanks for explaining, definitely useful.

Muku

Around a year from the looks, but we don't have set details

Wow, is that what the leeway time zone is looking like at the moment?

I still wouldn't trust my Pokemon to that kind of fate though. It's only $5 a year. Even if I don't play for a year I feel the money to keep my Pokemon is worth it. Though if you don't have a whole lot, you could withdraw them in mean time if worried.

pariah164

I thought the game did
When you enter a portal area if a legendary is there a string of text will appear. If you caught Mesprit and just waited at the portal you won't find Uxie because you are still in the Mesprit map if that makes sense. The thing is a savior with the Johto legendaries and their 20 minute windows.
I know that; I make a point to leave and go elsewhere in the game after every capture, so the fact Uxie hasn't spawned yet makes me a little confused; I swear, it's been more than 12 hours.

Hi Pokemon GAF. This isn't exactly related to ORAS but I'm selling my art at an anime convention and I'm primarily interested in focusing on Pokemon. If you were to buy Pokemon prints, what would you want the prints to feature? Starters? Villains? Trainers? Eevees? I'd love some suggestions!

PC New Plushies and Hoopa Hype.

nVIeg64l.jpg

Goddamnit I need them all.

Hi Pokemon GAF. This isn't exactly related to ORAS but I'm selling my art at an anime convention and I'm primarily interested in focusing on Pokemon. If you were to buy Pokemon prints, what would you want the prints to feature? Starters? Villains? Trainers? Eevees? I'd love some suggestions!

What I would like: Villains, legendaries, game characters (I mean Red, Gold, Silver, Brendan, May, Crystal, etc).

Firestorm

Found round trip tickets from Vancouver to Indianapolis for $515 CAD and jumped on it since I know it rarely goes below $550. If you'll be at US Nationals I'll see you there :)

JoeM86

Speaking of Rayray, my Japanese 3DS has been fully pimped out. Now 7 Pokémon themes on rotation

Mega Rayquaza
B_zPbjWXEAALtye.png
B_zPbo-W8AAKCzM.png

Pokémon Mate
B_zPbjPXEAAbGS3.png

Pokémon Hanafuda
B_zPblKWQAA5Iol.png

Quick question...

Can I SR for a shiny rayquaza if I save right before battling him? I don't want to go thru Zinnia's monologue every time, but I also don't know if rayquaza is shiny-locked.

Finally picked up Omega Ruby on the weekend - just landed at Slateport! Trying so hard not to be a perfectionist this time and just enjoy the adventure... will see how far that lasts! Is there more post-game content than previous iteration of RSE and X/Y? Was a bit disappointed with the end game in X/Y.

Lucky enough to pick up the Eon ticket already too, bonus of living in a big city i guess!

JoeM86

Finally picked up Omega Ruby on the weekend - just landed at Slateport! Trying so hard not to be a perfectionist this time and just enjoy the adventure... will see how far that lasts! Is there more post-game content than previous iteration of RSE and X/Y? Was a bit disappointed with the end game in X/Y.

Lucky enough to pick up the Eon ticket already too, bonus of living in a big city i guess!

More than RS, a bit more story post-game than XY but about the same otherwise.

Muku

That Rayray theme and the Hanafuda theme are pretty awesome. Are there any good Pokemon themes for the US? I haven't looked at themes in forever because... well they were shit the last time I saw.

Looking at those plushies, makes me sad because I see Lugia is there too. I wanted one of those forever while there, but never saw any when I went.

JoeM86

That Rayray theme and the Hanafuda theme are pretty awesome. Are there any good Pokemon themes for the US? I haven't looked at themes in forever because... well they were shit the last time I saw.

Looking at those plushies, makes me sad because I see Lugia is there too. I wanted one of those forever while there, but never saw any when I went.

Just these four right now

primal.jpg
pikachu.jpg
slowpoke.jpg
lotsofpikachu.jpg

I have all 7 on rotation :D

Muku

Oh damn. The Pikachu ones are adorable! >_> Might have to get one later today LOL. Slowpoke one is pretty cool too. Did that come out around the time they released that reggae track? Because seeing Slowpoke like that makes me think of that video.

My current one is the Slowpoke theme. The "yah" every time you move can be tiring, but the music is fun. I would probably change to the Hanafuda or Pokemon Mate if they ever come here though.

AsianOni

Hahaha.. OMG, that is so awesome. Though when Ryo said the "Yah" I figured it was. I could see that getting annoying, haha. Oh god that one is so tempting too. These things run about $5 a pop yeah?

More like $1.99.

I bought it when I received my n3DSXL, totally worth it!

Top Bottom