• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
This game is an emotional roller coaster ride during intense battles. I just had one where I felt every emotion possible from shock to anger to sheer joy. Good stuff.

entremet

Speaking of the next mainline Pokemon game, it seems some theories are circulating that ORAS was basically Pokemon Z.

It makes sense if you play the post game story.

So could Gen 7 be the next game?

Ahnez

Speaking of the next mainline Pokemon game, it seems some theories are circulating that ORAS was basically Pokemon Z.

It makes sense if you play the post game story.

So could Gen 7 be the next game?
I don't think so..

Zygarde still doesn't have his trademark moves, and theres still one unannounced pokemon.

I believe Z will be released sometime by the end of this year or in 2016. And Volcanion will probably be distributed around this time too.

Shortly after, we will learn about gen 7, probably still on 3DS

Edit:

Also, I have a theory~ by now, both Diancie and Hoopa have alternate forms, but Volcanion has none.

So, I believe its new form will be introduced in Z

I don't think so..

Zygarde still doesn't have his trademark moves, and theres still one unannounced pokemon.

I believe Z will be released sometime by the end of this year or in 2016. And Volcanion will probably be distributed around this time too.

Shortly after, we will learn about gen 7, probably still on 3DS

Edit:

Also, I have a theory~ by now, both Diancie and Hoopa have alternate forms, but Volcanion has none.

So, I believe his new form will be introduced in Z
I don't think Volcanion will have a new form or a mega, and I also doubt that 3DS will get another gen. Zygarde likely will though, probably two based on those moves.

Velcro Fly

They can still easily push out a Z or XX/XY games for not much more cost and still sell quite a few million easily. No way they pass that up especially as we get closer to the end of the 3DS life cycle.

Only question I have is do we get a New enhanced game or not.

Ahnez

I don't think Volcanion will have a new form or a mega, and I also doubt that 3DS will get another gen. Zygarde likely will though, probably two based on those moves.
Well, Black1/ White1 and the 3DS released in the same year (one year apart in Japan)

I think Gen VII being on 3DS is not impossible. It really depends on how long Nintendo will take to release a new handheld

JoeM86

All signs still point to no game this year.

Ahnez is correct though, signs do point to more Gen VI games. We still have:

2 unused pentagon hex values

2 currently unused moves, focused on Zygarde: Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows

Eternal Flower Floette is still unreleased, as obviously is its signature move Light of Ruin

Volcanion still has yet to be revealed. All signs point to it being in next year's movie, potentially with Zygarde. They wouldn't release a Mythical the same year they start hyping a new generation also (though they did in Gen III of sorts due to Munchlax being revealed a whopping 2 years before Diamond & Pearl came out. That was bizarre)

The 20th anniversary next year.
As such, my theory about a game revealed towards the end of this year and released in February, with Gen VII in 2017 is still sound. Whether it's on 3DS or NXHandheld, that remains to be seen.

The only arguments against this theory are the erroneous notion that Pokémon has been annualised since Platinum and the Mega Evolution IV anime special logo, which means nothing.

Firestorm

Got sent this video of a battle in UK Regionals

How pissed would you be if you were his opponent haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPECFc3d_c0
I'm guessing his opponent will blame "hax" instead of realizing he played even worse than the Sheer Cold user. The Sheer Cold guy had no idea what he was doing with Pachirisu (Follow Me against Politoed + Klefki while Lapras is behind a sub...) but why oh why was Goodra trying to Thunder Pachirisu @_@

lupinko

I'm trying to redeem all my Pokescrap stuff so I have free codes for pointless such as Potions x10 and Luxury Balls x10. So if you have a Japanese copy of ORAS or I think any of the Asian region ones that can read Japanese serial codes, then feel free to ask.

EDIT: I'm just going to post them here for anyone instead in a moment.

Muku

I'm trying to redeem all my Pokescrap stuff so I have free codes for pointless such as Potions x10 and Luxury Balls x10. So if you have a Japanese copy of ORAS or I think any of the Asian region ones that can read Japanese serial codes, then feel free to ask.

EDIT: I'm just going to post them here for anyone instead in a moment.

Good luck. Haven't had any takers on mine either. I guess when time comes I'll redeem the Rare Candies right before it goes down. At least those are the only codes worth redeeming that aren't Pokemon anyway.

I'm guessing his opponent will blame "hax" instead of realizing he played even worse than the Sheer Cold user. The Sheer Cold guy had no idea what he was doing with Pachirisu (Follow Me against Politoed + Klefki while Lapras is behind a sub...) but why oh why was Goodra trying to Thunder Pachirisu @_@
Seems like the average player I faced during the IC where I was stuck in the 1400's so yeah nothing really surprising here.

It was a good experience because I learned a lot about what not to do when both team-building and playing...

ameleco

Hey guys! So I recently started Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and am currently trying to obtain the pokemon I missed out on. So, if anyone has the event Tyrunt/Amaura they'd be willing to trade/sell (preferable for me to pay money in this case actually considering I still have to transfer stuff over from previous versions), let me know! Also hoping this is the right thread for this :p

lupinko

Good luck. Haven't had any takers on mine either. I guess when time comes I'll redeem the Rare Candies right before it goes down. At least those are the only codes worth redeeming that aren't Pokemon anyway.

Iirc deadline is before 2359 JST 4/30. So yeah I'm redeeming mine like crazy. Haha

The Pokemon, not the potions and luxury balls of course.

Muku

Iirc deadline is before 2359 JST 4/30. So yeah I'm redeeming mine like crazy. Haha

The Pokemon, not the potions and luxury balls of course.

Yep. Definitely the date/time. I memorized it at some point to make sure I got it done before then. XD Good luck! How many more ya got?

Muku

Not counting Rayrays, 13 Shaymin and 2 more Keldeos.

These are for trades of course.

Yeah. Still a lot to go. I remember rushing to get mine done before the move. I'm sure you ended up with a lot more than I did. And I spaced mine out to redeem one a day and hated it LOL. All mine are going to be trade bait. Well the 20 I have. I set aside initially codes for my Victini/Keldeo/Shaymin which I'm now happy to have gotten my own Shaymin. Victini and Keldeo are bonus since I have them from last gen. (Though got more appropriate natures for them this time around should I feel any kind of calling to use them.)

I really liked the Scrap Campaign. Not so much farming to the point in-game to claim them haha, but getting them was nice. Helping folks get it was fun too. And between a few of us, we were really able to get Shaymin out here. I hope they have something similar to it again.
Our wallets might cry though.

lupinko

I didn't go for as many Shaymin mainly because of time constraints, I opted to get more Keldeos instead.

Yeah the scrap campaign was nice but it did hurt my wallet since it indirectly got me into the tcg. Lmao

But I have my round deck completed now so no rush to finish my other deck projects. And my wallet can breathe a sign of relief.

Carl7

I'm stuck with 1650 points in the battle spot, i need an strong answer to Mega Salamence and megagross but i don't want to use any top 12.

Azuran

Banned
I'm stuck with 1650 points in the battle spot, i need an strong answer to Mega Salamence and megagross but i don't want to use any top 12.

Hydreigon with Tailwind up.

Other than that, I have no idea. Suicune can take a hit from Salamence and OHKO it with Ice Beam. Aegislash deals with Metagross pretty well but I have no idea if he's top 12 since the Global Link is down atm.

Azuran

Banned
How do you beat a Kangaskhan and Scarf Smeargle lead in VGC?

Kangaskhan Flinches Potential Threats by using Fake Out that could stop Smeargle from using Dark Void.

I'm using Quick Guard Terrakion and Thundurus to stop something like that. If all works well, you force the two to switch out pretty much giving you a lot of momentum.

If you know for a fact that the Smeargle is scarfed then you know it will pick Dark Void if it intends to Dark Void you. Since you don't have to worry about Tailwind -> Void like you would if it was Sashed, consider double Protecting the first turn and hoping nothing goes wrong from there.

Though usually you just want to assume it's Sashed and hope nothing goes wrong from there.

JoeM86

Wow, Ken Sugimori actually commented on why there's no Mega Flygon in the Nintendo Dream interview. Seems they couldn't get a decent design.

Firestorm

How do you beat a Kangaskhan and Scarf Smeargle lead in VGC?

Kangaskhan Flinches Potential Threats by using Fake Out that could stop Smeargle from using Dark Void.
Lum Berry Terrakion with Double Kick will shit on that lead. If the Smeargle is using a Scarf it's locked into Dark Void and will likely be ineffective after that first turn. Sash is the larger issue usually.

You can double protect turn one (which will also let you see if the Smeargle is faster than Kangaskhan and thus carrying Scarf or Sash) but this can make for a scary T1 if they Power Up Punch a switchin or Tailwind with Smeargle.

A faster Fake Out (Weavile, Infernape, etc) can help.

Having something with Lum Berry obviously helps.

Azuran

Banned
Wow, Ken Sugimori actually commented on why there's no Mega Flygon in the Nintendo Dream interview. Seems they couldn't get a decent design.

And yet again, Garchomp continues winning.

Please just retcon Flygon out of existence so its fan can stop suffering like this.

Carl7

Hydreigon with Tailwind up.

Other than that, I have no idea. Suicune can take a hit from Salamence and OHKO it with Ice Beam. Aegislash deals with Metagross pretty well but I have no idea if he's top 12 since the Global Link is down atm.

I'll think about Suicune later, right now I'm inclined to try hp ice or foul play on my rotom wash. Aegislash is top12, yes.

entremet

And yet again, Garchomp continues winning.

Please just retcon Flygon out of existence so its fan can stop suffering like this.

Yeah. I wonder how they could've made Mega Flygon unique for that typing. Maybe give it Dragonite's Hidden Ability?

Mega Garchomp is an absolute beast at that typing already.

Azuran

Banned
I can't guys. I just can't

2EKW-WWWW-WWXT-BHCF

I put myself in a good position after a terrible start only for the game to troll me as it always does after my spirits have been raised. So emotional exhausting. Damn you Pokemon, why you do this to me?

Pachimari

I literally had Pokémon Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby in my hands today, and chose to rebuy Pokémon Y. I guess it'll be an easier way for me to get back into the Pokémon games, with having all 700+ monsters available to me, and it being the first iteration on the 3DS hardware with all of its new features.

The online community probably isn't as active as in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Azuran

Banned
I literally had Pokémon Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby in my hands today, and chose to rebuy Pokémon Y. I guess it'll be an easier way for me to get back into the Pokémon games, with having all 700+ monsters available to me, and it being the first iteration on the 3DS hardware with all of its new features.

The online community probably isn't as active as in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

You can still trade between versions which is nice if you're in for the collecting, but battling has mostly migrated to ORAS due to new Mega Evolutions and rules.

backlot

As someone who uses Mega Salamence, the things that give it the most trouble are probably Cresselia, Rotom Wash/Heat, Thundurus and Zapdos. Milotic can also be a pain if it sets off Competitive.

KdylanR92

Just fought a klefki with prankster, swagger and foul play. Really caught me off-guard because i never trained or really battled one competitively until now.

I lost to a keychain.......

Carl7

As someone who uses Mega Salamence, the things that give it the most trouble are probably Cresselia, Rotom Wash/Heat, Thundurus and Zapdos. Milotic can also be a pain if it sets off Competitive.

Rotom does well but if your team is weak to flying it often doesn't kill fast enough. My team is great against Kanghaskhan, weather teams and speed control in general, but is weak agains't other balanced teams, mostly when their mega is flying or psychic type.

Cresselia and Thundurus are top 12 for a reason. I could use Zapdos, but i guess most of those you see in the battle spot are hacked mons, i don't wanna restart my pokemon Y just to catch a good one.

Top Bottom