• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

Weirdly enough it's also listed as an egg move so you can get it from any of the Dragonites floating around with it already.

Yeah I know, but you can only get it from other Dragonite. This gives a way to get it for players who are averse to trading. That's what I was saying.

KdylanR92

I told you guys i was working a Pinsir team, now i finally made to 1700s, praise the bug!

1800s will prabably be a much harder wall thuough...

Jesus and I'm barely keeping up in 1500s, but to be fair i don't really have a set team, i just pick from the 4 boxes of competitive pokemon i have and roll with it.

Azuran

Banned
Jesus and I'm barely keeping up in 1500s, but to be fair i don't really have a set team, i just pick from the 4 boxes of competitive pokemon i have and roll with it.

Battle Spot is also not nice to people trying to use uncommon Pokemon. I been running Mega Gardevoir lately and it's actually pretty tough using her with guys like Heatran and Metagross running around. It's killing me but I don't wanna give up. I wanna make it to 1700 with that mega but I'm failing badly lol

KdylanR92

At first I tired to roll with a UU/RU team, stuff like infernape or jolteon and I noticed very quickly that it's eat or be eaten on battlespot.

Stuff like mega kangaskhan and mega mawile just eat you alive.

Carl7

Battle Spot is also not nice to people trying to use uncommon Pokemon. I been running Mega Gardevoir lately and it's actually pretty tough using her with guys like Heatran and Metagross running around. It's killing me but I don't wanna give up. I wanna make it to 1700 with that mega but I'm failing badly lol

If you wanna use Mega Gardevoir, i think the first thing you should consider is what counters your counters. Politoed and scarf hydreigon may be great companions for gardevoir.

Edit: Nuggetbridge is streaming:

http://www.twitch.tv/nuggetbridge

I went up against a team of Landorus-T, Latios, Greninja, CharizardY, Blaziken, and Cresselia in a triple battle. They were all shiny.

I use Aromatisse, M-Mawile, Rhydon, Machamp, Aegislash, and Lapras. I'm so happy I won.

JoeM86

UK people...pre-register for Nationals here:

http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk/nationals.html

It can take a while to climb back up after a chain of losses, too, when you're not using absolute standards. Voice of experience here ;;

backlot

Ray Rizzo actually made some videos of his Mega Gardevoir team recently. If you're trying to use one it might be checking out what he has to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpyIzkIWjdI

KdylanR92

Devoted my playing session to making mega absol work and it was painful,Everyone knows exactly what to do when they see one and it doesn't help that absol's a complete glass cannon.

I was told to partner it with talonflame but he's on my personal banlist along with mega gengar.

Carl7

Devoted my playing session to making mega absol work and it was painful,Everyone knows exactly what to do when they see one and it doesn't help that absol's a complete glass cannon.

I was told to partner it with talonflame but he's on my personal banlist along with mega gengar.

What about amoongus and sylveon?

The others i would choose for coverage, but also to make use of absol moves.

You can use "Me first' to help a partner attack a threat before it kills you , i can imagine a Conkeldurr killing a Kangaskhan or a terrakion before it does anything or even a very fast hyper voice from the sylveon.

I would go for max speed with taunt, protect, me first and knock off.

Junahu

You can use "Me first' to help a partner attack a threat before it kills you , i can imagine a Conkeldurr killing a Kangaskhan or a terrakion before it does anything or even a very fast hyper voice from the sylveon.
Me First doesn't let your partner attack faster, you're thinking of After You. Me First uses the foe's attack at increased power, which is only circumstantially helpful (aiming it at Terrakion could be fun, as it's weak to its own fighting moves)

JoeM86

So after my bad day with my latest team gimmick, I think I may revisit the idea I had about a team of Mega Evolveable Pokémon, only one of which will have the ability to Mega Evolve, just for the mind games.

Obviously usable ones

Carl7

Me First doesn't let your partner attack faster, you're thinking of After You. Me First uses the foe's attack at increased power, which is only circumstantially helpful (aiming it at Terrakion could be fun, as it's weak to its own fighting moves)

You are right!

backlot

People tell you to use Talonflame? Having two glass cannons out at once doesn't seem like a great idea to me. What exactly do you do with your Mega Absol? I've never really fought one.

So after my bad day with my latest team gimmick, I think I may revisit the idea I had about a team of Mega Evolveable Pokémon, only one of which will have the ability to Mega Evolve, just for the mind games.

Obviously usable ones

Since you're abandoning it, can you tell us what your non-gimmicky gimmick was?

JoeM86

Since you're abandoning it, can you tell us what your non-gimmicky gimmick was?

Na, I'm still tooling around with it. It did amazingly on the first day, so it does work in some cases.

A friend suggested that, after Nationals, I do some videos on unusual VGC strategies. Tempted to do that. It'll be there for sure if I do.

Ahnez

For some reason, I decided to test that message professor says when you show him your pokedex

He asked if I was evolving my pokes as well as catching new ones, and indeed, aside from legendaries, the only missing are first evos and final evos (most of them being trade-evolutions)

So, I started evolving them, while completely ignoring the babies, just to see if the message is fixed or it takes into consideration your progress.

And, he still says the same, even after getting all the final evolution entries. I'll get all the first forms and try again lol

Yes, I had nothing to do today lol

Pachimari

Oh man. Just caught a Cubone, Rhyhorn AND saw an Onyx in the same cave in Pokemon Y. And I also got my first fossil ever I think, and it's a dragon woah!

The only other ones I have played in the series are Red and Black. I'll go buy Omega Ruby when I have completed Y.

Cubone and Sandshrew are like my crushes from Gen 1, so they are some of the most important to me.

Azuran

Banned
Oh man. Just caught a Cubone, Rhyhorn AND saw an Onyx in the same cave in Pokemon Y. And I also got my first fossil ever I think, and it's a dragon woah!

The only other ones I have played in the series are Red and Black. I'll go buy Omega Ruby when I have completed Y.

Cubone and Sandshrew are like my crushes from Gen 1, so they are some of the most important to me.

Yeah, that's why I loved XY. Most routes had unique Pokemon to catch so I was always looking forward to what was going to pop up. When I first played, I thought Route 3 was awesome because it had Pokemon from every gen.

lupinko

rghngRIl.jpg

So normal:

aF4byAkl.jpg

And well, the other kind. :D

yaG967Fl.jpg

Pachimari

Guess there's no more events in Pokémon X/Y, as they have directed their focus toward Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

You get events like what I just posted, ok maybe not the same events that I just posted. But like that sorta.

Lupinko, you need to add me on a friend on 3DS as well. Do you mind? :)

lupinko

Guess there's no more events in Pokémon X/Y, as they have directed their focus toward Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Lupinko, you need to add me on a friend on 3DS as well. Do you mind? :)

Sure, I'll send you a PM with my FC. And XY still has events actually. So just keep an eye out or monitor this thread or go to serebii for news.

Muku

Congrats Lupinko!! Sorta mad they allowed shiny this time after I moved. Haha ugh. I'd like to say "One day..." but we know Nintendo/GF hate the rest of the world. :)

On another Pokemon note, anyone catch the Pokemon Center vending machine in some mall up in Seattle? I remember hearing about it, not sure if it's still there, but was wondering if it had anything good in it.

Syntsui

Got my first ever shiny last night in WT. Chances its legit?
Also it evolved when traded, so I'm assuming it had to have been shiny prior to evolving (?)

Always suppose giveaway shinies are hacked, but most of them are impossible to prove otherwise, so whatever. Enjoy it :)

QP3

Nice Lupinko!

QP3, you are pretty lucky through wonder trade. I think the best thing I got was a Gengar. Congrats!
Thanks! I have only started playing again this past week, so I feel fortunate. For the first time my goal is to fill out the Dex as much as possible. To get started, I have been wonder trading all my breeding rejects, and alas...

entremet

Got my first ever shiny last night in WT. Chances its legit?
Also it evolved when traded, so I'm assuming it had to have been shiny prior to evolving (?)

Hard to tell if stuff is legit off Wondertrade or GTS.

You can still easily gen Pokemon using Powersaves, which fools GTS, Battle Spot and Wondertrade since it only provides legal values.

Muku

This stuff has always been around. I don't think it's getting any worse than it's always been.

Oh I know it's always been around, it's just worse once the internet got here because then if you're trying to stay legit, you basically can't do any trading online. But yeah, I feel like it's worse only on the fact that the more they try to clamp down, the more persistent the hackers get. Course it's always that cat and mouse game.

JoeM86

As I have said...October 10th 2013 to December 25th 2013 was the golden age for Generation VI. Then, after that, things were alright but people used a hacked Ditto but you can sort of let that slide (despite official stance to the contrary), but then Power Saves came, CyberGadget and then injection :/

backlot

Personally, I refuse to accept that the golden age of gen 6 was when we were locked out of having access to tons of Pokemon, Abilities, and moves. The games are a lot more fun now that most of that stuff is available and we have move tutors again.

Azuran

Banned
Okay, can someone do some math for me? What are the chances of getting a 5IV (31/x/31/31/31/31) female Eevee with it's HA when using a 6IV Ditto and a 5IV (31/31/31/31/31/x) female Eevee as parents with a destiny knot?

I swear I been trying for the past two days to get one with no luck yet. I'm starting to assume it's extremely rare or something.

backlot

Okay, can someone do some math for me? What are the chances of getting a 5IV (31/x/31/31/31/31) female Eevee with it's HA when using a 6IV Ditto and a 5IV (31/31/31/31/31/x) female Eevee as parents with a destiny knot?

I swear I been trying for the past two days to get one with no luck yet. I'm starting to assume it's extremely rare or something.

http://destinyknot.tk/

1 out of every 134.7368 eggs!

Good luck.

JoeM86

Personally, I refuse to accept that the golden age of gen 6 was when we were locked out of having access to tons of Pokemon, Abilities, and moves. The games are a lot more fun now that most of that stuff is available and we have move tutors again.

I was referring to the cheating aspect. It was the golden age then because nobody could do it.

In an ideal world, we'd have what we have now with XYORAS but with no cheating whatsoever.

Top Bottom