• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Redd

So like I want to wait until Shroomish learns Spore to evolve it right? Never used a Breloom so I decided to raise one in this playthrough.

If I gotta do everything again I might as well have some fun o/

Yes after it learns spore. It learns it at 40 I think.

Man I had no idea a level 15 Beautifly could just sweep Brawly like that... Two Gusts and done.

Two badges done. I turned Exp. Share back on and am just going to blow through as much of the game as I can tomorrow because I don't really have the time to goof around if I want to make it in time for the International Challenge. Should still be a fun romp however.

Oh and thanks, won't evolve it until then then. :)

Azuran

Banned
Man I had no idea a level 15 Beautifly could just sweep Brawly like that... Two Gusts and done.

Two badges done. I turned Exp. Share back on and am just going to blow through as much of the game as I can tomorrow because I don't really have the time to goof around if I want to make it in time for the International Challenge. Should still be a fun romp however.

Oh and thanks, won't evolve it until then then. :)

lol, I'm doing the same just because I really want to finally get Thundurus before the challenge. I already have 5 badges in only 5 hours so it's pretty easy to run through the game. Also turn animations off in case you haven't to make it faster.

backlot

I'm not sure what team I want to use for the International Challenge. I've been trying out Mega Salamence lately and I really enjoy it but Thundurus is just giving it so much trouble. Seems like people are migrating towards offensive Thundurus now so I can't rely on Terrakion to cover it anymore.

Azuran

Banned
I'm not sure what team I want to use for the International Challenge. I've been trying out Mega Salamence lately and I really enjoy it but Thundurus is just giving it so much trouble. Seems like people are migrating towards offensive Thundurus now so I can't rely on Terrakion to cover it anymore.

Well, there's always Mamoswine, but then again, I've seen Thundurus run Grass Knot these days so I think there goes that.

Thundurus is just a pain in the ass to deal with no matter what. He's such a good Pokemon.

Could someone rate whether my azumarill is any good?

Level 61
Lonely
Choice Band
Huge Power

Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Superpower

HP - 234
Atk - 134
Def - 92
Sp Atk - 86
Sp Def - 119
Speed - 82

backlot

Could someone rate whether my azumarill is any good?

Level 61
Lonely
Choice Band
Huge Power

Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Superpower

HP - 234
Atk - 134
Def - 92
Sp Atk - 86
Sp Def - 119
Speed - 82

Looks like you EV trained in HP and Attack? Seems like a lot of its stats are pretty good but Lonely isn't a good Nature for Azumarill since it lowers Defense. Ideally you'd probably want Adamant.

AndersonMinun

Neo Member
I caught Super Groudon, 4 traits!

UB2D6rF.jpg

Edit: sorry, wrong thread

Gruco

Banned
Lost my 3DS the other day. Despite having backup saves on another SD card, confirmed with Nintendo that while they'll be able to transfer all of my old games, the saves are unusable and lost forever.

Fortunately, most of my Pokedex is saved on the bank, but my Sapphire game had my battle maison team, a number of my legendaries, including event ones, and a decent number of level 100 in game guys I've had going all the way back to Emerald. Really sucks. I still need to review bank and see what I lost vs saved, but really unhappy about this situation, given how many years of cumulative work that is.

Follow up:

I redownloaded all of my games today, started a new save on Alpha Sapphire, and logged into Bank. Logging into Bank was effortless. After I had connected my NNID to the new 3DS, everything was set as far as Pokemon Bank was concerned.

I did lose a few things. My entire Battle Maison team, as expected. I lost a few level 100s that I had: a Venusaur and Aegislash from X. The Volcorona from Black. I also lost a couple old utility Pokemon I'd had forever - a catching Smeargle and pickup / HM Linoone.

I lost Celebi, Diancie, Shaymin, and a couple goofy experimental projects I was leveling up, like a highly leveled Shedinja and Wobbufet. I lost my 6 IV Japanese breeding Ditto.

The good news is, I had FAR more kept around than I had imagined. I still have....

99% of Pokedex completion.

All Dream World Pokemon from Black.

A full seven of my level 100 in game Pokemon across Platinum, Soul Silver, Black, Black 2, and X.

All Pokemon that I leveled up and trained in Join Avenue from Black 2 (about 18)

All shinies (6)

All carefully caught, or otherwise surplus legendaries still hanging around.

All things considered, this loss is basically nothing. Getting my Battle Maison team back will be almost effortless. I still have almost everything of substantial or sentimental value. I must have kept more things in Bank than I had realized. Even losing the Smeargle isn't that big of a deal....I'll be able to raise a better catching Pokemon without much trouble.

I am SO HAPPY with this outcome! Thanks, Pokemon Bank! I probably won't have the energy to play Sapphire again right away, but at least I won't be discouraged from the series when Delta Z comes out.

backlot

So you just had to log in with your Nintendo Network ID and you're Pokemon were all there? No customer support intervention needed? That's really great to hear. Glad things worked out well for you!

Glad to hear that that is how Bank works.

Makes sense, too. It would be weird for accessing your Bank on the next handheld to be more complex than just making sure you put the right NNID on your handheld. It also allows this lovely scenario to happen.

Gruco

Banned
So you just had to log in with your Nintendo Network ID and you're Pokemon were all there? No customer support intervention needed? That's really great to hear. Glad things worked out well for you!

The only customer support intervention was at the front end when I informed Nintendo of my lost 3DS and new 3DS serial numbers. After they made the connection (which was necessary to download old games again), Bank worked perfectly without any further conversations.

Muku

Follow up:

I redownloaded all of my games today, started a new save on Alpha Sapphire, and logged into Bank. Logging into Bank was effortless. After I had connected my NNID to the new 3DS, everything was set as far as Pokemon Bank was concerned.

[...]

I am SO HAPPY with this outcome! Thanks, Pokemon Bank! I probably won't have the energy to play Sapphire again right away, but at least I won't be discouraged from the series when Delta Z comes out.

Wow, so glad to hear it came out as well as it did. Know that is a huge relief for ya!

I lost Celebi, Diancie, Shaymin, and a couple goofy experimental projects I was leveling up, like a highly leveled Shedinja and Wobbufet. I lost my 6 IV Japanese breeding Ditto.

That's a minor relief.

Also, you lost some of the easiest mythicals to recover. I'm pretty sure GAF can hook you up with those three.

I have a spare Celebi and Diancie that I'm not really using, for instance.

Ahnez

Um.. There are some legendaries that only appear during certain days of the week, right

So, if I want to SR for one of them, can I save inside the Mirage Spot to continue in the next day, or do I have to wait until the next time it appears?

Azuran

Banned
Um.. There are some legendaries that only appear during certain days of the week, right

So, if I want to SR for one of them, can I save inside the Mirage Spot to continue in the next day, or do I have to wait until the next time it appears?

You can just save inside the Mirage Spot and you'll keep battling the same one as long as you don't leave.

Checked Pokemon Y on a limb. Mainly just some stuff I can use to EV train and KO Blissey quickly and efficiently. Nothing really special but still useful.

Checked my X too via bank. Cleaned out except for like one notable thing that I can't remember now. That did end up being the one the Johto starters were on though so I booted it up and checked the party on a whim.

...My pseudo-flawless shiny Lucario was hiding from me there. Damn it you bastard! I am unbelievably happy to see you though. <3

Most of my competitive stuff is still gone but at least I have my Lucario back.

Syntsui

Does anyone have a Liepard with Prankster? It appears I don't have its Friend Saffari, so it's really difficult for me to get one ):

Muku

Getting a shiny Arceus is like finding the golden ticket for the chocolate factory. Except this is better if you get one, because it's a shiny Arceus
on a pogo stick!
. Anyone here gotten one or had a friend get one?

Getting a shiny Arceus is like finding the golden ticket for the chocolate factory. Except this is better if you get one, because it's a shiny Arceus
on a pogo stick!
. Anyone here gotten one or had a friend get one?
Wait wait wait... How would you get one to begin with!?

Muku

Wait wait wait... How would you get one to begin with!?

The Arceus they're giving out with the preorder to the Pokemon 2015 movie in Japan is a ticket for Arceus. (Last years movie preorder it was a Darkrai.) It can be any of the Arceus types. Including shiny. Redeemed one for someone here but sadly was not shiny. :(

The Arceus they're giving out with the preorder to the Pokemon 2015 movie in Japan is a ticket for Arceus. (Last years movie preorder it was a Darkrai.) It can be any of the Arceus types. Including shiny. Redeemed one for someone here but sadly was not shiny. :(
Ah. Hot damn that's some good shit.

Muku

Arceus help me. Decided to catalogue the most recent events I've gotten but haven't had time to note.
Yeah, I'm weird that way.
I noticed I didn't have Amaura on the list and I know I got one recently. I cannot seem to find that dumb thing anywhere. I'm assuming it sacrificed itself somewhere to the great helix. Meh, oh well.

Thanks to Muku, Aveyn and Hegarol for being cool dudes with the Shaymin codes. Don't worry about the Staryu Muku. That's actually the second of the two I had of it, the first of which I gave to another gaffer previously. That was my intention of trading them for valuables since they're relatively easy to find

Muku

Thanks to Muku, Aveyn and Hegarol for being cool dudes with the Shaymin codes. Don't worry about the Staryu Muku. That's actually the second of the two I had of it, the first of which I gave to another gaffer previously. That was my intention of trading them for valuables since they're relatively easy to find

You're welcome man. Glad to be able to help folks. Thank you very much for it. I didn't have a shiny Staryu so he's going into my shiny dex. <3

Hegarol

You are welcome :)

Finally getting around to leveling the competitive pokemon I've been neglecting. Haven't played my 3DS much lately. It's a bit uncomfortable. Hoping to get a n3DS soon and that'll reinvigorate my interest.

And the first shiny I caught in the wild is... A Zigzagoon! :|

it's such a cute shiny, though. Honestly one of my favourites.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have horrible luck with wild shinies. Shiny Graveler in Diamond blew up on me, only seen one or two other wild shinies and caught them (Tangela and Weepingbel) but without trying I've bred seven shinies, including three Magikarp.

My biggest wtf moment was when my rival had a shiny Totodile in Silver.

There we go, I finished AS in only 13 hours. Now I can finally catch that cheese Thundurus at long last.
Damn, I'm at Latios.

I am going to make a save back-up in a bit and carry on though because I don't have the time to SR for a good one right now. I should be able to just plow through the rest of the team though since I spent some time making sure that my team was exactly was I wanted it for the rest of the game. Just gotta replace my Beautifly with Latios and I'm good!

EDIT: ...Man God, that's... Oh my god. :(

Azuran

Banned
Damn, I'm at Latios.

I am going to make a save back-up in a bit and carry on though because I don't have the time to SR for a good one right now. I should be able to just plow through the rest of the team though since I spent some time making sure that my team was exactly was I wanted it for the rest of the game. Just gotta replace my Beautifly with Latios and I'm good!

EDIT: ...Man God, that's... Oh my god. :(

I didn't even bother to SR for Latias. I already have an almost perfect one in my main copy and it's not they run anything else than Timid so I didn't see the point in getting another one.

Oh yeah, I'm also still working on all those rejects you need. Hopefully Thundurus doesn't take long to SR (lol) so I can finally get around to finishing that for you.

Oh thanks <3

I don't have a Latios so yeah lol. Oh right, that guy who wants a Purrloin:

FC: 3050 - 7685 - 5267

Not sure if I have Azuran either, oops.

KdylanR92

Was on battlespot for most of the day............Man it's like the wild west on there, especially on free battle......Delta Rayquazas, Primal Groudons, and then me with my flygon lol

Was kinda outmatched

Faenix1

I didn't bother SRing my Latios, I completely forgot I should of. lol

Two questions:
First:
What's a good nature for the Hidden Ability Amaura? Same as the normal - Modest? (At least that's what comes up mostly when I google)

Doubtful I'll use it - unless by some miracle it can learn Surf, which for whatever reason I have Gyrados doing that job - but seeing as it's "special" I want a decent nature for it.

Second:
I'm just after Mt.Pyre but I know later you get some kind of "soar" ability, does this kind of replace fly so that HM is mostly useless? latios is the only flying type I got in my party and I'd hate to teach him fly since I reserve those for non-legendaries

Top Bottom