• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

backlot

Do mega's get the stat increase the same turn they mega evolve or the turn after?

I haven't used a Mega Pokémon since my copy of X but I was always under the impression that the stat increase came the same turn it mega evolve.
I Google Beedrill to get ideas on a build and to see its mega stats. I clicked on the Smogon link and read threw their multiple builds and the site said on almost all of its builds that Protect is important because it doesn't receive the stat increase until the turn after.
You get the stat increases the same turn but move order is determined before evolving. Beedrill doesn't get the benefit of its higher speed stat until the next turn.

You get the stat increases the same turn but move order is determined before evolving. Beedrill doesn't get the benefit of its higher speed stat until the next turn.

Thanks for telling me this. I did not know. This actually explains a lot. Shame people are so pissing about Mega Lucario. Only Mega I like so far.

You don't have to play by Smogon rules.

I don't play by smogon rules. I don't even follow them, I just look at their Poke builds to give me an idea for mine.

When I used to use a Mega Lucario it was always the same, it was aways a good back and forth battle then it'll come down to Lucario which was my clutch at the time and when he Mega Evolve the other person would disconnect. I got tired of it so I stopped using him.

entremet

I don't play by smogon rules. I don't even follow them, I just look at their Poke builds to give me an idea for mine.

When I used to use a Mega Lucario it was always the same, it was aways a good back and forth battle then it'll come down to Lucario which was my clutch at the time and when he Mega Evolve the other person would disconnect. I got tired of it so I stopped using him.

Oh I see.

Yeah, the Smogon rule set is so pervasive that you will find people on Battle Spot who follow it. That's why you're getting the disconnects.

I don't see much Japanese players following it, so that may be a better time to bring him out.

Spare lucky egg and electrilizer anyone?

I thought i could farm pellipers for eggs much earlier but that doesnt seem to be the case. And it looks like i cant get an eletrilizer on my own until i beat the game.

Velcro Fly

Trying to transfer from the demo and Steven's ass tells me to come see him tomorrow.

What the fuck is that I want my Mega Glalie without having to work hard :(

backlot

Oh I see.

Yeah, the Smogon rule set is so pervasive that you will find people on Battle Spot who follow it. That's why you're getting the disconnects.

I don't see much Japanese players following it, so that may be a better time to bring him out.

Maybe on low ranks in Battle Spot you'll see this but I doubt it will continue as you move higher up the ladder. Mega Gengar and Kangaskhan are two of the top 3 most used Pokemon in Battle Spot singles despite being banned by Smogon.

Trying to transfer from the demo and Steven's ass tells me to come see him tomorrow.

What the fuck is that I want my Mega Glalie without having to work hard :(
You changed the clocks (or played ORAS on a different system) didn't you? He will always say that until you save the demo followed by waiting a day.

Saving the demo is done by a completing an adventure.

I have 5 eggs on my Omega Ruby that I want to transfer over to my Alpha Saphire. I bred these eggs for a story run. Can someone help my transfer them over?

My FC is 0404 8792 9528
ign Michael

I have 5 eggs on my Omega Ruby that I want to transfer over to my Alpha Saphire. I bred these eggs for a story run. Can someone help my transfer them over?

My FC is 0404 8792 9528
ign Michael

I can help you if you give me a minute. You can help me evolve my gengar.

4442 1557 9051

Let me catch some pokes and ill head on.

Velcro Fly

You changed the clocks (or played ORAS on a different system) didn't you? He will always say that until you save the demo followed by waiting a day.

Saving the demo is done by a completing an adventure.

probably changing the clock for DST.

i'll do a quick run through of the demo so i can transfer tomorrow D:

Daemul

Smogon testing Giratina-Origin in OU

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-ou-suspect-process-round-3-ghosts.3533937/

After removing from the metagame numerous offensive powerhouses, we realized that the time had come to invert the course. Presently, the OU metagame is stale and the abundance of defensively oriented teams led us to believe that a mixed attacker with great defensive and offensive typing will probably give back some vivacity to the tier. Right at the beginning of the X/Y era, many people suggested that Giratina-Origin shouldn't have been included in the initial banlist. Its base statistics are on par with those of several other Pokémon who characterize the current OU metagame and the fact that it's forced to run Griseous Orb makes Giratina-O a relatively predictable threat. Likewise, according to top players of the caliber of gr8astard and McMeghan, Giratina-O's 150/100/100 defenses will help balanced teams deal with threats such as Charizard-Y, Landorus-I and Serperior.

6268448400_7877bec5b5_o.png

This has to be an early April Fools joke, it just has to be. Haunter has to be trolling.

Any down to help me evolve my electabuzz?

I don't have a spare Electrilizer, but I can help you trade.

1349-4579-7239

Also, when I was filling out my dex, for trade evolutions I would just trade my non-evolved Pokemon holding the item for the evolved version, e.g. Scyther + Metal Coat for a Scizor. Might make it easier for you, though sometimes it can take a few hours if you're not lucky.

I don't have a spare Electrilizer, but I can help you trade.

1349-4579-7239

Also, when I was filling out my dex, for trade evolutions I would just trade my non-evolved Pokemon holding the item for the evolved version, e.g. Scyther + Metal Coat for a Scizor. Might make it easier for you, though sometimes it can take a few hours if you're not lucky.

Thats fine. I have one :)

4442 1557 9051

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a spare PrismScale and Dusk Stone?

I have 87 battle points in Omega Ruby. I can either teach one of your Pokemon a move that needs battle points or buy you something frI'm the battle maison.

FC 0404 8792 9528

Does anyone have a spare PrismScale and Dusk Stone?

I have 87 battle points in Omega Ruby. I can either teach one of your Pokemon a move that needs battle points or buy you something frI'm the battle maison.

FC 0404 8792 9528

Hey, I was wondering if you'd be able to teach my Sylveon for a Dusk Stone? My FC's 1349-4579-7239, in-game is Sen.

Cool, would you want anything else if you're going to trade me both?

Would you be OK with teaching my Flareon Superpower too?

For the Sylveon, could you replace its Wish with Hyper Voice, and if you can teach my Flareon, can you replace its Flame Charge with Superpower?

I'll attach the items to them. Thank you! ^_^

So I guess they're moving into the digital strategy guide market now. Little bit behind, but for $9.99 you can get it on iTunes. I imagine most folks would just prefer to hit GameFAQs. It's well, free. Maybe it's not interactive, but I'll take free.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/interactive-strategy-at-your-fingertips/

I do buy the hard guides because I don't always have an internet connection (I tend to use Gamefaqs/Serebii if I do) if this works offline and on Android it wouldn't be bad for those situations (the physical pokemon guides are pretty bulky so e-versions would be nice)

lupinko

It's still my birthday here in Japan so here's my PokeBirthday stuff.

SJKDdddl.jpg

hTEjYycl.jpg

I went for Glaceon, it's amusing because the guy gave me 3 Rayzilla codes initially because of my XY LL (AS eshop, Y eshop, AS cart), then for fun I brought out XL and showed that I have OR eshop, X eshop, OR cart, and he gave me another 3 codes. Lol

Too bad I didn't bring my New 3DS with ORAS plates, haha.

It's funny because the codes don't work on non-JP games
without region based hacking I'm told
, anyway I got another 3 at 7-11 afterward.

Edit: Bonus pics!

45tI5mdl.jpg

1VOd7u0l.jpg

0fVFrNql.jpg

1UOWSYfl.jpg

nuK4GMkl.jpg

Hegarol

Can someone give me quick overview how the scrap thing works?

Is it possible to create codes for Shaymin, Victini and/or Keldeo myself or do I need help from someone in Japan?

Muku

Happy Birthday, Lupinko!! :D Nice haul! That Pikachu is so... me. LOL.

Can someone give me quick overview how the scrap thing works?

Is it possible to create codes for Shaymin, Victini and/or Keldeo myself or do I need help from someone in Japan?

You can go to the website, but it is in Japanese. If you need help though with it, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Requires you to register first. Then you log in and input the codes. When you reach milestones for stuff, it'll pop in a list below. You have to click button for it to reveal the actual code for the item/Pokemon. Memorized it claiming my 24 extra Shaymin plus my own Shaymin, Victini, and Keldeo, haha.

If you want to claim extra Shaymin/Victini/Keldeo, you'll need extra accounts. I basically had at end of it all 25 or so accounts to claim all the codes I had. HOWEVER! Aveyn gave me an amazing tip if you use GMail, you can use just one email and add dots in it to get it to work. For example, say my email is mukusaregreat@gmail.com (it's not, and I apologize if this is anyones email LOL) you could use that for one account. Next time you sign up you could use a dot in middle of it. m.ukusaregreat@gmail.com is how I started. I'd add a dot throughout my email til I reached end then would start over but with two dots. So after that round it'd go on to look like m..ukusaregreat@gmail.com and then m...ukusaregreat@gmail.com. Think I got up to 4 dots in my own email, but it's kind of short. They all go to your email inbox still when you sign up for accounts with dots in the email.

entremet

Happy Birthday, Lupinko!! :D Nice haul! That Pikachu is so... me. LOL.

You can go to the website, but it is in Japanese. If you need help though with it, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Requires you to register first. Then you log in and input the codes. When you reach milestones for stuff, it'll pop in a list below. You have to click button for it to reveal the actual code for the item/Pokemon. Memorized it claiming my 24 extra Shaymin plus my own Shaymin, Victini, and Keldeo, haha.

If you want to claim extra Shaymin/Victini/Keldeo, you'll need extra accounts. I basically had at end of it all 25 or so accounts to claim all the codes I had. HOWEVER! Aveyn gave me an amazing tip if you use GMail, you can use just one email and add dots in it to get it to work. For example, say my email is mukusaregreat@gmail.com (it's not, and I apologize if this is anyones email LOL) you could use that for one account. Next time you sign up you could use a dot in middle of it. m.ukusaregreat@gmail.com is how I started. I'd add a dot throughout my email til I reached end then would start over but with two dots. So after that round it'd go on to look like m..ukusaregreat@gmail.com and then m...ukusaregreat@gmail.com. Think I got up to 4 dots in my own email, but it's kind of short. They all go to your email inbox still when you sign up for accounts with dots in the email.
Do those codes work for NA regions? I'm guessing no, right?

lupinko

Do those codes work for NA regions? I'm guessing no, right?

No, and thanks for the birthday wishes everybody!

And I immediately used this coupon for Salarymanchu, also there's Tokyo Station and Kansai International Airchu now too.

qHfRlx3l.jpg

Unrelated store, but I kinda want that Duplica Ditto there.

bb68DCql.jpg

Muku

That Ditto being Pikachu is kind of adorable. :3

Happy birthday and congrats, man!

You've now joined the secret society of birthday Eevee owners : D

Weird moment of the day: this happened when I claimed my Amaura.

Birthday Eevee owners, yes! Birthday Umbreon owner here. If I was still there for my birthday this year I'd have gotten Sylveon.

Happy birthday, Lupinko!

God, that salaryman Pikachu.

I wish I could get one of those birthday Pokemon, but my birthday is in June. Everyone says that's a horrible time to be in Japan. :(

Top Bottom