• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Well, I meant good or bad. Not that despite it not looking great by the #'s you posted. I always think seeing combos that aren't normal is fun. :)

JoeM86

Well, I meant good or bad. Not that despite it not looking great by the #'s you posted. I always think seeing combos that aren't normal is fun. :)

Well if I hadn't made the two human-errors, I'd have got higher and 6-3 (though chances are it'd have affected my matchups and I could have lost them). For a gimmicky team, you wouldn't expect it to do well at all. As soon as my battle box was locked and I was registered, I regretted it, especially as my first match was a loss.

If I don't do the video, I'll just post the Battle Video :)

j8ksb47l.jpg

And I get good Jirachis usually.

I didn't know there was a Celebi bonus disc. NoA could have given us both bonus discs.

lupinko

I didn't know there was a Celebi bonus disc. NoA could have given us both bonus discs.

NoA did give both bonus discs sorta, the Japanese one was in the NA Pokemon Colosseum disc. You can access it via action replay but since it was never released officially, that English Agate Celebi and Colosseum Pikachu are both illegal and illegitimate that you would get from it.

Also the Japanese disc requires you to have basically a complete game save of Colosseum, you get 1 Celebi for your Colosseum save and 48 others to send to other RSEFRLG saves. And those saves themselves need to have finished games too.

So it's nowhere as convenient as the NA disc which is just a fresh game save requirement (as soon as you have the Pokedex, you can get Jirachi).

NoA did give both bonus discs sorta, the Japanese one was in the NA Pokemon Colosseum disc. You can access it via action replay but since it was never released officially, that English Agate Celebi and Colosseum Pikachu are both illegal and illegitimate that you would get from it.

Also the Japanese disc requires you to have basically a complete game save of Colosseum, you get 1 Celebi for your Colosseum save and 48 others to send to other RSEFRLG saves. And those saves themselves need to have finished games too.

So it's nowhere as convenient as the NA disc which is just a fresh game save requirement (as soon as you have the Pokedex, you can get Jirachi).

That Celebi disc sounds like quite the hassle. Playing through Colosseum just to get a good Celebi doesn't sound like fun especially since I didn't care for Colosseum.

lupinko

That Celebi disc sounds like quite the hassle. Playing through Colosseum just to get a good Celebi doesn't sound like fun especially since I didn't care for Colosseum.

It's a hassle yeah but there are completed game saves uploaded and you can reload the saves over and over on a Wii. :D

So on my end it isn't a hassle at all. Lol

lupinko

So that's your secret!

I always though, man, this guy is dedicated.

That is dedication though, the entire process is annoying for the average player. You have to have completed gba games as well, go to the Ageto shrine summon a celebi, switch the bonus disc to colosseum to get that summoned celebi. Then after you can get the 48 on the disc.

Then promptly repeat to farm afterward by just reloading the original completed save. You get different Celebis every time and how I feel in general about clones I don't clone them and just do one and done Celebis to trade. (The same applies to Jirachi as well).

I'm dedicated but not silly, I got the know how of Henry Ford and the control of Don Corleone when it comes to Pokemon (Gen 3).

For Jirachi the amount of time saved on a save determines IVs and nature. So if you do really fast plays to get the pokedex, which is like less than ~17 minutes, you'll often get neutral or gentle or lax natures.

I learned this the hard way, haha.

JoeM86

Nice video Joe. Really looking forward to your other videos. That squash move was very nice.

It's an often overlooked move, but thanks to Prankster on Murkrow and Sableye, it is the ultimate speed control. It has saved my arse with this team so many times, slowing threats to Gengar like Landorus and Greninja so that I can use Hypnosis on them and destroy

Nightbird

Gonna ask here again:

Does anybody have a Shiny Ralts?

It doesn't even need to have good IV's i just want it because i love the Design of Shiny Mega-Guardevoir ^^

JoeM86

42% of people who entered the Masters division of the UK Nationals didn't finish. That's a horrific drop-off. Gordion Knot better sort their crap out. Attendance was already down on last year. Previously, UK Nationals were always the most entered in Europe, but this year Germany beat it out in the end.

UK: 425 entered, 248 finished
Germany: 418 entered...I think most finished, looking for numbers.

42% of people who entered the Masters division of the UK Nationals didn't finish. That's a horrific drop-off. Gordion Knot better sort their crap out. Attendance was already down on last year. Previously, UK Nationals were always the most entered in Europe, but this year Germany beat it out in the end.

UK: 425 entered, 248 finished
Germany: 418 entered...I think most finished, looking for numbers.

I'll just say it here. Thank lord I didn't participate this year.

I really enjoyed this year and last year's VGC, but man the organising was terrible.

Fair enough, there are a thousand participants across the TCG and video game and the age divisions, but I think it's unacceptable for the tournament to start registrations around 10 AM and finish around 10 PM.

Also, I assume I wasn't the only person amused during the second day, when the organisers were waiting on the participants to start? "Will all players please come, immediately".

Oh, actually, that was cringe-worthy in hindsight.

JoeM86

I'll just say it here. Thank lord I didn't participate this year.

I really enjoyed this year and last year's VGC, but man the organising was terrible.

Fair enough, there are a thousand participants across the TCG and video game and the age divisions, but I think it's unacceptable for the tournament to start registrations around 10 AM and finish around 10 PM.

Also, I assume I wasn't the only person amused during the second day, when the organisers were waiting on the participants to start? "Will all players please come, immediately".

Oh, actually, that was cringe-worthy in hindsight.

Yeah, as I probably mentioned to you there (though restating for the benefit of people here), my friend got 6-3 because he had three no-shows due to people dropping ou. He actually had four since one didn't show up before everyone was repaired due to the person who got caught cheating in the 8th round. It's ridiculous :/

I travelled 5 hours to be there, so I was there for the longhaul. Many of my friends gave up around 8/9pm, even though they also travelled far. It's ridiculous it got that bad :/

Andrefpvs

I enjoyed your video, Joe. I like teams that annoy your opponent :p

One question, what happens if you lose Sableye early in the match? Is it still salvageable?

to the person who got caught cheating in the 8th round.

Yikes, what did this person do?

JoeM86

I enjoyed your video, Joe. I like teams that annoy your opponent :p

One question, what happens if you lose Sableye early in the match? Is it still salvageable?

Well for as long as Gravity is in effect, I can keep Hypnosising, but other than that, yeah with the right backup it's easily salvageable.

My last battle of the day was fun. They managed to take out Sableye because, let's face it, Sableye is a pain and Gengar managed to weather it all. It ended up being Gengar VS Kangaskhan and I think Sylveon. Gravity had ended so I took a shot with the Hypnosis. It worked and put Sylveon to sleep again, but of course, Kangaskhan didn't Mega Evolve just so it could take out Gengar. Was expecting the Sucker Punch, but alas.

I had some great fun matches, even the losses and even the losses I messed up on. Only one match was over ridiculously fast, but that's because I took a shot with a Hypnosis without Gravity and it missed, leaving Gengar well open. Then it was everything else VS the two genies. Managed to take some down...was never 4-0'd, but that battle was over within minutes with my loss.

Yikes, what did this person do?

I think he was caught with a hacked Hydreigon.

Frost_Ace

Well for as long as Gravity is in effect, I can keep Hypnosising, but other than that, yeah with the right backup it's easily salvageable.

My last battle of the day was fun. They managed to take out Sableye because, let's face it, Sableye is a pain and Gengar managed to weather it all. It ended up being Gengar VS Kangaskhan and I think Sylveon. Gravity had ended so I took a shot with the Hypnosis. It worked and put Sylveon to sleep again, but of course, Kangaskhan didn't Mega Evolve just so it could take out Gengar. Was expecting the Sucker Punch, but alas.

I had some great fun matches, even the losses and even the losses I messed up on. Only one match was over ridiculously fast, but that's because I took a shot with a Hypnosis without Gravity and it missed, leaving Gengar well open. Then it was everything else VS the two genies. Managed to take some down...was never 4-0'd, but that battle was over within minutes with my loss.

I think he was caught with a hacked Hydreigon.
How did they find the Hydreigon was hacked? O.O

JoeM86

How did they find the Hydreigon was hacked? O.O

He was on stream and someone noticed in his game that it was below a level it had to be to evolve, and I think it had an Egg Move indicating it was bred and not caught in XY when it can be caught under the level.

Azuran

Banned
He was on stream and someone noticed in his game that it was below a level it had to be to evolve, and I think it had an Egg Move indicating it was bred and not caught in XY when it can be caught under the level.

LMAO. If you're going to gen Pokemon, at least do it right.

StoneFox

I hope we get some mainline announcement at e3.

Kinda done with ORAS already. Need some new blood.
I dunno, I kinda wouldn't mind them taking a year off, although the sales numbers of the 3DS games might make annual releases more appealing right now.

Although I also don't know if I would want a remake or a new region for the next game. Kalos was kinda disappointing in how it had a lot of rehashing elements of Kanto in order to pull Genwunners back instead of making its own distinct mark. Sycamore is my favorite professor though.

Frost_Ace

I'd prefer if they didn't release anything this year, Gen VI has been kinda hit and miss, so I hope they take their time to make the new game better

Carl7

I'd prefer if they didn't release anything this year, Gen VI has been kinda hit and miss, so I hope they take their time to make the new game better

Yeah, I would love gen 7 instead of a new gen 6 game, mostly because i want them to change a few things.

Syntsui

There's no way we won't get a third game for this gen, the tradition won't be broken. We will have an announcement this year for sure, maybe not at E3.

Ondore

Silly question: Is the Diancite locked to ORAS, or can it go back to X?

I want to redo a mono-Rock run in X (for Articuno) but want to use Mega Diancie on the team.

Muku

Taking this year off would be preferable for me. In all honesty, I haven't touched ORAS in months. I never liked R/S anyway, and I was hoping this time around would be different. It is...sort of in another way. I feel like I gotta RNG them as shiny now. I want legit shiny legendaries, so yeah, I gotta go through this process and get rid of the stuff that is in my shiny dex already. I've had no luck with Latias which makes me dread the rest of this. Maybe I'll get back to it after my current run through FFT:WotL.

I hate you so much Latias.

StoneFox

I'm not very high on the Doubles ladder but Flareon tanking hits cracked me up.
I know it was because of the light screen mainly, but I still think my opponent expected it to die with that thunderbolt. xD Also, the Rotom living with 1 HP D:

5U9W-WWWW-WW26-4LKJ

As someone who plays for fun, I loved this match hahaha

lupinko

Taking this year off would be preferable for me. In all honesty, I haven't touched ORAS in months. I never liked R/S anyway, and I was hoping this time around would be different. It is...sort of in another way. I feel like I gotta RNG them as shiny now. I want legit shiny legendaries, so yeah, I gotta go through this process and get rid of the stuff that is in my shiny dex already. I've had no luck with Latias which makes me dread the rest of this. Maybe I'll get back to it after my current run through FFT:WotL.

I hate you so much Latias.

Yeah I'll get to that RNg video for you soon, I haven't forgotten, and the Shinies I RNGed for you from third gen, Sentinel Whale, Yellow Virus, The hated one's annoying cousin and that awesome blue.

Muku

Yeah I'll get to that RNg video for you soon, I haven't forgotten, and the Shinies I RNGed for you from third gen, Sentinel Whale, Yellow Virus, The hated one's annoying cousin and that awesome blue.

It's all good. Have actually been busy which is another reason the whole farming/playing Pokemon has been put off. Though when you get around to wanting your Cafe Pikachu and Rayray's let me know. :)

Muku

Going to post again, only because my post is kind of old and I'm looking for something for a friend. Does anyone here have a HA Slurpuff/Swirlix for trade? I don't tend to collect, or pay as much attention to HA Pokemon as I should, so not sure if I can offer a HA for it. But I'll do what I can. Just let me know.

Muku

When's Dragonite again?

June 22nd 2015 - July 12th 2015

Thank you for the reminder though. Was really starting to forget. With [paid] work starting up soon, not going to be as easy to go down and hit GameStops up. Ugh. Just hope they have codes long enough for me to get to them.

Going to post again, only because my post is kind of old and I'm looking for something for a friend. Does anyone here have a HA Slurpuff/Swirlix for trade? I don't tend to collect, or pay as much attention to HA Pokemon as I should, so not sure if I can offer a HA for it. But I'll do what I can. Just let me know.

Still need one? I have one from a trade or Wonder Trade. (Probably a trade since the IVs are good and the ID looks familiar.)

I'll be free late-ish (10-12 PM), UK time (so late afternoon, for you?).

Muku

Still need one? I have one from a trade or Wonder Trade. (Probably a trade since the IVs are good and the ID looks familiar.)

I'll be free late-ish (10-12 PM), UK time (so late afternoon, for you?).

I do! Hm I think it'll be from 5-7 here, which is totally fine. Have something to do this morning so that's actually perfect.

Muku

Nah, it's alright. I used it as a breeding parent already XD

If you have Heart Scales, there may be good moves to relearn.

Cool... I may do that. Think i've hoarded some on X. I was tempted to give this straight away to my friend, but think I'm going to use it as a breeder now too. XD For one I want one with the HA, and two, in case I need anymore in future.

Edit: I'm online. Just drop a request when you get on. Keeping an eye on it while doing other things. :)

Edit 2: Thank you!!!!! Oh god this Pachi is so freaking adorable.

Edit 3: Does anyone know what the battle points cap is in Pokemon X/Y? Got a bunch in bank waiting to be redeemed but don't want to claim in case I screw myself out of some points.

Firestorm

My friend has 20,002 BP so I assume it's at least 99,999?

Also breeding and happiness are the worst things I just want to go to bed but I can't ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey PokeGAF, not sure if this is the right place to ask but if anyone has a 5IV or 6IV Ditto they can spare then that would be awesome! I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon again and have really been itching to make a competitive team and have been torturing myself through wondertrade with no success for a Ditto.

PM me if you can help! I would greatly appreciate it.

Muku

My friend has 20,002 BP so I assume it's at least 99,999?

Also breeding and happiness are the worst things I just want to go to bed but I can't ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ah okay cool, thank ya. Wasn't sure if it went that high or capped at 9,999 or something.

StoneFox

Hey PokeGAF, not sure if this is the right place to ask but if anyone has a 5IV or 6IV Ditto they can spare then that would be awesome! I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon again and have really been itching to make a competitive team and have been torturing myself through wondertrade with no success for a Ditto.

PM me if you can help! I would greatly appreciate it.
If you have a reddit account, this subreddit gives them away
http://www.reddit.com/r/breedingdittos

It's disappointing that I we can't just breed them, of all the improvements they have made to IV breeding, not being able to breed better Dittos is the one true roadblock... C'mon Game Freak, it makes no sense that Ditto can breed a Magnemite but not another Ditto :(

Top Bottom