• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Syntsui

If gamefreak came out with a system where you could edit the IV's and moves to play in competitions, this would be a non-issue.

There are two kinds of people that cheat:

1) The ones that don't want to waste time with the convoluted mess of mechanics this game offers (saying it's better than ever is useless, even though it is, it's still a chore to breed some moves/species - like competitive Raichu/Togekiss or even breeding anything without a 6IV RNGed Ditto). A system where you could edit the IVs/Moves for competitions would eliminate the need for cheating to them. These people don't care about nothing that doesn't regard to the competitive aspect of the game, so if they please them, there is no need to cheat.

2) People who really don't have access to all the Pokémons, which they offer only in restrict areas of the planet. These guys are inofensive, they don't play competitively and just want to have that Mew or Celebi or whatever. I cringe everytime someone criticize these poor kids. They don't care about your ''Pokémon morals'' or your ''Pokémon ethics'', let them be happy.

There is a big conflict of interest in here, they need to please the audience that cares about the competition, about breeding and about the story.

I'd like to see a breeding mechanic where you can pass down stronger IVs than the parent if the stat has been EV trained.

Parent A 252 EVs in Attack with 27 IV
Parent B 252 EVs in HP with 14 IV

Offspring with have Attack IV be 27 or above, and HP IV be 14 or above.

Something to that effect.

Junahu

I'd prefer to see a genuine in-game reason to breed. I mean, like during the story.
I'd honestly like to see some kind of stat boost if you have a mother and child (or two siblings) on the same team. Acknowledge the families you're creating

exhume

I'd prefer to see a genuine in-game reason to breed. I mean, like during the story.
I'd honestly like to see some kind of stat boost if you have a mother and child (or two siblings) on the same team. Acknowledge the families you're creating

Would the game then acknowledge Pokemon inbreeding? I just put a Cottonee into the daycare with his own mother, and they're apparently getting along like a house on fire. I feel dirty.

Muku

Would the game then acknowledge Pokemon inbreeding? I just put a Cottonee into the daycare with his own mother, and they're apparently getting along like a house on fire. I feel dirty.

It's only dirty if you watch. *cough*DayCarepeoplearedirty*cough*

Actually, by now, you'd think that the Day Care folks would know how this stuff works though... LOL.

Junahu

If a family system was implemented, the game would be able to tell if the pokemon you were putting together were related. So, sure.

I don't know if it would be best to stop them from breeding outright, or invoke some kind of IV inheritance bonus that only applies when the breeding pair aren't related.
But we really need to make the breeding system deeper than "slap the pokemon together with 6IV Ditto, then breed the children with the ditto"

LaNaranja

I started getting back into Sapphire this month and trained a few more Pokemon. I now have an entire box full of perfect Pokemon. Well, mostly perfect. Pikachu only has perfect speed and attack while Machamp only has like 29 or 30 IVs in speed but he is shiny and has a choice scarf anyway. In addition to these I also have a Jolteon, Sceptile, Garchomp, Charizard, and Snorlax that I use exclusively for doubles. Sorry for the shitty quality picture, I took it with a Vita.

UiIuhzP.jpg

How many "perfect" Pokemon do the rest of you have? I assume some of you that have been into this game competitively for a while now must have quite a few boxes full at this point.

StoneFox

How many "perfect" Pokemon do the rest of you have? I assume some of you that have been into this game competitively for a while now must have quite a few boxes full at this point.
I just got into competitive around October of last year and just barely have two boxes full because I burned out two months ago trying to breed a lot of pokemon for weeks straight. Next time I'm in the mood though I'm gonna breed a competitive Dewgong and Gogoat. I believe the last competitive pokemon I bred was Dedenne but I doubt I'll ever use it lol

MGrant

I need a pokemon that is good against ludicolo and hydreigon, i'm having too much problems with them.

Mega-Heracross, Mega-Pinsir, Mega-Scizor, and Mega-Altaria come to mind, if you have a mega-slot available. Make sure you can outspeed Hydreigon, though. Maybe Mega-Beedrill, although he can't switch into, well, anything.

Scrafty, Togekiss, and Gliscor should be good non-mega options. Under Trick Room, Escavalier and Dragalge will annihilate them both. Bug, Poison, Flying, and Fairy moves are what you're looking for.

Carl7

Mega-Heracross, Mega-Pinsir, Mega-Scizor, and Mega-Altaria come to mind, if you have a mega-slot available. Make sure you can outspeed Hydreigon, though. Maybe Mega-Beedrill, although he can't switch into, well, anything.

Scrafty, Togekiss, and Gliscor should be good non-mega options. Under Trick Room, Escavalier and Dragalge will annihilate them both. Bug, Poison, Flying, and Fairy moves are what you're looking for.

I changed my arcanine for a conkeldurr and it's quite better now. Conkeldurr is great against hydreigon, does well against ludicolo and it's also a threat to rotoms.

My mega is already mega-pinsir, but it hates burn,swift swim and fake out.

Wish Pokébank allowed me to renew already. My subscription's almost running out and my full living dex is on there, but I keep forgetting to check when I can renew it. Destiny is consuming all of my gaming time right now.

Pachimari

Man I love Pokemon Y, just got my first bike woo! Thought it had been replaced by the roller skates. Also, my most haired Pokemon at this point is the Luvdisc I keep fishing up haha.

How is Pokemon Bank?
Do I need to exit my game and enter the Bank app everytime I want to move a Pokemon to my team? Or will my bank be accessible on the PokeCenter computer?

JoeM86

Man I love Pokemon Y, just got my first bike woo! Thought it had been replaced by the roller skates. Also, my most haired Pokemon at this point is the Luvdisc I keep fishing up haha.

How is Pokemon Bank?
Do I need to exit my game and enter the Bank app everytime I want to move a Pokemon to my team? Or will my bank be accessible on the PokeCenter computer?

In-game, you have full storage of up to 31 boxes of 30 Pokémon, leading to having 930 Pokémon in your game.

Pokémon Bank is a separate piece of software that gives you cloud storage. You'll need to load it up to put Pokémon from Bank into your game, but if they're in your in-game boxes, you don't need to open Bank to put them in your team.

backlot

I started getting back into Sapphire this month and trained a few more Pokemon. I now have an entire box full of perfect Pokemon. Well, mostly perfect. Pikachu only has perfect speed and attack while Machamp only has like 29 or 30 IVs in speed but he is shiny and has a choice scarf anyway. In addition to these I also have a Jolteon, Sceptile, Garchomp, Charizard, and Snorlax that I use exclusively for doubles. Sorry for the shitty quality picture, I took it with a Vita.

In gen 6 I've got about two boxes of fully trained Pokemon and 3 boxes of Pokemon I bred and never trained. I never really bothered transferring most of my Pokemon from older gens but I've got a lot of those too.

entremet

How is Pokemon Bank?

Once you get a better rod, you'll get better Pokemon.

Remember to remove any Heart Scales from them.

Azuran

Banned

I have 2 boxes of fully trained Pokémon and like 3 or 4 boxes of random perfect stuff that I bred just for fun just for fun and probably will never used competitively unless something like Gorebyss gets a mega someday.

Firestorm

Wish I could Little Cup but I'll be in Salt Lake City for Regionals that weekend :( Anyone going to be in Seattle or Salt Lake City? Say hi!

lupinko

Oh PSA, if anyone has Japanese ORASXY, I am giving away ONE Shiny Corocoro Code, no strings attached, I don't think I can redeem it in time. They expire in a few hours.

Muku

Oh PSA, if anyone has Japanese ORASXY, I am giving away ONE Shiny Corocoro Code, no strings attached, I don't think I can redeem it in time. They expire in a few hours.

How long is a few hours? If still good I can redeem it

Edit: Nevermind now I suppose. One minute 'til midnight.

upandaway

Finally got Pokemon Bank! Now I can bring my Pokemon over from Y and breed something for the maison.

Anyone got a good moveset/spread for Mega Kangaskhan for singles in the maison? And a team to go with it

entremet

Finally got Pokemon Bank! Now I can bring my Pokemon over from Y and breed something for the maison.

Anyone got a good moveset/spread for Mega Kangaskhan for singles in the maison? And a team to go with it

Max out speed and attack EVs. Put the rest in Defense. I like a Jolly one.

Fake-Out
Return
Power Up Punch
Sucker Punch or Crunch

KdylanR92

Been on a break from breeding and battling for about a week and a half and it has really helped.

I thought I was losing interest in the game but the other night after I got off work i went to a friends house and just watched them play and battle for a while and was like "nope" still love the game, now where is my 3ds.

I guess I just need to take breaks more often.

Ahnez

Fourth failed attempt to get a HA froakie from GTS

I'm giving up for now :p

Also, just missing two mirage spot non-legendaries now :)

lupinko

The really cool thing about the Celebi GC distro disc is that you can send Celebi to 48 other completed games after you have one redeemed for your Colosseum save.

But of course you can just reload the saves again via backup (second GC memory card or HBC Wii).

I've streamlined the Jirachi farming and now I'm trying to do that for Celebi too.

Ahnez

As I don't have a Bank, I transfer my pokes between X and Alpha using the GTS

Well, I put a Buneary up to trade for a Rotom, but someone was faster and traded before I switched games.

Ok, this happens sometimes

But, I just noticed that this Rotom I recieved has 5 perfect IV lol

backlot

As I don't have a Bank, I transfer my pokes between X and Alpha using the GTS

Well, I put a Buneary up to trade for a Rotom, but someone was faster and traded before I switched games.

Ok, this happens sometimes

But, I just noticed that this Rotom I recieved has 5 perfect IV lol

Put up a garbage Pokemon for trade on your target game and then trade your good Pokemon for it. That way if someone else trades you first you only lose a garbage Pokemon.

Ahnez

Put up a garbage Pokemon for trade on your target game and then trade your good Pokemon for it. That way if someone else trades you first you only lose a garbage Pokemon.

Both were garbage pokemon :p

I'm just trying to fill both games' pokedexes at the same time

Syntsui

I really hope they announce the new game at E3. The thirsty is real here, this thread is barely alive, ORAS post-game sucks... I really hope they come up with interesting features.

Man, why are people such assholes with their Secret Bases? No, I don't think it's cute that you put a million trap tiles around to waste my time trying to get a flag/battle. I even had one that was set up so you couldn't access anything beyond the first tile.

Muku

Actually, its not like I don't want

I just have no way to pay for it (or for anything on Eshop) :/

Ah, no Nintendo cards or anything? :( I know while in Japan was a bit of a pain to get a US one. Found a place online that would take my JPN card and send a digital code of card. Because no one has time to wait on that thing being shipped.

Ahnez

Ah, no Nintendo cards or anything? :( I know while in Japan was a bit of a pain to get a US one. Found a place online that would take my JPN card and send a digital code of card. Because no one has time to wait on that thing being shipped.
No :/

Kinsei

Banned
I really hope they announce the new game at E3. The thirsty is real here, this thread is barely alive, ORAS post-game sucks... I really hope they come up with interesting features.

Yep. The legendaries are all super easy to find & catch, the Delta Episode while cool for Rayquaza and Deoxys is really boring until then, and the battle maison is crap.

I'm really itching for the inevitable third game/X&Y sequel.

Azuran

Banned
Yep. The legendaries are all super easy to find & catch, the Delta Episode while cool for Rayquaza and Deoxys is really boring until then, and the battle maison is crap.

I'm really itching for the inevitable third game/X&Y sequel.

I'm still bitter at how they blew the postgame in XY. It had the making to the greatest Pokemon game. The pre-release hype was unreal and brought so many people back to the series, and they screwed up by giving us nothing to do after everything was said and done. Even competitive play was pretty meh since they restricted us to only around 400 Pokemon.

I have high expectations for the Z/XY2. The postgame in all the enhanced releases has always been great but knowing GF, they'll probably disappoint again.

Highwind

I still maintain that ORAS is one of the weakest games (and remakes) which is disappointing.

Some things I was really hoping for were:

The Emerald Battle Frontier.
Mirage Tower.
Emerald gym leader teams (Wattson still not having a Manectric is wrong).
Gym Leader rematches (Why?).
Trainer Hill.
GBA Sounds.
Challenge Mode.

It's a shame we'll likely never see a Battle Frontier or Challenge Mode again because they feel players get frustrated with challenging things. This could have been the definitive Pokémon game for me. :/

Greymanic

Neo Member
Getting back into the series recently, fell off around Pokemon X launch and trying to finish off some stuff before I look into picking up Omega Ruby.

This is probably not the best place to ask, but I'm looking to get access to a Ditto Friend Safari since that seems to be the main way of getting anything near perfect Pokemon. Is there anyone who could help me out?

Top Bottom