• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ridiculously late to the party, but after putting it aside for a while (and finally beating the Elite Four in SoulSilver) I finally came back to AS and my god it is awesome to soar through the skies in Hoenn. Game Freak redeemed.

Muku

Saw and caught my first shiny ever. Not counting in game Shiny prize pokemon--Red Gyarados, etc.

It was a Wurmple :/

Congrats! A shiny is a shiny. :) My first one in the wild was a Flabebe. That was disappointing too. I'd never had known it was shiny if I didn't catch beginning part of combat either.

entremet

New Mauville...is that post E4?

Edit: yeah. It looks like its available late game. I was hoping to get one before that.

I can catch you one. My FC is on my profile. Just let me know when you're available. I'll be gone most of the day soon, but will be in around 11PM EDT.

entremet

Are you gonna catch an analytic one or just a normal one?

Edit: if you are just pm me when youre available.

I'll get you the HA one. That's what you wanted, correct?

Also to get Magnetzone, you'l need to level it up at New Mauville. Just keep a spare Rare Candy for once you have access to New Mauville, so it's easier.

I'll get you the HA one. That's what you wanted, correct?

Also to get Magnetzone, you'l need to level it up at New Mauville. Just keep a spare Rare Candy for once you have access to New Mauville, so it's easier.

Sounds good. Do you mind hunting for a timid one? I know i dont play competitively but im still ocd about natures. At the very least i would hate to get one with -sp atk lol.

Muku

I'm debating about evolving it or not. I won't know what I get until the second stage evolution.

Depends. Do you like a later evolution version of the shiny? Are you working on a shiny dex?

Plus with Wurmple, you should know by time you get to 1st stage evolution, right? Cascoon with "pretty" eyes (LOL don't know best way to describe it) always evoluves to Beautifly, correct? Even then, save before you go through process and quickly evolve it. Thankfully one of the early evolving ones.

Daemul

"Mega Metagross didn't get banned? Screw it, time for Plan B: let's just get rid of all them altogether"

giphy.gif

:p

It's not really banning, it's just an experimental OU ladder with no megas, the normal OU ladder with mega's is still there. What the experimental no mega OU ladder will do is allow us to see what negative or postive effects, if any, the mega's have on the OU tier.

entremet

Depends. Do you like a later evolution version of the shiny? Are you working on a shiny dex?

Plus with Wurmple, you should know by time you get to 1st stage evolution, right? Cascoon with "pretty" eyes (LOL don't know best way to describe it) always evoluves to Beautifly, correct? Even then, save before you go through process and quickly evolve it. Thankfully one of the early evolving ones.

Oh I couldn't do a Shiny Dex lol. That would drive me insane lol. I know your'e doing one, so good luck to you with that.

I'm already going for Living Dex and maybe get all the Berries. That's enough for me haha.

Muku

Oh I couldn't do a Shiny Dex lol. That would drive me insane lol. I know your'e doing one, so good luck to you with that.

I'm already going for Living Dex and maybe get all the Berries. That's enough for me haha.

Haha yeah. Well, I'm just taking it as I go. It's been months since I've gotten a shiny, but not really actively looking for it. Been working on farming events and stuff. And gotta get back to shiny SRing in AS. :( Dumb Latias. I figure one day I'll get it completed. Was glad to get a legit Shiny Rayquaza in January though. Okay so maybe it's not been as long as I thought, haha. Forgot about that event.

I've not bothered with berries, though it's probably a good idea at some point. One day. How goes your living Dex?

entremet

Haha yeah. Well, I'm just taking it as I go. It's been months since I've gotten a shiny, but not really actively looking for it. Been working on farming events and stuff. And gotta get back to shiny SRing in AS. :( Dumb Latias. I figure one day I'll get it completed. Was glad to get a legit Shiny Rayquaza in January though. Okay so maybe it's not been as long as I thought, haha. Forgot about that event.

I've not bothered with berries, though it's probably a good idea at some point. One day. How goes your living Dex?
I'm at 630. Around the Unova Dex. So almost there.

Daemul

Holy shit, Pokemon X & Y has some really obscure references to previous games. I just found this random NPC in Shalour who said, "So I know this Hiker who really likes Ferris Wheels. It looks like he finally found love...", which is a reference to the gay Hiker Andy in BW and BW2, who you can ride the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City with in the summer time as Hilbert in BW and in the autumn time as Rosa in BW2.

The amount of references to previous generations in this game is insane.

Congrats!

That was adorable. Congrats!

This is awesome.

Congrats dude!

That was amazing! Congrats, man!

That's fantastic. Congratulations!

This is incredible! Really charming and funny. Congratulations to you and your wife. :D

Hahaha, awesome! Congrats!

Does anyone have a hidden ability Skrelp they can trade me?

Congrats man, and I hope GAF gifts I sent you help in your poke ventures.

Congratulations!

Late, but congrats man!

Wow, thanks guys! I appreciate all the well wishes. We're pretty excited about it.

Also, I meant to post this and never did, but thank you SO much to Lupinko for the prizes he sent me for winning the NeoGaf tournament. I've wanted a genuine Mew for forever and now I have a shiny blue one!! Pure awesomeness.

RomanceDawn

Anyone with a hidden ability Skrelp? I have hidden abilities for so many great Pokemon as well as perfect babies just waiting to be trained. Anyone?

lupinko

Is there anyway to clear Nintendo Zone data? I took my NA XL and JP N3DS to 7-11 and got two codes of these.

KJGrWhgl.jpg

I'll still go to the Pokemon Center and Daiei and other stores for codes but 7-11 is so much better. The code doesn't work on NA games, but it does let you get the Nintendo Zone page.

I still have XY LL to use too. For JP games I got 6.

JoeM86

Is there anyway to clear Nintendo Zone data? I took my NA XL and JP N3DS to 7-11 and got two codes of these.

KJGrWhgl.jpg

I'll still go to the Pokemon Center and Daiei and other stores for codes but 7-11 is so much better. The code doesn't work on NA games, but it does let you get the Nintendo Zone page.

I still have XY LL to use too. For JP games I got 6.

From what I can see here, feel free to correct me as I am probably not as good as you at Japanese, you can get 1 code per day per console from 7-11
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/kurorayquaza/present.html
※セブン‐イレブンでのシリアルコードは、ニンテンドー3DSシリーズ本体1台につき、1日1回のみの発行となりますので、あらかじめご注意ください。

Cheeky question: Don't suppose you could grab me a code? Obviously fine if not but would be nice to get the Wonder Card and Shiny Rayquaza on my game. Plus I can finally soft reset for a decent Rayquaza :) Absolutely no worries at all if not. I realise they're such a hassle to get.

lupinko

From what I can see here, feel free to correct me as I am probably not as good as you at Japanese, you can get 1 code per day per console from 7-11
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/kurorayquaza/present.html

Cheeky question: Don't suppose you could grab me a code? Obviously fine if not but would be nice to get the Wonder Card and Shiny Rayquaza on my game. Plus I can finally soft reset for a decent Rayquaza :) Absolutely no worries at all if not. I realise they're such a hassle to get.

I'll grab ya a code. I have a 7-11 in front of my apartment, that's why I asked, rather going to various stores on different days to get them.

I'll also grab you a Hoopa when the movie is out.

JoeM86

I'll grab ya a code. I have a 7-11 in front of my apartment, that's why I asked, rather going to various stores on different days to get them.

I'll also grab you a Hoopa when the movie is out.

You're a star. Thanks :)

Edit: Special thanks to lupinko :D
CAIqa93W8AAH3L8.png:orig
CAIqbIkWcAAdAFr.png:orig

Anyone with a hidden ability Skrelp? I have hidden abilities for so many great Pokemon as well as perfect babies just waiting to be trained. Anyone?
Checking my PC I do have a spare I received in a WT in one of my boxes. No egg moves though.

I literally need nothing at all (I just finished a breeding Pokedex; like a living Pokedex but smaller and missing things that can't breed).

As for delivery method I don't know your time and always found the whole add FC and wait thing a hassle so we could try GTS though that does risk being sniped (which could in turn get the HA skrelp you want, requesting a female level 1-10 will help lower that risk a little bit).

I wonder if sending Pokemon directly will become a thing in Gen VII?

lupinko

Anything I can offer for a code/redeem of a code? :)

Probably not, but these codes are only for Japanese region console and games. Unless you have a JP region copy, I doubt it would work on PAL region, it doesn't work on NA games which I already tried.

But if you do have a Japanese game, then maybe, but I usually trade only for gen 6 events.

Muku

You're a star. Thanks :)

Edit: Special thanks to lupinko :D
CAIqa93W8AAH3L8.png:orig
CAIqbIkWcAAdAFr.png:orig

Look at dat sexy thing!

Figures they'd start this more accessible Shiny Rayquaza after I'm gone. >_< Would make lots of good trade bait. Would be hitting up several places a day, LOL.

lupinko

I don't have a JP 3DS but I am sure someone will redeem it for me.

I have a spare Electabuzz from the PAL Gen VI distribution if you are interested.

Ah, well I already have said PAL Electabuzz (and Magmar).

I think I have a majority of the gen 6 global events actually. Lol

Top Bottom