• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Getting back into the series recently, fell off around Pokemon X launch and trying to finish off some stuff before I look into picking up Omega Ruby.

This is probably not the best place to ask, but I'm looking to get access to a Ditto Friend Safari since that seems to be the main way of getting anything near perfect Pokemon. Is there anyone who could help me out?

Looking for a 6IV one? Or just gathering up different IV ones?

I really hope they announce the new game at E3. The thirsty is real here, this thread is barely alive, ORAS post-game sucks... I really hope they come up with interesting features.

I think they can hold off announcing it until September or so for an early release next year. They need the extra time so they can actually come up with some good stuff. :/

Muku

Gathering them, I'm a little late to the party on it though it seems.

Actually, good luck. It's difficult to find anyone with a Ditto FS, since your FC determines your FS. You'd have to get lucky for it to be Normal, then be lucky to even have the Ditto in it. In all the 100 people on my main 3DS and 60something in my secondary 3DS, I don't have a single person with a Ditto FS. And folks who did have Ditto FS's were so swamped with FC requests, think a lot of them stopped shortly after anyway.

You know what you could do though? Trade Scatterbug on GTS for Ditto. At this point though, I imagine you'd need to have very difficult things to gather them. But in beginning, before I started breeding the Monsoon/Sandstorm/Snow(? can't remember) I was putting up my regular Scatters for Ditto. Didn't state what kind they were just threw them up and they'd trade away pretty quickly. Got enough pretty quickly that I sorted out the three Ditto I'd need (and used initially) to breed with. Each had a + IV in something other didn't have, 2 each. It also helped me obtain Ditto with different natures for breeding as well.

Can't say what is good trade bait on GTS anymore for Ditto, but might be worth a try.

entremet

I'm still bitter at how they blew the postgame in XY. It had the making to the greatest Pokemon game. The pre-release hype was unreal and brought so many people back to the series, and they screwed up by giving us nothing to do after everything was said and done. Even competitive play was pretty meh since they restricted us to only around 400 Pokemon.

I have high expectations for the Z/XY2. The postgame in all the enhanced releases has always been great but knowing GF, they'll probably disappoint again.

Maison grinding is getting seriously old too.

Those 50 game streaks are just too much honestly.

I remember Gen IV having 100 game streaks as requirements. It's just too much.

I so much preferred PWT in B2W2. It was way more fun than Battle Maison/Subway/Frontier.

Plus White Treehollow and Black Tower were also dope and you got nice rewards--shiny Pseudo Legendaries.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Newsflash: The first game(s) in every generation lacked post game content. The best ones were Black and White and of course Gold and Silver, though those two had a cramped game because of it. Gen 1,3,4,6 have almost nothing to do after you beat the game, but all of them besides Yellow have an exhaustive post game in their third versions.

lupinko

Pics I took from a PC visit last weekend:

WrIj0akl.jpg

New Pokedolls

46yLXGSl.jpg

The big Yzardchu is new

44u2nj4l.jpg

Raincoatchu is this month's Monthlychu and another big Yzardchu, the upcoming Monthlychu is an Ondochu, I didn't take pics of that ad tho.

KcGoQozl.jpg

New Supersizedchu

j3aCMEWl.jpg

New pillowchu

I traded my Xerneas to my friend's Omega Ruby game and he noticed that in the pokedex entry it says Neutral Mode.

Has anyone talked about this? What can this be referring to?

Muku

Son of a... I wanted the Pikachu in Charizard outfit. I'm not sure if it was only offered for a limited time at some, but I couldn't find it at Yokohama PC or the new Ikebukuro one. Fffff. Now it pops up. That was big thing I was looking forward to finding at the Ikebukuro one.

Edit: Thinking back to the Ikebukuro one, I remember a Sylveon keychain there that was kind of funny. Had the Japanese name for it in romanji. Is there any reason Sylveon has the name it does in Japanese? My husband and I busted out laughing and had to explain to our Japanese friend with us at the time what was so funny about it.

lupinko

Son of a... I wanted the Pikachu in Charizard outfit. I'm not sure if it was only offered for a limited time at some, but I couldn't find it at Yokohama PC or the new Ikebukuro one. Fffff. Now it pops up. That was big thing I was looking forward to finding at the Ikebukuro one.

Edit: Thinking back to the Ikebukuro one, I remember a Sylveon keychain there that was kind of funny. Had the Japanese name for it in romanji. Is there any reason Sylveon has the name it does in Japanese? My husband and I busted out laughing and had to explain to our Japanese friend with us at the time what was so funny about it.

Well there is always a way still for you to get a Yzardchu.

Azuran

Banned
I traded my Xerneas to my friend's Omega Ruby game and he noticed that in the pokedex entry it says Neutral Mode.

Has anyone talked about this? What can this be referring to?

It's just aesthetic. Xerneas changes to Active Form and gets all colorful in battles, but appears in Neutral Form outside of them.

Muku

Well there is always a way still for you to get a Yzardchu.

How's that? I haven't seen it on the US Pokemon Center website.

Plus, it's something I'd have to have picked up while there. So broke right now. No idea when I'll have money again, because now that we're back, it's just saving up money to get where we want to be in the US ultimately. ><

lupinko

How's that? I haven't seen it on the US Pokemon Center website.

Plus, it's something I'd have to have picked up while there. So broke right now. No idea when I'll have money again, because now that we're back, it's just saving up money to get where we want to be in the US ultimately. ><

Ahem, I'm still here, and they restock it every now and then. Haha

Muku

Ahem, I'm still here, and they restock it every now and then. Haha

True, but I'd probably pay more on shipping than item itself, haha. Actually not entirely true. Some things I was surprised about shipping from there. I doubt by time I get money they'll still have them. They tend to replace that stuff fairly quickly in PCs. That is the one downside. ;_; Plus, sending money to folks (or trying to send out) is a pain in the booty. I remember one year my MIL sending us a money order. LOL. Had to wait until we were on vacation in the US to use it. Fortunately we were going on a visit before it expired.

Apparently there's a kickstarter for some VGC documentary. Sounds awesome!

Also my Japanese 3DS arrived and is updating. There's no real point in buying ORAS a third time for my Japanese console, right?

Muku

Apparently there's a kickstarter for some VGC documentary. Sounds awesome!

Also my Japanese 3DS arrived and is updating. There's no real point in buying ORAS a third time for my Japanese console, right?

Depends. Do you want chance at events? Some events are ORAS only. That's why I made sure I picked up a copy before leaving. (Some events still are XYORAS, though.) I make sure to have one English copy of a game for my US 3DS and one Japanese copy of a game for my JPN 3DS.

What color/variation 3DS did you get? :)

Light Blue original 3DS because the original 3DS was $95 to $100 on Amazon, with Prime and all that fun jazz, and Light Blue was my favorite color out of the bunch. It's not really light blue though, but it's still, uh... Fabulous. I love it!

Oh and okay, I'll think about it then. I'll definitely get a Japanese Pokemon game if we get another pair on the 3DS though.

Muku

Light Blue original 3DS because the original 3DS was $95 to $100 on Amazon, with Prime and all that fun jazz, and Light Blue was my favorite color out of the bunch. It's not really light blue though, but it's still, uh... Fabulous. I love it!

Oh and okay, I'll think about it then. I'll definitely get a Japanese Pokemon game if we get another pair on the 3DS though.

Good deal. :) And yeah, I guess at this point I'm kind of waiting to see if next batch of games are 3DS. Like I know with the Fennekin thing they had recently, it was XYORAS, as I claimed it on X but also AS on my JPN 3DS. I want to think the things that are ORAS only have been in-person events. The Pikachu from the ORAS Cafe was ORAS only. Though now I think about it, the Shiny Rayquaza at the WHF wasn't. So guess it's kind of a mixed bag.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Actually, good luck. It's difficult to find anyone with a Ditto FS, since your FC determines your FS. You'd have to get lucky for it to be Normal, then be lucky to even have the Ditto in it. In all the 100 people on my main 3DS and 60something in my secondary 3DS, I don't have a single person with a Ditto FS. And folks who did have Ditto FS's were so swamped with FC requests, think a lot of them stopped shortly after anyway.

You know what you could do though? Trade Scatterbug on GTS for Ditto. At this point though, I imagine you'd need to have very difficult things to gather them. But in beginning, before I started breeding the Monsoon/Sandstorm/Snow(? can't remember) I was putting up my regular Scatters for Ditto. Didn't state what kind they were just threw them up and they'd trade away pretty quickly. Got enough pretty quickly that I sorted out the three Ditto I'd need (and used initially) to breed with. Each had a + IV in something other didn't have, 2 each. It also helped me obtain Ditto with different natures for breeding as well.

Can't say what is good trade bait on GTS anymore for Ditto, but might be worth a try.

Late getting back but I appreciated the advice, I'll look into it and see what can be done, At this stage it might be the more sensible option.

Muku

Lucky you. I still haven't caught a random shiny and I've been playing since Red.

Never did until X. Best feeling ever. Actually first one encountered on X was when I was practicing breeding for first time working on bringing up IVs from Ditto. Was using a Fennekin when a gray one popped. I didn't have shiny charm for that, but for the wild ones I've ended up finding, I didn't see them until I got the charm. Totally worth getting the charm. It's been fun this generation actually seeing wild shinies and even bred ones.

Azuran

Banned
Never did until X. Best feeling ever. Actually first one encountered on X was when I was practicing breeding for first time working on bringing up IVs from Ditto. Was using a Fennekin when a gray one popped. I didn't have shiny charm for that, but for the wild ones I've ended up finding, I didn't see them until I got the charm. Totally worth getting the charm. It's been fun this generation actually seeing wild shinies and even bred ones.

I think I'm lucky when it comes to shinies because I've got 6 in Gen VI so far. I caught a Foongus, Mawile, Remoraid in XY and Grimer and Sandshrew in ORAS. I also got a shiny Charmander from breeding.

lupinko

Speaking of shinies, after the great Pokemon Y April save disaster, I recently RNGed in RSE:

Shinies:
Hasty Rayquaza
Lonely Rayquaza
Relaxed Mudkip
Jolly Mudkip
Hasty Torchic
Hasty Treecko

Doesn't make up for my lost gen 6 shinies, breedables, gen 6 events and gen 6 event trade warchest, but it's nice to see that shine again.

Speaking of shinies, after the great Pokemon Y April save disaster, I recently RNGed in RSE:

Shinies:
Hasty Rayquaza
Lonely Rayquaza
Relaxed Mudkip
Jolly Mudkip
Hasty Torchic
Hasty Treecko

Doesn't make up for my lost gen 6 shinies, breedables, gen 6 events and gen 6 event trade warchest, but it's nice to see that shine again.

Nice. Just need Groudon and Kyogre now : )

BTW, if you like shinies, you may like this.

Shiny Gyarados event and Magikarp event at Japanese Pokemon Centres. Apparently you can get unlimited (or a lot of) Magikarps and they can be shiny too..

lupinko

Nice. Just need Groudon and Kyogre now : )

BTW, if you like shinies, you may like this.

Shiny Gyarados event and Magikarp event at Japanese Pokemon Centres. Apparently you can get unlimited (or a lot of) Magikarps and they can be shiny too..

Boo, I wanted Jirachi or Victini but then again Pokevillion was everywhere last year and I got Jirachi. I miss my warchest. :(

Oh I'm in going to RNG Lonely Groudon and Hasty Kyogre (and variations of both natures of Deoxys).

I have to streamline my Ageto farming method further.

I'll read the Shiny Rados news when I'm sober.

lupinko

Okay I've RNGed shinies of the following thus far recently:

Modest Kyogre
Jolly Deoxys
Adamant Groudon

Hasty Kyogre
Hasty Deoxys
Hasty Rayquaza
Hasty Torchic
Hasty Treecko

Lonely Rayquaza
Lonely Groudon
Lonely Deoxys

Jolly Mudkip
Relaxed Mudkip

I'll also get to starting another Emerald play though with:

Shiny Adamants:

Mudkip
Kyogre
Groudon
Deoxys
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Mew

It's so great to be able to warp early on in the game, and I guess I can throw in Celebi and Jirachi too for those playthroughs.

Gen 3 is basically my playground. :D

Only way to keep my mind off the great Gen 6 house fire of April.

Muku

Gawd, wracking my brain on trying to work out a way to get a Sylveon with Pixilate. Can anyone help me?

I have some leftover Eevee from last years breeding for my Umbreon. Actually, you know what? If you want one with a specific nature, let me know. [Edit: Send me a PM if you do.] Can breed one out for you to save trouble if you like.

Carl7

I was so used to never seeing weather teams on battlespot that i completely blanked out and lost to one this morning.

My current team is a light rain team, but i'm already working on a heavy sand team with mega garchomp. Figuring out weather teams is my main enjoyment right now, so much role play.

Condom

Question: Do these games not have 3D? I have a N3DSXL and I thought in-battle graphics had 3D?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just in specific moments and really weak. Bummer :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Game Freak are barely competent on a technical level unfortunately, as these games are effectively first party the lack of 3D and other graphical deficiencies are embarrassing.
I think the framerate drops is the most offending aspect. They haven't even bothered releasing a patch to take advantage of the n3DS specs and avoid this. SMFH Game Freak.

lupinko

Ok I think I'll have the Faraway Island farming method streamlined soon for shiny RNG.

I just did a Brave SubPunch+BoltBeam Mew yesterday. Going to do Timid/Modest/Jolly/Calm/Careful/Bold next.

The brave one I got has decent stats, lowest was HP at 17, nothing else below 20, and Atk and Def both perfect 31s.

It didn't take long but Mew is pretty annoying to RNG because you have to physically catch it before trying to catch it in an encounter.

Muku

Ok I think I'll have the Faraway Island farming method streamlined soon for shiny RNG.

I just did a Brave SubPunch+BoltBeam Mew yesterday. Going to do Timid/Modest/Jolly/Calm/Careful/Bold next.

The brave one I got has decent stats, lowest was HP at 17, nothing else below 20, and Atk and Def both perfect 31s.

It didn't take long but Mew is pretty annoying to RNG because you have to physically catch it before trying to catch it in an encounter.

Nice! :)

Not surprising about last part.

I think the framerate drops is the most offending aspect. They haven't even bothered releasing a patch to take advantage of the n3DS specs and avoid this. SMFH Game Freak.
Youkai Watch 2 has framerate issues too, though not as severe as Pokemon, but it's still bad enough at times that I think Game Freak doesn't really feel any pressure to fix a problem that its main competition also has.

I remember some people on GAF being like, "Yeah YW(2) performs way better than Pokemon, solid 30 FPS!" I was so disappointed to see that is performance is horribly exaggerated. Even with the 3D turned off I still see stuttering on a regular enough basis. And 3D on is just "EEWWWW" at times in battles. The 3D effect is fine on the overworld but due to the camera angle it's not that impressive so I just typically have the 3D off now.

Ahnez

What is sad is that, even without the n3DS better specs, there are games that can run extremely well in the regular 3DS

Like smash bros, stable 60fps even in 3D, and with way more things happening on screen/being calculated all the times

GF is just bad at coding..

To be fair, this gen was a pretty big step up in a technical sense from G5 in several ways, though they had been preparing for 3D since G4. Part of it may just due to the 3DS hardware in general, but I'm not sure if it's something that can be solved by more programming time.

That said, I do hope they use that extra n3DS muscle in Z. I don't know if they have any incentive to patch XY/ORAS after the fact, considering the investment they'd have to make at this point.

Of course, this is all overlooking the fact that Game Freak is sort of lol when it comes to technical proficiency in game development, but gotta stay positive :)

lupinko

I want those for my niece T_T

When you say for your niece don't you really mean yourself? Lol

Edit: On the Mew front, being able to farm regular and Shiny kinda makes me all excited about Pokemon again, even after the great disaster.

Actually prior to the disaster my excitement wasn't really there and I kinda rested on my laurels. Just sat in my Ivory tower and all, until it toppled that is.

Carl7

When you say for your niece don't you really mean yourself? Lol

Edit: On the Mew front, being able to farm regular and Shiny kinda makes me all excited about Pokemon again, even after the great disaster.

Actually prior to the disaster my excitement wasn't really there and I kinda rested on my laurels. Just sat in my Ivory tower and all, until it toppled that is.

Nope, she loves amiibos and I'm sure she would love these dolls too.

Top Bottom