• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Happy birthday, Lupinko!

God, that salaryman Pikachu.

I wish I could get one of those birthday Pokemon, but my birthday is in June. Everyone says that's a horrible time to be in Japan. :(

Why's that? I'd say worst time is Golden Week. Everything gets jacked up in cost.. and people everywhere.

lupinko

Happy birthday. Hope I'm not late.

Thanks! It's still the 31st in North America so it's not late.

Happy birthday, Lupinko!

God, that salaryman Pikachu.

I wish I could get one of those birthday Pokemon, but my birthday is in June. Everyone says that's a horrible time to be in Japan. :(

Thanks! June isn't that bad, just that it's when the weather gets annoying. And near the start of tourist season.

Muku

Thanks! June isn't that bad, just that it's when the weather gets annoying. And near the start of tourist season.

I guess it depends on where you are in Japan. But yeah Tokyo is busy. And all the city folk would come down to the beach where I lived. But even still you could go to beach and enjoy it. Maybe not find a place to camp, or throw away food (because trash cans would be over run and the hawks out in full force cleaning up anything that looked tasty, even if you are holding it in your hand, chicken included), but could hit up the seasonal beach resteraunts. I dunno, I didn't find June where I was was that bad. But maybe it was just because I lived in an area that became really crowded over time so I just assumed it was normal to deal with that many folks in a given day. (When I first moved there to neighborhood we were in, it was quiet.) But I also didn't go to Tokyo that often so imagine it's quite busy during then.

Best time of year, at least to me, is hanami. :3 I love that time so much. Ueno park is crazy then.

Muku

Why can't Pokemon Center US do monthly Pikachu.
Thank the goddess for Sunnyshore.

Really wish they'd do more with US PC. But glad they FINALLY got something going for the US at all. Still doesn't beat going into a store to see if you really want something first. I know they've done some Pikachu, but don't think they've kept up with all the ones in Japan. Feel like the US PC is lacking in some areas.

Why's that? I'd say worst time is Golden Week. Everything gets jacked up in cost.. and people everywhere.

Whenever I mention it to the Japanese friends I meet here, they make a negative expression and say "I wouldn't go during that time if I were you." My birthday is on June 2nd so I don't think it would be that bad, but oh well. :/

lupinko

If you live in the Tokyo area (Yokohama included due to train) you could probably get more than one Birthday Pokemon in a day.

There is only one store where I live so go figure.

Muku

Whenever I mention it to the Japanese friends I meet here, they make a negative expression and say "I wouldn't go during that time if I were you." My birthday is on June 2nd so I don't think it would be that bad, but oh well. :/

Hm, I dunno. Maybe I just lived there so long. I know in summer it can get pretty humid where I was at. But I grew up in that atmosphere, so I'm used to it. However, they don't realy believe in ACs during summer. The trains can get pretty warm at times. In winter though you can better believe they believe in heaters. I felt like after earthquake the AC thing got worse, especially on the trains. Though was due to conserving due to the power plants and all being shut down and waiting on the coal to be powered back up. But it's kind of stuck since then. If you actually get a chance to take it! [edited because apparently finishing my own thoughts this evening is a difficult task]

I guess they say that due to monsoons. I dunno, most recently I found them to be pretty tame. All the ones I went through there in my over 7 years there were all tamer than any hurricane I sat through here in the States. But I find them, while dangerous in their own right, pretty tame compared to hurricanes. At least when they hit where I was at. I grew up in hurricane alley, so I guess that time of season didn't bother me. Was actually a break from the heat, since they bring in cool air before they actually enter the area.

If you live in the Tokyo area (Yokohama included due to train) you could probably get more than one Birthday Pokemon in a day.

There is only one store where I live so go figure.

Are they not locked? I didn't even think about that. Though I'd recommend hitting up both PCs anyway if given the chance. The new Mega PC in Tokyo is pretty awesome.

lupinko

Hm, I dunno. Maybe I just lived there so long. I know in summer it can get pretty humid where I was at. But I grew up in that atmosphere, so I'm used to it. However, they don't realy believe in ACs during summer. The trains can get pretty warm at times. In winter though you can better believe they believe in heaters. I felt like after earthquake the AC thing got worse, especially on the trains. Though was due to conserving due to the power plants and all being shut down and waiting on the coal to be powered back up. But it's kind of stuck since then. If you actually get a chance to.

I guess they say that due to monsoons. I dunno, most recently I found them to be pretty tame. All the ones I went through there in my over 7 years there were all tamer than any hurricane I sat through here in the States. But I find them, while dangerous in their own right, pretty tame compared to hurricanes. At least when they hit where I was at. I grew up in hurricane alley, so I guess that time of season didn't bother me. Was actually a break from the heat, since they bring in cool air before they actually enter the area.

Are they not locked? I didn't even think about that. Though I'd recommend hitting up both PCs. The new Mega PC in Tokyo is pretty awesome.

I don't believe so, I recall reading people doing this. And it's a WC transfer from console to console remember.

I guess just move the WC around when you get another birthday poke? Lmao

Edit: or just use multiple games! Hahahaha

Muku

I don't believe so, I recall reading people doing this. And it's a WC transfer from console to console remember.

I guess just move the WC around when you get another birthday poke? Lmao

Edit: or just use multiple games! Hahahaha

I don't remember. Mainly because dude was all secretive with my 3DS once I handed it over LOL. It was like they didn't know how to handle it. It was a Japanese 3DS too, so it's not like I had my stuff in English or anything LOL. Also had issues with folks knowing where/how to get the egg at the Mega Tokyo PC last month. (I figured it was like previous stuff, but I couldn't find the one square inch or whatever they had set up to get it there. It literally was an extremely small area that could get the signal.) It's like Japanese folks got my 3DS and thought it was in a foreign language or something. Either that or I always got inexperienced folks dealing with me.

Multiple games would be easy for us, but not sure how many folks are that dedicated, LOL.

lupinko

Nah, just do it, you must for the birthday Pokemon!

I don't remember. Mainly because dude was all secretive with my 3DS once I handed it over LOL. It was like they didn't know how to handle it. It was a Japanese 3DS too, so it's not like I had my stuff in English or anything LOL. Also had issues with folks knowing where/how to get the egg at the Mega Tokyo PC last month. (I figured it was like previous stuff, but I couldn't find the one square inch or whatever they had set up to get it there. It literally was an extremely small area that could get the signal.) It's like Japanese folks got my 3DS and thought it was in a foreign language or something. Either that or I always got inexperienced folks dealing with me.

Multiple games would be easy for us, but not sure how many folks are that dedicated, LOL.

Yeah it does depend on the clerk you get when doing things at a PC.

Velcro Fly

Man this game has like the worst exp curve. Need like one more good dungeon with mid to high 40s trainers to fight. although i shouldn't say worst because Gen 2 has the worst.

i waited way too long to turn exp share on. i knew my levels were going to be piss for the E4 and i waited too long. now i get to grind for 8 hours on level 37 wild pokemon in victory road =/

Velcro Fly

Finished the game just now

And it was the Breloom that I nursed for 90% of the story as a Shroomish coming through clutch with Spore/Leech Seed. Claydol set up a reflect or something so I sent it in on a suicide mission to brick break it away. I decided to YOLO lead with Spore since I thought I could be faster. Turns out I was.

A few turns later it died to Leech Seed damage when my Manectric was in.

Total bust of the E4 was my Altaria. Total MVP was Absol soloing the first 2.5 of the E4.

Such an awesome gen and such a great remake.

Time to play Omega Ruby with a Gen 1 all-star team :)

JoeM86

Got a shiny Seel today...

in Icefall Cave in FireRed.

No better feeling than a shiny when it's a 1 in 8,192 chance...just like the old days.

Until I put it through the IV calculator, at least.

Muku

Just as a reminder, the scrap campaign ends at the end of the month. Make sure to make your claims! :3 It's so easy to forget and let time pass, so take this as your one month warning, haha.

If you have Pokemon you need to claim and need help with the website or claiming them, send a message my way and I'll help you however I can.

Got a shiny Seel today...

in Icefall Cave in FireRed.

No better feeling than a shiny when it's a 1 in 8,192 chance...just like the old days.

Until I put it through the IV calculator, at least.

After years of not playing I started up FR for some reason I don't remember and found a shiny Ratatta in the first route. Unfortunately I never transferred it up to gen 4 and can't do so now because it won't load up on my DS. I'm really curious whether it or X has my most hours total of playtime.

Just as a reminder, the scrap campaign ends at the end of the month. Make sure to make your claims! :3 It's so easy to forget and let time pass, so take this as your one month warning, haha.

If you have Pokemon you need to claim and need help with the website or claiming them, send a message my way and I'll help you however I can.

Just curious, how does the campaign work? Is there any way someone outside of Japan can obtain a code? Apparently you only need one code to get Shaymin and I would love if I were able to get one

Daemul

I must say, browsing r/pokemon has been interesting today. Seeing it turned into a watered down version of /vp/ - Pokemon, has gotten a few laughs out of me.

Muku

Just curious, how does the campaign work? Is there any way someone outside of Japan can obtain a code? Apparently you only need one code to get Shaymin and I would love if I were able to get one

Sure can. The scrap campaign is about cards coming in merchandise (though think at this point it's limited to Pokemon TCG booster packs) with a code. You take that code and go to the website (it's in Japanese) to make an account then register the code to your account. When you meet the milestone (1 code for Shaymin, 7 for Keldeo, 16 for Victini) you'll be able to redeem the code you need on the website to claim the Pokemon in-game. Can only do so on Japanese consoles though. Throughout the thing there are codes for items in-game. Like x1 Gold Nugget, x10 Luxury Balls, and if you register 20 cards you get x1 Masterball.

I know some folks here who aren't in Japan that have done trading elsewhere to nab codes. Or maybe imported packs that had codes in them. So yeah, you can be outside of Japan and get the codes. Actually helping a GAF member right now with the registration/redemption deal now for their Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini. :)

Sure can. The scrap campaign is about cards coming in merchandise (though think at this point it's limited to Pokemon TCG booster packs) with a code. You take that code and go to the website (it's in Japanese) to make an account then register the code to your account. When you meet the milestone (1 code for Shaymin, 7 for Keldeo, 16 for Victini) you'll be able to redeem the code you need on the website to claim the Pokemon in-game. Can only do so on Japanese consoles though. Throughout the thing there are codes for items in-game. Like x1 Gold Nugget, x10 Luxury Balls, and if you register 20 cards you get x1 Masterball.

I know some folks here who aren't in Japan that have done trading elsewhere to nab codes. Or maybe imported packs that had codes in them. So yeah, you can be outside of Japan and get the codes. Actually helping a GAF member right now with the registration/redemption deal now for their Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini. :)

I see. Was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to buy anything, lol. Thanks for the info!

lupinko

Half joking but due to randoms I don't know trying to ruin my hustle. Effectively immediately any Canadian GAFers that I don't know in PokeGAF or GAF are blacklisted for trades with me.

/hate hate hate rage rage rage

Loooool

Anyway I have to redeem my scrap stuff this week. Ugh so many Shaymin. This PokeHustle is hard work, this PokeTrafficking is serious.

Muku

I see. Was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to buy anything, lol. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome. :) Just curious, do you have a Japanese 3DS?

Half joking but due to randoms I don't know trying to ruin my hustle. Effectively immediately any Canadian GAFers that I don't know in PokeGAF or GAF are blacklisted for trades with me.

/hate hate hate rage rage rage

Loooool

Anyway I have to redeem my scrap stuff this week. Ugh so many Shaymin. This PokeHustle is hard work, this PokeTrafficking is serious.

Better get to that Shaymin hustling!

Anything known what the patches do except from "bugfixing"? Does it patch the injection stuff?
Well look at like this. To connect to the eShop you must be on firmware 9.6. Spidertools no longer work as of firmware 9.5.

So even if it did nothing at all it would still fix the problem from that perspective. Of course users with multiple systems can still use a firmware 9.0-9.4 system but that is no reason to do nothing at all.

Speaking of injections I managed to experience an interesting bug from my Pokemon Bank surrogate usage of it (since Nintendo say I can't subscribe because of their pointless NNID requirement). I managed to have 255 happiness Pokemon for Pokemon in Happiness based evolutions that would refuse to evolve. This was probably down to me copying and pasting them between two games and not setting the flags that normally get set during a trade (latest handler, residence history etc) resulting in the game updating the OT happiness value and then checking the current trainer value for evolution (which would be 0) and so failing the evolution check.

stn

Folks, need quick help. I asked this wayyyyyy back but haven't bought a 3DS since then. Now I'm going to. I want to transfer my characters from Platinum to either X or Y. Is this the procedure?

1. Buy Black, White, or Heart Gold
2. Beat one of those games
3. Beat X or Y
4. Upload characters from #1 game onto Pokemon Data Bank (can I get a link for this again, please?)
5. Download to 3DS

Is this it? What a hassle. Thanks for the help!

Muku

Folks, need quick help. I asked this wayyyyyy back but haven't bought a 3DS since then. Now I'm going to. I want to transfer my characters from Platinum to either X or Y. Is this the procedure?

1. Buy Black, White, or Heart Gold
2. Beat one of those games
3. Beat X or Y
4. Upload characters from #1 game onto Pokemon Data Bank (can I get a link for this again, please?)
5. Download to 3DS

Is this it? What a hassle. Thanks for the help!

HeartGold is generation 4. If you want to transfer up from Plat you'd need to transfer up from Plat up to B/W or B2/W2. You would have to beat Plat (which I assume you have). Don't believe you have to have beaten B/W/B2/W2 because the transporter program just pulls from Box 1. I could be wrong. You won't need to beat X/Y (could also get AS or OR if you wish instead) as you can access PokeBank once you have the Pokedex.

Transfer from Plat to B/W/B2/W2 (whichever you have). Download PokeBank from the store (and within Pokebank program download the Transporter which brings up from Gen 5 games). From here you use Transporter to pull Pokemon from your Gen 5 game (box 1 only, so if you have a lot, you'll have to keep replenishing Box 1). Then go to Pokebank to take out the box of Pokemon and arrange how you want. Then move Pokemon to Box 1 on your Gen 5 game again and repeat. You can Start to change your cursor to move more than one Pokemon at a time. Believe it's green that allows you to mass select a bunch.

Transferring up from the Gen 5 and below is a hassle, but once you do it once you're done. And I'm glad to have spent all those hours doing so because now I have my old friends with me.

Pokebank website

Also, don't forget Pokebank is $5 a year. Don't think they have a trial anymore. But it's totally worth it for the extra storage.

Edit: So, not sure how many here actually have a JPN 3DS, but I've got my Corocoro Eon Ticket code still. (Expires at end of next month I believe.) I got it without trying before I left Japan on my US AS. So, now that I have it on one game, really don't need it, haha. Got it in case, but I guess I'd have had an opportunity when they released it elsewhere, (Unfortunately, those were the few days I was without internet. I'd have been pissed otherwise.) So if anyone needs a JPN 3DS console Eon Ticket code, send me a message. Really only interested in giving it to someone who wants to use it, not use it as trade bait, or whatever other plans you have for it.

Azuran

Banned
HeartGold is generation 4. If you want to transfer up from Plat you'd need to transfer up from Plat up to B/W or B2/W2. You would have to beat Plat (which I assume you have). Don't believe you have to have beaten B/W/B2/W2 because the transporter program just pulls from Box 1. I could be wrong. You won't need to beat X/Y (could also get AS or OR if you wish instead) as you can access PokeBank once you have the Pokedex.

Slight correction, but you do need to beat BW first in order to access the Transfer Lab in Route 15 otherwise you can't move Pokemon from Gen IV.

JoeM86

New battle competition. This one gives Championship Points

CBmqvN0W8AAekkF.png

Region: International
Registration Period: April 16th 2015 - April 23rd 2015
Battle Period: April 24th 2015 - April 26th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Entry Gift: None

Syntsui

CBmqvN0W8AAekkF.png

Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Great, this will be the first one I'll participate considering a have multiple teams for doubles now.

Muku

Slight correction, but you do need to beat BW first in order to access the Transfer Lab in Route 15 otherwise you can't move Pokemon from Gen IV.

I meant if directly pulling from Gen 5. Should have noted otherwise. Brain was multitasking out the wazoo this morning. Apparently didn't even complete my thought on that on rereading it.

I'll tell you one thing this patch has done. Really drove traffic down on GTS. Typically about 10,000(+/-10%) trades are made an hour. It is looking like it is tracking at about 20% lower than that now. Not got much data for today though.

Interesting to see if this is a temporary effect or if 20% of users really are interested in not updating their 3DS systems.

stn

Also, don't forget Pokebank is $5 a year. Don't think they have a trial anymore. But it's totally worth it for the extra storage.
Thanks for everything! So, just to confirm one last time.

1. Buy B or W. Beat it.
2. Transfer Pokes from Platinum to BW by using 2 DS systems (I have a DS lite already)
3. Buy X or Y. Transfer Pokes from BW to X or Y through the Pokebank

You can just reply "yes" if this is all correct. Thanks for your help, man.

Muku

I'll tell you one thing this patch has done. Really drove traffic down on GTS. Typically about 10,000(+/-10%) trades are made an hour. It is looking like it is tracking at about 20% lower than that now. Not got much data for today though.

Interesting to see if this is a temporary effect or if 20% of users really are interested in not updating their 3DS systems.

Could be just that they haven't done it yet. I didn't bother until this morning. Went ahead because I had to get online to give someone some Pokeymanz. But in all honesty, GTS wise, I rarely put anything up anymore, not even Sandstorm Scatters. Just don't feel like it's worth the time. Though might be because I have most stuff. I'd rather help GAF with stuff anyway.

Thanks for everything! So, just to confirm one last time.

1. Buy B or W. Beat it.
2. Transfer Pokes from Platinum to BW by using 2 DS systems (I have a DS lite already)
3. Buy X or Y. Transfer Pokes from BW to X or Y through the Pokebank

You can just reply "yes" if this is all correct. Thanks for your help, man.

You basically transfer from BW via the Transporter that brings them into the Bank. (Remember it's a second thing to download and you can get it within the Pokebank app itself if I remember right.) But they link up so it allows you to bring up. But pretty much.

Edit: Finished helping Hegarol with his scrap campaign stuff, so if anyone else needs help I'm game.

Azuran

Banned

CBmqvN0W8AAekkF.png

Sweet, looks pretty straighforward so I'm in for one at last.

turbocat

And you have the Shiny Charm, right?

Yeah. Foreign Ditto, Shiny Charm, the works. Luck has yet to be on my side. This isn't the first batch of Squirtles that I've done, either...I'd say I bred close to 1k last year under the same circumstances, but I never really kept count.

Firestorm

Ugh 10 battles per day but I'm definitely in. Gonna see where I am after this weekend as I have two tournaments and see what I should set as my goal. I think I'll probably be aiming for a Top 32 finish in the International Challenge.

Azuran

Banned
Did the new update break battle spot or something? Everytime I find an opponent, I get kicked out back to the menu. Also, my opponents have been disconnecting a lot which is getting annoying when you're having a good battle.

JoeM86

Did the new update break battle spot or something? Everytime I find an opponent, I get kicked out back to the menu. Also, my opponents have been disconnecting a lot which is getting annoying when you're having a good battle.

The update didn't, no. There is an issue on their servers and they entered emergency maintenance an hour ago.

Edit: Maintenance over. The issue was to do with nicknames on Pokémon causing it to crash. They've temporarily made it so nicknames appear on Battle Spot, but will revert it later

Edit 2: Got my Shiny Charizard
CBp5AISWgAAojOG.png

Bladenic

This is random, but I was watching a Shadypenguinn video from a while ago and he did an inverse battle. I didn't know these existed? Does this mean Grass is the best type in inverse battles due to being the most resisted and doubly resisted Attack type?

entremet

Yeah. Foreign Ditto, Shiny Charm, the works. Luck has yet to be on my side. This isn't the first batch of Squirtles that I've done, either...I'd say I bred close to 1k last year under the same circumstances, but I never really kept count.

Yeah. That why I don't actively shiny hunt. Good luck to all of you do!

Top Bottom