• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

CassSept

It's not really crucial, but it's still a great tool. I caught Poochyena with Thunder Fang at the beginning of the game and it was great for additional coverage, as far as sp campaign goes.

JoeM86

CKmrTU9WoAAJiX5.png

Live! (for Europe)

Highwind

Game Freak is truly the master of removing features for no reason.

I wish the trainer customisation and Pokeathlon from HGSS returns in some form for future games. I prefer them to contests.

Battle Frontier would also be nice.

Robin64

Gah, not cool. Sneaking up on a Pokemon when "An error has occured. Blah blah blah". Can't remember when I last saved, either.

Game Freak is truly the master of removing features for no reason.

I wish the trainer customisation and Pokeathlon from HGSS returns in some form for future games. I prefer them to contests.

Battle Frontier would also be nice.

I just want to dress up my character. Finally got it in X and Y only to see it taken away in OR/AS.

I understand fashion is a Kalos specific thing

Robin64

Dude, what is wrong with your 3DS?? Did you download the game? Could be your SD card.

Dunno man. It's a cart, and a nice new New 3DS XL. Doesn't do it with other games. Seems to be if I've had the game on sleep for a while, I get a few minutes of play after waking up then boom.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
After the dud that was my previous Diancie (only 1 perfect IV), I'm pretty happy with this one: naive with 3 perfect IVs in Sp. A, Speed, and HP. Only superior potential overall but I don't feel like SRing anymore.

OR/AS only, right? I suppose I should finally pick up an NA copy of it this weekend.

Yup. If only it was for X/Y
so I could grab 4 per run... oh wait, that's not physically possible

Interesting to see Gamescon bringing back the Pokemon distributions...

For those of you who are attending Gamescom in Germany from August 5th to August 9th, several new Serial Code events have been announced. At Gamescom, you will receive a code card that gives you access to 2 Pokémon for your Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. These Pokémon are selected by Game Freak Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto, competitive ready and are the following
Aromatisse
Malamar
Sableye
Bouffalant
(Move/ability/item details on Serebii to save space.)

Speaking of distributions, a Hong Kong restaurant is giving away a special Pikachu next month. Cue Hong Kong people complaining that it's just a regular Pikachu
(As Joe said, this is why we can't have nice things)
XD

Muku

Heard about the Gamescon stuff earlier, but not the special HK Pikachu. I think their problem is they tend to reuse a few Pokemon for 'events'. Or at least it sure feels like it. I wouldn't turn down an event (like I loved Dragonite, even though I had HA/Extreme Speed one already), but at same time there are some Pokemon they like to use a lot. I think bonus on Dragonite was they haven't over done it like Pikachu.

Though with Outbreakchu, I think it's pretty cool. Especially since this year at it they'll be having a Shiny Pikachu. Which reminds me, is it going to be same Pikachu this year? The same base 5? Will Shiny Pikachu replace the female one or will it be an additional one to them all? Haven't really seen much about this years Outbreakchu.

Heard about the Gamescon stuff earlier, but not the special HK Pikachu. I think their problem is they tend to reuse a few Pokemon for 'events'. Or at least it sure feels like it. I wouldn't turn down an event (like I loved Dragonite, even though I had HA/Extreme Speed one already), but at same time there are some Pokemon they like to use a lot. I think bonus on Dragonite was they haven't over done it like Pikachu.

Though with Outbreakchu, I think it's pretty cool. Especially since this year at it they'll be having a Shiny Pikachu. Which reminds me, is it going to be same Pikachu this year? The same base 5? Will Shiny Pikachu replace the female one or will it be an additional one to them all? Haven't really seen much about this years Outbreakchu.

If I hear another Charizard event, I'm just gonna...

Oh, today, Nintendo of Korea announced another Shiny Charizard event. So they had 3 Charizards last year and at least two shiny ones this year?

Yeah... Pikachu ain't so bad in comparison. Here are the details (basically a reskin of Cafe Pikachu).

If fortune smiles, I'll hopefully pick up a few, since I'm going on holiday around those months.

Hmm, I haven't looked too much into the Outbreakchus, but I was under the impression it was just one this year. Maybe they thought last year was too complicated? XD

At the least, it's shiny, so more casual folk will be interested.

Ahnez

I was thinking..

"I'm not losing a month SRing Diancie like it happened with Rayquaza, I will just keep the first non-terrible, +SP.A or +Speed"

6th SR:

31/22-23/31/31/31/31 +SP.A -DEF

Ok lol

Qurupeke

I already have a Naive HP/Atk/Sp.Def, I wonder if I manage better this time. So far, after around 40, only one of them was Naive...

Speaking of Diancies, remind me to shut up next time.

So I asked somebody to grab a few +Speed Diancies for me and they asked if I wanted a Quiet Diancie with decent stats.

Me: "Nah, I've SR'd so many Diancies, you'll be lucky to get a better one than mine. That said, I am missing a 5 IV Timid Diancie."

Moments later, they get a ~5 IV Timid Diancie for themselves.

Azuran

Banned
I was SRing my Diance when I realized something important... I'm never going to use it for battles.

Ended up with a sexy Adamant after that.

JoeM86

Going to build a vgc team built around Hawlucha. Pray for me.

Na man, Hawlucha is a fantastic Pokémon. I went like 17/9 in the Enter The Dragon-type Competition (didn't do all my battles) and Hawlucha was my MVP. It one shotted Mega Mewtwo X, Primal Kyogre, 2HKO'd a Xerneas. It's ridiculously badass.

entremet

Na man, Hawlucha is a fantastic Pokémon. I went like 17/9 in the Enter The Dragon-type Competition (didn't do all my battles) and Hawlucha was my MVP. It one shotted Mega Mewtwo X, Primal Kyogre, 2HKO'd a Xerneas. It's ridiculously badass.

What was your move set?

JoeM86

What was your move set?

Didn't even have HJK.

I went with Sky Attack, Acrobatics, Flying Press and Roost with the Power Herb for the Sky Attack and Acrobatics boost, and the ability of Unburden which also activated due to the Power Herb. It was fast and it was powerful. Granted, a couple of the one shots it did were thanks to critical hits, but they count :p

I even too this Hawlucha to Nationals, but it didn't really fit in with the gimmick I was using so wasn't used outside of random side battles I had

Yea the idea I have right now is for it to hold like a persim berry or lum and swagger it so I can open up a move slot instead of using swords dance. There's also meowstic with safeguard and swagger shenanigans. Theorymon has me all excited.

JoeM86

Yea the idea I have right now is for it to hold like a persim berry or lum and swagger it so I can open up a move slot instead of using swords dance. There's also meowstic with safeguard and swagger shenanigans. Theorymon has me all excited.

For a while, I was running a Grumpig/Slaking combo. Grumpig used Skill Swap to take Truant off of Slaking, and then Swaggered it. It had Own Tempo now so job done.

Mega Slowbro works well with that in a Trick Room too since you can do that and then Mega Evolve to remove the obtained Truant but Slaking is a bit too fast to work well in a Trick Room.

Muku

If I hear another Charizard event, I'm just gonna...

Oh, today, Nintendo of Korea announced another Shiny Charizard event. So they had 3 Charizards last year and at least two shiny ones this year?

Yeah... Pikachu ain't so bad in comparison. Here are the details (basically a reskin of Cafe Pikachu).

If fortune smiles, I'll hopefully pick up a few, since I'm going on holiday around those months.

Hmm, I haven't looked too much into the Outbreakchus, but I was under the impression it was just one this year. Maybe they thought last year was too complicated? XD

At the least, it's shiny, so more casual folk will be interested.

Holy mother of Arceus, ANOTHER Charizard event? How many shiny 'zards do we need? Guess everyones going to be toting shiny 'zards this gen.

Pikachu felt like a lot last year, but that's because I had the Outbreakchu's, Cafe 'chu, and feel like I'm missing a 'chu... I know it's kind of the face for Pokemon, but wow. Reskin of Cafe Pika is disappointing, but you know that collector side..

Is there only the one 'chu this year at Outbreakchu event? That's kind of lackluster. Not really an event but something else. After you have like 5 or 6 last year.... it's not an event but a blip on the map, LOL. Shiny is cool, but would be nicer if they replaced like the female one or something.

JoeM86

Holy mother of Arceus, ANOTHER Charizard event? How many shiny 'zards do we need? Guess everyones going to be toting shiny 'zards this gen.

Pikachu felt like a lot last year, but that's because I had the Outbreakchu's, Cafe 'chu, and feel like I'm missing a 'chu... I know it's kind of the face for Pokemon, but wow. Reskin of Cafe Pika is disappointing, but you know that collector side..

Is there only the one 'chu this year at Outbreakchu event? That's kind of lackluster. Not really an event but something else. After you have like 5 or 6 last year.... it's not an event but a blip on the map, LOL. Shiny is cool, but would be nicer if they replaced like the female one or something.

Only one so far, but who knows, maybe they'll have another hidden unannounced female Pikachu

Muku

Only one so far, but who knows, maybe they'll have another hidden unannounced female Pikachu

Ah crazy. Hope they have more for folks. Last years Outbreakchu, while freaking scorching was amazing. I joked to my husband while we were running around Yokohama for them that I was like a real life trainer catching my Pikachu, haha. It was a fun experience. By time I went, near end, all locations had been noted on the internet. Which was a godsend, because it was too freaking hot to go wandering aimlessly for them. Some of them were outside.

I'm doing pretty damn good in the CoL competition so far. 8-2 currently, but it would have been 10-0 if my connection hadn't crapped out at the last minute. Twice :/

Muku

I noticed the OT for this Diancie is Hope. Is that someone from anime or something? Darn my obsessive collectiveness. Now I see it's a different OT, this one has to go in my collection. Guess it still leaves me one extra to trade. But yeah, OT caught me by surprise.

JoeM86

I noticed the OT for this Diancie is Hope. Is that someone from anime or something? Darn my obsessive collectiveness. Now I see it's a different OT, this one has to go in my collection. Guess it still leaves me one extra to trade. But yeah, OT caught me by surprise.

General consensus is that it's a reference to the Hope Diamond

I know, right? I was joking that TPC is gonna have Charizard as the the Worlds event to troll us. But I'm starting to get scared that I'll jinx it...

Hehe, Cafe Pika is still cute though; I love its fancy ribbon. The fun thing about this new one is its OT: Satay King (the name of the restaurant). I need it just for the ridiculous OT XD

Ah crazy. Hope they have more for folks. Last years Outbreakchu, while freaking scorching was amazing. I joked to my husband while we were running around Yokohama for them that I was like a real life trainer catching my Pikachu, haha. It was a fun experience. By time I went, near end, all locations had been noted on the internet. Which was a godsend, because it was too freaking hot to go wandering aimlessly for them. Some of them were outside.

Ah... just reading your impressions last year was amazing. I loved the pictures too.

EDIT: I love Diancie's OT as well. As soon as I saw it on Joe's screenshot, I knew I had to grab... some.

Almost got a box full of Hope now : D

Muku

I know, right? I was joking that TPC is gonna have Charizard as the the Worlds event to troll us. But I'm starting to get scared that I'll jinx it...

Hehe, Cafe Pika is still cute though; I love its fancy ribbon. The fun thing about this new one is its OT: Satay King (the name of the restaurant). I need it just for the ridiculous OT XD

Ah... just reading your impressions last year was amazing. I loved the pictures too.

EDIT: I love Diancie's OT as well. As soon as I saw it on Joe's screenshot, I knew I had to grab... some.

Almost got a box full of Hope now : D

OMG, that is just an awesome name for a resteraunt. And it being the OT? YES PLEASE! LOL!! Now I am going to go Google that, because I'm curious as hell now...

Yeah, the Outbreakchu thing last year was amazing fun. I think that has been the event I have ever participated in that I enjoyed the most. :3 I think if I was still in Japan I'd be disappointed with just the one noted so far. :( Though you know me, I'd still have found a way to go get it, haha.

I didn't even notice the OT in Joe's post, though I have this afternoon after noticing it in game. And if the consensus that Joe is talking about is true, it's friggin' awesome. :D I hadn't even thought about it in that context.

I've already started OR the other day, so no farming Diancie for me. But it's all good. The one extra is fine. My focus these days is going to be solely on shiny legendaries, which is what I'm trying to set myself up for. Just playing catch up in OR to get to point I'm at in AS. Passed my Eon Ticket from AS to OR, but after I catch story in both (just going to go with whatever comes up at this point), going to probably wait til I get shiny Charm before going back for Eon Ticket Lati@s. Going to use those as my shiny ones since I've given up on story one. THe ridiculous time spent on the bullshit in that is just insane. I know folks say they aren't shiny locked, but it feels like that. (But I know no charm doesn't help.

Edit: See this on their page, using Google translate:

30/6/2015
Pokemon x Satay King
This one in July, Satay King will and world-renowned popular works Pokemon hold cooperation activities! There will be a special Pokemon food and drinks will also be included this time limited privilege cooperation activities. In addition, more limited product variety of activities, the exclusive worldwide shipping! Of course other exciting activities. Please continue to keep updating this special page! (Satay King Cuisine usual supply)

So, sounds like they will be getting into the spirit of things!

Also, when are they going to allow trading of Singapore Rayquaza? Seriously. This seems ridiculous. :( I want this poor guy to go to his home, but I can't seem to find anything on maybe even when/if it will be tradable.

Is anyone around to do me a trade evolution for my haunter and kingdra and rhydon? Also still looking for (just data trades) for

Shiftry
Gallade
Bellossom
Lunatone
Starmie
Dusknoir
Froslass
Huntail
Gorebyss
Kyogre
Jirachi

Muku

Is anyone around to do me a trade evolution for my haunter and kingdra and rhydon? Also still looking for (just data trades) for

Shiftry
Gallade
Bellossom
Lunatone
Starmie
Dusknoir
Froslass
Huntail
Gorebyss
Kyogre
Jirachi

If you have a few moments, I'll finish up these battles and nab these Pokemon out of Bank to help you fill up your data, plus evolve your Pokemon. Just send me your FC. (Mine is in my profile, use non JPN one.)

Edit: I've got them on X ready for ya. Have an extra Kyogre you can just keep if you want.

If you have a few moments, I'll finish up these battles and nab these Pokemon out of Bank to help you fill up your data, plus evolve your Pokemon. Just send me your FC. (Mine is in my profile, use non JPN one.)

Edit: I've got them on X ready for ya. Have an extra Kyogre you can just keep if you want.

That is very kind, thank you. My FC is 2122-8660-7912

edit - added you there. Just say when :)

Top Bottom