• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Robin64

I've still never seen a shiny in the wild in all my years of playing, hundreds of hours per game since the first one.

(Watched a friend load up Gold on an emulator recently, too, and his second damn Pidgey was a shiny. Had to console myself that he'll never be able to bring it to his real games.)

Muku

I've still never seen a shiny in the wild in all my years of playing, hundreds of hours per game since the first one.

(Watched a friend load up Gold on an emulator recently, too, and his second damn Pidgey was a shiny. Had to console myself that he'll never be able to bring it to his real games.)

Have you gotten far enough to get Shiny Charm this generation? Because until this gen, I was in same boat. Never seen or bred a shiny. Only shiny I'd ever seen was the obligatory Shiny Gyarados in SS. Then, a bit after getting the shiny Charm in X, I actually bred my first shiny ever (didn't even meet one in wild yet). Which was funny because I was trying to learn to breed for IVs since I'd never bothered. Since then I've found a handful in the wild. And I've been able to breed even more.

This generation has been amazingly fun with shiny charm in hand. Heck, got my first shiny legendary a couple nights ago.

Robin64

It's an item that makes it far more likely to see/hatch a shiny Pokémon. Introduced in Black 2 & White 2, it is the gift for completing the National Pokédex

Oh that's really slick. Once I bring everything over via Bank, I will probably be pretty close to that. Just playing AS fresh right now, nothing from past games here. And currently I'm not moving on from a route until a crown appears on my Dexnav. It's really fun doing it this way, I'm finding.

Yeah, I prefer breeding them. It's a bit exciting though can really drag on. SRing is boring, but that's why I also moved on from story ones. My problem is I want shinies that aren't cloned and I know are legit. Having my OT is also awesome. Though at current rate will still be missing things like event shiny legendaries, since they don't tend to put them out shiny, and they're shiny locked. Plus the shiny locked ones in ORAS (Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys). Fortuanately, while not my own OT, have gotten shiny Rayquaza from an event, so I can safely say it's legit and non cloned. I'm getting particularly picky about my shiny dex.

Nice, I wish I could get those shinies from events. Another plus for me is that I can play Football Manager while hatching eggs.

I don't actually want to have a full shiny dex, but a shiny competitive dex might be a goal.

Muku

Oh that's really slick. Once I bring everything over via Bank, I will probably be pretty close to that. Just playing AS fresh right now, nothing from past games here. And currently I'm not moving on from a route until a crown appears on my Dexnav. It's really fun doing it this way, I'm finding.

It's definately worth it. If you find holes missing in your living dex, let us know. I'm sure we could help you fill in slots to round it out (Only thing you don't need are event Pokemon.) We're all pretty good here trying to help folks finish theirs up.

Nice, I wish I could get those shinies from events. Another plus for me is that I can play Football Manager while hatching eggs.

I don't actually want to have a full shiny dex, but a shiny competitive dex might be a goal.

Yeah, I tend to peruse GAF and watch YouTube. Though, have to be careful while doing so and breeding for a shiny. I have to make myself look for color differences when things hatch and also double check all things that hatch each round before I PC them or release them.

Well, only shiny I got from event was Rayquaza. I missed the Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina trio event they held in States due to living in Japan at the time, which was a big bummer. Though I guess now I can get them. Though hoping next gen we can get Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon/Deoxys in-game without them being shiny locked. And some we'll just never see in States because well... we don't get that kinda love.

Shiny competitive dex would be awesome. I imagine I might end up with close to that in end if I end up breeding everything with my OT on it. (Except Shiny Gyarados, because I brought my SS one up and it rests comfortably in that with a forever spot.) Right now think only shiny I've bred that isn't really competitive is Fennekin, but since he was my first ever and while trying to learn to breed IVs, I'm not redoing him. He's got a perm spot in my collection too.

Best competitive shiny I have is my 6IV Monsoon Scatter. I was only breeding them to trade on GTS. Then he popped out. :3

CassSept

It took me few years to notice that Crawdaunt was not called Crawdanaut. I finally noticed it somewhere during early Gen IV.

I have to breed some more Pokemon to get some shinies, but my problem is I'm mostly in for the collection aspect of the games so Shiny Charm received after completing National Dex diminishes my chances :(

At least I've gotten my third shiny ever through breeding in X/Y so that's an upside. A somewhat useful one too (Swinub).

Holy shit, my mind is blown. You can fly directly to routes now??

Wait, you didn't know? One of the best new features, getting berries is easier than ever.

107137-KTLA-earthquake-Chris-Schauble-w94F.gif

Muku

Wait, you didn't know? One of the best new features, getting berries is easier than ever.

LOL hell no I didn't. I've been adhereing to old conventional flight methods. MIND BLOWN! Going around and picking up some Mega stones and all before I go further in story. Wondered why I could choose a route and when I clicked on it BAM! Flying now directly to places is like heaven. Holy crap. I think I'm in love with this new way.

LOL hell no I didn't. I've been adhereing to old conventional flight methods. MIND BLOWN! Going around and picking up some Mega stones and all before I go further in story. Wondered why I could choose a route and when I clicked on it BAM! Flying now directly to places is like heaven. Holy crap. I think I'm in love with this new way.

Yeah, I won't be sad if they remove Soar but keep this.

Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to be sad.

Yeah, I tend to peruse GAF and watch YouTube. Though, have to be careful while doing so and breeding for a shiny. I have to make myself look for color differences when things hatch and also double check all things that hatch each round before I PC them or release them.

Well, only shiny I got from event was Rayquaza. I missed the Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina trio event they held in States due to living in Japan at the time, which was a big bummer. Though I guess now I can get them. Though hoping next gen we can get Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon/Deoxys in-game without them being shiny locked. And some we'll just never see in States because well... we don't get that kinda love.

Shiny competitive dex would be awesome. I imagine I might end up with close to that in end if I end up breeding everything with my OT on it. (Except Shiny Gyarados, because I brought my SS one up and it rests comfortably in that with a forever spot.) Right now think only shiny I've bred that isn't really competitive is Fennekin, but since he was my first ever and while trying to learn to breed IVs, I'm not redoing him. He's got a perm spot in my collection too.

Best competitive shiny I have is my 6IV Monsoon Scatter. I was only breeding them to trade on GTS. Then he popped out. :3

Forgot to answer this one: I managed to get the shiny trio (Palkia, Dialga and Giratina), once for dex purposes and on another cart I'm still resetting for better IVs. I'm not that motivated to keep SRing because of the infamous pentagon, people would hardly believe they were real, even though some pentagon mons are hacked.

I also wish they didn't shiny lock Groudon/Kyogre/Ray, the primal versions are amazing.

Great to hear someone enjoying ORAS. Heard so much whining about it of late I forgot it was pretty well received.
IRL I saw both ORAS and XY get excellent receptions. Many people even actually liked the Exp. Share.

Pretty different from what I often see on the net these days.

Robin64

Heh, found Team Serebii's base. Nice little base, seems ominous with the music and lighting. Serebii himself gave me a Heavy Desk.

Muku

IRL I saw both ORAS and XY get excellent receptions. Many people even actually liked the Exp. Share.

Pretty different from what I often see on the net these days.

I love Exp. Share. I keep it on all the time. But then again I never found Pokemon to be challenging, just time consuming to get parties up. Now I can move on and enjoy parts of the game I like.

Edit: Reading something about SRing legendaries. Then I see this:

If you are adamant about saving time, you could change the Pokemon to be shiny after its caught using a Powersave/Action Replay device. Do note that this is directly cheating and generally frowned upon by the wider community (so is soft-resetting according to some purists but it's less frowned upon than Powersave).

I'd never heard that, even in all my researching. Unless somehow I'm missing a whole sub section of a Pokemon community. Though not sure why anyone would even consider SRing cheating. Unless some expect you to come across it first change or it's bust for that game. And LOL @ those odds.

Qurupeke

I'd never heard that, even in all my researching. Unless somehow I'm missing a whole sub section of a Pokemon community. Though not sure why anyone would even consider SRing cheating. Unless some expect you to come across it first change or it's bust for that game. And LOL @ those odds.

First time I'm hearing this too. SR is like one of the first methods in order to find shinies. I doubt that there are people that consider them cheating.

lupinko

I'd always kind of wondered how it worked. Whether it came up with like 50678 and if you had 78605 if it would work or not. That's a bummer. :( Guess odds might be too in favor of the player. :p Even then though it'd be a rare thing. It's good to know though, so thank you for pointing that out. Still a bummer on your # pull for day.

Edit: On try #207 came this bad boy...

Lost track of how many moves it still had left, so ended up having to toss the Master Ball (despite almost having him twice in a regular Pokeball) toward end to secure the win. Next one going to keep much closer attention to it, but it's all good. Definately easier to deal with on Eon one than the story one.

My Ralts sync failed miserably, but that's okay. Came out to be Rash with IVs of: 0 / 7 - 9 / 31 / 31 / 27 - 29 / 31

Outside of the awful HP, it's not bad. Not something I plan to use in battle though.

Have to say, Metagross (the one from event at start of ORAS) has been a blessing. Kept Hold Back on him. He helped me catch Kyogre with ease earlier today and made Latios much easier. Means I don't have to go make a False Swiper. Also, this Stantler (given to me by someone here) has been a blessing too.

Oh I missed this, but congrats, but I actually caught you a southern island shiny Latios, modest too. Well you can have two now, and this Latios has Defog.

Robin64

First I heard of the SR thing. Haha, fuck those guys. Using an external device is cheating, purely using the game is not. It's pretty black and white.

JoeM86

First I heard of the SR thing. Haha, fuck those guys. Using an external device is cheating, purely using the game is not. It's pretty black and white.

Some tried to use the "RNG abuse is just soft resetting" argument in Gen V when RNG abuse was common, but that was still using external software to determine stuff, and it needed values that were not accessible in the game without hacking in order to function.

Aequitas

Would this thread be appropriate for posting a trade request? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a Larvitar and a Gastly :)

Muku

Oh I missed this, but congrats, but I actually caught you a southern island shiny Latios, modest too. Well you can have two now, and this Latios has Defog.

I'll use one for battles. :) Having a set of two.. nothing wrong with that! Haha.

Aequitas, sure, it's fine. We throw in requests here and there. Hope someone can help ya. :) I'm off for work now.

lupinko

I'll use one for battles. :) Having a set of two.. nothing wrong with that! Haha.

Aequitas, sure, it's fine. We throw in requests here and there. Hope someone can help ya. :) I'm off for work now.

Did you want your Mew to have Softboiled in addition to Defog? I need to know before Mew leaves the GBA before embarking onto the DS travels.

Qurupeke

I think I'll finally bother with Pokedex. I haven't completed it since Emerald. I should already have most of the Pokemon anyway so I hope it won't take a lot of time.

Muku

Did you want your Mew to have Softboiled in addition to Defog? I need to know before Mew leaves the GBA before embarking onto the DS travels.

Actually, yes please. That would be awesome. :D

I think I'll finally bother with Pokedex. I haven't completed it since Emerald. I should already have most of the Pokemon anyway so I hope it won't take a lot of time.

You should. :) Do you have Pokebank? It's worth keeping a living dex if so! Has made ORAS much easier to deal with once I finished it in XY.

Would this thread be appropriate for posting a trade request? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a Larvitar and a Gastly :)

If you still need them, send me a pm. I'll see what I can do. Edit: Got your PM, replied, so we'll continue that way to get you the two. :) Taken care of!

lupinko

The thing with powersaved/save editor/blah blah hacked shinified mons, if not done correctly (and 99% of the time it's not done correctly), the mon can be rejected by future games due to its blatant hackery.

Which is why so many people during the beginning of Poketransfer and Pokebank questioned if Pokebank actually worked or not when they couldn't transfer their Pokemon from earlier games. Well Pokebank did work, it just kept out the bogus mons. Lol

Got me a Naive Diancie with 31/18/28/31/17/31. Not perfect, but I'll take it, was tired of SR'ing.

Now to get me a Hoopa. Noticed I still had a few breeding and training projects left, but I'm not gonna bother with those now.

Muku

Starting the shiny Lugia hunt.... it's so sad because regular Lugia looks better. :(

Edit: Attempt 176 and it shows up. Yay. One more down. Didn't bother with a sync. Ended up Lonely. 24 - 25 / 6 - 7 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31

Going to try to get Heatran tomorrow so it can share my birthday. Wanted to do that with Lugia, but it came really early. x_x Was expecting to hunker down for the long run. Though, will say these resets are still so much easier than story mode Lati@s that I'm okay with it. Saved in front of Heatran's portal before quitting for night. Will tackle it after I get off work tomorrow.

Had a friend quitting Pokemon. He's actually giving up his 3DS and everything. He wasn't big into Pokemon, however, he gave me 10 legendaries/events he did have. He had a legit GS Palkia! Score! Now to get Dialga from a legit source.

Muku

Heatran farming START! I hope I can get it with todays time stamp. Though last two shinies have been all too good to me, so probably won't happen.

JoeM86

Pikachu Cup
pikachucup.png

Region: International
Registration Period: August 6th 2015 - August 13th2015
Battle Period: August 14th 2015 - August 16th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Electric-type Pokémon Only.
Restricted Pokémon: Non-Electric-type Pokémon. Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, Zekrom
Entry Gift: Pikachu, Light Ball or 1000 PokéMiles

The Pikachu Cup is a Double Battle Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon can enter, including those who have been transferred from previous games. The Pokémon Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus and Zekrom cannot be used. Registration opens August 6th through August 13th while the battles run from August 14th to August 16th. There's a special prize for entering, but it's dependant on Pikachu's placement in the most used Pokémon. If first to third, a special Pikachu will be distributed. If fourth to twelfth, a Light Ball and if it isn't in the Top 12, 1000 PokéMiles will be given

Is that what it is? A bug? Are they ever going to fix it? :( Your Rayray wants to go home now. :eek:
Apparently it's OT is too long. Happened with another event Pokemon, but they fixed it.

But this time I think either Nintendo or Maxsoft don't care and I can't contact Maxsoft because of the region-lock on their Facebook : /

Pikachu Cup
pikachucup.png

Alright, let's do this!

Good thing I have a BR Pikachu.

Huh, but thinking about it... this is gonna be Lightning Rod the competition, right? Or HP Ground.

JoeM86

Apparently it's OT is too long. Happened with another event Pokemon, but they fixed it.

But this time I think either Nintendo or Maxsoft don't care and I can't contact Maxsoft because of the region-lock on their Facebook : /

Alright, let's do this!

Good thing I have a BR Pikachu.

Huh, but thinking about it... this is gonna be Lightning Rod the competition, right? Or HP Ground.

Just be sure to use Pikachu so we get the special Pikachu

Muku

How the hell do they not care? Seems pretty lame. And how do you even choose an OT that is so long you break shit? Ugh. Well, I'll always keep him around in case he can finally go home...

No love on the birthday Heatran. Not surprising. :(

Qurupeke

Thanks everyone! Also, Shiny Charm already works. I got a shiny Electrike while breeding. Too bad it's not perfect, only 3 ivs but it's still awesome. Shiny Electrike will probably be easier to get than a HP Ice/Ground Electrike...

Pikachu Cup
pikachucup.png

Region: International
Registration Period: August 6th 2015 - August 13th2015
Battle Period: August 14th 2015 - August 16th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Electric-type Pokémon Only.
Restricted Pokémon: Non-Electric-type Pokémon. Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, Zekrom
Entry Gift: Pikachu, Light Ball or 1000 PokéMiles

The Pikachu Cup is a Double Battle Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon can enter, including those who have been transferred from previous games. The Pokémon Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus and Zekrom cannot be used. Registration opens August 6th through August 13th while the battles run from August 14th to August 16th. There's a special prize for entering, but it's dependant on Pikachu's placement in the most used Pokémon. If first to third, a special Pikachu will be distributed. If fourth to twelfth, a Light Ball and if it isn't in the Top 12, 1000 PokéMiles will be given
Is there a minimum amount of battles I need to fight to be eligible for the Pikachu (if Pikachu places in the top 3)?

Top Bottom