• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Went today and hit both Gamestops within close proximity of each other. (Long way to walk, but once down that way worth hitting both.) So glad I didn't have to work today. Had my husband in tow to get extra cards too. Got four total. One for myself and two already spoken for. Extra is going to Hegarol, so I hope you folks still looking for one can find someone with extras. :)

What's funny is the one in the mall, I asked the dude for it and he was like "What?" I repeated and he goes "Oh yeah, I guess that did come out today." Had to go in back and drag out the box with them in it. Was almost worried they didn't have them in yet.

Edit: Had a facepalm moment. Get on Alpha Sapphire to claim my Dragonite. Get to PC and get told "Here is your Amaura!" What the hell? That Amaura I thought a while back I magically lost? Apparently I never even collected it. Just put in the code and figured I'd get it one day after farming Latias. (Which I'm still not done with, but figured I'd pick up my Dragonite.) Whoops. LOL.

Muku

Wish I had more Dragonite codes now haha. :( Didn't realize so many folks would be seeking them out. I might have tried to sneak out a couple more from the GameStop guys.

I think I just got one of the worst Dragonites known to man. Not going for anything crazy, but Hasty seemed interesting. Checked its' IVs and ended up with:

2 - 3 / 3 - 4 / 16 / 8 - 9 / 4 - 5 / 0 - 1

The hell is that abomination of IVs. I'm not usually a stickler on IVs on things like this, but that is just god awful. Time to restart because that above is just.... no.

By the way, is this Dragonite only female or can it be male or female? (I realize it's probably tied to the WC, just wondering if male is possible or if it's locked to female only.)

Edit: Nevermind. Guess it can be either one depending what it attaches to your WC. Claiming a Dragonite for a GAFer now and it's coming up as male.

Okay, back on.

I found some shiny with shit IVs (only 3 max ones) stuffed in the corner of a box that I don't care about so you can have that one.

EDIT: "The server is currently undergoing maintenance"

Tako

Okay, back on.

I found some shiny with shit IVs (only 3 max ones) stuffed in the corner of a box that I don't care about so you can have that one.

EDIT: "The server is currently undergoing maintenance"

Yeah i just noticed, um i guess we'll have to do this some other time. I'll give you my twitter or something so we can trade again

Muku

I have plenty. I'm also on right now, breeding Foonguss and trying not to scream. STOP TROLLING ME YOU FUCKS.

Yes!! What is it with that. Get online to trade someone while you're breeding and all the trolls come and start requesting a trade. Had that happen other day breeding Swirlix. I couldn't wait to get offline, because it was ridiculous.

Fudge. Just realized yall were talking about maint. Uggggggggghhhhh.

Yes!! What is it with that. Get online to trade someone while you're breeding and all the trolls come and start requesting a trade. Had that happen other day breeding Swirlix. I couldn't wait to get offline, because it was ridiculous.

Fudge. Just realized yall were talking about maint. Uggggggggghhhhh.
lol

I meant that the Foonguss themselves were trolling me. Been stuck with a 3IV forever; whenever I get a 4 IV or better it has motherfucking Effect Spore. Stupid fucks.

Muku

lol

I meant that the Foonguss themselves were trolling me. Been stuck with a 3IV forever; whenever I get a 4 IV or better it has motherfucking Effect Spore. Stupid fucks.

Ahhh, LOL. Well I feel like folks online troll me these days. Requests up the arse. I tend not to be online anymore. Random trades and stuff. Not even sure why, I don't say in my note I want to trade anything.

I've been putting off Foongus. Thing will probably end up trolling me harder than Ponyta did.

Ahhh, LOL. Well I feel like folks online troll me these days. Requests up the arse. I tend not to be online anymore. Random trades and stuff. Not even sure why, I don't say in my note I want to trade anything.

I've been putting off Foongus. Thing will probably end up trolling me harder than Ponyta did.
Speaking of trolling, did you ever get that shiny Latias?

Azuran

Banned
Nope. That golden jerk is still trolling me. Went for hours last night as well. Swear to god... if that thing shows up... I might just die of a heart attack.

Why do you do this to yourself Muku? Some things in life are just not meant to be.

Muku

Why do you do this to yourself Muku? Some things in life are just not meant to be.

Because I need legit* ones for my shiny dex. Since I've long completed the normal one, I need something else to do. :( At this rate though I'll never finish ORAS. Hahahaha!

* Not just legit, but would prefer my name as OT too. I'm weird. :(

Edit: Not going to lie, I can't wait until this jerk shows up Shiny so I can use the Eon Ticket for Latios. That's going to be a hell of a lot easier if I can just encounter, run, encounter, run. I don't even care about Latias nature/IVs anymore. (Though run a dead Ralts at start, so it'll show up as Timid.)

JoeM86

Two new themes

CIOm4ClWIAA9nM0.png
CIOm4DNWEAES6bU.png

Muku

That Ray/Zard one is awesome. I kind of wish I had yen on my 3DS so I could have a Charizard theme on my JPN console. :(

Muku

"Do you think this is a motherfucking game?"

OMG LOL. I refresh page as I took a bit gulp of water... x_x

And yeah, Latias knows this is some serious shit now. We stare eye to eye for hours in evening. She always gets the last laugh.

On a side note, for folks who are legendary shiny hunting what balls do yall tend to roll with ? I'll be using a Master Ball on something along the way, not sure when, but was wondering best way. I have a Masterball or two left over from some past stuff I may bring up to ORAS for this, but need a plan for others because I doubt I'll have enough. I don't want to risk losing a shiny anything at this point.

Azuran

Banned
OMG LOL. I refresh page as I took a bit gulp of water... x_x

And yeah, Latias knows this is some serious shit now. We stare eye to eye for hours in evening. She always gets the last laugh.

On a side note, for folks who are legendary shiny hunting what balls do yall tend to roll with ? I'll be using a Master Ball on something along the way, not sure when, but was wondering best way. I have a Masterball or two left over from some past stuff I may bring up to ORAS for this, but need a plan for others because I doubt I'll have enough. I don't want to risk losing a shiny anything at this point.

I think repeat balls with Capture-O power are the second best balls after master balls if you already have the data on your Pokedex (which I'm assuming you do).

Muku

I think repeat balls with Capture-O power are the second best balls after master balls if you already have the data on your Pokedex (which I'm assuming you do).

I think I've transferred my living Pokedex to AS, but I'll have to check. If not, I definately should. How do you even go about getting O-powers in ORAS? I've not even bothered to look. I just like how in XY they were easy and I ended up getting them before knowing how useful they were in beginning.

Good to know on Repeat Balls with Capture-O though, so thank you. To be honest I usually stock up on Pokeballs and run through whole game with them. (Sometimes a small pile of Great Balls in case, with even fewer Ultra Balls in tow.) I'm a simple kinda person I guess. Haha.

lupinko

Not that it matters much but based on what I've researched in the old games, Mew cannot get two XD exclusive moves. I bring it up due to QR threads on reddit and etc...

But again it doesn't matter much.

Ahnez

I think I've transferred my living Pokedex to AS, but I'll have to check. If not, I definately should. How do you even go about getting O-powers in ORAS? I've not even bothered to look. I just like how in XY they were easy and I ended up getting them before knowing how useful they were in beginning.

Good to know on Repeat Balls with Capture-O though, so thank you. To be honest I usually stock up on Pokeballs and run through whole game with them. (Sometimes a small pile of Great Balls in case, with even fewer Ultra Balls in tow.) I'm a simple kinda person I guess. Haha.

IIRC, you don't need to get the Capture Power, its avaliable from the beginning

In ORAS it's easier than in XY because you just go to the Mauville Pokecenter and talk to a dude. When the dude leaves you exit, reenter, and talk to the new dude there. Once you go through all the dudes you go to Mauville Hills and talk to the dudes again, then the guy with low self-esteem across the hall, and then back to the dudes, and then there's a cutscene and then you get the Hatching Power.

Whereas in XY you had to go to all the places and then you had to fucking grind up style points or whatever in Lumiose, which was fucking hell if you didn't know you could just buy balls one at a time and instead did it the "normal" way.

KdylanR92

Wow I didn't know O-powers worked like that, mainly because I never used them.

I should use this later today when going after the regi's in ORAS.

Wow I didn't know O-powers worked like that, mainly because I never used them.

I should use this later today when going after the regi's in ORAS.
You'll need to level it up to Lv. 3 first for maximum effect. Just go online every half an hour or so and use the power on random strangers to level up as quickly as possible.

Muku

In ORAS it's easier than in XY because you just go to the Mauville Pokecenter and talk to a dude. When the dude leaves you exit, reenter, and talk to the new dude there. Once you go through all the dudes you go to Mauville Hills and talk to the dudes again, then the guy with low self-esteem across the hall, and then back to the dudes, and then there's a cutscene and then you get the Hatching Power.

Whereas in XY you had to go to all the places and then you had to fucking grind up style points or whatever in Lumiose, which was fucking hell if you didn't know you could just buy balls one at a time and instead did it the "normal" way.

Cool, thank you. Didn't realize it was situated in that one area.

I didn't mind XY honestly. Because I never really used any O-Powers until I beat the game. And even then only one I really worked on at all was Hatching. Though think I got EXP up online just by tossing it to passerbys for giggles. Of course by then I hadn't gotten style points in Lumiose, but was already up there a bit with working in hotel I guess. The Pokeball thing I'd read about... after I bought several hundred en masse. Ugh.

Zing

Banned
Maybe it depends on how fast you are rushing through the game, or your style of play. I am just playing Y normally and have enough style without trying.

When playing through Y I went ahead and maxed out my style points before getting to the 2nd gym. Why?

Because I could.

EDIT: What I did was buy a ton of balls individually.

On my X I did everything you could in Lumiose and that still wasn't enough to max out my style.

JoeM86

We have a new Battle Competition!

Circle of Legend
CIU0d1xWcAA9WQv.png

Region: International
Registration Period: July 16th 2015 - July 23rd 2015
Battle Period: July 24th 2015 - July 26th 2015
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Legendary Pokémon Only.
Useable Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice,Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde or Diancie
Entry Gift: 1000 PokéMiles

From the rules:

※3DSダウンロードソフト『ポケムーバー』を使って、DSソフト『ポケットモンスターブラック・ホワイト・ブラック2・ホワイト2』から連れてきたポケモンを、そのまま使用することができます。
If I translated this right: "Pokemon that were brought over from the DS software 'Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2' using PokeTransporter can be used."

We have a new Battle Competition!

Circle of Legend
CIU0d1xWcAA9WQv.png

Region: International
Registration Period: July 16th 2015 - July 23rd 2015
Battle Period: July 24th 2015 - July 26th 2015
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Legendary Pokémon Only.
Useable Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice,Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde or Diancie
Entry Gift: 1000 PokéMiles
Whoa, I swear I was just thinking about a new competition based on the new movie as I was scrolling the page down

This is good motivation to get back to legend hunting, haven't played in a while

Firestorm

Those times are Eastern.

I'm currently 10-0 in the International Challenge but don't know if I'll have time the rest of the weekend :(

Totally did not deserve my last win. I timed out while thinking but then got bailed out by a WoW miss and double Protect which allowed me to get a win condition on timer.

Azuran

Banned
4-1 right now on the challenge but I seriously need a break after that last match I just had. Having my Kangaskhan survive with 2HP after getting hit by a Dragon Claw, Rough Skin, and recoil was amazing as hell. I want to enjoy that high for a bit.

Also, I hate Amoonguss. That annoying shroom is everywhere this time.

Top Bottom