• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

Come up with what I think may be an awesome gimmicky nongimmick team. Going to breed and test over the next week and if it works, I may actually compete at Nationals next month.

Carl7

I'm working on a Pinsir team, it's not true that mega salamence outclassed him as feint alone makes it a totally different beast.

JoeM86

backlot - To clarify, a gimmicky nongimmick is essentially a weird way to use a few conventional Pokémon :) It's different to my original plan of a team of Mega Evolveable Pokémon to just throw people off on what the hell I'm doing, but it is a bit wacky.

I'm working on a Pinsir team, it's not true that mega salamence outclassed him as feint alone makes it a totally different beast.

Yeah, Pinsir is still useful. It has a few things Mega Salamence doesn't have. Feint, for one and another is Aerilate priority in the form of Quick Attack.

Mega Salamence has the Double-Edge, the Hyper Voice and Headbutt, but it lacks priority and Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack can be surprisingly useful.

backlot

backlot - To clarify, a gimmicky nongimmick is essentially a weird way to use a few conventional Pokémon :) It's different to my original plan of a team of Mega Evolveable Pokémon to just throw people off on what the hell I'm doing, but it is a bit wacky.

I see. You might find yourself at a disadvantage if you make it to best of three rounds with either one of those strategies.

JoeM86

I see. You might find yourself at a disadvantage if you make it to best of three rounds with either one of those strategies.

I always have tricks up my sleeves :)

Seems they're streaming US Regionals the same weekend as UK Nationals takes place. Bit of a shame. Would have thought Nationals takes priority over Regionals. Can't watch anyway. It's good that they're doing these streams though :)

I just want to ask: Are all Pokemon tagged with JPN/SPA/etc. considered foreign and are good for Masuda? I got some from WT and just wanted to make sure before I start breeding them.

Muku

I just want to ask: Are all Pokemon tagged with JPN/SPA/etc. considered foreign and are good for Masuda? I got some from WT and just wanted to make sure before I start breeding them.

Yeah, as long as it's not the region you're from, you're good.

Edit: Should clarify. Depending on region the Pokemon you want to breed with the ones you're getting off WT. If you're using your own regions Ditto (or egg group companion for Pokemon in question) then any other language region will work. If you're using say a JPN Pokemon to breed with, then you'll need any language that isn't JPN for the accompany Pokemon to Masuda.

Yeah, as long as it's not the region you're from, you're good.

Edit: Should clarify. Depending on region the Pokemon you want to breed with the ones you're getting off WT. If you're using your own regions Ditto (or egg group companion for Pokemon in question) then any other language region will work. If you're using say a JPN Pokemon to breed with, then you'll need any language that isn't JPN for the accompany Pokemon to Masuda.
Thanks! I got some from my own region and they're different, so it should be good.

lupinko

Can anyone help me redeem some nugget and rare candy codes soon? They expire later today, you can trade them to me whenever, Japanese region ORAS only can use the code.

Muku

Can anyone help me redeem some nugget and rare candy codes soon? They expire later today, you can trade them to me whenever, Japanese region ORAS only can use the code.

I have mine I've yet to redeem. Just no drive to bother with items, ugh. I'll just let mine disappear into obscurity. Got what mattered the most to me. If you're around and can give me them, I have a game currently in progress that can redeem them. (I know it'd have to be soon, it's like 10:16pm JST right now. Yeah, kept a clock here at JPN time. Haha.)

Pachirisu to be given at Nationals

Totally called it back in August :p

Awesome. Too bad far from all of it. Hope it's same one given out at the rest of the places and not just Germany.

I was wondering if anyone was free to enter a battle with me. I just need to check how many eggs I've hatched in total, since I'd like to start keeping track of shinies and eggs hatched. I'll be pulling out of the battle once I've checked. My FC is on my profile and I'm on now. Thanks in advance!

Muku

Fffff gotta patch. Didn't do it when it first came out because I'm tired of patching. I guess my problem is it can't be one nice patch and done. It's gotta be a patch for each game. I wish X/Y were together and ORAS were together. Sigh.

TomShoe

Banned
My Pokemon club has an NU Free for all tourney going on this Saturday.

I was thinking about running Scarfed Heliolisk with Parabolic Charge as a late game sweeper, but I dunno about the other two. Any suggestions?

New competition coming up. Little cup. Info and rules.
• The items Eviolite and Soul Dew are not allowed.
• The moves Sonic Boom and Dragon Rage are not allowed.
They should have let the Soul Dew be allowed here for once (the one time it is allowed you can not use the Pokemon who use it).

KdylanR92

My Pokemon club has an NU Free for all tourney going on this Saturday.

I was thinking about running Scarfed Heliolisk with Parabolic Charge as a late game sweeper, but I dunno about the other two. Any suggestions?

Maybe something defensive like Claydol? Resist both of Heliolisk weaknesses and if you're running Dry Skin it can take care of fire types

upandaway

Finally got to the Battle Resort, I think I just about finished everything in the game (it took me 5 months but hey!). Delta episode was a lot of fun.

I'd love to start battling in the maison and moving over my pokedex from Y/X but I can't buy bank due to Nintendo not accepting my credit card. I'll guess I'll just move some choice Pokemon manually and use them to battle in the maison.

Firestorm

backlot - To clarify, a gimmicky nongimmick is essentially a weird way to use a few conventional Pokémon :)
My brain hurts.
Seems they're streaming US Regionals the same weekend as UK Nationals takes place. Bit of a shame. Would have thought Nationals takes priority over Regionals. Can't watch anyway. It's good that they're doing these streams though :)
The people are all based out of the US. Logistics don't really work well for EU over US right now. Would be really expensive. Hoping they can find a way to do it in the future.

JoeM86

My brain hurts.
The people are all based out of the US. Logistics don't really work well for EU over US right now. Would be really expensive. Hoping they can find a way to do it in the future.

People from TPCi come to Nationals in EU and they can easily get some local people who can commentate it. There's a variety of people in the UK who could do it, some who have hosted official events before. It's illogical for you to think the only reason is that it'd cost too much to bring everyone to thee UK

backlot

People from TPCi come to Nationals in EU and they can easily get some local people who can commentate it. There's a variety of people in the UK who could do it, some who have hosted official events before. It's illogical for you to think the only reason is that it'd cost too much to bring everyone to thee UK

They should get you to commentate.

Muku

Any speculation at next mythical Pokemon to get released via a promotion in Japan? (Aside from Hoopa coming soon, because that's already know.)

Hegarol

Any speculation at next mythical Pokemon to get released via a promotion in Japan? (Aside from Hoopa coming soon, because that's already know.)
You do know about the 6 legendaries you get from the arceus preorder?

I assume there will be a worldwide Jirachi distribution as thats part of the ORAS dex.

Muku

You do know about the 6 legendaries you get from the arceus preorder?

I assume there will be a worldwide Jirachi distribution as thats part of the ORAS dex.

As far as I know, you only get Arceus. Can be one of any forme of it, including shiny.

Muku

There will be another distribution with the pre-order ticket for the next movie.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/32epwy/6_event_legendary_distributions_reavaled/

Hadn't heard this, but have been dealing with a bunch of stuff so haven't been keeping up with stuff religiously. But either way, that's still part of the movie preorder thing. I'm talking about a new event completely. Thank you for link though. Edit: After looking at it, that's a pretty sorry list. :( Plus none mythical. But I do like their nature being locked.

I don't think it will be Japan only. All mythicals of the current gen have come to the West be it the new gen or remake ones.

Which has only been Diancie for current gen. We're only getting second one this summer. I don't think Jirachi is a guarantee. At least not in the States.
Yeah, I have a pretty poor opinion of GF/Nintendo in that regard.
But even still, I don't think we'll see Keldeo, Shaymin, or Victini make it over. At least not any time soon. Like how Japan can get three in one campaign and rest of world has to beg for just one though. :p

Edit: Do take that back, got Darkrai too.

Hegarol

Which has only been Diancie for current gen. We're only getting second one this summer. I don't think Jirachi is a guarantee. At least not in the States.
Yeah, I have a pretty poor opinion of GF/Nintendo in that regard.
But even still, I don't think we'll see Keldeo, Shaymin, or Victini make it over. At least not any time soon. Like how Japan can get three in one campaign and rest of world has to beg for just one though. :p

Edit: Do take that back, got Darkrai too.
I meant it like the distributed mysticals of the new and the remake gen made it to the west. Mythical from older gens (distributed for this gen) may be Japan only. Thats why I think the west will definitely get Jirachi before Gen VII.

Firestorm

yeah, I know Chris went to all te Nationals the past two years (though I assume he is skipping the UK this year). However, TPCi is a very risk averse company when it comes to these things so they can't "easily" get someone local. There isn't also a large variety that is ready for that. Nobody regularly commentates outside of maybe Barry and that one other guy I forgot the name of -- both of whom do VoDs and not streams. I actually can't think of anyone from Europe who casts games on a regular basis.

TPCi is not a company who banks on unknown talent.

I'm not saying that's not the route. I absolutely think we need more commentators from Europe and Orher regions so we have more streams but we aren't there yet. The colour commentator position is the hardest to fill as you need someone willing to give up playing AND have the experience/skill AND be the type of player who is analytical enough to do the commentary.

Faenix1

Distributions are honestly starting to get frustrating.

Europe has DarkRai/Shiny Charizard and I don't even remember the last NA one. :|

JoeM86

Distributions are honestly starting to get frustrating.

Europe has DarkRai/Shiny Charizard and I don't even remember the last NA one. :|

Well the thing with them is that they don't like to give event Pokémon away just to give them away. They rather have events and have the Pokémon be the special gift for attending. That's how it is in Japan, afterall.

Therein lies the problem. In the US, Pokémon events don't tend to get high attendance outside the competitive circuit. As such, places are less inclined to hold events and so less distributions happen. As they want the distributions to have context and be special, just throwing them online would lose that.

Syntsui

Lol at you guys complaining you didn't get X event or Y event, while I'm living here in Brazil where Nintendo don't even sell the console officialy anymore. :(

Top Bottom