• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

I'm waiting until my actual birthday, I asked for nenkyu on that day too. Lol

I could do adamant foursome. Lol should I give them on gaf or just wonder trade then away? Haha

Yeah, wanted to do it on my birthday last year, just time I had was a few days before. :(

I don't think WT deserves crap really. I've stopped WTing even my rejects. So tired of the shit Pokemon from start of ORAS. Kind of feel like it was worse with ORAS than X/Y. I'd get lucky sometimes with a good breeding reject, or something crazy.

lupinko

Ah good point, and Joe confirmed to me in the community thread that you can get Shiny Arceus in a 1 in 19 chance for the prebookings. And like Darkrai, you can have multiple Arceus redeemed. @_@

I was going to get two anyway (I wanted one in English and one in Japanese), but now I'm kinda tempted. haha

Hopefully I can also score Arceus codes via trades since movie tickets can be pricey (and the movie could be garbage like the Diancie one last year LOL).

Muku

It can't be worse than last years.
Or can it?

Yeah, 1 in 19, but you could buy 40 tickets and still not technically get it. I want to find other communities that do movie code trading, but I just can't ever bring myself to want to sign up for reddit. GAF4lyf I guess lol.

lupinko

It can't be worse than last years.
Or can it?

Yeah, 1 in 19, but you could buy 40 tickets and still not technically get it. I want to find other communities that do movie code trading, but I just can't ever bring myself to want to sign up for reddit. GAF4lyf I guess lol.

We can try to figure something out, I didn't hoard all those Tanabata Jirachi, Corocoro Rayzilla and Scrap Shaymin for nothing! lol

lupinko

LOL how many Shaymin scrap codes you end up with anyway?

Germany getting all dat love.

24, although it could just be 18, I'm debating if the final 8 I have should just become another Keldeo and 2 Shaymin instead. I still have the end of April but yikes! I gotta do my stuff like before the end of this week or something. haha

Muku

24, although it could just be 18, I'm debating if the final 8 I have should just become another Keldeo and 2 Shaymin instead. I still have the end of April but yikes! I gotta do my stuff like before the end of this week or something. haha

Ahhhh, yeah, I had a debate with myself during some of that. Wanted trio for myself and thought maybe a trio set for trade would be nice. The Shaymin won out. That's also why I did one a day last month so time wouldn't slip. Feb 7 - 26, one a day. Was tiring still but was glad to get it done. Sooner the better, because time is of the essence. (And I was worried I'd forget/run out of time.) Guess it depends on the demand.

Azuran

Banned
Congrats Zapdos, you're officially more annoying to soft reset than Thundurus. Stop spamming agility and messing with my speed check you ass.

JoeM86

Just about to stream my latest batch of wacky gimmicks, though I went a bit generic on these ones after the failure of my Furfrou and Altaria combo last time

Kssio_Aug

Just arrived!! =)
a3Risxt.jpg

upandaway

Just beat Steven, seeing the nice and chill bike ride home now. This ending's really nice, I can see my team developing and stuff.

I was really underleveled, had no special attackers, and only 5 Pokemon, so the league was really hard. I kinda abused revives + Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet just to kill the Mega Metagross (keeps getting attack buffs, has priority, crazy defense, OHKOs everything, I had no other way).

Hoenn is a great region, but man, I was hunting trainers on the ocean for like 10 in-game hours. There was a lot of ocean. It was a lot of fun though.

Now to figure out how I can get Bank, because Nintendo doesn't like my credit card.

Just about to stream my latest batch of wacky gimmicks, though I went a bit generic on these ones after the failure of my Furfrou and Altaria combo last time
I'll just stick this here in case you didn't you figure it out (you did sound surprised on the steam). I don't do twitch chat so no idea if they got it.

Stoutland had Sand Rush. There is no other logical reason to lead it with it Hippowdon. Given it is the slowest weather setter you would use as a lead there isn't much you can do to stop that speed order being set for turn 1. Bit odd for that opponent to run dual weather. Shame they didn't use their Cherrim. I remember once leading Ninetales against one of those...talk about helping your opponent out and learning the lesson of what exactly flower gift does.

Kssio_Aug

Just go into your bag and find it and turn it off. Think it's considered a key item now?

I still dont have it. Almost just started the game to be honest. It may sound quite of a noob question but thats because I have not plyed any pokemon since Crystal in GBC.

Loving it already though!

Edit:
How do I trade though?
I just tried with a recent pokemon I got and it was traded randomly. Doesnt have a option where I can actually see the pokemon of a random person before complete the trade?

StoneFox

Edit:
How do I trade though?
I just tried with a recent pokemon I got and it was traded randomly. Doesnt have a option where I can actually see the pokemon of a random person before complete the trade?
To trade manually (ie to have both people show the offered pokemon before the trade is agreed upon) you need to ask people on PSS to trade with you. You can do this with anyone, even passerbys, but they are allowed to ignore you at their leisure.

Another option is to use the GTS, this is where you offer a pokemon you want to trade, and then ask for a specific pokemon in return (barring special pokemon like Mew or events). If someone else takes you up on your offer, then the trade will be completed even if your system is off since it's done over Nintendo's servers. The only qualifications you can specify is the species, gender (if it has one) and level of the pokemon you want. You cannot guarantee someone will trade you something with egg moves for instance.

The third option for trade is likely what you did: Wonder Trade. This trading is entirely random, the only control factor you have is what pokemon you are sending out. The pokemon you get in return is based on the other person but oftentimes people send out breeding rejects or common pokemon that have no worth. It's all in the luck of the draw and it's not really a serious trading option, although personally I have gotten lucky by getting a few legendaries out of it somehow.

Ohh, hope you feel better soon. Colds are such a nuisance.

Yeah, I figured asking for a female might have been a bit much since they're way less common. Thanks and take it easy!

Took a while but I managed to fill a box.

Let's check the stats...

LOL, number 2 is a flawless male. I also have 5 other flawless spreads, including a female with its HA : D

I assume the ability doesn't matter, since it's just breeding fodder? If so, I'll give you a Run Away/Adaptability one, if you don't mind.

Took a while but I managed to fill a box.

Let's check the stats...

LOL, number 2 is a flawless male. I also have 5 other flawless spreads, including a female with its HA : D

I assume the ability doesn't matter, since it's just breeding fodder? If so, I'll give you a Run Away/Adaptability one, if you don't mind.

Oh like, you got 5 of the spread I needed? The non-HA is fine, thank you!! And yay, a 6IV for you. :D Did you want to trade FCs? Mine's on my profile.

Oh like, you got 5 of the spread I needed? The non-HA is fine, thank you!! And yay, a 6IV for you. :D Did you want to trade FCs? Mine's on my profile.

Yup XD

I thought I'd get 1 or 2 or something.

Not sure if I updated my FC; it's 4613-8294-9204 (GamerGuides).

Actually I have plenty of RNG'd Dittos, so you can save it for somebody who needs it. I don't need anything back; I'm just happy to get a Nest Ball Eevee for myself : P

Yup XD

I thought I'd get 1 or 2 or something.

Not sure if I updated my FC; it's 4613-8294-9204 (GamerGuides).

Actually I have plenty of RNG'd Dittos, so you can save it for somebody who needs it. I don't need anything back; I'm just happy to get a Nest Ball Eevee for myself : P

OK added you! I'm on now. :D

Kssio_Aug

To trade manually (ie to have both people show the offered pokemon before the trade is agreed upon) you need to ask people on PSS to trade with you. You can do this with anyone, even passerbys, but they are allowed to ignore you at their leisure.

Another option is to use the GTS, this is where you offer a pokemon you want to trade, and then ask for a specific pokemon in return (barring special pokemon like Mew or events). If someone else takes you up on your offer, then the trade will be completed even if your system is off since it's done over Nintendo's servers. The only qualifications you can specify is the species, gender (if it has one) and level of the pokemon you want. You cannot guarantee someone will trade you something with egg moves for instance.

The third option for trade is likely what you did: Wonder Trade. This trading is entirely random, the only control factor you have is what pokemon you are sending out. The pokemon you get in return is based on the other person but oftentimes people send out breeding rejects or common pokemon that have no worth. It's all in the luck of the draw and it's not really a serious trading option, although personally I have gotten lucky by getting a few legendaries out of it somehow.

Sorry, but whats GTS?
Youre right though, the one I tried before was Wonder Trade.

But fellas, I'm addicted to Pokemon OR. In two days, at my free time only, I played almost 7 hours already. Long time I don't play a game that much in so little time!
If someone's interested, add me: 5086-4081-2425.

StoneFox

Sorry, but whats GTS?
Youre right though, the one I tried before was Wonder Trade.

But fellas, I'm addicted to Pokemon OR. In two days, at my free time only, I played almost 7 hours already. Long time I don't play a game that much in so little time!
If someone's interested, add me: 5086-4081-2425.
GTS is the Global Trade Station, you should be able to find it on your PSS screen. :) When you click it you'll be sent to a screen that gives you the options of:

SEEK POKEMON
DEPOSIT POKEMON

the first option lets you search for a pokemon you want and what people want for them in return. Most people are desperate and will ask for legendaries for caterpies or something but you can still get a good deal every once and a while. The second option lets you deposit a pokemon for trade and you ask what you want in return but people won't trade you if it's not a good deal to them. It's better than Wonder Trade but still not as good as straight up asking people to trade like in this thread. :3 But it's a fast way to get Golem and Machamp and such since people do trade evos for trade evos all the time on GTS.

turbocat

Last year, I went through at least 700-800 Squirtle eggs with no shiny, but I'm starting it up again while I re-watch season 4 of Game of Thrones. I've hatched about 45 thus far. What do you guys do while hatching eggs?

What great timing XD

Just let me know when you're both free to receive it. I will be busy this weekend though because of events... including a Pokemon tournament in Manchester! (Where I'll be casually, rather than seriously battling.)

lupinko

What great timing XD

Just let me know when you're both free to receive it. I will be busy this weekend though because of events... including a Pokemon tournament in Manchester! (Where I'll be casually, rather than seriously battling.)

Are you sure you don't want Shiny Naive Latios? You have a shiny Latios already, but I bet not Naive, and why not? XD

Good luck on your tourney.

I think I'm done with potential battling as I've completely been entrenched in the hustlin and organized poke cr--err legitimate poke business.

Azuran

Banned
Last year, I went through at least 700-800 Squirtle eggs with no shiny, but I'm starting it up again while I re-watch season 4 of Game of Thrones. I've hatched about 45 thus far. What do you guys do while hatching eggs?

Cry and pray to RNGesus. That's also why I'll never bother going for a single shinny egg in my life. I'll probably go insane and even if he hatches, chances are that he won't have perfect stats because the RNG is best at trolling.

Kssio_Aug

GTS is the Global Trade Station, you should be able to find it on your PSS screen. :) When you click it you'll be sent to a screen that gives you the options of:

SEEK POKEMON
DEPOSIT POKEMON

the first option lets you search for a pokemon you want and what people want for them in return. Most people are desperate and will ask for legendaries for caterpies or something but you can still get a good deal every once and a while. The second option lets you deposit a pokemon for trade and you ask what you want in return but people won't trade you if it's not a good deal to them. It's better than Wonder Trade but still not as good as straight up asking people to trade like in this thread. :3 But it's a fast way to get Golem and Machamp and such since people do trade evos for trade evos all the time on GTS.

Thanks a lot!! Will keep that in mind!

Muku

Watch YouTube, or shows I need to catch up on. Even then it can still be boring as heck. Then there are times I just listen to music while trying to hatch them. Anything to keep your mind busy. Though I do force myself to pay attention after hatching a batch. Before I toss them into the PC, because some are difficult to note their shininess, I'll sit through and go to their summary to make sure none have the shiny marker.

Top Bottom