• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

backlot

Any tips for using Cradily in VGC? I'm thinking of running an infestation set.

Storm Drain is pretty much the only reason to use it in VGC. Every Cradily I've seen has been on a Trick Room team in tandem with Mega Camerupt. VGC is usually too fast paced for stall stuff like Infestation or Toxic to work. Unless your team really needs a Trick Room Storm Drain Pokemon, there are probably better options for Grass types.

entremet

How long does it take for a rematch to occur?
Waiting for this darn couple, so I can get Destiny Knot.

Here's a tip so you don't waste too much time.

Save before the fight. Beat them. If you don't get the Destiny Knot, soft reset. Fight again.

Keep soft resetting until you get the Destiny Knot. Just turn off Battle Animation and have a Pokemon that can OHKO their Pokes to make it faster.

I got it in 7 tries.

OMG Aero

It's just three battles needed in the dragon tournament to get the hidden ability Amaura right?
I just entered the competition and won two out of my first three battles (with the loss being against a team with Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre) and I'm thinking of quitting while I'm ahead instead of repeating my performance in the last tournament where I did really well in my first four or so matches then lost every one afterwards and ended with a terrible win to loss ratio.

Muku

Just curious, but when can you capture the other Lati@s? I'm just bored and killing time right now SRing for dumb shiny Latias.... again. Just wondering whenever this stupid thing shows up when I can head back to the island for the other one. (Yeah, I have Eon Ticket.)

Here's a tip so you don't waste too much time.

Save before the fight. Beat them. If you don't get the Destiny Knot, soft reset. Fight again.

Keep soft resetting until you get the Destiny Knot. Just turn off Battle Animation and have a Pokemon that can OHKO their Pokes to make it faster.

I got it in 7 tries.

I tried that strategy before, but after 10 or 15 resets I believed that it wouldn't work and tried the legitimate way.

Luckily, I had to battle them only a couple times after before I got it.

It's just three battles needed in the dragon tournament to get the hidden ability Amaura right?
I just entered the competition and won two out of my first three battles (with the loss being against a team with Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre) and I'm thinking of quitting while I'm ahead instead of repeating my performance in the last tournament where I did really well in my first four or so matches then lost every one afterwards and ended with a terrible win to loss ratio.
Three matches is what it says on the site. As for win to loss ratio does it really matter? Placing is done by points and you would need to do all 30 matches against good ranked people to be on top (if I keep playing some top cut player could wind up matched against me and essentially getting nothing out of the battle...rather lost potential points).

But I can kind of understand how you feel. I'm happy with my 3-4 ratio (I'm unhappy with my team but locked battle box means no changes so no motivation).

As for the entry prize. I can't help but think they got the fossils the wrong way around. At least Tyrunt would make sense seeing as Tyrantrum is a dragon type...

Just curious, but when can you capture the other Lati@s? I'm just bored and killing time right now SRing for dumb shiny Latias.... again. Just wondering whenever this stupid thing shows up when I can head back to the island for the other one. (Yeah, I have Eon Ticket.)

After catching the first one, I believe. Norman mentions
you need to understand the power of Mega Evolution first and you get the Mega Bracelet then

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Hmm, sadly I think I'm done with the dragon tournament. Not feeling too great now and I don't really want to battle in this state and potentially lose, which will just make me feel worse XD

I think my final score was 12-6 or something. Anyway, I had a lot of fun, especially since I finally got to use Mega Diancie : D

Now to continue SRing for the perfect one...

Muku

After catching the first one, I believe. Norman mentions
you need to understand the power of Mega Evolution first and you get the Mega Bracelet then

Or did I misunderstand your question?

So basically soon as I get Latias, fly off the island and drop Steven off I can fly back to the island and get Latios? Not that I expect Latias to be nice today, but trying to prep myself for another SR session that will occur. Though will be quicker since I can just run and re-encounter.

So basically soon as I get Latias, fly off the island and drop Steven off I can fly back to the island and get Latios? Not that I expect Latias to be nice today, but trying to prep myself for another SR session that will occur. Though will be quicker since I can just run and re-encounter.
I believe so, but you need to speak to Norman to reach the Southern Island; you can't fly or soar there.

No, you need to beat Elite 4 and take SS Tidal after.
Is this referring to Eon Ticket Latios/Latias? Nah, I got mine after Winona and before heading out to the sea.

OMG Aero

Three matches is what it says on the site. As for win to loss ratio does it really matter? Placing is done by points and you would need to do all 30 matches against good ranked people to be on top (if I keep playing some top cut player could wind up matched against me and essentially getting nothing out of the battle...rather lost potential points).

But I can kind of understand how you feel. I'm happy with my 3-4 ratio (I'm unhappy with my team but locked battle box means no changes so no motivation).
Oh it's totally a pride thing. I know I'm never going to rank highly overall, I'd just prefer to finish the tournament feeling good about how I did instead of the last tournament where I ended with like a 5 match losing streak and felt bummed out about it.

Muku

I believe so, but you need to speak to Norman to reach the Southern Island; you can't fly or soar there.

Is this referring to Eon Ticket Latios/Latias? Nah, I got mine after Winona and before heading out to the sea.

Hmmmm, okay good to know. Thank you. :)

Edit: Just a random question, but the only time you'll see a mailbox in your PSS thing is when you get the Eon Ticket?

Frost_Ace

Storm Drain is pretty much the only reason to use it in VGC. Every Cradily I've seen has been on a Trick Room team in tandem with Mega Camerupt. VGC is usually too fast paced for stall stuff like Infestation or Toxic to work. Unless your team really needs a Trick Room Storm Drain Pokemon, there are probably better options for Grass types.
I see, I'm gonna resort to ferrothorn then.

No worries, but obviously it'll take a while XD
Hey, hope the breeding's going alright for you! You know how I asked if you could get me a foreign female? Actually, if you have a foreign male with the same spread (5iv less SpA) with any nature and ball, that's fine too! I was able to get a hold of a female through breeding, so I just need some foreign blood going. XD Thank you!!

Muku

Going to be claiming my Shaymin, Keldeo, and Victini soon. Mainly to get them out of the way and so I don't miss the cut off. Because I know I would if my mind wasn't on it. My question though is, what nature do folks generally go for Victini and Keldeo? Since I didn't even really know or think about SRing for event Pokemon, my old Victini an Keldeo are whatever the RNG gave me at time of claiming them in B/W.

Muku

Yeah, only V-create, no Tao Trio Moves tho.

Is V-create worth using? I remember reading somewhere folks were saying at one point in time it was only thing worth using. But I'm sure that's changed at this point. Think my B/W Victini has V-create too now I think about it.

lupinko

Is V-create worth using? I remember reading somewhere folks were saying at one point in time it was only thing worth using. But I'm sure that's changed at this point. Think my B/W Victini has V-create too now I think about it.

V-Create is one of the most powerful moves in the game and on Victini it's even dumber due to STAB.

That's why almost every Victini build that isn't a Liberty Ticket one is always Physical or Mixed.

Muku

V-Create is one of the most powerful moves in the game and on Victini it's even dumber due to STAB.

That's why almost every Victini build that isn't a Liberty Ticket one is always Physical or Mixed.

Ahhh, okay. So choices on the nature for Victini depending which route I want to go.

Any ideas on Keldeo? I was thinking physical but he gets Sp Atk points on leveling.

Man, the TGCO for Pokemon.... it's not nearly as fun Unlimited as I had hoped when deck making. I want to play Unlimited sans the decks only full of EX. Deck making is fun again....asshats who only fill them up with EX aren't.

Man, the TGCO for Pokemon.... it's not nearly as fun Unlimited as I had hoped when deck making. I want to play Unlimited sans the decks only full of EX. Deck making is fun again....asshats who only fill them up with EX aren't.

Funny thing with EX decks is that my crappy Psychic deck with 2 sigilyphs tend to do a lot of them in. Seen a few people just forfeit the moment they see the two sigilyphs on the field. But unlimited decks also can get rather dangerous when you start dealing with older cards that are stupidly hard to come by.

In TCGO, the fun is in theme decks

Muku

Funny thing with EX decks is that my crappy Psychic deck with 2 sigilyphs tend to do a lot of them in. Seen a few people just forfeit the moment they see the two sigilyphs on the field. But unlimited decks also can get rather dangerous when you start dealing with older cards that are stupidly hard to come by.

In TCGO, the fun is in theme decks

Thing is, you have to have cards that can handle the dumb EX cards. Wanting a PokePower Suicune that nullifies those EX jerks. Sadly had one used against me against the ONLY EX card in my deck. -_-; Not sure what set its from but knowing my luck it's not available anymore. Though gotten some kind of crazy cards from boxes, so assuming they're redistributing some of that through the boxes.

Problem is I enjoy making my own deck, but being limited to some of the shitty cards that are comp legal right now is bleh. I wish they'd make an EX onlly league and let those asshats duke it out. I'd like to have fun with crafted decks without stupidness.

I've always had my fun from crafting decks in the TCG. But really wish they'd break it down for the power hungry "I ONLY WIN LOLOL LOOK AT MY EX POKEYMANZ". I tend to run Bouffalant in my decks though for that attack.

Yeah, getting cards takes awhile. My stats show me at around 27% collection while some people I've encountered rock as high as 70%.

Only way to really counter a deck without EX's is to run cards that go through your deck very quickly so you can setup faster than the opponent. Or there's always that deck that requires certain cards gone so they get powered up. It's primarily using unorthodox decks in many cases.

lupinko

Ahhh, okay. So choices on the nature for Victini depending which route I want to go.

Any ideas on Keldeo? I was thinking physical but he gets Sp Atk points on leveling.

Keldeo is only ever Timid or maybe Modest due it's special stats and movesets. You could do Swords Dance but it's only a novelty though like adamant Kyogre.

Muku

Yeah, getting cards takes awhile. My stats show me at around 27% collection while some people I've encountered rock as high as 70%.

Only way to really counter a deck without EX's is to run cards that go through your deck very quickly so you can setup faster than the opponent. Or there's always that deck that requires certain cards gone so they get powered up. It's primarily using unorthodox decks in many cases.

Glad I run Umbreon. Took down a stupid M Gengar like a boss. (Of course I had the tool attached to him as well that boosted against EX.) And my simple Articuno was eating some for a late night snack. Problem is my luck lately, despite having cards to help me get through my deck, are always in my damn prizes. >< Just gotta keep on trucking with the so-not-fun crap of EX decks. I tend to quit a lot of games these days due to them. ANd folks are so damn slow I don't have all night to wait.

Though, to be fair, my Dark/Psychic one doesn't do too horrible against EX decks. Just depends on how lucky I can be with my hand. I've won some due to sheer number of initial hands the opponent not having a base Pokemon. (Counted up to 7 or 8 times on several games tonight, crazy enough.)

Keldeo is only ever Timid or maybe Modest due it's special stats and movesets. You could do Swords Dance but it's only a novelty though like adamant Kyogre.

Hmm, alright, so definitely go with the Sp Attack route then. Might look into Modest since Shaymin will be Timid. Will see how things go. Thank you!

JoeM86

Teach Victini Role Play, Role Play Contrary onto it and bam, Victini becomes an utter beast.

JoeM86

Was breeding Pokémon for my next stream and, on the worst possible Pokémon (I even joked it'd happen with a friend as I started), it happened

CA451GHWAAEplCs.png

Hey, hope the breeding's going alright for you! You know how I asked if you could get me a foreign female? Actually, if you have a foreign male with the same spread (5iv less SpA) with any nature and ball, that's fine too! I was able to get a hold of a female through breeding, so I just need some foreign blood going. XD Thank you!!
Heya! Sorry, I hit a few delays because of work and also because I've caught a cold : (

Currently standing outside the 1st gym right now. Went with French just 'cause.

Haha, a male would make life easier... I'll bear that in mind for when I reach the daycare centre.

Wichu

Was breeding Pokémon for my next stream and, on the worst possible Pokémon (I even joked it'd happen with a friend as I started), it happened

Reminds me of the x/x/0/0/0/31 shiny Dedenne I hatched last year. It was so bad I actually reset the game

then reloaded my last save, switched out the parents right before they made the egg that was to be shiny, and got a shiny 30/31/30/31/31/31 Hasty HA Chimchar instead - I'd accidentally saved the game at exactly the right moment thanks to a PSS trade request. Thank you random stranger!

Firestorm

Thing is, you have to have cards that can handle the dumb EX cards. Wanting a PokePower Suicune that nullifies those EX jerks. Sadly had one used against me against the ONLY EX card in my deck. -_-; Not sure what set its from but knowing my luck it's not available anymore. Though gotten some kind of crazy cards from boxes, so assuming they're redistributing some of that through the boxes.

Problem is I enjoy making my own deck, but being limited to some of the shitty cards that are comp legal right now is bleh. I wish they'd make an EX onlly league and let those asshats duke it out. I'd like to have fun with crafted decks without stupidness.

I've always had my fun from crafting decks in the TCG. But really wish they'd break it down for the power hungry "I ONLY WIN LOLOL LOOK AT MY EX POKEYMANZ". I tend to run Bouffalant in my decks though for that attack.
EXes aren't anywhere close to what's wrong with the game. It sort of bothers me that people think that. The two stupidest cards in format right now that have made it incredibly unfun imo:
  1. Hypnotoxic Laser
  2. Seismitoad EX
Though I personally think the game is better when it centres around evolution, Pokemon Card Laboratory clearly disagrees and wants the game to be faster. They keep pumping out EX cards that are flashy for the kids too.

There are definitely decks that are good right now that don't use EXes:
  • Night March
  • Donphan
  • Pyroar
  • Flareon
Though I'm talking Standard. Unlimited is likely a broken mess.

Heya! Sorry, I hit a few delays because of work and also because I've caught a cold : (

Currently standing outside the 1st gym right now. Went with French just 'cause.

Haha, a male would make life easier... I'll bear that in mind for when I reach the daycare centre.

Ohh, hope you feel better soon. Colds are such a nuisance.

Yeah, I figured asking for a female might have been a bit much since they're way less common. Thanks and take it easy!

EXes aren't anywhere close to what's wrong with the game. It sort of bothers me that people think that. The two stupidest cards in format right now that have made it incredibly unfun imo:
  1. Hypnotoxic Laser
  2. Seismitoad EX
Though I personally think the game is better when it centres around evolution, Pokemon Card Laboratory clearly disagrees and wants the game to be faster. They keep pumping out EX cards that are flashy for the kids too.

• Night March
  • Donphan
  • Pyroar
  • Flareon

Easily Seismitod EX and that stupid laser is annoying. Night March decks are interesting. Donphan decks are good. Pyroar decks are also interesting (Although my psychic deck shuts it down with devolution punch golurk). Never seen a flareon deck though.

Muku

1. Hypnotoxic Laser
  2. Seismitoad EX

• Night March
  • Donphan
  • Pyroar
  • Flareon

Everyone has different opinions on what's wrong with the game. However, just having reached the point I could craft my own decent enough decks, it's been my first foray into the free-for-all mess it has become. There are a lot of things I find that is wrong with the game these days. Game has gone to the toilet, but meh.

It goes beyond Unlimited. Tried playing Standard. It' a little less of a mess, but it's still not fun with the EX decks. I've just gone back to themes. Pretty much to point I'm not even sure if it's worth playing since deck making is the fun part. I find the cards that are currently allowed in events don't meet the Pokemon I need/want (or don't have at the moment) and a lot just blow.

Congrats Joe!

lupinko

Because it's my birthday next week, I feel like in a good mood to RNG shiny weather trio to give away, same goes with Deoxys.

Any ideas on Natures? Also who should be the OT for the Trio? Deoxys will be Solana/Hinata.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4019/
Battle of Hoenn Juniors "Best Battles" are up now.

Went through like 500 Masuda, Shiny Charm Pichu, no shinies.
This isn't fair.
Time for some hard, cold numbers.

The data crowd sourced from about 400,000 eggs suggests Masuda, Shiny Charm is 1/512 (smaller scale tests imply friend safari is 1/512 and not affected by anything suggesting that is the max shiny rate). For doing 500 trials you give yourself a 62.3% chance of one or more successes.

Doing 800 would bring this to 79.8% chance.

Muku

Because it's my birthday next week, I feel like in a good mood to RNG shiny weather trio to give away, same goes with Deoxys.

Any ideas on Natures? Also who should be the OT for the Trio? Deoxys will be Solana/Hinata.

Have you gotten your birthday Pokemon yet, or waiting til your actual birthday? :)

Hinata is a good choice for Deoxys. Not sure about the others. I'd say Adamant on the purple whale for giggles though. XD

turbocat

Went on my first major DexNav chaining excursion, and after 3-4 hours, a few pauses, and a lot of patience, I encountered a shiny Ponyta near 200 in the chain. Was unaware that chaining has no actual impact on the shiny rate before doing so ):

Ohh, hope you feel better soon. Colds are such a nuisance.

Yeah, I figured asking for a female might have been a bit much since they're way less common. Thanks and take it easy!

Thanks. It's not that bad, but it makes working and playing really awkward XD

Alright, I'm at the daycare centre now. Let's see how this goes...

lupinko

Have you gotten your birthday Pokemon yet, or waiting til your actual birthday? :)

Hinata is a good choice for Deoxys. Not sure about the others. I'd say Adamant on the purple whale for giggles though. XD

I'm waiting until my actual birthday, I asked for nenkyu on that day too. Lol

I could do adamant foursome. Lol should I give them on gaf or just wonder trade then away? Haha

Top Bottom