• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Bladenic

Hi! Just started and beat Roxanne. I figure I would ask if anyone here has any HA Carvanha or Flash Fire Houndour for trade? Don't care about IVs, natures don't have to be ultra beneficial either. As I just started OR I don't have much (anything?) to offer but I thought I'd ask.

Velcro Fly

As we head into hour 2 of trying to fish up the legendary Staryu outside of Lilycove

There's no way the encounter rate for this thing is 5% right? I've seriously fished up 100+ Wailmer already.

entremet

They are. Just like any other time. I can't recall a time when they were set.

Though, if you're looking for a useable Shiny 'Zard, still think it's better to breed a shiny Charmie.

I've always wanted a competitive Shiny Zard. It's my favorite Shiny by far.

Carl7

Get one of those perfect Japanese dittos on the GTS and breed it, so far i got several shinies and i wasn't even looking for them.

You will have to ignore that they are hacked, though.

Velcro Fly

Finally got a Staryu!

Going to be the centerpiece of my team that wrecks Omega Ruby!

Then I can start putting together a pokedex :eek:

Muku

I've always wanted a competitive Shiny Zard. It's my favorite Shiny by far.

Totally worth it. I've breed a shiny physical Chamie and shiny special attack Charmie.

Anyone here have a Japanese 3DS and need an Eon ticket code? Ended up not needing he Corocoro code I have and would prefer it get used by someone who needs it. Also have JPN codes from Scrap Campaign I don't care so much about that are up for grabs as well. x1 Gold Nugget code, x10 Super Potion code, x10 Luxury Ball code, and x5 Rare Candy code. Send me a message if interested in anything.

Edit: I have gotten an extra Shaymin code this week. I'm going to give it away here. If you've not gotten one and want it, send me a message. Will throw names into a hat and draw a winner. Can provide WC picture as well. End time is 8PM Wednesday EDT. Title your PM "Shaymin Giveaway".

(For those curious, it has been claimed in Japanese. I tend to like to keep it that way since it is a Japanese event.)

SoulUnison

Banned
Totally worth it. I've breed a shiny physical Chamie and shiny special attack Charmie.

I spent weeks breeding a correctly-natured, egg-moved 5IV Shiny Charizard @ Charizardite Y.

I hate that they keep giving away these shiny Mons'. :(

I bred a shiny Metagross, too.

Muku

I spent weeks breeding a correctly-natured, egg-moved 5IV Shiny Charizard @ Charizardite Y.

I hate that they keep giving away these shiny Mons'. :(

I bred a shiny Metagross, too.

Yeah spent time on my Charmies. But I don't mind the shinies. It would take a lot of SRing to get a comp one since it's not a legendary with 3 guaranteed. Wish they'd bring out Shiny Ray though. I figure though with regular Pokemon ones we have spent time breeding are ones worth using.

Hegarol

Yeah spent time on my Charmies. But I don't mind the shinies. It would take a lot of SRing to get a comp one since it's not a legendary with 3 guaranteed. Wish they'd bring out Shiny Ray though. I figure though with regular Pokemon ones we have spent time breeding are ones worth using.
Could you come online for a second? I am cleaning up my friend safari and you have a Pokemon I don't have from anyone else :)

Muku

Could you come online for a second? I am cleaning up my friend safari and you have a Pokemon I don't have from anyone else :)

Sorry, went to bed straight after my last post. :( Let me know if you still need me online though. Will gladly hop on.

Ahnez

So.. I have X and Alpha, but just one 3ds and no friends around..

Is it possible to evolve my pokemon by trading them with myself in the gts?

Qurupeke

Is there a chance that someone can get a second code for the shiny Charizard? The event hasn't been announced here and I doubt it will...

I'm not sure how one thing follows another with the PGL news post:
We have conducted a brief maintenance period between 6:00 and 7:00 UTC on April 3, 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unscheduled downtime.

For the moment, Pokémon nicknames will be visible during Rating Battles and Free Battles in Random Matchups. This is a temporary measure, and we plan to revert to using actual Pokémon names in the near future.
Did the patch break something?

JoeM86

I'm not sure how one thing follows another with the PGL news post:

Did the patch break something?

The patch didn't, no. From what I've been given to understand, the alterations in the patch were minimal and were just to force an update if people wish to go online.

But something went awry on their server following the maintenance which caused this. Chances are they were tying fixes for the GTS upload issues (people able to bypass blocks, especially with certain nicknames which I will NOT be mentioning) and this was a resulting side effect.

So.. I have X and Alpha, but just one 3ds and no friends around..

Is it possible to evolve my pokemon by trading them with myself in the gts?

Yes. I do this all the time now. Never put the Pokemon you want to keep up for trade. Put a waste Pokemon up for trade and request what you want to keep.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Between yesterday and today I got around finishing the Elite Four and the Delta Episode. While pretty short it was sweet. I still think the Looker quest from X gave me more extra mileage but the story wasn't even close. Now to go legendary hunting and then move on to Kanto on SoulSilver.

Azuran

Banned
I decided to pull a Tobias and start a new game on my AS copy using legendaries. It's hilarious and I just can't help but laugh when you pull out a Thundurus on a little tube kid using an Azurill

Muku

I decided to pull a Tobias and start a new game on my AS copy using legendaries. It's hilarious and I just can't help but laugh when you pull out a Thundurus on a little tube kid using an Azurill

You should feel horrible. Make that kid quit his dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master first fight. You destroy kids worlds.
I just LOL thinking about it. Now I'm tempted when I get around to playing my JPN AS of doing the same. I'm a horrible person...

lupinko

I did that in White 2 with Dream Radar Legendaries + Jirachi + Celebi. Lol

Edit: I'm trying to start JPN HG with a Jirachi, Celebi, a shiny Starter
and Manaphy.

JoeM86

Reminds me of the anime episode in the start of Johto when Ash demolished a Casey's (a new trainer) team of Chikorita, Pidgey and Rattata with Charizard, upsetting her.

Muku

I did that in White 2 with Dream Radar Legendaries + Jirachi + Celebi. Lol

Edit: I'm trying to start JPN HG with a Jirachi, Celebi, a shiny Starter
and Manaphy.

You start your Shaymin farming?

Edit: Reminder for those who want a Shaymin, I'll be giving one out later this week. If you've not gotten one and would like one, send me a PM with "Shaymin Giveaway" as title. Ends Wednesday 8PM EDT. It's a JPN one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reminds me of the anime episode in the start of Johto when Ash demolished a Casey's (a new trainer) team of Chikorita, Pidgey and Rattata with Charizard, upsetting her.

Early Johto is bad (besides Ignorance is Blissey) but this episode has always stuck with me. Everyone dogpiles on Ash for doing this!

lupinko

You start your Shaymin farming?

Edit: Reminder for those who want a Shaymin, I'll be giving one out later this week. If you've not gotten one and would like one, send me a PM with "Shaymin Giveaway" as title. Ends Wednesday 8PM EDT. It's a JPN one.

I'm going to do it this week, so far in total 54 Rayzilla codes farmed.

Good thing that redemption ends in May.

Practically finished up the Fossil Fighters: Frontier project I dropped out of the GAF VGC tourney to focus on. Looking forward to switching back to Pokemon soon.

...Except my AS cart is who knows where. Shit. I am pretty sure in this house somewhere but that's it.

Think I have enough time to breed up a team on my OR cart I haven't really started a game on yet? I want to participate in the April International Challenge. I believe I do have lots of breeding fodder on the Bank, and I have lots of spare items and BP on XY so items shouldn't be an issue either, nor should TMs since I got 'em all on Y. So that stuff helps but I'm still not sure if it's doable...

Syntsui

This game does seem stale after you've caught everything you care about. Besides breeding and playing online, there is absolutely nothing worth to do.

Nintendo needs to improve the replayability with some daily/weekly/monthly events, some special appearences, special dungeons etc. Something like the check in that Shuffle has.

The online competitions are good, but to anyone that is absolutely sick of battling, or doesn't care about doubles, most of them are worthless.

lupinko

What are you doing with all those codes? oO

Hoard to trade later on, I still have 3 boxes full of Tanabata Jirachi from last year. In addition to those Pokescrap, and other events.

Yeah my pokegame is basically trading now. Lol

I can also farm Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi mainly because I luckily own the GC distribution discs and I have mastered Gen 3 RNG. And mainly because the Mew event was really dumb in Emerald (a one time Japan only event), I have a GBA PAR to get on said island. Actually a GBA PAR in itself is really rare nowadays too. Lol

Practically finished up the Fossil Fighters: Frontier project I dropped out of the GAF VGC tourney to focus on. Looking forward to switching back to Pokemon soon.

...Except my AS cart is who knows where. Shit. I am pretty sure in this house somewhere but that's it.

Think I have enough time to breed up a team on my OR cart I haven't really started a game on yet? I want to participate in the April International Challenge. I believe I do have lots of breeding fodder on the Bank, and I have lots of spare items and BP on XY so items shouldn't be an issue either, nor should TMs since I got 'em all on Y. So that stuff helps but I'm still not sure if it's doable...

There was a GAF VGC tourney?

Muku

I'm going to do it this week, so far in total 54 Rayzilla codes farmed.

Good thing that redemption ends in May.

Daaaaamn. Raking in them Rays. I kind of feel like my fun in this game has evolved thanks to a couple of yalls. XD I used to enjoy playing through. In X/Y it was even breeding Shinies. Now? I like to farm stuff. Scrap Pokemon, help others redeem their codes. I still haven't gotten Shiny Latias, but it has been a little bit. I dunno if I'm ever going to finsh AS or even get to OR at this rate, LOL.

lupinko

There was a GAF VGC tourney?

You should have seen the prizes I provided to the champion too!

Daaaaamn. Raking in them Rays. I kind of feel like my fun in this game has evolved thanks to a couple of yalls. XD I used to enjoy playing through. In X/Y it was even breeding Shinies. Now? I like to farm stuff. Scrap Pokemon, help others redeem their codes. I still haven't gotten Shiny Latias, but it has been a little bit. I dunno if I'm ever going to finsh AS or even get to OR at this rate, LOL.

Yep, and same. Also I have a lot of stuff for you too.

Muku

I got your shiny Emerald trio btw, although two of them still need to be brought up to Gen 6. Also a modest Duplica Ditto for breeding.

zomg that is awesome! Thank you. Just send me a message when it works for you. Also have your extra items on trash Pokemon now I think about it too.

Azuran

Banned
Oh the shame, I rage quit for the first time today when my opponent got 3 flinches on my Pokemon. Felt kinda good actually.

lupinko

zomg that is awesome! Thank you. Just send me a message when it works for you. Also have your extra items on trash Pokemon now I think about it too.

Yeah don't forget that the original breedables I sent to you were for you, you can return trash with the items and cloned items or just the clones of the breedables. I think probably the weekend is the best time to trade for me.

Oh the shame, I rage quit for the first time today when my opponent got 3 flinches on my Pokemon. Felt kinda good actually.

Haven't had that happen to me yet, I try to stay until the bitter end regardless. Lol

Muku

Yeah don't forget that the original breedables I sent to you were for you, you can return trash with the items and cloned items or just the clones of the breedables. I think probably the weekend is the best time to trade for me.

Yeah, that's why I said the stuff is on trash Pokes, hehe. Yeah probably best for me too.

Top Bottom