• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

KdylanR92

4-1 right now on the challenge but I seriously need a break after that last match I just had. Having my Kangaskhan survive with 2HP after getting hit by a Dragon Claw, Rough Skin, and recoil was amazing as hell. I want to enjoy that high for a bit.

Also, I hate Amoonguss. That annoying shroom is everywhere this time.

So i'm not the only one choking on the fumes of that terrible mushroom.

Went 7-3 today and 4 of those battles had Amoonguss in them.

Muku

You know, I'd think these legendaries (outside of obvious Ray, Kyogre, Groudon, and Deoxys) were still shiny locked. I want to get back to shiny breeding, but I don't think I can make myself get back to that until ORAS is finished.

Firestorm

Amoonguss has always been the bane of my team which is why I have so many things for it but still usually have trouble x.x it is definitely annoying to see it on the rise again as a result of Mega Gardevoir Hybrid TR teams gaining in popularity.

Gotta get those Safety Goggles on.

Azuran

Banned
Scizor has been my MVP so far. I seriously wasn't expecting so many Gardevoir. Those technician Bullet Punches are sexy as hell.

JoeM86

From the rules:

If I translated this right: "Pokemon that were brought over from the DS software 'Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2' using PokeTransporter can be used."

Would have to seeing as it allows Manaphy, Meloetta, Genesect and Mew, all of which can't be obtained Gen VI native at this time.

lupinko

They have Gyaradoschu and Magikarpchu at my PC. And the event Gyarados and Magikarp as well, the event runs through until August 31st. I don't think they'll do shiny Jirachi again this year, I would like to be proven wrong though.

Does anyone know if Outbreakchu will have the 6 Pikachu again? Because I don't want to go all the way down there for the weekend to find out there's no event downloads.

Muku

They have Gyaradoschu and Magikarpchu at my PC. And the event Gyarados and Magikarp as well, the event runs through until August 31st. I don't think they'll do shiny Jirachi again this year, I would like to be proven wrong though.

Does anyone know if Outbreakchu will have the 6 Pikachu again? Because I don't want to go all the way down there for the weekend to find out there's no event downloads.

All I see are very few places mentioning it. Only one teases about events. I wonder if they'll have a batch of TCG cards again this year.

c-murph

If anybody would know it be you guys. lol

Maybe a silly question but the USA Gamestop Dragonite code... Will that work even though I'm in Canada?

Carl7

is it 30 battles only? so far i got 17-7, i will try 6 more battles latter this night and see if i can finish it with 70%.

PS: It is impossible to play without Safety googles in this metagame.

The Diancie code is from the GameStop promotion and can only be redeemed in X/Y.

The 200 potions code is the you got for buying the combination ORAS pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936643.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GamerKingFaiz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
200 Potions (OR/AS) -- MB-CA7EF9C6AF400EB5 - Taken by PreyingShark. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Shiny Diancie (X/Y only) -- MB-06FEDD4F80767751 - Taken by Zing. 1 entrants total.

t1435534984z1.png

Muku

You can still claim the Diancie with a code from last year? I imagined that the date on that would have passed by now.

lupinko

If anybody would know it be you guys. lol

Maybe a silly question but the USA Gamestop Dragonite code... Will that work even though I'm in Canada?

It'll work fine, the consoles, games and servers are identical. My NA 3DS is Canadian.

Got a Dragonite code from a friend so I'm happy.

I already have a backlog, but would you be interested in an awesome jolly blue with fake out potentially?

Ahnez

You can still claim the Diancie with a code from last year? I imagined that the date on that would have passed by now.

The problem is that they never say when the code expires.

But I've already seen some codes still being redeemable months after the end of the event, so who knows :p

Muku

The problem is that they never say when the code expires.

But I've already seen some codes still being redeemable months after the end of the event, so who knows :p

Pretty sure friend I got code from stated there was a date on it, but since I wasn't in the States at the time to get it myself, can't say for sure.

Though from reading some stuff, it indeed doesn't sound like expiration date but rather event end date. But on reddit I did find this little nugget, so I'm curious if anyone can counter it:

Thanks to our own /u/MegaEevee and their correspondence with the Nintendo of America, we have confirmed information about when NA Diancie expires.
The redemption period ends February 28, 2015.

Reddit page quote is take from here.

Ahnez

Pretty sure friend I got code from stated there was a date on it, but since I wasn't in the States at the time to get it myself, can't say for sure.

Though from reading some stuff, it indeed doesn't sound like expiration date but rather event end date. But on reddit I did find this little nugget, so I'm curious if anyone can counter it:

Reddit page quote is take from here.

Well, it looks like that date is correct.

The other codes from around that time apparently also expired around Feb/March so its probably right

c-murph

It'll work fine, the consoles, games and servers are identical. My NA 3DS is Canadian.

I already have a backlog, but would you be interested in an awesome jolly blue with fake out potentially?

Wonderful. Just bought a code off ebay for $2 USD which is like $12.89 CDN. lol

Muku

One day, Latias will see the light. And then we can be friends forever. But until then, she needs to put away her ugly troll face...

Am curious, how many folks here are trying to shiny RNG all of the possible legendary beasts in ORAS? I know it's only going to get more soul crushing as time goes on. As if Latias wasn't enough of a dream eater as it is.

Ahnez

One day, Latias will see the light. And then we can be friends forever. But until then, she needs to put away her ugly troll face...

Am curious, how many folks here are trying to shiny RNG all of the possible legendary beasts in ORAS? I know it's only going to get more soul crushing as time goes on. As if Latias wasn't enough of a dream eater as it is.

I am.. planning..

Some legendaries are average at best, so there's no reason to try get them with good IVs at all.. I was thinking about trying to get them shiny instead

I'm not sure if I really will, though :p

Muku

I am.. planning..

Some legendaries are average at best, so there's no reason to try get them with good IVs at all.. I was thinking about trying to get them shiny instead

I'm not sure if I really will, though :p

Well naw, by now I'd probably have had a darn near perfect Latias I bet if I was paying attention to her stats. I'm only going for shiny. Shiny + good IVs? Would be like winning the lottery. And even then I'd hope it's on the one you want both haha. I'm doing nature fishing, but even then, if it doesn't turn out nature I'm looking for, as long as it's shiny, I'm game. Not going to push my luck.

I hope you weren't thinking I was crazy enough to go for good IVs + Shiny, haha. I might be crazy, but not that crazy.
I'd go insane before that happened anyway.

Edit: When do you plan to start and which are you hitting up? You going to restart your game or a fresh run. Just curious about how others are going about it.

Ahnez

Well naw, by now I'd probably have had a darn near perfect Latias I bet if I was paying attention to her stats. I'm only going for shiny. Shiny + good IVs? Would be like winning the lottery. And even then I'd hope it's on the one you want both haha. I'm doing nature fishing, but even then, if it doesn't turn out nature I'm looking for, as long as it's shiny, I'm game. Not going to push my luck.

I hope you weren't thinking I was crazy enough to go for good IVs + Shiny, haha. I might be crazy, but not that crazy.
I'd go insane before that happened anyway.

Edit: When do you plan to start and which are you hitting up? You going to restart your game or a fresh run. Just curious about how others are going about it.

No, I.. wasn't.. lol

But I remember there was someone here trying to get a perfect shiny Latis :p

It will still take a while.. First I will try to get the ones I want with good IVs, and then I will still have to complete my national dex..

I will just try to get then in my aS file, as I still haven't captured any mirage spot legendary :p And since I cannot get a bank, and I don't have another game to store everything, there's not much of a choice

For now, I've only decided to get the three golems shiny. I'm deciding in a case by case basis :p

Muku

No, I.. wasn't.. lol

But I remember there was someone here trying to get a perfect shiny Latis :p

It will still take a while.. First I will try to get the ones I want with good IVs, and then I will still have to complete my national dex..

I will just try to get then in my aS file, as I still haven't captured any mirage spot legendary :p And since I cannot get a bank, and I don't have another game to store everything, there's not much of a choice

For now, I've only decided to get the three golems shiny. I'm deciding in a case by case basis :p

Ahh. Yeah, planning to get as many as I can in my AS file. I think OR is required for a couple, but could be wrong. You know, if you need help storing anything, I would gladly help you store them for whatever amount of time you need. Or help you swap them games or whatever you might need. :) I cannot live without bank.

Azuran

Banned
While I couldn't play today at all because I went out all day, I finished the IC with a 18-2 record and I think a 1700+ rating. Here's the team I used:

hR33SQw.png

I wasn't expecting my team to do some well but I found out a lot of people didn't have answers for both Rotom and Zapdos especially when they're on the field at the same time. However, looking back at it, safety googles would have been a lot more useful than leftovers on Zapdos.

Anyways, that's it with battling for me for the rest of this season. I'll just focus on finishing my dex for the rest of the year.

Carl7

I would like a modest or bold zapdos with pentagon and decent ivs. I have a perfect one from Soul Silver that i RNGed but i can't use it.

Muku

I would like a modest or bold zapdos with pentagon and decent ivs. I have a perfect one from Soul Silver that i RNGed but i can't use it.

I'll check one I have on X/Y. I think I have one from this generation, not sure on IVs. Will check after dinner for ya. Not even sure of nature it has, but will update when I find out.

entremet

For Gen VI captured Legends you're guaranteed at least 3 Perfect IVs. Makes SR a bit more tolerable.

Carl7

I'll check one I have on X/Y. I think I have one from this generation, not sure on IVs. Will check after dinner for ya. Not even sure of nature it has, but will update when I find out.

Ok, thank you.

For Gen VI captured Legends you're guaranteed at least 3 Perfect IVs. Makes SR a bit more tolerable.

Yes, I've SRed great legends so far but Zapdos, as i said, would require starting Pokemon Y again. Those who picked the water starter were so lucky, i doubt anyone knew about that. I ended up with the useless Articuno.

I have a clone army if you're alright with, well... A clone.

As long as I can use them on the battle spot I'm Ok with it. Do you have any modest,bold or even timid?

Ahnez

Ahh. Yeah, planning to get as many as I can in my AS file. I think OR is required for a couple, but could be wrong. You know, if you need help storing anything, I would gladly help you store them for whatever amount of time you need. Or help you swap them games or whatever you might need. :) I cannot live without bank.

Yes, Reshiram, Palkia and Tornadus are oR only

And since you need Reshiram and Zekrom to get Kyurem, Palkia and Dialga to get Giratina, Tornadus and Thundurus to get Landorus, those three are also not captureable in my file :p

I believe Oh-Ho is also oR only

But its okay, it will still take a while to SR for them all anyway

I might just need to borrow those three to get inside the Mirage Spots.. But like I said, it might still take a while :p

lupinko

And since you need Reshiram and Zekrom to get Kyurem, Palkia and Dialga to get Giratina, Tornadus and Thundurus to get Landorus, those three are also not captureable in my file :p

I might just need to borrow those three to get inside the Mirage Spots.. But like I said, it might still take a while :p

You don't need Gen 6 legendaries to get the Oras alternate legendary, you can use the older games Mons fine.

Muku

Okay, glad you found someone with one. One I have with pentagon is Impish. :(

That's what I thought. Just couldn't remember what ones are on opposite. So means my play through OR won't be quick, fun, and easy. LOL. ;_;

If you need any of the ones to get the other legendaries, let me know. I have extras. I traded in beginning of X/Y Monsoon/Sandstorm Scatters for like 1 to 2 extras of legendaries. I try to keep a set around for GAF folks who might need it. You're welcome to them. (Nothing required.)

Edit: First time on GTS in a while on X.... am I going crazy? There's a blue pentagon to note whether Pokemon is caught this gen or not? I don't recall seeing this on results before. >_>

Ahnez

You don't need Gen 6 legendaries to get the Oras alternate legendary, you can use the older games Mons fine.

Thats good to know.
But since the last pokemon I played before gen VI was Diamond, around 8 years ago, it wont help me much lol

Okay, glad you found someone with one. One I have with pentagon is Impish. :(

That's what I thought. Just couldn't remember what ones are on opposite. So means my play through OR won't be quick, fun, and easy. LOL. ;_;

If you need any of the ones to get the other legendaries, let me know. I have extras. I traded in beginning of X/Y Monsoon/Sandstorm Scatters for like 1 to 2 extras of legendaries. I try to keep a set around for GAF folks who might need it. You're welcome to them. (Nothing required.)

Edit: First time on GTS in a while on X.... am I going crazy? There's a blue pentagon to note whether Pokemon is caught this gen or not? I don't recall seeing this on results before. >_>

Well, I'm still struggling to fill my pokedex :p Thats why I think it might take kinda long

Also.. I think the pentagon in the GTS was there since the beginning :p

Muku

Thats good to know.
But since the last pokemon I played before gen VI was Diamond, around 8 years ago, it wont help me much lol

Well, I'm still struggling to fill my pokedex :p Thats why I think it might take kinda long

Also.. I think the pentagon in the GTS was there since the beginning :p

What do you need to fill your dex? I'm sure some of us here could help you out. I was glad I played all along the way. Just took a while to drag all my stuff up but was worth it.

It probably was. Just hadn't noticed it. x_x

Top Bottom