• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Gorillaz

I mainly picked Milotic but I always liked that sick look since the original RS. I had one sitting for awhile until Auzran reminded me of the competitive trait awhile back. I already liked it so now I had an excuse to use it.

Side note I'm messing around with this battle recorder thing. Holy shit I did not know you could add other peoples battles and even have rematches/mock battles with old pokemon you battled on battle spot or else where. This is actually a pretty cool concept.

It's ashame I remember seeing a sejun park battle spot vid youtube on my related vids awhile back (dude that won at worlds) and thought I could do a mock battle with his team that he used to win the Korean Nationals. Unforunately not since there are no letter tags for it:p

Daemul

Hey everyone...

So last night I decided to try out the omega/alpha demo on my new 3ds.... Admittedly this was my first time playing a pokemon game...ever......

I actually enjoyed quite a bit it for what it was, and it left me wanting more.

Now as someone who had never played a pokemon game in his life, is omega ruby a good starting point for me? Should I try the X/Y games first?

I feel a bit lost.

If you think you'll enjoy ORAS then go for it, but I would advise playing the 5th Generation games, BW and BW2, first. They serve as a sort of reboot, with many new Pokemon being released, and they have the best plot and best post game in the series, so you wouldn't go wrong playing them first.

I expect generation 5 to be screwed over Mega-wise again in the next game. *sigh* I'm also going to guess that none of my favourite Pokemon will get Megas again.

The 5th Gen already got screwed over with GF making Audino it's first mega representative. Fucking Audino.

Hey you got Mega Audino, ain't that nice?

:D

EbtsywJ.gif

If the very idea of Mega Audino wasn't so humorous, I would be getting really mad.

Yeah, out of all of the Pokemon in gen 5, the one I slaughtered for EXP was at the top of my list.

Audino...the single choice for a Mega Evolution. Mind boggling...

Now I'm getting mad. Fuck Audino, GF are having a laugh.
LLShC.gif

Of all the Pokemon to choose from....

I'm still learning Japanese, but it looks like your save file's broken.

Hmm. I suspected that might be it. Kinda weird that my North American cart spits Japanese errors, though.

I reckon it has something to do with me tinkering around in the firmware to enable some homebrew toys. Hopefully it can recover if I revert. I'd hate for my save to be for reals busted.

Hmm. I suspected that might be it. Kinda weird that my North American cart spits Japanese errors, though.

I reckon it has something to do with me tinkering around in the firmware to enable some homebrew toys. Hopefully it can recover if I revert. I'd hate for my save to be for reals busted.
:( Good luck! Hope you can recover it.

Azuran

Banned
I just want all of you to know to never give up no matter what:

N3YG-WWWW-WWXY-AF6C

Okay, that's enough videos of MVP Milotic for one day :p

Carl7

I'm happy they patched the QR code input, i think Nintendo should consider revamping the IV mechanics but, until then, hackers should stay on showdown with their defog hp fire Lati.

Rutger

Banned
I just want all of you to know to never give up no matter what:

N3YG-WWWW-WWXY-AF6C

Okay, that's enough videos of MVP Milotic for one day :p

I haven't messed with the Vs. Recorder before today. This is pretty nice, I'm glad the replays are speedy with the animations turned off even though online battles wont let me. Still, it could use some more search options. I'll have to save more videos from now on.

Good job on making it through that, that's not a situation I want to find myself in.

Milotic looks good, but I'm not switching, Suicune's Tailwind has got me through so many uphill battles.

pariah164

... Huh.

> Realized yesterday that I missed out on guaranteed Eon Ticket
> Despair
> Go out today with 3DS on
> See I got a little green dot on my AS logo
> Boot up game
> Get notice for Eon Ticket received

giphy.gif

Thank you, based Pokégods. And also, thank you to whoever mysterious stranger at the Chick-Fil-A was Streetpassing Eon Tickets.

Firestorm

Thank you, based Pokégods. And also, thank you to whoever mysterious stranger at the Chick-Fil-A was Streetpassing Eon Tickets.

I really wish it told you when someone got an Eon Ticket from you. Maybe even an additional counter showing you how many people that Eon Ticket had gone to (via Global Link syncs). Would have been a really cool way of expanding the concept. Eon Ticket was a really cool distribution but there's so much more that could have been done...

JoeM86

Eon Ticket was one weekend only event?

The serial code was, yeah. The idea is for it to spread through StreetPass and they didn't want to totally usurp that. Instead, they gave it an extra boost into the market with this one weekend only event.

CassSept

The serial code was, yeah. The idea is for it to spread through StreetPass and they didn't want to totally usurp that. Instead, they gave it an extra boost into the market with this one weekend only event.

Bah, sucks for countries in which nobody owns Nintendo consoles :/

Thank sinking feeling when you breed a batch of 25 eggs and start to hatch them and notice the natures are all wrong because you forgot the everstone.

Edit: ...and one TWO of them is Shiny. Why game, why?

It's ashame I remember seeing a sejun park battle spot vid youtube on my related vids awhile back (dude that won at worlds) and thought I could do a mock battle with his team that he used to win the Korean Nationals. Unforunately not since there are no letter tags for it:p
From what I rememberer even if you did have a code players can only have 10 videos uploaded so that wouldn't guarantee anything.

I understand in prior gens there were more public videos as in your could search for replays using Magikarp, say.

The problem here was cartridges games after a certain firmware started encrypting saves (I think they even changed this a few times) and you were playing on an older firmware, hence save not loading.

Bah, sucks for countries in which nobody owns Nintendo consoles :/
Homepass is a real savior for such places although it is also possible to not own the hardware required (a wireless access point you can both rename the SSID and change its MAC address)

Pokemon Yellow remake please.

It's sad that kids today don't have the chance to be like Ash. That was like...one of the greatest moments of my childhood. Would've been better if Ash actually kept Butterfree in his roster, but meh.

JoeM86

Whatever the next game is, we know it'll focus on Zygarde due to the currently un-used moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, and there's a reason Zygarde hasn't been in a movie yet, afterall. Chances are 2016 game, focused on Zygarde, with movie also having Zygarde, whatever new forms/Megas it gets, and a certain Mythical Pokémon.

Hegarol

Whatever the next game is, we know it'll focus on Zygarde due to the currently un-used moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, and there's a reason Zygarde hasn't been in a movie yet, afterall. Chances are 2016 game, focused on Zygarde, with movie also having Zygarde, whatever new forms/Megas it gets, and a certain Mythical Pokémon.
What about the 20th birthday? I really hope they are preparing something special other than the third version of Gen VI.

JoeM86

It'll be interesting to see how that would work considering we've all already caught Zygarde...

It's no different to Kyurem. We all already caught Kyurem, but that got two new forms with the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, which were already coded in Black & White but unavailable.

What about the 20th birthday? I really hope they are preparing something special other than the third version of Gen VI.

Have a bit of faith. They're unlikely to let the 20th go by without making a huge fuss.

Rutger

Banned
Losing a fight because Rock Slide misses a Charizard, allowing it to KO my Terrakion(who would have been an unstoppable monster thanks to Weavile's Beat Up) with a Solar Beam in the first turn is the worst. D:

I can't imagine how frustrating something like this would be if it happened in a tournament.

backlot

Losing a fight because Rock Slide misses a Charizard, allowing it to KO my Terrakion(who would have been an unstoppable monster thanks to Weavile's Beat Up) with a Solar Beam in the first turn is the worst. D:

I can't imagine how frustrating something like this would be if it happened in a tournament.

I've lost matches due to Charizard missing Heat Waves and Overheats. 90% accuracy moves are the worst. I try to not let matches come down to having to rely on them.

Rutger

Banned
I've lost matches due to Charizard missing Heat Waves and Overheats. 90% accuracy moves are the worst. I try to not let matches come down to having to rely on them.

Yeah, I try not to rely on 90% accuracy moves for KOs too much, but when my opponent leads with Tallonflame & Charizard, how could I not Rock Slide. D:

The fact that I was able to get him down to just the Charizard left before losing makes it all the more painful.

Oh well, it happens. Rock Slide is still stupidly good with that flinch chance.

Oswen

XY2 with massive fanservice and references from all the previous games in the series.

It worked for Skyward Sword.

XY2 to be a prequel confirmed, it will be set during the ancient war and will spawn multiple timelines.

Oh, since pokeballs didn't exists pokemon will always follow you on screen, all six of them...people loved that feature in Y/HG/SS anyway, what could go wrong?

I mention this before in this thread. If a move isn't 100% accurate, it will miss 50% of the time, even higher when it's the decisive blow

DaBoss

I mention this before in this thread. If a move isn't 100% accurate, it will miss 50% of the time, even higher when it's the decisive blow
I wonder what the RNG is like at these moments lol.

But there are times where RNG is completely in your favor. When I was testing my team on Showdown, I was in a situation that I needed a flinch to win. But then I got a double flinch. Probably one of the most luckiest I've been in Pokemon. Though that was only on Showdown lol.

I guess there's this in the actual game: https://vine.co/v/OgXF9KhUg37

Needed a crit to kill and got one.

Gorillaz

so when it comes to Pokemon Showdown why is it considered not a good 1:1 to the metagame itself? is it because it's not accurate in terms of RNG and damage given/taken

DaBoss

so when it comes to Pokemon Showdown why is it considered not a good 1:1 to the metagame itself? is it because it's not accurate in terms of RNG and damage given/taken
Oh, I just think playing the actual game itself is better just cause it is the real deal.

I'm pretty sure Showdown is as close to accurate as possible.

backlot

It really depends on which metagame you're talking about. If you're playing a Smogon format then Showdown is the metagame because they don't really do cartridge play.

If you're trying to do a Battlespot format on Showdown you'll probably realize that most people there just use it as a testing grounds for strange or gimmicky ideas when they don't want to risk dropping their in game rating. Because of that you'll see a lot of things you wouldn't usually see if you were just playing the real Battlespot.

JoeM86

So JGAF, who has the Pokeballs to SR for this one?

Doesn't work like that.

When you enter the code, you have a random chance of receiving each Arceus. This is set and there's an equal chance between each of the 19 Arceus (18 normal, 1 Shiny). If you get any of the 18 normal ones, they'll never be shiny.

Azuran

Banned
You guys should know the drill by now. Time to guess who was today's MVP!

3S2W-WWWW-WWXY-LPAV

Virizion because I'm pretty sure he won a speed tie with Terrakion. GOAT :p

Top Bottom