• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I can do that for ya. Just give me the specs (ball, nature and ability).

You don't need to give me the parents either because I'm a pro Eevee breeder XD
Oh, I was looking for a female Eevee in a Nest Ball, 5 IV -SpA. Jolly would be nice but it's OK if it's not. Any ability is fine. I already have the mother in a Nest Ball with the IV spread. You don't need it?

And thanks so much for your help! I don't know if there's anything you need, but let me know if there is. :O My FC is 1349-4579-7239.

Edit: I was wondering why your username was so familiar. Are you the owner of Serenesforest?! I use that site all the time!

So I finally get a better Latios (will have to calc exact IVs one of these days but potentially 5 31s...) and now it dawns on me. Getting the blue orb won't let me attach it to Kyogre (as you need to be even further into the story for that) so my rain team strategy is in tatters*. Still I had to pass the Latios part of the story in order to use mega evolutions which will come in handy once I think of a different plan.

*-Use Primordial sea to bring in rain despite air lock (if it doesn't work like that I can overwrite Delta stream by coming in on top of it) and have Kingdra outspeed and OHKO Rayquaza (assuming heavy rain counts as rain for swift swim to work and speed is calcd at start of turn before switches etc). Probably too dumb to work as good opponents who would just protect here.

So does anyone think this will happen with Nintendo's next handheld with its set of Pokemon games? Allowing you to view replays without resorting to VS Recorder?
Only if the processing is on the user side like MKTV. These PGL ones seem to have hand done touches like electing which abilities and moves to describe and knowing Blaziken was carrying HP Ice (I love the phrases "which happened to be" used there).

In any case it seems to me that Pokemon is the most popular use of third party capture devices for the 3DS. Who knows maybe a new system will have a streaming feature. Unlikely as Nintendo tend to be on the lower tech side of things.

Oh, I was looking for a female Eevee in a Nest Ball, 5 IV -SpA. Jolly would be nice but it's OK if it's not. Any ability is fine. I already have the mother in a Nest Ball with the IV spread. You don't need it?

And thanks so much for your help! I don't know if there's anything you need, but let me know if there is. :O My FC is 1349-4579-7239.

Edit: I was wondering why your username was so familiar. Are you the owner of Serenesforest?! I use that site all the time!

Got it. I have a female Jolly (or Adamant, but I have a Jolly Ditto) in a Nest Ball on X, I believe. Just need to start a Japanese or French file on Y.

Nah, nothing's required. I'll hopefully breed a flawless Eevee for myself while I'm there XD

Yar, that's me. Glad you're making use of it : )

Got it. I have a female Jolly (or Adamant, but I have a Jolly Ditto) in a Nest Ball on X, I believe. Just need to start a Japanese or French file on Y.

Nah, nothing's required. I'll hopefully breed a flawless Eevee for myself while I'm there XD

Yar, that's me. Glad you're making use of it : )
Thanks so much for your help, and I hope it's not too much trouble! >< I'm usually available, so just lemme know when you're good to trade. Thanks again!

Muku

So, if I wanted to dabble a little bit in this Mega Rayquaza business, I'm assuming physical attacking is its' strong point? What nature if that's the case. Adamant? Or is Jolly better for an extra Speed Boost?

Thanks so much for your help, and I hope it's not too much trouble! >< I'm usually available, so just lemme know when you're good to trade. Thanks again!
No worries, but obviously it'll take a while XD

So, if I wanted to dabble a little bit in this Mega Rayquaza business, I'm assuming physical attacking is its' strong point? What nature if that's the case. Adamant? Or is Jolly better for an extra Speed Boost?
I think it's usually Jolly to keep up with all the fast stuff.

For fun, I'm going to try a Naive one. I had some fun times running a Naive Salamence in the Battle of Hoenn.

DaBoss

No reason to wait for a new handheld. Make it a Global Link feature this gen.
PGL would be completely unusable and make XY's launch period seem like it is great experience.
Only if the processing is on the user side like MKTV. These PGL ones seem to have hand done touches like electing which abilities and moves to describe and knowing Blaziken was carrying HP Ice (I love the phrases "which happened to be" used there).

In any case it seems to me that Pokemon is the most popular use of third party capture devices for the 3DS. Who knows maybe a new system will have a streaming feature. Unlikely as Nintendo tend to be on the lower tech side of things.
Yea, the bolded is why I mentioned the next handheld.

Muku

I think it's usually Jolly to keep up with all the fast stuff.

For fun, I'm going to try a Naive one. I had some fun times running a Naive Salamence in the Battle of Hoenn.

Hm, that's what I figured. Why a Naive Rayquaza? Is its' SpDef usually not that good or not matter so much? If I try things with -Def or -SpDef, I usually have a hard time choosing which to nix.

Got another 5 IV Rayquaza in my SR quest

Adamant
5/31/31/31/31/31

I was sad

D: I'd have settled. LOL xD

Are you going for 6IV? Or just 5IV for the nature you're after?

Azuran

Banned
Oh god, I think I'm starting to become of those people for Lopunny. I started using one and she's so fun. Mine doesn't have Fake Out because I don't like sacrificing Protect for frail mons, but people always expect it so they always protect as soon as they see her, which means I just Encore next turn. Good stuff when my opponent is down to only 2 Pokemon.

There's also something mesmerizing about the way she moves her ear out of the way after attacking.

Azuran

Banned
I don't mind losing when the RNG decides to hate me, but Swagger is just straight up bullshit no matter what way you try to spin it. They need to either: 1. decrease confusion rate from 50% or 2. Decrease Swagger's accuracy just like Will-o-Wisp.

Bleh

Firestorm

I don't mind losing when the RNG decides to hate me, but Swagger is just straight up bullshit no matter what way you try to spin it. They need to either: 1. decrease confusion rate from 50% or 2. Decrease Swagger's accuracy just like Will-o-Wisp.

Bleh
or 3. Add 10 base damage to it so you can't use Prankster with it.

JoeM86

Hm, that's what I figured. Why a Naive Rayquaza? Is its' SpDef usually not that good or not matter so much? If I try things with -Def or -SpDef, I usually have a hard time choosing which to nix.

D: I'd have settled. LOL xD

Are you going for 6IV? Or just 5IV for the nature you're after?

5IV with the nature, or 3IV with high for the other stats.

HP was way too low for me to accept. If it was hovering over 20, I'd have accepted it

lupinko

For future giveaways, who should be the OT for Faraway Island Mew (reg or shiny), May or Leaf (Blue JP/Green EN)?

Of course May would end up being Haruka but whatever.

JoeM86

Settled with my Rayquaza

#384 Rayquaza [Adamant]
IVs: 30, 31 / 29 / 30, 31 / 26, 27 / 30, 31 / 30, 31

That's like one stat point at Level 50. I can handle it

JoeM86

Nice, congrats! How long did it take ya?

Since Saturday on and off, though I misentered the HP and it was ~26. Luckily I noticed before I saved so am back to soft resetting

Had two almost awesome ones during my attempts, though

Jolly 31/31/31/31/31/6
Adamant 5/31/31/31/31/31

What's the consensus with EXP share in this game? My gf just got it for my birthday. I wanted to buy it at launch, but decided not to due to smash releasing on the same day, and my finals were at the same time.

JoeM86

What's the consensus with EXP share in this game? My gf just got it for my birthday. I wanted to buy it at launch, but decided not to due to smash releasing on the same day, and my finals were at the same time.

Same as XY. Just turn it off if you don't like it.

It saves a lot of time and grinding though.

Merovin

Okay so I've been resetting for a decent Rayquaza for about a week now and I just landed this:

#384 Rayquaza [Jolly]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 18 / 19 / 30, 31

Special Defense is lackluster, but I think this is the best I'm going to get without losing my mind. What do you all think? Keep or reset?

Settled with my Rayquaza

#384 Rayquaza [Adamant]
IVs: 30, 31 / 29 / 30, 31 / 26, 27 / 30, 31 / 30, 31

That's like one stat point at Level 50. I can handle it

You have more patience than I do, congratz on the catch!

I like it. Helps with EV training a lot, and main game was never that difficult anyway.

EXP share is great. And makes leveling up your team a lot easier. Reduces the grind in the main campaign and makes EV training much easier. The main story wasn't entirely difficult anyway. Pokemon still gain more experience if they take part in battle versus just gaining it from the EXP share.

I do wish they brought back challenge mode from B2/W2. In those games I managed to get a key for challenge mode early and played through a majority of the game with it on.

turbocat

I'd personally say that the EXP Share change is one that I really like. It makes the game move more quickly and takes out a lot of the tedium.

JoeM86

A nice surprise while I was EV training my Rayquaza for tomorrow

CAfGjkpWYAAZoHx.png

:)

Muku

Since Saturday on and off, though I misentered the HP and it was ~26. Luckily I noticed before I saved so am back to soft resetting

Had two almost awesome ones during my attempts, though

Jolly 31/31/31/31/31/6
Adamant 5/31/31/31/31/31

Aww, well it's good you caught it before saving. Though I assume you have it now with training and finding that shiny Shuppet! Congrats!

Stopped my locke challenge to SR for a competitive Latias again, haha. Not shiny this time, just IVs. I already have a 5IV Timid, now I want another nature.

EDIT: Welp, just got the 5IV that I wanted. That was fast.

JoeM86

Aww, well it's good you caught it before saving. Though I assume you have it now with training and finding that shiny Shuppet! Congrats!

Ended up with a 31/31/26/x/31/31 one. I took the hit in the Defense but countered it with EV training a little

Carl7

Congratulations for the shiny shuppet, banette is one of my favorites, although prankster doesn't activate in the first turn(i hate you GF).

Ok...so how do I goes about getting one of them shiny event arceus? Wasn't tracking pokemon due to smash but then I saw one while watching a stream out of boredom.

Muku

Ok...so how do I goes about getting one of them shiny event arceus? Wasn't tracking pokemon due to smash but then I saw one while watching a stream out of boredom.

Comes from the preorder of movie tickets for this summers movie. So... you may or may not get one with the preorder one you get. :p

Though, if anyone does get some codes and needs them redeemed, send me a message. Might be able to help with that.* And on a second note, anyone that does get a shiny Arceus from that, if you want to trade it, let me know.

* Details
nature/etc.
can be discussed via pm.

Kssio_Aug

I was almost buying Pokemon X, but just saw a video review of Pokemon ORAS, and now I dont know witch one should I chose!

It seems Pokemon XY has a bigger pokemon collection, and character customization. However ORAS has some neat gameplay improvements, cosplay pikachu, better post-game content and more active community. Also, is Pokemon Z most certailny to happen? Maybe its better to wait for that version and get ORAS for now.

The last pokemon I played was in GBA a long time ago. Wich should I get?

Azuran

Banned
I was almost buying Pokemon X, but just saw a video review of Pokemon ORAS, and now I dont know witch one should I chose!

It seems Pokemon XY has a bigger pokemon collection, and character customization. However ORAS has some neat gameplay improvements, better post-game content and more active community.

The last pokemon I played was in GBA a long time ago. Wich should I get?

They're pretty much the same game at the end of the day. XY has way more Pokemon from all 6 gens, but ORAS has more Mega Evolutions and legendaries which makes it the better choice if you're planning on playing with others. Anyways, you really can't go wrong with either one especially if you haven't played a Pokemon game since the GBA

So both :p

Kssio_Aug

They're pretty much the same game at the end of the day. XY obviously has newer and more Pokemon, but ORAS has more Mega Evolutions and legendaries which makes it the better choice if you're planning on playing with others. Anyways, you really can't go wrong with either one especially if you haven't played a Pokemon game since the GBA

So both :p

Both would be too much for me right now! T-T
But I think I may go with ORAS, since I believe there are high chances for a release of Pokemon Z? Also, cosplay Pikachu and the gameplay improvements may do better to me then character customization... specially since I don't play any pokemon game for a loong time, so almost any pokemon beyond the 1st and 2nd gen may feel new to me!

Azuran

Banned
Both would be too much for me right now! T-T
But I think I may go with ORAS, since I believe there are high chances for a release of Pokemon Z? Also, cosplay Pikachu and the gameplay improvements may do better to me then character customization... specially since I don't play any pokemon game for a loong time, so almost any pokemon beyond the 1st and 2nd gen may feel new to me!

Yeah, ORAS would be better in that case. Pokemon Z/XY2 should certainly be out by next year unless they decided to throw a curve ball our way.

DaBoss

I personally think ORAS is the better game (not by much). ORAS might provide some nostalgia if you played the originals on the GBA. XY is probably better if you want to get to know more Pokemon though it's Pokemon distribution is poor in terms of dispersing it, so it may become overwhelming.

People are saying the first half of 2016 will have a new Pokemin game which you can get if you do want to get the next one. It will also be Pokemon's 20th anniversary next year, so it may be special.

Top Bottom