• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Lol at you guys complaining you didn't get X event or Y event, while I'm living here in Brazil where Nintendo don't even sell the console officialy anymore. :(

Brazils problem though is the tarriffs. I mean, when Sony announced PS4's price for there, my jaw dropped. I can't blame Nintendo for leaving. I hate them leaving folks out, but good grief is stuff expensive there.

Though, in all honesty, only country that is ever going to get love is Japan. Maybe followed by UK, since they seem to get a few things to come out of Japan.

JoeM86

Brazils problem though is the tarriffs. I mean, when Sony announced PS4's price for there, my jaw dropped. I can't blame Nintendo for leaving. I hate them leaving folks out, but good grief is stuff expensive there.

Though, in all honesty, only country that is ever going to get love is Japan. Maybe followed by UK, since they seem to get a few things to come out of Japan.

Let's hope that means Worlds is in London next year :p

That's my dream since I can't take so much time off for a long flight.

Lol at you guys complaining you didn't get X event or Y event, while I'm living here in Brazil where Nintendo don't even sell the console officialy anymore. :(

You live in a warm tropical environment in a country with the Amazon rainforest that has to make up for something.

backlot

Well the thing with them is that they don't like to give event Pokémon away just to give them away. They rather have events and have the Pokémon be the special gift for attending. That's how it is in Japan, afterall.

Therein lies the problem. In the US, Pokémon events don't tend to get high attendance outside the competitive circuit. As such, places are less inclined to hold events and so less distributions happen. As they want the distributions to have context and be special, just throwing them online would lose that.

Outside of the competitive circuit, what other events has the US actually had that were so poorly attended? I can't really think of any.

JoeM86

Outside of the competitive circuit, what other events has the US actually had that were so poorly attended? I can't really think of any.

Exactly. They have been dwindling and dwindling the last few years because places are so reluctant to host them.

DaBoss

Like if we want to count the legendary giveaways at GameStop/EB Games through codes as events, then they have been attended well with many stores running out of codes.

Azuran

Banned
This living dex thing is more work than I thought but since I'm used to breeding and trading like crazy already, it's not that bad.

Halfway done with Kanto. Only 500 or so mons to go :/

KarasuEXE

What's actually sad is that a few months prior to Nintendo leaving Brazil, they were sponsoring a Pokémon League here, with tournaments and prizes. Then it all happened...

entremet

This living dex thing is more work than I thought but since I'm used to breeding and trading like crazy already, it's not that bad.

Halfway done with Kanto. Only 500 or so mons to go :/

I recently completed it. Man, it took me out of the game for a few weeks. It's grueling!

Luckily due to Pokebank, I won't be doing that again from scratch again.

Regional dexes are much easier to complete. No need to do those wacky transfers from previous gens since you can get everything in XYORAS.

backlot

Well ok, it's a bit of an assumption, but it's logical based on the reduction of events that have happened.

Was there ever a time that they did a lot of events though? I'm having trouble thinking of any events that happened in the US other than tournaments or code giveaways. Only thing I can think of is the Pokemon Symphony tour which I don't think had poor attendance.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I'm currently in the process of setting myself up to be able to make a run at completing the pokedex for the first time ever.

Currently plowing through Omega Ruby right now. Definitely need to catch the legendary bird on my Y file so I can restart and get the third bird there.

I'm really worried about pokemon that are Friend Safari/Mirage Spot only. But otherwise I should be ok owning every gen 6 game

Firestorm

Was there ever a time that they did a lot of events though? I'm having trouble thinking of any events that happened in the US other than tournaments or code giveaways. Only thing I can think of is the Pokemon Symphony tour which I don't think had poor attendance.
The actual tour hasn't really started yet and the Premier was sold out. Day 2 had way fewer people in DC but that's mostly because they didn't announce it until after everyone bought their tickets to Day 1. They've only done it in two or three locations since then. The full tour kicks off this year with EU next year.

backlot

The actual tour hasn't really started yet and the Premier was sold out. Day 2 had way fewer people in DC but that's mostly because they didn't announce it until after everyone bought their tickets to Day 1. They've only done it in two or three locations since then. The full tour kicks off this year with EU next year.

Oh, ok. Didn't realize it was just two shows last year. Looking forward to the tour though. I bought my ticket for the Boston show already.

JoeM86

Yeah, the first concert was meant to be in Baltimore last week, but that obviously didn't happen. So the next one is in North Carolina on the 29th

Junahu

I'm really worried about pokemon that are Friend Safari/Mirage Spot only. But otherwise I should be ok owning every gen 6 game
Good news is that there's nothing* exclusive to Friend Safari anymore; everything you can get from there is also available in a Mirage Spot.
Bad news is that there are still plenty of pokemon exclusive to Mirage Spots

I'm not sure if this is an exhaustive list or not

Friend Safari pokemon (also found in Mirage Spots)
Minccino, Chansey (Happiny in Mirage Spot), Venomoth, Vullaby, Electabuzz (Elekid in Mirage Spot), Zebstrika, Magmar (Magby in Mirage Spot), Larvesta, Tangela, Sunkern, Petilil, Maractus, Munna, Excadrill, Forretress, Klang (Klink in Mirage Spot)

Mirage Spot only pokemon
Tynamo, Cofagrigus, Unown, Kricketune, Glameow, Cherrim, Darmanitan, Porygon, Stantler, Persian

Edit: *The item Lucky Punch is exclusively found on wild Chansey, who only appear in the Friend Safari

Ahnez

Yeah I'm currently in the process of setting myself up to be able to make a run at completing the pokedex for the first time ever.

Currently plowing through Omega Ruby right now. Definitely need to catch the legendary bird on my Y file so I can restart and get the third bird there.

Well, it doesn't take that long to get the Mirage Spot ones.

The only thing is that some HAs can only be found in Friend Safaries :p

KdylanR92

Found out Whimsicott was a fairy type the hard way, thought my Garchomp would just murder it and got caught on the bad end of a moonblast

one_kill

Just ask here if you're finding it difficult to acquire certain Pokemon

entremet

Easiest way to get rare non legends is to breed starters and put them on GTS.

People love starters. That's what I did to get pesky rarer non legendary Pokemon.

And ORAS gives you 4 generations of starters too. Although you can only pick 1 of 3 as per usual.

Muku

Easiest way to get rare non legends is to breed starters and put them on GTS.

People love starters. That's what I did to get pesky rarer non legendary Pokemon.

And ORAS gives you 4 generations of starters too. Although you can only pick 1 of 3 as per usual.

I know it used to be Vivillon breeding too. Not sure if that is still a craze these days, as I haven't done it in months. But also depends on the Vivillon you have in your game. Only some are worthwhile for obvious reasons. I bred Monsoon (were sought after but not as easy to get out of the door as...) and Sandstorm (used to fly off the GTS).

Except Charmander. When I checked a few months ago was that an absolute garbage dump oh "random Charmander I just got off wonder trade for your legendary times 100" so the poor kid that only wanted a Squirtle has to learn the hard way.

But these things can change. The Elegant Vivillon were a similar situation (though that was as much people wanting other patterns but same idea of dumping wondertrash onto GTS.

Azuran

Banned
Except Charmander. When I checked a few months ago was that an absolute garbage dump oh "random Charmander I just got off wonder trade for your legendary times 100" so the poor kid that only wanted a Squirtle has to learn the hard way.

But these things can change. The Elegant Vivillon were a similar situation (though that was as much people wanting other patterns but same idea of dumping wondertrash onto GTS.

From the looks of it, Charmander and Froakie are the starters no one wants since pretty much everyone has them already. If you WT at least once, chances are you got a couple of those.

The Sinnoh ones are popular in particular for some reason. I put a Chimchar or Piplup up and they're gone within minutes or seconds if they have their HA.

upandaway

So do we know what's up with the Battle Frontier tease in the resort? Why would they do that. Are we gonna visit there when it's complete in Z or something?

JoeM86

So do we know what's up with the Battle Frontier tease in the resort? Why would they do that. Are we gonna visit there when it's complete in Z or something?

Just a reference to the overall universe. Don't read too much into it.

Edit: Yikes, my Nationals team isn't doing so hot. On Sunday it did a whopping 16 to 9, with the first 4 losses being me finetuning things and seeing what works. Today, I've had just 5 wins and 14 losses. Something weird is going on.

backlot

Just a reference to the overall universe. Don't read too much into it.

Edit: Yikes, my Nationals team isn't doing so hot. On Sunday it did a whopping 16 to 9, with the first 4 losses being me finetuning things and seeing what works. Today, I've had just 5 wins and 14 losses. Something weird is going on.

Sounds like you need to find a more reliable strategy.

Firestorm

Dragonite event for at least US:

To celebrate today’s official release of Pokémon TCG: XY—Roaring Skies, the next expansion in the Pokémon Trading Card Game, in retail stores nationwide, a special Dragonite distribution event is taking place in conjunction with GameStop. From June 22 to July 12, Pokémon enthusiasts can head to GameStop and receive a FREE code card to unlock a Lv. 55 Dragonite with the powerful move Extreme Speed for their Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games. Fans will also be able to purchase an exclusive Pokémon TCG 3-pack with a Dragonite Collector's Pin inside.

Muku

Nice. Thank lord it's not another Charizard XD

Hmm, hopefully this one will reach Europe too. If not, I'll have to bug somebody for one.

Yes, thank god. Got tired of them, LOL. So much so I didn't even bother with one event of getting it, just so other folks would have a chance at it. Holy moly glad it's something interesting this time. I love Dragonite. :)
Depending on where I am at time and how close Gamestops are, I could probably snag a few if I brought my husband with me. XD Where I am right now, which I may or may not be at still by timet his rolls around, has two though.

Azuran

Banned
Nice. Thank lord it's not another Charizard XD

Hmm, hopefully this one will reach Europe too. If not, I'll have to bug somebody for one.

But I already have that Dragonite. I'll gladly take a Charizard with Extreme Speed instead :/

I'll probably send my friend to snag a few codes for me since I'm too lazy to move for that.

Carl7

I told you guys i was working a Pinsir team, now i finally made to 1700s, praise the bug!

1800s will prabably be a much harder wall thuough...

Firestorm

Considering the only way to get Extreme Speed on Dragonite naturally is through the HGSS gift one (or the Dream World but that's dead), it is quite handy.
Weirdly enough it's also listed as an egg move so you can get it from any of the Dragonites floating around with it already.

Top Bottom