• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Actually, am a bit curious. Is there any reason they've recently pulled Shiny Rayquaza out for the getting lately? World Hobby Fair, and now the store events. Is it just a way to get one of the legendaries from the R/S/E era, in shiny form, out or is there something else?

entremet

Actually, am a bit curious. Is there any reason they've recently pulled Shiny Rayquaza out for the getting lately? World Hobby Fair, and now the store events. Is it just a way to get one of the legendaries from the R/S/E era, in shiny form, out or is there something else?

You can't get a Shiny Ray in ORAS, right?

Maybe that's the reason. With Arceus is seems Gen VI is gonna be the one where a legit Shiny Dex is obtainable--well outside some mythicals.

JoeM86

Movie has shiny Rayquaza :)

Muku

Movie has shiny Rayquaza :)

Ahhhhh, that explains it. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to the movie stuff. o_O Hopefully this movie is better than the last.
LOL doubtful, but maybe it might be without herpy Delphox in it.

RomanceDawn

Checking my PC I do have a spare I received in a WT in one of my boxes. No egg moves though.

I literally need nothing at all (I just finished a breeding Pokedex; like a living Pokedex but smaller and missing things that can't breed).

As for delivery method I don't know your time and always found the whole add FC and wait thing a hassle so we could try GTS though that does risk being sniped (which could in turn get the HA skrelp you want, requesting a female level 1-10 will help lower that risk a little bit).

I wonder if sending Pokemon directly will become a thing in Gen VII?

Hey thanks man! I'll be waiting!

Once I get Skrelp and breed it to perfection. I will start my Omega adventure.

When the 2nd set of games come out I like to have my Pokemon already bred but hatch them in the new game so they don't act up. That way I can use these Pokemon forever and not feel like I dump them after the elite 4.

JoeM86

Looks fun. I need to start watching the XY series because it just looks a lot better than Best Wishes. Also, Ash doesn't look and sound like a complete idiot anymore from what little I have seen.

XY is much better. Ash is back to his Sinnoh level competency, and is badass now, and the fillers are decent for the most part. Writing is up there, a bit darker too with death having come up numerous times. It has definitely got better.

Azuran

Banned
Why does Buneary have a 50/50% gender ratio? I keep getting nothing but perfect males. I know this is a game and all and I have nothing against guys that like to cross dress, but my Lopunny has to be female or bust.

lupinko

I motion that GAF now refer to shiny Rayquaza as Rayzilla, applies also to Mega Rayquaza.

So Rayzilla and Shiny Latias (Goldie?) are PokeGAF mascots.

entremet

Why does Buneary have a 50/50% gender ratio? I keep getting nothing but perfect males. I know this is a game and all and I have nothing against guys that like to cross dress, but my Lopunny has to be female or bust.

Same with Ralts.

I have a male Gardevoir that use finding HA Pokes in hordes in XY via Skill Swap.

I might breed a perfect one for battling as Mega Gardevoir is really nice, although Sylveon fills that roll two without the need to mega.

Muku

I motion that GAF now refer to shiny Rayquaza as Rayzilla, applies also to Mega Rayquaza.

So Rayzilla and Shiny Latias (Goldie?) are PokeGAF mascots.

Rayzilla and Rayray are awesome. Though now when I see Rayzilla I see a hybrid Rayquaza/Gojira in my head. XD

Also, Shiny Latias may go proceed to
DIAF
come say "hi" to me.

lupinko

Rayzilla and Rayray are awesome. Though now when I see Rayzilla I see a hybrid Rayquaza/Gojira in my head. XD

Also, Shiny Latias may go proceed to
DIAF
come say "hi" to me.

Okay how about regular Rayquaza is Rayray and Shiny is Rayzilla?

Or either colour is Rayray and Mega is Rayzilla?

Lol I feel the same about Shiny Latias.

So easy to get in earlier gens, a pain in gen 6.

JoeM86

Been soft resetting the shiny Rayquaza

Got this

#384 Rayquaza [Jolly]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 6, 7

I am absolutely gutted. Away it goes.

Been soft resetting the shiny Rayquaza

Got this

#384 Rayquaza [Jolly]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 6, 7

I am absolutely gutted. Away it goes.

Aww... how is your SRing luck in general?

I've got a near flawless Jolly Diancie twice or thrice. Once was when I was SRing a Groudon in ORAS at the same time >___<

JoeM86

Aww... how is your SRing luck in general?

I've got a near flawless Jolly Diancie twice or thrice. Once was when I was SRing a Groudon in ORAS at the same time >___<

I seldom bother with legendaries, but I want to use this Rayquaza in this weekend's competition and it's good to have a competitive "Most Broken Pokémon in the world" just in case I need it :p

Plus, as it's easier than SRing the in-game one (just without nature control), it's much better to do.

I seldom bother with legendaries, but I want to use this Rayquaza in this weekend's competition and it's good to have a competitive "Most Broken Pokémon in the world" just in case I need it :p

Plus, as it's easier than SRing the in-game one (just without nature control), it's much better to do.

I see. Well, I personally think the in-game one is easier because of the nature control and that ridiculously easy catch rate, but the event one is a guaranteed shiny, which is a massive plus.

I was actually planning to do the same thing as you, but I don't have much time or energy, so I just traded for a RNG'd past gen one (I know you don't like those) XD

Instead, I'm hoping to SR a last minute Diancie to fill in the gap in my team.

JoeM86

I see. Well, I personally think the in-game one is easier because of the nature control and that ridiculously easy catch rate, but the event one is a guaranteed shiny, which is a massive plus.

I was actually planning to do the same thing as you, but I don't have much time or energy, so I just traded for a RNG'd past gen one (I know you don't like those) XD

Instead, I'm hoping to SR a last minute Diancie to fill in the gap in my team.

Yeah but I like shiny Mega Rayquaza better anyway :p

Syntsui

I started playing the VGC/Doubles meta yesterday, it's just way too good. I was really blind by nostalgia in refusing to change from singles, but that shit was so broken that I decided to give it a chance.

It's incredible how many gimmicks there are and how many strategies you can come up with, it's the superior meta by far.

JoeM86

I started playing the VGC/Doubles meta yesterday, it's just way too good. I was really blind by nostalgia in refusing to change from singles, but that shit was so broken that I decided to give it a chance.

It's incredible how many gimmicks there are and how many strategies you can come up with, it's the superior meta by far.

Yeah, I love testing weird and wacky new gimmicks. I often do it on stream, too. Got a couple of cool ones lined up, but I got distracted by my Shiny Rayquaza SR and my hunt for a shiny Riolu

entremet

So it's Megas that are breaking Singles?

Seems like VGC is gaining more ground this generation as per the Pokemon YT/Streamers that I follow from last generation to this one.

JoeM86

Seems like VGC is gaining more ground this generation as per the Pokemon YT/Streamers that I follow from last generation to this one.

Na. Singles were mostly the same in Gen V. Megas did accentuate it a little, but Singles has been unbalanced for a long time. That's why focus has shifted to Doubles and many new moves over the past two generations have been focusing on Double battles more.

Azuran

Banned

I assumed Se Jun Park winning Worlds last year did a lot to drive up interest on the format. I know it did for me. However, I didn't start playing until Cybertron started his Youtube series, which seems to have done the same for a lot of people as well considering the amount of support he gets.

Gorillaz

I assumed Se Jun Park winning Worlds last year did a lot to drive up interest on the format. I know it did for me. However, I didn't start playing until Cybertron started his Youtube series, which seems to have done the same for a lot of people as well considering the amount of support he gets.
That pachirisu ate a earthquake and took a draco meteor to the face and STILL kept his gryarados safe from attacks with follow me

if that didnt get you interested in doubles in general idk what will

Doubles has come a long way from everyone spamming explosion and self destructs.

Speaking of enter the dragon type cup. I can't run Rayquaza as I'm not far enough in ORAS to get the move so I'm going with a team without but I need to be further in the story to fully realise that. Problem is I'm at the Latios part. I swear this stupid Latios gets perfect attack every time. Its bad enough with the all the bloody dialogue without 6C3 screwing me over.

Come on complaining to GAF, work!

upandaway

I really like Doubles but my experience with it was that luck-based mechanics play a much bigger role there. I mean in the sense that a single crit or miss can affect a game much more in Doubles than Singles, just because there's less turns and each turn is more important.

I remember seeing one professional game where the dude outplayed his opponent at every point, then lost essentially to a crit, that really changed my perspective about doubles. Still tons of fun but dunno.

entremet

Cybertron's channel is excellent and informative. Really super nice guy too.

Shadypenguin is also decent and he has tons of charisma, but his doesn't do much VGC.

Doubles has come a long way from everyone spamming explosion and self destructs.

Speaking of enter the dragon type cup. I can't run Rayquaza as I'm not far enough in ORAS to get the move so I'm going with a team without but I need to be further in the story to fully realise that. Problem is I'm at the Latios part. I swear this stupid Latios gets perfect attack every time. Its bad enough with the all the bloody dialogue without 6C3 screwing me over.

Come on complaining to GAF, work!

If you want, you can trade me Rayquaza and I'll teach it the move.

I've already done it once for somebody else.

Ahnez

So.. I finally got Deoxys to reappear

What should I know before trying to capture it?

Its my first mythical (?) ever, and I know Deoxys is pretty complex, due to the multiple formes

:)

Firestorm

I really like Doubles but my experience with it was that luck-based mechanics play a much bigger role there. I mean in the sense that a single crit or miss can affect a game much more in Doubles than Singles, just because there's less turns and each turn is more important.

I remember seeing one professional game where the dude outplayed his opponent at every point, then lost essentially to a crit, that really changed my perspective about doubles. Still tons of fun but dunno.
I'd like to see that but the game is played best of 3 for a reason. You don't get Ray winning Worlds 3 years in a row or Sejun winning Nationals 100% of the times he's tried in a game that luck plays as much of a part as you seem to imply it does.

upandaway

I'd like to see that but the game is played best of 3 for a reason. You don't get Ray winning Worlds 3 years in a row or Sejun winning Nationals 100% of the times he's tried in a game that luck plays as much of a part as you seem to imply it does.
Yeah best of 3 does help a lot with that.

Busaiku

So, taking a shot in the dark, but anyone happen to have a Mew or Arceus they can spare?
I've got a Victini, Keldeo, or Celebi I can spare, along with some other legendaries (though they're obviously not as hard to come by).

lupinko

So, taking a shot in the dark, but anyone happen to have a Mew or Arceus they can spare?
I've got a Victini, Keldeo, or Celebi I can spare, along with some other legendaries (though they're obviously not as hard to come by).

Hmm it'd be an IOU, but when I get my JP Palpark going, I can hook you up with a Faraway Island Mew unique to only you.

Yeah as the Poke Don Giovanni Coreleone I show my generosity every now and then.

The Global Link has started uploading videos of the top players in Battle Competitions

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4020/#bestbattles
But I don't have the vs. recor...oh youtube videos?

I didn't know sheer cold ignored accuracy and evasion modifiers. I recall hearing the negative accuracy would cap at 33% hit rate so sheer cold wasn't affected because at 30% it is already lower.

Edit:
#381 Latios [Timid]
IVs: 30, 31 / 24, 25, 26 / 20 - 23 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.30: 97 / 59 / 59 / 92 / 80 / 88
I think that is all I have time for. Onto Mt. Pyre...
Or not...I kind of quit without saving...

Busaiku

Hmm it'd be an IOU, but when I get my JP Palpark going, I can hook you up with a Faraway Island Mew unique to only you.

Yeah as the Poke Don Giovanni Coreleone I show my generosity every now and then.
How long are we talking?
I can definitely hold onto something if you need it, as I want Mew more.

Muku

Up from the depths, 30 stories high..... Rayzilla.... Rayzilla...

Making mine a St. Patrick's Day Rayzilla. Which is funny because, well he's normally green, but not Rayzilla. Damn, now I'm wishing I could name it. I totally would use that as its name.

I'm guessing the rest of the world can't enjoy Shiny Rayquaza, because well... because. :/ I'm kind of wondering what will be next for rest of world though.

Hi GAF, I was wondering if anyone with a non-English cart could help me breed my two Eevees, since I need a foreign Pokemon for Masuda Method (+ I want to pass down this specific Pokeball). I need the child to be a 5IV female, -SpA. The parents both have that spread already, and I'll be attaching a Destiny Knot and Power item for you. It'll probably take a while, since females are only at a 12.5% rate, so if there's something you want in return, let me know! I can help fill your Pokedex and don't mind giving away non-event legendaries for your trouble.

Hi GAF, I was wondering if anyone with a non-English cart could help me breed my two Eevees, since I need a foreign Pokemon for Masuda Method (+ I want to pass down this specific Pokeball). I need the child to be a 5IV female, -SpA. The parents both have that spread already, and I'll be attaching a Destiny Knot and Power item for you. It'll probably take a while, since females are only at a 12.5% rate, so if there's something you want in return, let me know! I can help fill your Pokedex and don't mind giving away non-event legendaries for your trouble.

I can do that for ya. Just give me the specs (ball, nature and ability).

You don't need to give me the parents either because I'm a pro Eevee breeder XD

Top Bottom