• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

StoneFox

Last year, I went through at least 700-800 Squirtle eggs with no shiny, but I'm starting it up again while I re-watch season 4 of Game of Thrones. I've hatched about 45 thus far. What do you guys do while hatching eggs?
I listen to podcasts. Just so I don't have to listen to mantines popping up on the dexnav over and over as I circle around the Battle Resort.

The enter the Dragon results are in. Total entrants 24,606. I'm in the 13,000s with a sub 1500 rank. Also top 12 Pokemon revealed. I can say I was 75% not top 12 (anyway my Talonflame was fairly unconventional with its stupid tailwind/protect/wil o wisp/me first set with fucking mental herb which went off zero times as nobody war carrying taunt...if that was a Lum berry and swagger it would be so much better but well I didn't know me first was attacking moves only, guess that snatch covers support moves but nothing covers other non-damaging moves...yet).

I would say Amaura isn't a good entry prize based on those entrant numbers as Battle of Hoenn got 44,291 entrants (I'm still convinced GF got it the wrong way round as a fossil which evolved into Dragon type would make more sense for enter the Dragon type) but that is completely missing the fact it is still the second most entered online Gen VI competition.

fakedit: "total" entrants is wrong as I only looked as masters rank, you've got to add the juniors for real total.

tl;dr. Pokemon entry prizes work. Especially when they have unreleased abilities.

Last year, I went through at least 700-800 Squirtle eggs with no shiny, but I'm starting it up again while I re-watch season 4 of Game of Thrones. I've hatched about 45 thus far. What do you guys do while hatching eggs?
As I always say, when it comes to these menial tasks they are doing alongside something.

Because I want to pay minimal attention it is why I prefer Lumoise City to the battle resort as Lumoise truly is one button while battle resort changes every time you hatch something. Still I can make things hatch at fairly similar times by doing the following:

Collect 25 eggs (one party member, deposit once full party) order in box like one of two:
Code:
1 2 3 4 5 1 | 12345X
2 3 4 5 1 2 | 12345X
3 4 5 1 2 3 | 12345X
4 5 1 2 3 4 | 12345X
5 x x x x x | 12345X
Withdraw all of the same number. All the 5s should hatch in a step of one another (because they were when you party is full so will have the exact same egg cycles left and in tie breaking situations like this top most party member is hatched first) and the variance will increase as you go down that sequence (as you'll get one batch of 5 eggs in a lot less steps than the others meaning those hatch at a much different time).

Christian

Just got Alpha Sapphire! I haven't played a Pokemon game in earnest since Ruby on GBA, but I did screw around with Black. That's absolutely the last time I touched one.

AS is pretty impressive. I'm loving it. Put in about four hours in two days, which is a lot for me. Really excited to keep delving in.

entremet

National Dex complete!

First time since Gold and Silver. Been a while. I'm only missing some event pokemon and Groudon for my Living Dex. I registered Groudon using a trade and back.

So i finally beat the my copy of OR/AS but i wanna start over with a new team. Can anyone help me gather the follow pokes with advantageous natures:

Hidden ability Torchic
Tyraunt (any cool breeding moves would be awesome with stone edge)
Protean Froakie (could you also slap icebeam on this sucker)
Gastly (could you teach it sludge bomb)
Elekid w/ cross chop and the elemental punches would be badass
Hidden Ability eevee to make an espeon

Im making an assumption that since these games have been out for so long that many of you probably have these pokes (and tms) simply laying around in boxes. So dont think im asking for people to breed crazy shit for my benefit.

The only things of value i can offer are my latios (bold) and my groudon that i can give away before i reset my game.

So i finally beat the my copy of OR/AS but i wanna start over with a new team. Can anyone help me gather the follow pokes with advantageous natures:

Hidden ability Torchic

Im making an assumption that since these games have been out for so long that many of you probably have these pokes (and tms) simply laying around in boxes. So dont think im asking for people to breed crazy shit for my benefit.

The only things of value i can offer are my latios (bold) and my groudon that i can give away before i reset my game.

I can get you Eevee, Tyrunt and Torchic for sure. I could check my bank to see if I have the rest, but I can't guarantee any good stats/natures for those.

I'd love a Groudon because I haven't caught mine yet XD

I can get you Eevee, Tyrunt and Torchic for sure. I could check my bank to see if I have the rest, but I can't guarantee any good stats/natures for those.

I'd love a Groudon because I haven't caught mine yet XD

What moves doss the tyrunt have. I was looking for dragon dance and ice or tbunderfang.

But yeah. I can give you my groudon. Then ill restart my game so we can trade. Im doing the delta episode quick so i should also be able to get a rayquaza and a deoxys. Now i do have another person breeding things for me so i dont wanna give you all my legends just yet.

How does groudon for torchic, tyrunt , and eevee sound? All three have goof natures right?

If the other person doesnt want legends i can give you the rayquaza a deoxys.

entremet

Hidden ability Torchic

I need a Groudon. We've traded before, so you probably have my FC still. My in game name is Brendan.

I can give you a Protean Froakie. What nature?

Edit: Aveyn beat me to the Groundon.

What moves doss the tyrunt have. I was looking for dragon dance and ice or tbunderfang.

But yeah. I can give you my groudon. Then ill restart my game so we can trade. Im doing the delta episode quick so i should also be able to get a rayquaza and a deoxys. Now i do have another person breeding things for me so i dont wanna give you all my legends just yet.

How does groudon for torchic, tyrunt , and eevee sound? All three have goof natures right?

If the other person doesnt want legends i can give you the rayquaza a deoxys.

Tyrunt has DD and the three elemental Fangs plus its HA. It is Jolly and 5 IV missing Sp. Def.

Eevee is 5 IV HP Fire and bred specifically to be an Espeon : D

Torchic is the worst of the three, but it's Adamant and 4 IV.

Sure, Groudon for the 3 is fine. I wasn't going to do anything with these mons anyway.

EDIT: I don't need Groudon; you can give Groudon to the person who wanted it.

To passerby Brett,

My bad dude. My wife called me to help with my youngest because she was taking pictures. I totally forgot I was battling you when I closed my 3DS. I feel horrible especially since you waited 18 minutes to finish the battle. When you won the battle I saw that you logged off, I hope I didn't ruin your gaming day.

Tyrunt has DD and the three elemental Fangs plus its HA. It is Jolly and 5 IV missing Sp. Def.

Eevee is 5 IV HP Fire and bred specifically to be an Espeon : D

Torchic is the worst of the three, but it's Adamant and 4 IV.

Sure, Groudon for the 3 is fine. I wasn't going to do anything with these mons anyway.

EDIT: I don't need Groudon; you can give Groudon to the person who wanted it.

Cool. Can you give me a chance to wrap up the delta episode so i can catch rayquaza and doexsys? It might sweeten the pot for other people to help me. But ill gice you the groudon for sure. Whats your availability like today?

Entrement: I can give you a legend for protean froakie. Im looking for a timid one.

Edit: well its looks like the groudon is up for grabs again. Whats your availibility like today entrement?

entremet

Cool. Can you give me a chance to wrap up the delta episode so i can catch rayquaza and doexsys? It might sweeten the pot for other people to help me. But ill gice you the groudon for sure. Whats your availability like today?

Entrement: I can give you a legend for protean froakie. Im looking for a timid one.

Yeah. I can get a timid one pretty easily. You want Ice Beam on it, right. I'll be available for 20 more minutes. Let me breed your Froakie. Should be quick. I'll PM you when ready.

Let me know if you need any other TM moves on it.

Yeah. I can get a timid one pretty easily. You want Ice Beam on it, right. I'll be available for 20 more minutes. Let me breed your Froakie. Should be quick. I'll PM you when ready.

Let me know if you need any other TM moves on it.

Yes to ice beam and dark pulse if you have it

Can you put it in a box for me? Im heading out in a bit. When will you be available again today?

Edit: well its looks like the groudon is up for grabs again. Whats your availibility like today entrement?

Sure, I can wait.

I was gonna ask, but I deleted Thunder Fang to make space for Stone Edge.

Also, I looked through my bank and I have an Elekid and Gastly for you, both with good natures : )

EDIT: I'm in GMT, so I'll only be around for 4-5 hours today.

Sure, I can wait.

I was gonna ask, but I deleted Thunder Fang to make space for Stone Edge.

Also, I looked through my bank and I have an Elekid and Gastly for you, both with good natures : )

EDIT: I'm in GMT, so I'll only be around for 4-5 hours today.

Okay. Sounds great. Can you just set them aside for me and ill pm you when im ready.

You didnt want anything in return correct?

I can give you my ray and deoxsys If you want.

entremet

Yes to ice beam and dark pulse if you have it

Can you put it in a box for me? Im heading out in a bit. When will you be available again today?

Got your Froakie. It can't learn Dark Pulse or inherit it

You'll need to wait until it reaches its 2nd evolution before you can teach it.

I'll be available again around 9pm EDT.

Sure.

Well, I wouldn't say "no" to a Rayquaza and Deoxys. But if you don't get them in time, I'll just take random junk Pokemon.

Cool. Entrement will be available around 9pm est. Will you also be available then? The two of you combined comprises my entire team so itd be awesomw if we coukd synchronize this?

Cool. Entrement will be available around 9pm est. Will you also be available then? The two of you combined comprises my entire team so itd be awesomw if we coukd synchronize this?

Unfortunately, I'll be asleep then.

If Entrement can trade now quick, I can trade the Pokemon to them, maybe?

I can finish up the delta episode and then trade all my legends to you. Then once i restart, you can trade me the pokes i requested along with my groudon for entrement.

Okay, it took me a while, but I think I understand now.

Do you have an ETA? I'll be around for 3 hours before I go to sleep.

Ummm...okay. i figure a GAF member is trustworthy. So when will you be back?

A hour's time or less. I'm heading off for a late night dinner.

Haha, you can trust me. You can try searching my name if you're unsure.

EDIT: Whoops, do you still want to trade over your Latios?

EDIT2: I'll be back later as promised.

A hour's time or less. I'm heading off for a late night dinner.

Haha, you can trust me. You can try searching my name if you're unsure.

EDIT: Whoops, do you still want to trade over your Latios?

EDIT2: I'll be back later as promised.

Its all good. I already restarted and ive caught eight pokes so ill be ready to trade when you get back.

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy using your kick-ass team : P

Thanks for Ray and Deoxys as well. I've been too lazy to catch my Deoxys, so it's still waiting at the top of the Sky Pillar, haha.

One more favor lol. If i traded back the elekid could you put brick break on it for me?

Edit: nvm. Elekid learns low kick. Thanks again, man.

Azuran

Banned
Anyone want some Bulbasaur, Buneary, or Lotad breeding rejects? I figure I might share a few here before I wonder trade them all away

turbocat

Anyone want some Bulbasaur, Buneary, or Lotad breeding rejects? I figure I might share a few here before I wonder trade them all away

I'd take one of each, actually. Would you like breeding rejects in return? My FC is 0920-0154-0960, and my name is Drew.

Azuran

Banned
It may be the worst bird of them all, but Noctowl (in a moon ball!) is so damn majestic I can't help but love the guy. I'm going to throw him into a team and watch him wreck stuff.

Do mega's get the stat increase the same turn they mega evolve or the turn after?

I haven't used a Mega Pokémon since my copy of X but I was always under the impression that the stat increase came the same turn it mega evolve.
I Google Beedrill to get ideas on a build and to see its mega stats. I clicked on the Smogon link and read threw their multiple builds and the site said on almost all of its builds that Protect is important because it doesn't receive the stat increase until the turn after.

Top Bottom