• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hmm let's see...

Pokemon Bank is gonna give my Omega Ruby a bit over 700 BP. That's enough to get the items and tutor moves I need to make a team from scratch right? Because if I don't gotta BP grind then that makes my life easier. And I have some good Ditto. So that just leaves, uh...

ANYBODY GOT SPITBACKS!? >_> <_<

Muku

Spitbacks?

But yeah, PokeBank is great for farming BP. I use it for that method because well, miles are worthless to me.

Reminder for folks wanting a Shaymin, I've got one up for grabs. Lottery for PokeGAF. Just send me a message with title of "Shaymin Giveaway" for a chance to enter. Ends tomorrow evening (Wednesday) at 8PM EDT. Shaymin is in Japanese for authenticity, since it is from the Scrap Campaign. (Thank you to Hegarol for giving me his extra, it wasn't required. Giving it away here for someone to enjoy though since I've got plenty of my own.)

Spitbacks are breeding leftovers that people sometimes keep. They typically have at least a few max IVs and a decent nature which cuts down time when breeding.

Azuran

Banned
Hmm let's see...

Pokemon Bank is gonna give my Omega Ruby a bit over 700 BP. That's enough to get the items and tutor moves I need to make a team from scratch right? Because if I don't gotta BP grind then that makes my life easier. And I have some good Ditto. So that just leaves, uh...

I have a few of pretty much every Pokemon on the Battle Spot top 12. Just give me a day to breed and you can have all of them. If I'm lucky, you might even get a few perfect ones :p

Muku

Spitbacks are breeding leftovers that people sometimes keep. They typically have at least a few max IVs and a decent nature which cuts down time when breeding.

I can't say I've ever heard that term used, but okay. Normally think they're just referred to as breeding rejects. At least that's all I've ever seen in terms thrown around for what you're talking about.

ZeroAKA

The cute "Happy Birthday" message at the Pokemon Center is a really nice touch. I almost forgot my birthday was today until I walked in.

Ahnez

So, there was a Darkrai event in Japan last year and one in UK this year

Any chance of one happening in America? :p The last one was 3 years ago (acording to serebii)

The cute "Happy Birthday" message at the Pokemon Center is a really nice touch. I almost forgot my birthday was today until I walked in.
Happy Birthday!

lupinko

Kudos to Aveyn yet again and I didn't know this was an event!

GgmSu0Yl.jpg

Haha, I entered for myself, you and Muku, although I haven't received Muku's yet.

It was from a Nintendo of Hong Kong Facebook event to celebrate Easter.

Funny thing: the event asked what Pokemon you'd like to receive, hinting that they're polling for a future event Pokemon.

Of course, I asked for crazy stuff like Shiny Shaymin, Shiny Arceus and (just because) Meloetta.

Muku

Happy Birthday!! :)

So, there was a Darkrai event in Japan last year and one in UK this year

Any chance of one happening in America? :p The last one was 3 years ago (acording to serebii)

I feel like they hate the Americas too much to give us anything kind of cool. SO glad I was there during Darkrai, because I'd never gotten it in the US before.

I didn't either until Hegarol needed one redeemed. I was like "Say what! I missed that!" Aveyn, if you get it for me that would be amazing. :D It's an adorable event for Easter.

You're welcome Hegarol. Glad to be able to help where I can here. :)

entremet

Hmm let's see...

How do you change from Miles to BP.

Muku

Why is Joe not reporting on Korean events? I only knew about it because of r/pokemontrades.

I only knew of the Charizard one last year because of folks here. But also because Facebook "thinks" it knows who you should interact with, from whatever hole it pulls whatever dumb agorithim from, probably is also to blame. I wouldn't friend/like pages if I didn't want to see stuff from them.

How do you change from Miles to BP.

You mean from your bank? Because bank should offer a choice of miles or BP, depending on which you want to choose.

Hegarol

I have got two shiny bulbasaur and one shiny Tyrant. All hatched from SVExchange. Anyone wanna change for other shinys? Working on a shiny dex :)

I didn't either until Hegarol needed one redeemed. I was like "Say what! I missed that!" Aveyn, if you get it for me that would be amazing. :D It's an adorable event for Easter.
Will do. I was gonna keep it a surprise like I did for lupinko XD

Around that time, I was busy writing stuff as well, so I didn't have time to post on GAF anyway.

Why is Joe not reporting on Korean events? I only knew about it because of r/pokemontrades.

I'm assuming because only European and American fans frequent the site and the Japanese stuff is there to make you jealous. No sense making you more jealous with Korean (or Hong Kong) events XD

Muku

Will do. I was gonna keep it a surprise like I did for lupinko XD

Around that time, I was busy writing stuff as well, so I didn't have time to post on GAF anyway.

I'm assuming because only European and American fans frequent the site and the Japanese stuff is there to make you jealous. No sense making you more jealous with Korean (or Hong Kong) events XD

Bwa hahahaha. XD

Well, least I can claim HK events. Just wish FB would start showing it again. :(

Ahnez

I feel like they hate the Americas too much to give us anything kind of cool. SO glad I was there during Darkrai, because I'd never gotten it in the US before.
It do feels like the other regions always gets the better events..

When one finally comes, I just hope its not a Serial Code, as its always hard to get one of them

Why my fav. pokemon had to be an event-only one

Why brain :p

Muku

When one finally comes, I just hope its not a Serial Code, as its always hard to get one of them

What's your favorite?

My problem is the serial codes get distributed at the worst store in America. ;_; I miss my choices. Babbages, EB, Funcoland, the Hollywood Video one (can never remember their name) before the monster came to take over the world. Meeeeh. Though for America it seems they're fond of serial codes. I guess it's to make people go to HellStop.

lupinko

I have got two shiny bulbasaur and one shiny Tyrant. All hatched from SVExchange. Anyone wanna change for other shinys? Working on a shiny dex :)

I can RNG you real shiny Adamant Groudon and shiny Modest Kyogre with your OT of choice. :)

What's your fave event only pokemon?

I am basically PokeGAF's Don Giovanni Corleone when it comes to events.

e.g. I have the Celebi and Jirachi distribution discs for farming.

Ahnez

What's your favorite?

My problem is the serial codes get distributed at the worst store in America. ;_; I miss my choices. Babbages, EB, Funcoland, the Hollywood Video one (can never remember their name) before the monster came to take over the world. Meeeeh. Though for America it seems they're fond of serial codes. I guess it's to make people go to HellStop.
Its actually between Lucario and
Darkrai

Well, my problem with serial codes is that, sometimes, they are not distributed here where I live.. (Well.. Diancie did came, but I missed :p)

Muku

Its actually between Lucario and
Darkrai

Well, my problem with serial codes is that, sometimes, they are not distributed here where I live.. (Well.. Diancie did came, but I missed :p)

Ahhhh, cool. Unfortunately no extras of that to help ya. :(

Diancie was a crapshoot from hearing friends talk about it. Which is a huge problem with serial codes.

EDIT:

Shaymin Giveaway has closed.

I do have some fantastic news though. Everyone who sent in a message is a winner! I'd like to thank Hegarol for giving me the initial one I was giving away. Aveyn earlier today gave me several more which allows me to make everyone who sent in a message a winner. Thank you Aveyn!

I will be sending messages out shortly regarding it. Congratulations all!

Ahnez

What's your fave event only pokemon?

I am basically PokeGAF's Don Giovanni Corleone when it comes to events.

e.g. I have the Celebi and Jirachi distribution discs for farming.
I noticed lol

Its Darkrai
But because it is a rare event-only one, and SRing them can take a very long time, I rather get one by myself :p

Ahhhh, cool. Unfortunately no extras of that to help ya. :(

Diancie was a crapshoot from hearing friends talk about it. Which is a huge problem with serial codes.
I just learned about the Diancie event when a relative showed me his, three months after the event :p

lupinko

I noticed lol

Its Darkrai
But because it is a rare event-only one, and SRing them can take a very long time, I rather get one by myself :p

I just learned about the Diancie event when a relative showed me his, three months after the event :p

I see your situation, how about a shiny Birth Island Deoxys for your troubles?

I just realized that I completely forgot to get something from lupinko months ago. OOPS.

Also I forgot how slow ORAS starts out. Nnnnngh can I please have Exp. Share alreadyyyyyy

lupinko

I just realized that I completely forgot to get something from lupinko months ago. OOPS.

Also I forgot how slow ORAS starts out. Nnnnngh can I please have Exp. Share alreadyyyyyy

I thought I gave you those things already?

Edit: Oh those other things I suggested I haven't done yet. Did you get the Yellow Virus yet? I forget.

Gruco

Banned
Lost my 3DS the other day. Despite having backup saves on another SD card, confirmed with Nintendo that while they'll be able to transfer all of my old games, the saves are unusable and lost forever.

Fortunately, most of my Pokedex is saved on the bank, but my Sapphire game had my battle maison team, a number of my legendaries, including event ones, and a decent number of level 100 in game guys I've had going all the way back to Emerald. Really sucks. I still need to review bank and see what I lost vs saved, but really unhappy about this situation, given how many years of cumulative work that is.

lupinko

That sounds awful. :/

Hmm, how about I hook you up with some cool shiny legendaries and some non-shiny event mythicals?

It won't make up for your lost work, but it's the least I can do given your situation.

Muku

Gruco, that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess I'm a bit paranoid, so 99% of the stuff that matters to me is in the Bank. I'm just weird. :( If you need help with collecting anything again or anything, let me know. Will do what I can to help. (I know it can't help you get back old Pokemon friends and all, but would like to make it a little less painful.)

Lost my 3DS the other day. Despite having backup saves on another SD card, confirmed with Nintendo that while they'll be able to transfer all of my old games, the saves are unusable and lost forever.

Fortunately, most of my Pokedex is saved on the bank, but my Sapphire game had my battle maison team, a number of my legendaries, including event ones, and a decent number of level 100 in game guys I've had going all the way back to Emerald. Really sucks. I still need to review bank and see what I lost vs saved, but really unhappy about this situation, given how many years of cumulative work that is.

I wonder if there was a way to extract the pokemon from the old save and force them into a new one...

I can sympathize since I lost a bunch of shit recently too. It sucks ass.

Hopefully you can recover things from Bank. If it had you log into your NNID for nothin' then that would be dumb.

backlot

I can sympathize since I lost a bunch of shit recently too. It sucks ass.

Hopefully you can recover things from Bank. If it had you log into your NNID for nothin' then that would be dumb.

The FAQ on the Bank website says you can only log into your account from the 3DS you created the account from. I assume customer service can help you log into your account on a new 3DS since all your Pokemon are stored on a server but I've never heard of anyone actually doing that.

So like I want to wait until Shroomish learns Spore to evolve it right? Never used a Breloom so I decided to raise one in this playthrough.

If I gotta do everything again I might as well have some fun \o/

Top Bottom