• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
Just these four right now

lotsofpikachu.jpg

I still haven't been able to find the female Pikachu. I'm starting to believe it's a lie and the store just wants me to stare at that background for hours.

Muku

Hmmm. I can't say I like the way Nintendo has the theme stuff. I wish you could either preview it on your 3DS or at least check out the music in a theme without having to go to YouTube for it.

Thought about the Pikachu party theme, but it's so busy. :( Little too busy for me. The sleeping Pikachu one is adorable but I kind of have fallen in love with the Hanafuda one... maybe I'll wait for it to never come. :(

KidDork

Thought about the Pikachu party theme, but it's so busy. :( Little too busy for me. The sleeping Pikachu one is adorable but I kind of have fallen in love with the Hanafuda one... maybe I'll wait for it to never come. :(

I went with the sleeping Pikachu and love it. The Pikachu party theme just looks like a visual, gleeful shriek.

Muku

I went with the sleeping Pikachu and love it. The Pikachu party theme just looks like a visual, gleeful shriek.

I might cave in on the sleeping Pikachu one. Tired of just a solid background theme. Though having a black background has been nice. Easier on the eyes than the default one was. I just wish I could have gotten the Pikachu 3DS when it came out so the theme would fit... Though if they came up with a Charizard theme, I might have to cave in and buy money for my JPN 3DS to pimp that out.

pariah164

... Ugh. (Post-game/legendary spoilers)

- Get to the Raquazza fight
- Catch on first Ultra Ball throw
- Name it after a friend of mine
- Go to spaaaaaace
- Face Deoxys
- Critical hit
- Deoxys faints

... Nope. Not doing all that again.

Gorillaz

No lie I one shotted deoxys my first time. I was like "......what the fuck"

Redid it and fought him without rayquaza fighting. Went way better.

Never played Pokemon. I was thinking of jumping onboard for the 3DS games. Do I buy just one or both titles? Why are there two games a release? Should I buy X and Y in addition to the latest Omega and Alpha ones? Should I go back for any of the DS games?

StoneFox

Never played Pokemon. I was thinking of jumping onboard for the 3DS games. Do I buy just one or both titles? Why are there two games a release? Should I buy X and Y in addition to the latest Omega and Alpha ones? Should I go back for any of the DS games?
You don't need to buy both versions, they are just a way for Game Freak to get more money out of people because each version has "exclusive pokemon" found in the wild but it's easy to find someone who will trade you the version exclusives (as long as you are on the 3DS games since they still have Internet connection). Having two games per release is just tradition these days.

X/Y have more pokemon as a whole (found naturally in the wild, not total), but ORAS has more features (I.e. Megastones) and that's where most of the playerbase has moved on to if you are interested in the multiplayer aspects. But if you are not interested in the multiplayer I think the single player campaign of X/Y plays better for newcomers.

The older DS games I would recommend are SoulSilver/HeartGold, White/Black and White/Black 2. I didn't personally care for the Sinnoh games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) but if you are interested in those just get Platinum.

You don't need to buy both versions, they are just a way for Game Freak to get more money out of people because each version has "exclusive pokemon" found in the wild but it's easy to find someone who will trade you the version exclusives (as long as you are on the 3DS games since they still have Internet connection). Having two games per release is just tradition these days.

X/Y have more pokemon as a whole (found naturally in the wild, not total), but ORAS has more features (I.e. Megastones) and that's where most of the playerbase has moved on to if you are interested in the multiplayer aspects. But if you are not interested in the multiplayer I think the single player campaign of X/Y plays better for newcomers.

The older DS games I would recommend are SoulSilver/HeartGold, White/Black and White/Black 2. I didn't personally care for the Sinnoh games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) but if you are interested in those just get Platinum.

Is it just more of the same or is there a compelling reason to go to older releases like story or charm?

Firestorm

If you only ever plan to play Pokemon once and don't intend to use the multiplayer features, X or Y are the best bet IMO. Otherwise grab Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire and don't bother with the older entries.

You only need one of the versions.

lupinko

My birthday is coming up, should I get my birthday event Glaceon in English or Japanese? Not that it matters really since I'll get another next year.

And on payday I'll get my Hoopa movie ticket preorders for double Arceuses + double mystery event bonuses.

Also for people on scrap it expires 4/30, which I have to get my Keldeo/Shaymin farming in full swing.

Muku

My birthday is coming up, should I get my birthday event Glaceon in English or Japanese? Not that it matters really since I'll get another next year.

And on payday I'll get my Hoopa movie ticket preorders for double Arceuses + double mystery event bonuses.

Also for people on scrap it expires 4/30, which I have to get my Keldeo/Shaymin farming in full swing.

I got Umbreon last year in Japanese. But I wasn't going to restart my JPN game in English. I'd say go with whatever you feel like. Maybe JPN this year, and ENG next year?

Yeah, mostly done with scrap myself. Prepping my JPN X game to be playable again since I sacked the save file for Shiny Rayquaza farming. Just gotta catch some Pokemon and trade the Pokemon back with items today. Then gotta set up JPN AS for an actual play through. I have to claim my Eon Ticket, Victini, Shaymin, and Keldeo. Have to get that done like next couple of days so I don't forget. But guess Eon Ticket code lasts longer than I thought. But gotta get that trio. Fortunately I've already finished my Shaymin farming (to trade, have 20 in all).

Muku

Yep :) All three in the US today. Europe from tonight probably, also

Global Link site -> Log in -> Online Competitions and it should be at the top

And yes I want that Charizard theme. :(

Is it up now, or just some time today? I guess I'll find out later when I play a little. /dance

Global Link site -> Log in -> Online Competitions and it should be at the top

Thanks. I dunno why they don't put a link in the news/event post >___<

Hmm, still need to finalise my team. I'm wondering if I should use my near-6 IV Mild Diancie; I wanted a +Attack nature for Diamond Storm, but beggars can't be choosers.

Hegarol

Can you participate with two versions in the tournament on ONE global link account or do you need a second account to enter the tournament with the second version?

Muku

Hanafuda GET! I love the piece for it too. (Made sure to go to YouTube to listen first before I jumped in.)

StoneFox

Is it just more of the same or is there a compelling reason to go to older releases like story or charm?
I enjoyed the story in the Black and White games and their sequels but part of the reason for that was because Game Freak tried to change up the formula a bit with them. There isn't REALLY a reason to buy the older games except out of curiosity or if you want to explore the different pokemon regions.

Azuran

Banned
I just hatched a 5 IV Quiet Honedge. 16 IV in Speed should be low enough to use competitively, right?

Edit: For VGC rules.

With no EV investment, that takes your speed from 58 to 65.

http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/vgc-15-pokemon-speed-tiers/

So the question is, how terrified are you of a negative Speed nature Tyranitar?

252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 240-284 (143.7 - 170%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Other than that, it looks fine. Facing other slower Aegislash might give you some trouble if they're SDef invested and carrying a Weakness Policy but I I don't see anything else that might give you some trouble, (Besides Rhyperior but no one uses him lol)

Kssio_Aug

I was testing my cousin og3DS, and after getting out of a game (a demo of a shooter) it popped up in the home screen a gift. And it was Pokemon Shuffle for free. Why is that? Lol

I almost forgot to mention that I somehow got a 6IV pokemon recently without using Destiny Knot. I somehow put the wrong item and did not notice until I hatched one batch of eggs (about 5-6). Wasted all my luck in a Rotom, sigh.

lupinko

Jump in and as the resident PokeDon Corleone, I can definitely make you an offer you can't refuse.

j8ksb47l.jpg

I got Umbreon last year in Japanese. But I wasn't going to restart my JPN game in English. I'd say go with whatever you feel like. Maybe JPN this year, and ENG next year?

Yeah, mostly done with scrap myself. Prepping my JPN X game to be playable again since I sacked the save file for Shiny Rayquaza farming. Just gotta catch some Pokemon and trade the Pokemon back with items today. Then gotta set up JPN AS for an actual play through. I have to claim my Eon Ticket, Victini, Shaymin, and Keldeo. Have to get that done like next couple of days so I don't forget. But guess Eon Ticket code lasts longer than I thought. But gotta get that trio. Fortunately I've already finished my Shaymin farming (to trade, have 20 in all).

Yeah I gotta get my stuff done soon.

Top Bottom