• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

So this Diancie deal... guess it means two more free Diancie. Was hyped earlier reading Serebii about an event. Then a bit let down seeing it be Diancie. ;_; Ah well, they'll go to my trade bait box.

Edit: Will say I'm glad it's via internet.

MicH

So for those of us who already have Diancie and it's Megastone... Can we finally SR for a good Diancie without enduring that abhorrent cutscene every SR!? :D

Hegarol

So for those of us who already have Diancie and it's Megastone... Can we finally SR for a good Diancie without enduring that abhorrent cutscene every SR!? :D
I assume you can, since it should be distributed the same as other events with no special delivery message.

I believe so.

Korea got a ORAS Diancie event a while back and there's no cutscene programmed in. Only the one where you try to leave the Pokemon Centre and you're given the Diancite.

Muku

I believe so.

Korea got a ORAS Diancie event a while back and there's no cutscene programmed in. Only the one where you try to leave the Pokemon Centre and you're given the Diancite.

Sweet baby Arceus that would be a damn blessing. I SR'd my ones last year event at movie, but dear god. Maybe I can try for nature and IVs this time.

What nature and IVs are recommended?

Kinda tricky since it's a Megastoner.

"Easiest" is probably Timid 5 IV -Attack. Or if you're going for broke, ~6 IV Hasty or Naive.

For non Mega Diancie (I always use Mega), the -Speed natures (Sassy, Quiet) are apparently good.

Or if you're running Rock Polish, you can use other non +Speed mixed natures (eg. Rash, Lonely).

Muku

LOL. Looking up Sharpedo on GTS tonight to snag one for my OR because it's rare to fish up (and my luck is crap) but I don't want to raise it's previous form. Bunch of these I can get.... for a Hoopa. I don't care JoeBlow2874 on here that you've attached a note saying you've never seen a Hoopa. Your Sharpedo is not worth a Hoopa.

Edit: Seriously? Pokebank maint? Uggggh. I wanted to do a playthrough on OR with the other ORAS starters I have in there. Any idea when that'll be done? :( Not going to play through until I can nab them out.

Found this. Guess I was lucky to get on to GTS on X after some time. Fudge, nevermind. Sounds like it can be down until midnight or so? Don't use Bank often but this pisses me off. Guess I'm skipping Pokemon tonight.

So I finally got my second Maison trophy from Super Doubles, I got my first one from Super Triples back in May. Dunno if I want to go for the rest, Super Singles always messes me up. I haven't even unlocked Super Rotations and Steven always messes up for me in Super Multi.

Azuran

Banned
So I finally got my second Maison trophy from Super Doubles, I got my first one from Super Triples back in May. Dunno if I want to go for the rest, Super Singles always messes me up. I haven't even unlocked Super Rotations and Steven always messes up for me in Super Multi.

Not worth it. Singles is just complete bullshit especially on the later rounds. At least Doubles and Triples hides the AI cheating a bit.

backlot

I don't know how anyone can say Maison cheats when you can use Mega Kangaskhan and they can't.

Kang, Gliscor and Sylveon were what I used in singles. Worked pretty well.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Hi, I'm thinking of buying this game but just have a couple questions.

1. how does this compare to Pokemon X? It looks the same but how is the story/gameplay. I only played a little of Sapphire on the GBA when it came out so not sure what to expect.

2. Raichu is my favourite Pokemon. I understand you can catch a Pikachu in the Safari Zone. At what stage in the game do you reach the Safari Zone and how does your Pokemon levels compare with the ones inside the Safari Zone? If I catch a Pikachu should I expect to train him a lot before he comes as powerful as my other Pokemon.

Also, is the Thunderstone obtainable in the game (Alpha Sapphire to be exact) so that I can evolve my Pikachu to a Raichu?

Thanks.

Robin64

Got Alpha Sapphire turning up tomorrow. I know I can get Diancie at the weekend, but what other event Pokémon can I grab right now, if any?

Got Alpha Sapphire turning up tomorrow. I know I can get Diancie at the weekend, but what other event Pokémon can I grab right now, if any?

You can grab Hidden Ability Serperior, Emboar and Samurott via (shared) serial code. Serial code is just POKEMON### where ### is the national dex. number.

JoeM86

Do they sell Ability Capsules there?

Just for the duration of the sale. 5000 PokéMiles a piece.

Hi, I'm thinking of buying this game but just have a couple questions.

1. how does this compare to Pokemon X? It looks the same but how is the story/gameplay. I only played a little of Sapphire on the GBA when it came out so not sure what to expect.

2. Raichu is my favourite Pokemon. I understand you can catch a Pikachu in the Safari Zone. At what stage in the game do you reach the Safari Zone and how does your Pokemon levels compare with the ones inside the Safari Zone? If I catch a Pikachu should I expect to train him a lot before he comes as powerful as my other Pokemon.

Also, is the Thunderstone obtainable in the game (Alpha Sapphire to be exact) so that I can evolve my Pikachu to a Raichu?

Thanks.

1. It's a bit more antiquated in design decisions. There's less variety of Pokémon in the areas, but the story is a bit more full on

2. After the 6th gym and they're about 10 levels lower than you'll likely be. Thunder Stone is available :)

Robin64

You can grab Hidden Ability Serperior, Emboar and Samurott via (shared) serial code. Serial code is just POKEMON### where ### is the national dex. number.

Awesome, thanks.

So I've just been through the demo four times now, and apparently I get to take a Mega Glalie and some Pokéballs over to the retail game. Is it worth playing through more, will I get some nice stuff?

JoeM86

Awesome, thanks.

So I've just been through the demo four times now, and apparently I get to take a Mega Glalie and some Pokéballs over to the retail game. Is it worth playing through more, will I get some nice stuff?

Na, just Heart Scales etc. Got a list on my site if you need it.

Ahnez

Awesome, thanks.

Just Heart Scales and Pokeballs / Healballs

Got it:

Politoed
Tornadus-T
Landorus-T
Aegislash
Sylveon
Conkeldurr

...Except now I have no mega shit. So instead I think:

Politoed
Tornadus-T
Landorus-T
Aegislash
M-Gardevoir
Conkeldurr

But that leaves me with an unsatisfying Aegislash match-up. A very recent Nugget Bridge thread reminded me of just how fucking annoying that thing is. So now I'm thinking:

Politoed
Tornadus-T
Hydreigon
Aegislash
M-Gardevoir
Conkeldurr

But this is troublesome because now I'm so special-heavy. So I'm thinking instead:

Politoed
Tornadus-T
Hydreigon
Ferrothorn
M-Gardevoir
Conkeldurr

But Hydreigon's ugly so instead I want to go with:

Politoed
Tornadus-T
Gastrodon
Ferrothorn
M-Gardevoir
Conkeldurr

There, that's worth trying out I think! Thanks for the help guys. :)

Pokemon X is way too hard. Just lost to the first gym leader. My first loss ever. :(

I'm rushing through to the Pokemon Center on an alt file for a friend. I kind of forgot Surskit could own my Fennekin pretty hard...
Why Gastrodon?
Wanted something with Earth Power and that's the first that popped into my head.

lupinko

Gaf vote on the Hoopa nature I'll have up for a Gaf tourney.

I'm not holding it tho, will only offer prizes.

Also English or Japanese?

Robin64

Just started this.

Lack of customisation for the character is a bit of a shame after X/Y.

Twilight periods are gorgeous.

The dex thing showing if I have all the Pokemon on the route is genius, but the Pokemon popping up with moves they don't normally have? Now that's beautiful. Caught a Poochyena with Ice Fang and a Zigzagoon with Charm so far.

Something struck me, though, and it hadn't with past games. During the intro move, you see Machokes helping move your furniture in. And because of the graphics and the animation, for the first time I thought to myself "Woah, they're just people. Pokemon really are our slaves, aren't they?" I guess the sprite nature of it before never really had that impact on me, but to see them walking out the house like large people was weird.

The dex thing showing if I have all the Pokemon on the route is genius, but the Pokemon popping up with moves they don't normally have? Now that's beautiful. Caught a Poochyena with Ice Fang and a Zigzagoon with Charm so far.

Yeah, something like this should be in future games too.

Top Bottom