• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

If you have a reddit account, this subreddit gives them away
http://www.reddit.com/r/breedingdittos

It's disappointing that I we can't just breed them, of all the improvements they have made to IV breeding, not being able to breed better Dittos is the one true roadblock... C'mon Game Freak, it makes no sense that Ditto can breed a Magnemite but not another Ditto :(

And you know, I'd sit there breeding my way up the IV chain legit to breed out my own 5 or 6 IV Ditto. No matter how long it took.

lupinko

Hey PokeGAF, not sure if this is the right place to ask but if anyone has a 5IV or 6IV Ditto they can spare then that would be awesome! I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon again and have really been itching to make a competitive team and have been torturing myself through wondertrade with no success for a Ditto.

PM me if you can help! I would greatly appreciate it.

I have 6IV adamant and modest Dittos that I give away.

JoeM86

Japanese World Championship Qualifier Stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv223482680 You need a NicoNico account

Missed Juniors but here's the rest of the schedule

Senior Finals: 15:20 - 15:35 JST / 07:20 - 07:35 BST / 06:20 - 06:35 UTC / 02:20 - 02:35 EDT / 23:20 - 23:35 PDT (June 13th)
Master Finals: 15:50 - 16:05 JST / 07:50 - 08:05 BST / 06:50 - 07:05 UTC / 02:50 - 03:05 EDT / 23:50 - 00:05 PDT
FInally, there will be an award ceremony from 16:10 to 16:25 JST.

Firestorm

Bo1 finals? WTF Japan?
Here is how you get to the World Championships from Japan this year!

Day 1 Invite
Please send in your applications online. First come first serve.

Day 2 Invite
The top 31 players from the Japan Cup, an online tournament that only lets you play 10 battles a day will be invited to play in the National Championships. One more player is selected from an offline Singles tournament.

The 32 players are split into 8 groups of 4 players each. You play Round Robin so 3 games per group. best of 1. The winner from each group moves on to Single Elimination Top 8. If there is a tie, the tie is broken with rock paper scissors.

The Top 8, including finals, is Best of 1.

Top 8 get unpaid invites to Day 2 of the World Championships. Top 4 get a trip.

The Pokemon Company (not International) is a fucking awful company. Japan used to have the best qualification system in the world before the 2011 earthquake. After that it has been absolutely awful and the players there are incredibly frustrated.

That said, both the finalists are incredibly strong players. We have SHADEviera who is considered one of the best players in the country against Mor1yama who is the man behind the Landorus-T / Conkeldurr / Cresselia / Heatran core that became so popular.

Ondore

The 32 players are split into 8 groups of 4 players each. You play Round Robin so 3 games per group. best of 1. The winner from each group moves on to Single Elimination Top 8. If there is a tie, the tie is broken with rock paper scissors.

u focking wut m8

KdylanR92

Wow I felt so bad for winning when me and my opponent are on our last pokemon, he had a Gyrados at full health and i had a Garchomp at half health and he missed every Ice Fang(95 acc) while i used Rock Slide(75 acc) at minus 1 and hit every time.

I guess I should thank the Pokemon gods of battle and luck for that win.

Zing

Banned
Quick question from a Pokémon newbie:

Is there any reason to not use a shiny? I stumbled across a shiny Weedle in the wild and am wondering if I should leave him "untouched" or go ahead and level him up to replace my existing Beedrill.

Quick question from a Pokémon newbie:

Is there any reason to not use a shiny? I stumbled across a shiny Weedle in the wild and am wondering if I should leave him "untouched" or go ahead and level him up to replace my existing Beedrill.
The shiny effect is purely visual, so feel free to do what you want in that instance.

Zing

Banned
Thanks, I'm still playing through Y and just reached the Pokeball factory.

Used the GTS for the first time. Traded a male Litleo for a Bulbasaur. Now to try for a Haunter. I'd prefer a Gastly, but apparently, since I have never "seen" one, I can't request it.

Used the GTS for the first time. Traded a male Litleo for a Bulbasaur. Now to try for a Haunter. I'd prefer a Gastly, but apparently, since I have never "seen" one, I can't request it.
You can ask for anything on GTS - scroll down the alphabet list to get to "What Pokemon?", then you enter the name (which you have to spell correctly).

Muku

Cool, congrats on your shiny Weedle! :)

Yeah, best part is you can still request it now, even if you've not seen it. Though you can always ask folks here too if you need help finding something.

Zing

Banned
I got a Haunter in trade for my random spare Eevee. I forgot that it evolves upon trading! Hah. So, I now have a French Gengar and Japanese Bulbasaur.

My only problem is that I enjoy giving my crew nicknames, which can't be done to Pokémon received in trade.

Muku

I got a Haunter in trade for my random spare Eevee. I forgot that it evolves upon trading! Hah. So, I now have a French Gengar and Japanese Bulbasaur.

My only problem is that I enjoy giving my crew nicknames, which can't be done to Pokémon received in trade.

Well, it can be if you trade with someone on here and they bred it for ya. But yeah, just for normal trading you can't. I don't name my things so often, but there are times I wish I could name some of the ones I have, but they aren't my ID. :(

Junahu

Something tells me that the usual cycle of Pokemon generations is over for now.
I think that going forward we'll see iterations that introduce stuff gradually, like ORAS's new Megas, rather than an entire new refresh of mechanics and pokemon.

Does anyone agree that if they haven't announced a new game yet, there is a higher chance of gen VII coming next.

No. Because Zygarde still hasn't gotten its new attacks, that Volcano Pokemon hasn't been introduced and AZ's Floette hasn't been released either. A year off is not a big deal.

No. Because Zygarde still hasn't gotten its new attacks, that Volcano Pokemon hasn't been introduced and AZ's Floette hasn't been released either. A year off is not a big deal.
Given the themes behind Zygarde and the Volcano Pokemon I wonder if they could be a movie duo? If so that solves the moves problem with an event Zygarde coming with them both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They'll probably be one more game or set of games to finish gen vi next year and gen vii will be on the next platform. Maybe the NX thing will be some sort of hybrid so people will finally get "their console pokémon game".

JoeM86

There is a lot left for Gen VI to do. Gen VII is a way away.

People have the misbelief that Pokémon has become annual due to the shift in localisation times removing 2013 as a year off for the west and so they don't know how to react to a year off.

Muku

I love year offs. In fact, I kind of think they over do it with once a year things. But I'm probably a minority.

Given the themes behind Zygarde and the Volcano Pokemon I wonder if they could be a movie duo? If so that solves the moves problem with an event Zygarde coming with them both.

I'd say that's likely. Maybe Jirachi would be involved too. After all, Celebi and Mew got their comebacks in movies, so Jirachi should as well.

lupinko

Apparently they're doing Outbreakchu again? Debating on going, I could go cheap and go with a nightbus. Lmao

Lol yeah this is somewhat to reclaim my Outbreakchu that were lost in the great house fire that I shouldn't ever speak of.

Muku

Apparently they're doing Outbreakchu again? Debating on going, I could go cheap and go with a nightbus. Lmao

Lol yeah this is somewhat to reclaim my Outbreakchu that were lost in the great house fire that I shouldn't ever speak of.

Oh wow, they are?! I hadn't heard about it, but then again haven't been able to keep up lately. Wonder why a second round would be in order? Curious when they hold it again, if they do. If it's held in August again, like last year, bring a hat because it was hot and sunny as all heck. Felt my face frying off. (I had a hat, but it wasn't good for my face, as I'd worn my actual cloth Pikachu hat... which is made for winter so it was hot as hell... but I had the best Pikachu hat in town that day)

I kind of hope they do it again. Sad I can't do it again, but it was kind of fun and going around town to claim them.

Firestorm

I love year offs. In fact, I kind of think they over do it with once a year things. But I'm probably a minority.
I think you're in the majority. The most annoying thing about the once a year thing is setting up your game for the post game each time with breeding and such. I have friends who still breed their stuff in XY as a result.

Muku

I think you're in the majority. The most annoying thing about the once a year thing is setting up your game for the post game each time with breeding and such. I have friends who still breed their stuff in XY as a result.

Yep, that's me. I still only breed in XY. Of course, I've not yet finished ORAS yet in any form. So breeding in XY is better in that regard, but in all honesty even if I'd finished I'd leave it in XY as I have all my breeding operations there anyway.

Though I feel like minority because it seems like folks everywhere I turn are upset it's a year off. I wish we'd kind of get off the yearly thing and just get them when they're done. Feel like this gen might have worked out better if they spent a little more time on the 3D not to make it bog down the game.

I had no trouble remaking my breeding set-up on both AS and later OR TBH. First I used my Living Dex to get the charms super quickly. Then I used the hundreds of BP I had from the Bank for each game to get all the BP items I wanted. Then I used the Bank again to transfer all my good mons and breeding stock over. Overall that wouldn't have taken me very long, like 10 to 15 minutes I reckon. Then I just needed an Everstone and Destiny Knot but I had no real issues getting those two, either.

Getting the Platinum flag, on the other hand, was horrible and I have no idea why I actually went through with that nonsense.

JoeM86

Only reason I would stick with XY to breed is the fact it's so easy to have money in it. I have ~3,000,000 in XY but only ~400,000 in ORAS

Muku

Only reason I would stick with XY to breed is the fact it's so easy to have money in it. I have ~3,000,000 in XY but only ~400,000 in ORAS

^ This and the fact I'd already set up a breeding chain. The money is so darn easy that it's just a breeding factory. I just hit under the 1 million the other day. Maybe I'll go back and do daily hotel chores just to bring it back up. That and I have my boxes of Pokemon in X to breed all set up and everything. Yeah I could bring them to PokeBank and over, but it's so much easier with my process I've already set up.

I haven't noticed any egg moves in ORAS that would warrant me to really bother moving over. Would be doable, since PokeBank and all, but just not sure it'd be worth the time.

While watching a Twins game (It was really nice weather, shame we had to leave early) I caught a Timid Heatran that had the potential to be pseuo-perfect.

30/x/31/31/31/30.

I kept it and nicknamed it Trintroll (in Japanese though) in honor of how hard I got trolled. Good one, game, good one. Very funny.

KdylanR92

^ This and the fact I'd already set up a breeding chain. The money is so darn easy that it's just a breeding factory. I just hit under the 1 million the other day. Maybe I'll go back and do daily hotel chores just to bring it back up. That and I have my boxes of Pokemon in X to breed all set up and everything. Yeah I could bring them to PokeBank and over, but it's so much easier with my process I've already set up.

I haven't noticed any egg moves in ORAS that would warrant me to really bother moving over. Would be doable, since PokeBank and all, but just not sure it'd be worth the time.

Trust me it's not worth the time. It took almost a week going thru pokebank to get everything in X and Y over to ORAS, it felt like I was moving in real life

lupinko

Anyone have any ideas for a Singing Kanga?

I'm going to try and RNG a Jolly/Adamant one in XD, and while she is stuck with Early Bird in older games, with ability capsule I can turn that into scrappy in Gen 6! :D

This Kanga would be fun to use in Netplay. I don't play VGC anyway (no time for it anymore really).

JoeM86

Don't forget the Dragonite event begins today in the US. Makes it easy to grab a Dragonite with Extreme Speed, without the need for a Gen IV ancestor.

Muku

Fortunately have had an Extreme Speed Dragonite since forever. Can thank myself for getting one forever ago and bringing it up. Still going to try to go for it today. Will probably call first because nearest one is a hike to get to.

Top Bottom