• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Gorillaz

Was on battlespot for most of the day............Man it's like the wild west on there, especially on free battle......Delta Rayquazas, Primal Groudons, and then me with my flygon lol

Was kinda outmatched
Free battle is the definition of the wild west. Your either walking into legendarymania or people trying to get off trick moves Like arcanine spinda skill swap

Modest is one of the best for it I suppose.

As for Soar... It's kewl but Fly's quicker. Fly is also much more convenient when you're doing berries and such for UI reasons.

lupinko

I want to do a giveaway for shiny Deoxyses.

Yes, plural. Basically one of each forme with a suitable Nature. All OTs will either be Solana or Hinata.

Anyone have any ideas on how they should be given away?

Decided to SR for a decent ingame Latios.

20-23/10-13/30-31/31/30-31/30-31

Only took a few tries. Definitely taking this one since I do have that save back-up to go for a more competitive one later.

@lupinko: Easy way: raffle.
Funny but more time-consuming way: Short fanfic contest.
Potentially very disturbing way: Dance-off.

lupinko

Looking to do a raffle but using a web app. I want to see if there is enough interest to give away 4 Deoxys. So there'd be four winners.

Muku

Yeah, meant in US. Not surprised, just going to be weird. Don't have cable and don't want it. But thing is I don't want to watch it dubbed either. Voice acting is so awful in anime and stuff, I have to watch it subbed. I'll probably skip it unless lupinko says its good. ;D Because I dunno if I could have watched the Diancie movie in English without chopping my ears off.

Did they coincide the Darkrai at same time or was that before/after?

Also, I cannot bring myself to watch the trailer. Especially after comments. I imagine the voice in my head to be pretty awful.

lupinko

I don't think this Timid Keldeo will get any better.

25–31 HP; 23–31/14–19 Physical; 29–31/27–31 Special; 31 Speed

I shouldn't press my luck.

The RNG Arceus has blessed me with this adamant Victini.

27–31 HP; 27–31/27–31 Physical; 14–19/27–31 Special; 27–31 Speed

lupinko

Wait what's that crazy moveset involving Helping Hand on a v-create Victini again?

Yeah I'm definitely going to use that Victini. :D

JoeM86

All hail our Hoopa Unbound Killer

10.png

252+ Atk Choice Band Caterpie Bug Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 436-516 (144.8 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Or if you wish to Sash it to make sure it survives to get the hit in

252+ Atk Caterpie Bug Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 292-348 (97 - 115.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Muku

Nothing wrong with the Diancie movie dub. The movie itself is very by the numbers for a Pokémon movie though.

I don't know. I just don't like watching any dubbed stuff. I think there are very few exceptions I make with anime. The English voice actors are usually pretty bad. :( My problem with that movie was all kinds of inconsistencies. I don't know if they have them in all of them, since it's been forever since I've seen the first three, but Pokemon that are flying around that can't fly in-game? That irritates me. I'm weird. And they made Delphox the laughing stock of that. But my concern is just dubbed stuff.

I love that Hoopa unbound [killer]. So vicious.

Syntsui

10.png

252+ Atk Choice Band Caterpie Bug Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 436-516 (144.8 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Caterpie Bug Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 292-348 (97 - 115.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

What a joke, lol.

Azuran

Banned

10.png

lmao, I just noticed how bad Hoopa's defense actually is.

JoeM86

But conversely, look at its Attack & Special Attack: 160 and 170. Speed is 80 which is passable at best, but invest in it and Scarf it (its ability is useless anyway), and it'd be able to hold its own relatively well

Muku

But conversely, look at its Attack & Special Attack: 160 and 170. Speed is 80 which is passable at best, but invest in it and Scarf it (its ability is useless anyway), and it'd be able to hold its own relatively well

Yeah, I was looking at its ability earlier. Seriously? Magician? What a waste.

Arceus should eat Hoopa for breakfast.

KdylanR92

Man these Mega Gengars with destiny bond are killing me ..... I have yet to get an effective counter,Probably someone with taunt.

Speaking of gengars just got sweep by one using hypnosis, substitute and dream eater....
Taking a break after that

Muku

Oh look...it gets Role Play ;)

Contrary, then Hyperspace Fury will boost its Defense :)

It gets Role Play yeah, but it's an awful way to try to make up for its glaring deficient stat. Of course way I play I'm sure greatly varies from how a lot of folks do, especially competitive folks. Still think Arceus should eat Hoopa though.

Ahnez

Glass Cannons are the best
cannons

:)

lupinko

Ok I'm definitely going to RNG four Shiny Birth Island Deoxys to giveaway. I'm looking at a raffle as the easiest way to do this lottery unless someone else has any other ideas.

Normal - Timid
Attack - Naive
Defense - Calm (unless people want Careful)
Speed - Jolly

OT: ヒナタ

They'll all have good stats with minimum of one perfect stat, which would be the beneficial stat.

Muku

Ok I'm definitely going to RNG four Shiny Birth Island Deoxys to giveaway. I'm looking at a raffle as the easiest way to do this lottery unless someone else has any other ideas.

Normal - Timid
Attack - Naive
Defense - Calm (unless people want Careful)
Speed - Jolly

They'll all have good stats with minimum of one perfect stat, which would be the beneficial stat.

Sounds awesome. :) Good luck to folks! Also love that you went with ヒナタ。:D

lupinko

Sounds awesome. :) Good luck to folks! Also love that you went with ヒナタ。:D

Yep, and in case anyone was wondering:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Solana

Oh to give away for no charge, I have Duplica breeding Dittos, Adamant and Modest if anyone is interested. They're 6IV, just good for general breeding, and if your game is not set to English then they're great to Masuda Method.

Edit: Hmm, how should entries work? Post in this thread or pm me? I want to make the lotto work with many entrants. I'm just going to use a simple randomnumbergenerator (lol) to do the raffle.

So it's a pretty easy way to get shiny Deoxys, also four will be given out. The drawings will be done the weekend of April 24-26.

I'll do four draws using this RNG from https://www.random.org, each entry gets to pick a total of four numbers for each round, only one needs to be selected to win. Winners are immediately eliminated from entering in later rounds.

I want to make this easy so right now it'll only be 1-151, depending on the number entries we could do more but I don't want to keep doing this all the time.

The Deoxys won will be random out of the four.

Contest open to all of GAF.

Edit: Oh right when I get to that point in JP HG, I'll start doing Shiny Faraway Island Mews.

OT: リーフ

So yes, as per fanart and one of the mangas, Mew's OT is Leaf/Green/Blue. :D

Edit: For that 5IV Flawless Adamant Victini from scrap that I got yesterday. I'm basically just stuck with this by the numbers build right?

Adamant @Choice Band/Life Orb
V-create
Wild Charge
Zen Headbutt/Brick Break
U-Turn

lupinko

Almost verbatim but a clearer version.

Each will have good stats and will have a minimum of one perfect stat. I don't want to be there forever hence no crazy 4IV-5IVs since I'll be actually RNGing these on my Emerald carts.

And why?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Solana

Natures: Timid, Naive, Calm, Jolly

Rules:

To enter post in this thread, the Community thread or pm me with 4 numbers from 1-151. I want to make the lotto work with many entrants.

So it's a pretty easy way to get shiny Deoxys, also four will be given out. The drawings will be done the weekend of April 24-26. I'll need entries by April 23rd, 2359 JST.

There is a cap of 36 entrants mainly to keep this from exploding.

I'll do four draws using this RNG from https://www.random.org, each entry gets to pick a total of four numbers for each round, only one needs to be selected to win. Winners are immediately eliminated from entering in later rounds.

There will be a guaranteed winner each round.

The Deoxys won will be random out of the four.

Open to all of GAF.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------
All entrants can quote this portion and add your name and numbers to it if you don't send a pm to me. I will update this post with all entrant information.

Entrants (Cap: 36)
Professor Beef 24,42,52,110
ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Zedreamcast 7, 19, 27 , 94
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
Faenix1 27, 46, 82, 147
Refyref 75, 30, 13, 96
Bankoiia 12, 64, 112, 124
MasterSheen 25, 50, 125, 150

---------------------
Oh because I'm taking entries from three avenues, if the same numbers are picked, I'll contact the person who posted later to pick new numbers. I'm going to look at the time stamp of each entry.

That aside you are guaranteed a slot.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
All entrants can quote this portion and add your name and numbers to it if you don't send a pm to me. I will update this post with all entrant information.

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Thanks!

Ahnez

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131

---------------------

Prime numbers, because reasons lol

AsianOni

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
---------------------

Thansk! : )

Muku

I'm guessing the Hoopa giveaway will be soon as they just officially announced the Unbound forme.

Earliest we'd even be able to have one is once movie officially comes out, since I'm assuming Hoopa is being given out there in Japan. Like Diancie was given at the movies last year. So wouldn't be until July at best. :p And I imagine it'll be some trading to do for it. Hopefully not too long afterward rest of us will get it. Dreading the trek to GameStop, which will be inevitable here. Farking hate that they do this crap at GameStop.

entremet

Earliest we'd even be able to have one is once movie officially comes out, since I'm assuming Hoopa is being given out there in Japan. Like Diancie was given at the movies last year. So wouldn't be until July at best. :p And I imagine it'll be some trading to do for it. Hopefully not too long afterward rest of us will get it. Dreading the trek to GameStop, which will be inevitable here. Farking hate that they do this crap at GameStop.

I hear they do codes now? I preferred the store wifi events. I didn't even go in a Gamestop. I just opened my DS, did the search, boom.

Plus the codes are finite too :(.

I remember getting two of each mythical in Gen 5, save Victini, since I had multiple games.

Top Bottom